Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Pokemon Z: Return to Kalos (Roleplay Thread)

(Alright, here's the thread for the Pokemon Z roleplay! We have the five chosen by Professor Sycamore already, but if anyone else would like to join, feel free to do so here: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/64422-pokemon-z-return-to-kalos-roleplay-signups/?do=findComment&comment=1272125 )

After having helped out at the hotel Richissime and visiting a couple stores, Yui had finally returned home. She kicked off her shoes, and sat down at her desk. She could finally spend her birthday relaxing... It wasn't all that fun having to spend a day as important as her eighteenth birthday working all day, after all. She booted up her computer, but was quickly interrupted by her mother. "Yui, there's someone here to see you!" Her mother told her. Yui stood up and turned to face her mother.

"Really? I knew no one would forget today!" She rushed to the door, but was greeted by a woman she'd never met before. "Uh..." She tried to think of something to say. What was this woman doing here?

"Oh, so you must be Yui! I'm Serena." The woman introduced herself. "I'm here to give you a request..." She handed Yui a Pokeball and a Pokedex, "As well as a gift."

Yui looked at the Pokeball and Pokedex. "Wait, I get these?" She asked, and called out the Pokemon in the Pokeball. She was greeted by an energetic Totodile, which instantly ran around her in circles. Yui laughed, and picked the Pokemon up. "It already likes me! I think I'll name him... Tide!" She held the Pokemon out, and smiled at him.

"Uh... There's business involved, too." Serena reminded Yui. "You see... Professor Sycamore has requested that you join four other trainers in a quest to set off around Kalos with the Pokedex. He doesn't care exactly what it is you do during the journey, so long as you complete your Pokedex. He suggested the Pokemon Gym challenge, for example..."

"A journey around Kalos...? Sure, especially if I get to go with this little guy!" Yui agreed, grinning widely. She'd never had a birthday gift like this before. She looked to her mother for approval, who nodded.

"I was already asked about this. The Professor asked me to keep it a surprise for your birthday." She told her daughter, smiling.

"Great! In that case, I'd like you to step outside with me..." Serena led Yui outside, and sent out a Talonflame. Yui stared at it in amazement and Serena climbed aboard it. "Are you coming?" Serena held out her hand for Yui. Yui nodded, and joined Serena atop the Pokemon. The two flew off in the distance on Talonflame.

Yui was shocked by how fast the Pokemon traveled. In what seemed like a few seconds, they had already landed in Aquacorde town. "We're here!" Serena told her. She led Yui to a group of picnic tables outside. "This is where Professor Sycamore asked the others to meet us in his letters... He also said that Shauna was sent to Vaniville to get the ones there, and Trevor is heading to find Ludicus..." She muttered to herself. Meanwhile, Yui waited for her new companions... She hoped they'd be somewhere around her age.

Sho opened the door and walked into his house after a long -- and boring -- day of school. (If there isn't a school in Vaniville in the game, there is one now.) To Sho, finals were the most boring part of school. He didn't see why everyone spazzed out about them; they were hardly a challenge. Well, at least school's over, Sho thought as he sat down on the couch and put in his earphones. To tell the truth, school was alright -- Sho had enough friends and such -- but it was all so normal, so boring. It was quite irksome to Sho. He hoped that he would finally be able to do something exciting for once during the break, but, as always, it would probably remain just that -- a false hope, an empty dream.

Sho was about to nod off when he heard his mother calling from the kitchen. "Welcome home, honey! How was school? Oh, and before I forget, there's a letter on the table for you. It's from Professor Sycamore."

Sho opened one eye and took out an earphone. "Sycamore?" He reached for the letter on the table, opened it, and began reading....

Edited by Xiro

Sho opened the door and walked into his house after a long -- and boring -- day of school. (If there isn't a school in Vaniville in the game, there is one now.) To Sho, finals were the most boring part of school. He didn't see why everyone spazzed out about them; they were hardly a challenge. Well, at least school's over, Sho thought as he sat down on the couch and put in his earphones. To tell the truth, school was alright -- Sho had enough friends and such -- but it was all so normal, so boring. It was quite irksome to Sho. He hoped that he would finally be able to do something exciting for once during the break, but, as always, it would probably remain just that -- a false hope, an empty dream.

