Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Varnish

Do you think of using Legendary Pokémon as cheating?

Personally, I consider using Legendary Pokémon in any game and being heavily reliant on them as members of a party to be cheating. So far, I have only successfully not used a Legendary Pokémon as a member of my main team at all in X version (when I refused to use Xerneas in the final fight with Lysandre). In Black, I used Reshiram in the final fight with Ghetsis, and I used Lugia against the Elite Four in SoulSilver as "backup", although I used it much more than I would have preferred.

Do any of you think of using them as cheating?

Edited by Varnish

I don't see why anyone would ever call that "cheating" ... It's like crafting Ultima in KH and never use it"Oh, I finally completed every quest, now I can get the strongest weapon in the game, but I'll never use it because it's cheating" ...It's one of the main goals in Pokemon, catch the Legendary. So.... Why not?

I don't see why anyone would ever call that "cheating" ... It's like crafting Ultima in KH and never use it"Oh, I finally completed every quest, now I can get the strongest weapon in the game, but I'll never use it because it's cheating" ...It's one of the main goals in Pokemon, catch the Legendary. So.... Why not?

If it's available, nope. The person's choice if they want to use it or not.

Reminds me of exp share, use or not, it's not cheating if you do. The games gives it to you.

Maybe my standards are too high...

Personally, I consider using Legendary Pokémon in any game and being heavily reliant on them as members of a party to be cheating. So far, I have only successfully not used a Legendary Pokémon as a member of my main team at all in X version (when I refused to use Xerneas in the final fight with Lysandre). In Black, I used Reshiram in the final fight with Ghetsis, and I used Lugia against the Elite Four in SoulSilver as "backup", although I used it much more than I would have preferred.

Do any of you think of using them as cheating?

Well,it depends on the Legendary.

if it's something that isn't so OP like Cresselia or most of the roaming legendaries like Suicune,Raikou or Entei...then maybe it's fine

But remember that in BlackWhite 1,using ReshiramZekrom is pretty much required if you want to beat N and then Ghetsis....you can't avoid catching Reshiram since it's a mandatory catch....

It's not nessecary cheating,but it's something I call cheap especially in Online battles whether in the games or in Showdown

Using One or maybe two legendaries can be fine....but a team of SIX LEGENDARIES!! that can be cheap but it's not impossible to beat a team of legendaries and you can come up with many strategies to beat them even if you don't have a legendary in your team

Every Legendary has an exploitable weak spot in it's stats that can be exploited with a good strategy

So it's not really cheating as much as it's being cheap and taking the easy way.

But after you beat the main story,you're free to use the Legendary however you want in post game

HowEVER!!

If the name of your opponent is Cynthia....CHEAT...USE AS MUCH LEGENDARIES AS YOU CAN AGAINST HER

Her Garchomp is a doomsday machine in itself...if you let her follow sword dance with an outrage,....it's game over

Edited by Shana09

HowEVER!!

If the name of your opponent is Cynthia....CHEAT...USE AS MUCH LEGENDARIES AS YOU CAN AGAINST HER

Her Garchomp is a doomsday machine in itself...if you let her follow sword dance with an outrage,....it's game over

Garchomp is not that bad... In my case, it was torture to defeat it in Pearl (back when I had no idea how to play Pokémon games properly), but in Platinum, if I remember correctly, I defeated it the first time through using my Lopunny, which knows Ice Punch.

Garchomp is not that bad... In my case, it was torture to defeat it in Pearl (back when I had no idea how to play Pokémon games properly), but in Platinum, if I remember correctly, I defeated it the first time through using my Lopunny, which knows Ice Punch.

Yeah but Lopunny isn't fast enough to outspeed Garchomp unless you have a focus sash to survive

And even then,you might need a critical hit as Lopunny won't get any STAB since she isn't an ice type.

But hey,she got even harder when you face her in the PWT in BlackWhite 2...not the normal battle in Undella town....the PWT battle.

Hoooly shit she's the hardest champion to beat in the champion tournament.

Her Garchomp has Focus Sash so she always set up the Sword Dance and then spam outrage,so even if you got the ice beam once on her she still can wreck your team,and you can't use healing items in the PWT since it simulates competitive battling

And even if you managed to knock her Garchomp,she still has her Lucario and Roserade to KO the remaining members of your team

Btw,you can only use 3 Pokemon in the PWT

No, because the Legendaries are easily just as easy to take down in one hit as a regular Pokemon. There's no difference aside from it being labelled as a Legendary.

In fact, I'm reminded of my friend who has gone undefeated and I have yet to see him actually use a Legendary.  He took out an entire team of six Legendaries easily using either Kangaskhan or Cloyster, but either way, he used just one Pokemon.

Edited by Vexoria

HowEVER!!

Or fight fire with fire, and get a Garchomp of your own :P

Personally, I never liked using legendaries. The only legendary I used was Lugia on Silver, and Soul Silver (During the Elite 4 and Lance only)

Yeah but Lopunny isn't fast enough to outspeed Garchomp unless you have a focus sash to survive

And even then,you might need a critical hit as Lopunny won't get any STAB since she isn't an ice type.

I still did it.

No, because the Legendaries are easily just as easy to take down in one hit as a regular Pokemon. There's no difference aside from it being labelled as a Legendary.

In fact, I'm reminded of my friend who has gone undefeated and I have yet to see him actually use a Legendary.  He took out an entire team of six Legendaries easily using either Kangaskhan or Cloyster, but either way, he used just one Pokemon.

That depends on what the Legendary Pokémon were... Were they "weak Legendary Pokémon" (such as Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Maniphy), or "strong Legendary Pokémon" (such as Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Darkrai, Cresselia, Regigigas and Heatran)?

I still did it.

That depends on what the Legendary Pokémon were... Were they "weak Legendary Pokémon" (such as Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Maniphy), or "strong Legendary Pokémon" (such as Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Darkrai, Cresselia, Regigigas and Heatran)?

Of course you "did it", it's freaking in-game! And thinking that using a legendary is cheating is even more ridiculous than the RNG manipulation "debate".

And anyone with a team of six legends who constantly loses is probably just a terrible player.

Of course you "did it", it's freaking in-game! And thinking that using a legendary is cheating is even more ridiculous than the RNG manipulation "debate".

That does not make any sense...