Sho was about to nod off when he heard his mother calling from the kitchen. "Welcome home, honey! How was school? Oh, and before I forget, there's a letter on the table for you. It's from Professor Sycamore."

Sho opened one eye and took out an earphone. "Sycamore?" He reached for the letter on the table, opened it, and began reading....

"Hello Sho! My name is Professor Sycamore, as you must already know. I am writing you to give a request. You see, it has been five years since I last sent five lucky children off on a journey to travel around Kalos and complete the Pokedex. So, I have chosen you as one of the next five who will take up this journey! You are welcome to decline the offer, of course, but I am sure that this is an opportunity you will not let go to waste. I have an attendant on her way to Vaniville Town to find you and two others who I have chosen. She will have three Pokemon with her, as well as a model of the newest Pokedex for you. Don't worry about your parents, I have informed your mother already. She should already be expecting a visitor! Now, good luck with your journey in the Kalos region!" This was the message written on the letter. Suddenly, with timing that seemed too good to be true, someone knocked on the door to Sho's home.

"Hello Sho! My name is Professor Sycamore, as you must already know. I am writing you to give a request. You see, it has been five years since I last sent five lucky children off on a journey to travel around Kalos and complete the Pokedex. So, I have chosen you as one of the next five who will take up this journey! You are welcome to decline the offer, of course, but I am sure that this is an opportunity you will not let go to waste. I have an attendant on her way to Vaniville Town to find you and two others who I have chosen. She will have three Pokemon with her, as well as a model of the newest Pokedex for you. Don't worry about your parents, I have informed your mother already. She should already be expecting a visitor! Now, good luck with your journey in the Kalos region!" This was the message written on the letter. Suddenly, with timing that seemed too good to be true, someone knocked on the door to Sho's home.

Ludicus got home from his school in Vaniville Town, lay his stuff on his bed, and started relaxing. He just finished up with a test at school, which he was sure he did well on. He treated it like a mind game, just like he did with most of school. He does this, because he doesn't like losing games, and treating everything like a game makes a wonderful ambition for him. However, as soon as he picked up the controller for his system, his mother called. "Ludicus, you have a letter here for you!" Arch set the controller down and head downstairs, thinking about how he almost never gets letters. He picked up the letter on the table, and read through it(Assuming it's like the letter Sho got, except matching it to Arch. At once, he said to his mother, "Mom, I need to go pack up, assuming you've read the letter!" So he went upstairs, packed up some clothes and other necessities, went back downstairs, with his mother stopping him at the door. "Now, let me remind you," his mother began, "that I'm trusting you to keep yourself safe. I want you to take care of the Pokemon Professor Sycamore's giving you, and no matter what happens, I want you to be safe!" Arch hugged her mom. "Yes mom, I'll come home safe..." Arch then let go, and headed out the door, grabbing his beanie hat with the Triforce on it before leaving, and waved goodbye to his mother's Skarmory, perched outside on top of the house. Arch knew that the attendant should be here in Vaniville by now. And his suspicions were proven correct when he saw an attendant outside Sho's house. Arch ran up to the attendant, gasping for breath. "Ugh...too much energy...so, I assume you're Professor Sycamore's attendant?" He asked.

(Hopefully quoting was somewhat the right thing to do. If not, that sucks for me and you and Xiro and anyone else who's offended by that)

(I'm gonna piggyback off of D-Slayer'd post anyway...)

Derik watched as the boy walked over to him and the "Attendant" as the boy put it, and waited for the nice woman who worked for the professor to answer for herself.

(I'm gonna piggyback off of D-Slayer'd post anyway...)

Derik watched as the boy walked over to him and the "Attendant" as the boy put it, and waited for the nice woman who worked for the professor to answer for herself.

(You commit a terrible sin, boy...SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! HOW DID YOU GET HERE!?)

Edited by dimensionslayer

(You commit a terrible sin, boy...SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! HOW DID YOU GET HERE!?)

(Derik's freakin' homeless, he was sitting by the gate when the "Attendant" came, if you must know!)

(Derik's freakin' homeless, he was sitting by the gate when the "Attendant" came, if you must know!)

(Oh dear. I am so sorry...wait, I just realized. Derik. That other Pokemon RP that we're both in...how do I just realize this? I mean, I realize what Tide is referencing immediately, because Blaxel used Tide sice freakin' forever(A.k.a., when I first started majorly RPing with him), and I don't recognize this? Maybe it's because I haven't gotten used to seeing the name. Yeah, that's what it is...maybe)

(Hopefully quoting was somewhat the right thing to do. If not, that sucks for me and you and Xiro and anyone else who's offended by that)

(*is offended* : P)

Sho read the letter. "Pokedex.... journey.... Pokemon?" This seemed to be just the thing Sho was waiting for. He quickly turned to his mother. "Wait, you're actually okay with this?"

"Of course. I think you're old enough to take care of yourself, and it's about time you went on the adventure you're always dreaming about. Just make sure you don't get into any trouble along the way."

"Heh, thanks Mom."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Sho unnecessarily declared. He opened the door to see a professional-looking woman accompanied by two seemingly random kids. After a moment Sho realized that the two were also residents of Vaniville. Perhaps they were chosen as well.

Sho gave them all a sheepish grin. "Um, hi."

(Oops, Arch didn't say that his character was from Vaniville so I thought he was from another town... Guess Trevor won't be part of this then. xD Shauna's going to have 4 Pokemon then, since there are 4 people from Vaniville.)

The woman standing outside Sho's house looked at the three teenagers that stood before here. "So, you must be the ones who the professor asked me to find!" She smiled, seeming strangely childish for someone who helped out Professor Sycamore. "I'm Shauna, nice to meet you all! I'd assume you all read the letter, so... Let's cut to the chase. We're waiting on one more future trainer to arrive. Once he gets here, I'll take you all up to Aquacorde so you can meet your new Pokemon!" She told the three.

(Oops, Arch didn't say that his character was from Vaniville so I thought he was from another town... Guess Trevor won't be part of this then. xD Shauna's going to have 4 Pokemon then, since there are 4 people from Vaniville.)

The woman standing outside Sho's house looked at the three teenagers that stood before here. "So, you must be the ones who the professor asked me to find!" She smiled, seeming strangely childish for someone who helped out Professor Sycamore. "I'm Shauna, nice to meet you all! I'd assume you all read the letter, so... Let's cut to the chase. We're waiting on one more future trainer to arrive. Once he gets here, I'll take you all up to Aquacorde so you can meet your new Pokemon!" She told the three.

(Trevor died on the way)

"One sec." Sho closed the door and ran upstairs to his room. He dumped all of his school stuff out of his backpack and onto his bed, and replaced it with a few changes of clothes, a couple of Pokemon research books, and the other basic necessities. He pocketed his phone (we can have phones, right?) and his wallet, and took one last look at his room before closing the door.

Sho arrived downstairs to see his mother waiting for him. "You know, you remind me of your father when he was your age."

"Heh, you always say that."

"I know.... Now remember to keep in touch. And always floss. And if there are any girls --"

"Mom!"

"Sorry." They both laughed as mother and child embraced each other.

"Well, I guess I'll be off, then," Sho said. "See you." And with that he walked out the door, returning to the company of his visitors.

(Trevor died on the way)

"One sec." Sho closed the door and ran upstairs to his room. He dumped all of his school stuff out of his backpack and onto his bed, and replaced it with a few changes of clothes, a couple of Pokemon research books, and the other basic necessities. He pocketed his phone (we can have phones, right?) and his wallet, and took one last look at his room before closing the door.

Sho arrived downstairs to see his mother waiting for him. "You know, you remind me of your father when he was your age."

"I know.... Now remember to keep in touch. And always floss. And if there are any girls --"

"Mom!"

"Well, I guess I'll be off, then," Sho said. "See you." And with that he walked out the door, returning to the company of his visitors.

(And there's only one girl... Also, yes, phones are fine. :P)

(Trevor died on the way)

"Mom!"

(And Derik ate his corpse because he was hungry and had no money/shot)

Derik nodded. He seemed to be the quiet type, but it wasn't that at all. He looked around for a relatively flat-spot, and pulled out a sheet of paper and a pencil, then scribbled down some words on it, then presented it to Shauna. It read "I'm mute... I can communicate through sign-language or with text, but I can't speak..." Derik made a quiet yawn. The next line read "Do you have any ideas on how I can communicate easier with the world?" He asked.

Derik nodded. He seemed to be the quiet type, but it wasn't that at all. He looked around for a relatively flat-spot, and pulled out a sheet of paper and a pencil, then scribbled down some words on it, then presented it to Shauna. It read "I'm mute... I can communicate through sign-language or with text, but I can't speak..." Derik made a quiet yawn. The next line read "Do you have any ideas on how I can communicate easier with the world?" He asked.

Shauna seemed to be thinking of an answer to Derik's question. "Hm... I can't really think of anything really, sorry..." She apologized. "Of course... I've heard that some scientists are working on technology to allow Pokemon to communicate with humans more easily. I'm not sure how it works... But the professor might know more about it!" She told Derik, hoping that her answer worked.

(I think there was a guy in Ruby/Sapphire working on that... Right?)

Edited by Black Star

Shauna seemed to be thinking of an answer to Derik's question. "Hm... I can't really think of anything really, sorry..." She apologized. "Of course... I've heard that some scientists are working on technology to allow Pokemon to communicate with Pokemon more easily. I'm not sure how it works... But the professor might know more about it!" She told Derik, hoping that her answer worked.

(From my recolection of RSE, yes.)

(And there's only one girl... Also, yes, phones are fine. :P)

(Sho's mom doesn't know that ;) )

Sho looked at the kid who was writing on a sheet of paper [Derik]. He's mute? Sho wasn't sure of what to say. He could have offered condolences, but Sho wasn't sure if Derik would like condolences -- or pity. Shauna, the Professor's envoy, mentioned something that the Professor might know about. Sho took this opportunity to jump in.

"How would that work? Telepathy?" Sho turned to Derik and smiled. "Don't worry. I'm sure the Professor has a plan. It'll all work out."

Shauna seemed to be thinking of an answer to Derik's question. "Hm... I can't really think of anything really, sorry..." She apologized. "Of course... I've heard that some scientists are working on technology to allow Pokemon to communicate with Pokemon more easily. I'm not sure how it works... But the professor might know more about it!" She told Derik, hoping that her answer worked.

(I could be wrong, but don't you mean "allow humans to communicate with Pokemon more easily"?)

By then it was already around 9 to 10 if not any later. The sounds of 'pew pew' and beeps and boops could be heard upstairs as Ruby sprawled herself on the bed,the white and aquamarine sheets covering her from ankles to head,leaving her feet exposed to which she used to gently feet Empress' fur at the end of the bed. Under the bundle of sheets Ruby played with her 3DS,concentrating on one of her birthday gifts,a game based on something called 'Digimon' or something of sorts. Utterly brilliant to her understanding. How could people come up with this stuff? Soon there was a knock on her door.

"Ruby,are you up?"Her mother called. Ruby groaned under her breath as she closed her 3DS,resting it on the end-table before laying back down on the bed. Another couple of knocks. "Ruby,I know that you've been playing your 3DS for the past 30 minutes."Her mother said. Ruby hid her head under her pillow,to which Empress walked up to investigate. "Maybe if I act dead she'll leave me alone."Ruby muffled from under the pillow. After a few minutes the door opened as her mother walked in,creeping up next to her daughter's bed and pulling the bedsheets,exposing the hidden Ruby and Empress,who both whined while searching for shelter under the pillows. Her mother chuckled.

"Come on Ruby,today you start your adventure! You get to become a pokemon trainer with Empress,and meet a bunch of people and pokemon,just like my journey when I went to become a coordinator."Her mother said before turning and dramatically posing in a coordinator pose. "Those were the days,where me and Delcatty won the ribbons and left the rest of the coordinators in the dust!"Her mother said,to which Delcatty joined in with a happy chirp. Ruby sweatdropped before glancing over at Empress and then back at her mother. "Alright alright,I'm getting up."Ruby muttered as she stretched and glanced down at her long sleeved lucario pijamas. "Hey mom could you step out for a bit? I want to change. Don't want to run out wearing this ya know."Ruby said as she rubbed 

Her mother stopped her nostalgic fantasy and turned to her darling little daughter. "Oh why didn't you say so I have the perfect outfit for you!"Her mother squealed as she pulled out a dress from out of nowhere. It was frilly and pink and it looked like it came out straight out of a fairy tail...not Ruby's style that's for sure. "Um."Ruby cleared her throat. "It's ok mom,I'll wear something out of my closet. A bit more,comfortable."Ruby said as she started to gently push her mother out of her room. Ruby's mother persisted. "Are you sure? This would look so cute on you though! Atleast give it a try!"Her mother insisted. "Yeah yeah I will."Ruby said as she took the dress and finally pushed her mother out of the room,closing the door quickly. She stared down at the dress and sighed,turning to Empress. "No need to worry. After today we won't have to deal with this kind of thing for a long while."

Sho looked at the kid who was writing on a sheet of paper [Derik]. He's mute? Sho wasn't sure of what to say. He could have offered condolences, but Sho wasn't sure if Derik would like condolences -- or pity. Shauna, the Professor's envoy, mentioned something that the Professor might know about. Sho took this opportunity to jump in.

"How would that work? Telepathy?" Sho turned to Derik and smiled. "Don't worry. I'm sure the Professor has a plan. It'll all work out."

(I could be wrong, but don't you mean "allow humans to communicate with Pokemon more easily"?)

(It's fixed. :P)

(Sho's mother knows nothing...because sir Minamimoto has no mother. Also please say that Sho'll spout out random math stuff from time to time)

"Yeah, the professor should have something planned...but until then, take these," and Arch gave Derik a whiteboard roughly the size of a tablet, a marker, and an eraser. "It should work fine until we get something better...so, is there any other business any of us need to take care of?"

(Sho's mother knows nothing...because sir Minamimoto has no mother. Also please say that Sho'll spout out random math stuff from time to time) "Yeah, the professor should have something planned...but until then, take these," and Arch gave Derik a whiteboard roughly the size of a tablet, a marker, and an eraser. "It should work fine until we get something better...so, is there any other business any of us need to take care of?"

Derik nodded and mouthed "thank you" before accepting the tools. At this point, Derik was about ready to explode with excitement and exhaustion.

By then it was already around 9 to 10 if not any later. The sounds of 'pew pew' and beeps and boops could be heard upstairs as Ruby sprawled herself on the bed,the white and aquamarine sheets covering her from ankles to head,leaving her feet exposed to which she used to gently feet Empress' fur at the end of the bed. Under the bundle of sheets Ruby played with her 3DS,concentrating on one of her birthday gifts,a game based on something called 'Digimon' or something of sorts. Utterly brilliant to her understanding. How could people come up with this stuff? Soon there was a knock on her door.

"Ruby,are you up?"Her mother called. Ruby groaned under her breath as she closed her 3DS,resting it on the end-table before laying back down on the bed. Another couple of knocks. "Ruby,I know that you've been playing your 3DS for the past 30 minutes."Her mother said. Ruby hid her head under her pillow,to which Empress walked up to investigate. "Maybe if I act dead she'll leave me alone."Ruby muffled from under the pillow. After a few minutes the door opened as her mother walked in,creeping up next to her daughter's bed and pulling the bedsheets,exposing the hidden Ruby and Empress,who both whined while searching for shelter under the pillows. Her mother chuckled.

"Come on Ruby,today you start your adventure! You get to become a pokemon trainer with Empress,and meet a bunch of people and pokemon,just like my journey when I went to become a coordinator."Her mother said before turning and dramatically posing in a coordinator pose. "Those were the days,where me and Delcatty won the ribbons and left the rest of the coordinators in the dust!"Her mother said,to which Delcatty joined in with a happy chirp. Ruby sweatdropped before glancing over at Empress and then back at her mother. "Alright alright,I'm getting up."Ruby muttered as she stretched and glanced down at her long sleeved lucario pijamas. "Hey mom could you step out for a bit? I want to change. Don't want to run out wearing this ya know."Ruby said as she rubbed 

Her mother stopped her nostalgic fantasy and turned to her darling little daughter. "Oh why didn't you say so I have the perfect outfit for you!"Her mother squealed as she pulled out a dress from out of nowhere. It was frilly and pink and it looked like it came out straight out of a fairy tail...not Ruby's style that's for sure. "Um."Ruby cleared her throat. "It's ok mom,I'll wear something out of my closet. A bit more,comfortable."Ruby said as she started to gently push her mother out of her room. Ruby's mother persisted. "Are you sure? This would look so cute on you though! Atleast give it a try!"Her mother insisted. "Yeah yeah I will."Ruby said as she took the dress and finally pushed her mother out of the room,closing the door quickly. She stared down at the dress and sighed,turning to Empress. "No need to worry. After today we won't have to deal with this kind of thing for a long while."

(Aw yeah, we got another gamer up in here!)

(And for the 5th time within two days, I post a post that makes a new page...I once again don't know if this is a blessing or a curse...)

Edited by dimensionslayer

Joe sits looking at the window of the plane as Eevee jumps up onto his lap also wanting to see Joe looked to Eevee and smiled as he rubbed the small pokemon's head "looks like it's just you and me this time Eevee huh?" Eevee smiled as Joe then gave a slight glance to his bag quickly grabbing it and looking inside to see if there was anything contained that shouldnt have been as Joe finished examining his back he found nothing that should not of been inside "huh what do you know we really don't have any stow ways in the bag this time around" as Joe smirked Eevee jumped onto his head to get a better view out the window as the small pokemon looked out the window he suddenly began to jump around on top of Joe's head Joe glanced up to Eevee slightly with an amused face as he reached up for the small pokemon and took him into his hands "Whats got you so excited" as Joe asked his question Eevee looked towards the window of the plane an excited look on his face to respond Joe decided to look out the window then noticing why Eevee was getting excited "So thats whats got you all hipped up" As Joe looked out the window land began to come into view "so were finally here huh the Kalos Region. A number of minutes after Joe and Eevee had first seen Kalos the plane had arrived at the airport and landed Joe stood by the door leading off the plane with Eevee sitting on his shoulder the two looked to one another as they took in a large breath of air "Smell that Eevee thats the smell of a new journey thats waiting for use to get going" Eevee gave a slight cheer as Joe ran from the plane and out of the airport as quickly as he could upon exiting the airport Joe found himself in a large city Joe looked around seeing buildings of all kinds of different shapes and sizes a thought then occurred to Joe "Huh just after thinking i have no idea what the name of this city is or even if theirs a gym, hum might be best if we try and find a pokemon center we might be able to get some info there about were we should head alright Eevee lets go"

(Sho's mother knows nothing...because sir Minamimoto has no mother. Also please say that Sho'll spout out random math stuff from time to time)

"Yeah, the professor should have something planned...but until then, take these," and Arch gave Derik a whiteboard roughly the size of a tablet, a marker, and an eraser. "It should work fine until we get something better...so, is there any other business any of us need to take care of?"

(Alright. I might make him cook too xD)

Derik nodded and mouthed "thank you" before accepting the tools. At this point, Derik was about ready to explode with excitement and exhaustion.

(Please don't explode)

Sho replied to the other boy's [slayer's char, idr the name] question. "Well, I think there's one other person who's supposed to be here. Wonder what's taking them so long..."

Sho then turned to Shauna. "So, any idea as to why out of the countless other kids in Kalos, the Professor chooses us?"

(Please don't explode)

Sho replied to the other boy's [slayer's char, idr the name] question. "Well, I think there's one other person who's supposed to be here. Wonder what's taking them so long..."

Sho then turned to Shauna. "So, any idea as to why out of the countless other kids in Kalos, the Professor chooses us?"

(First, his name is Ludicus Charitat, bonus points to anyone who understands what that loosely means. Second, he chose us because we are the epic broskies of this generation...or maybe because we signed up, I dunno.)

(Please don't explode)

(I left a comment on Spider's page to remind him to post. Once he does, the Vaniville group will get moving.)

"Good question..." Shauna replied, thinking up an answer. "Well, he's had great experience choosing from Vaniville before, seeing as how three of us from the original journey were from here." Shauna began her reply. "It's a small town, so there aren't many people to choose from... He probably tried to figure who would benefit the most from a journey, and those who wouldn't decline. As for the fifth member of your team, she lives near Professor Sycamore, who knows her mother... He's probably known how much she wanted to go on a journey. I'd assume that's why you were all chosen!" Shauna answered the question, and smiled at the group.