Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I've never thought I'd say this, but I am currently watching a slice of life style anime...

Yeah.

To eleborate, this show's been out for a while, and so has the manga, and I recently got introduced to it thanks to a anime reviewer on YouTube. He's like me; I prefer shonen anime with big muscled guys punching each other in the face.

But then I heard about this series; it's hilarious, and pushes the bar on everything that is awkward and uncomfortable... but it's still hilarious. lol

I recommend any type of anime/manga fan to check this series out. And after you do that, come back here so we can talk about it. :)

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I just started watching episode 1... I see what you meant by awkward, Firaga. xD But it's so fun to watch for some reason... Also, is it bad that I can relate to Tomoko? xD

No. Everyone can relate to Tomoko in a way. Episode 8 or 9 came out today I think....

No. Everyone can relate to Tomoko in a way. Episode 8 or 9 came out today I think....

Phew, alright. xD I think 9 came out today. I have to pay to watch the newest episode on the site I use... (Grumble grumble)

Phew, alright. xD I think 9 came out today. I have to pay to watch the newest episode on the site I use... (Grumble grumble)

That's right. Episode 9 is the one that comes out today. It's released on our time zone at 10:00 AM, so it'll probably be a while till it appears online with subs.

That's right. Episode 9 is the one that comes out today. It's released on our time zone at 10:00 AM, so it'll probably be a while till it appears online with subs.

Well, I need to catch up anyway, so it works for me. xD Also, I keep realizing how similar I am to Tomoko every episode... She's already one of my favorite anime characters. The main difference between me and her is I don't play dating sims, especially perverted ones... xD

Well, I need to catch up anyway, so it works for me. xD Also, I keep realizing how similar I am to Tomoko every episode... She's already one of my favorite anime characters. The main difference between me and her is I don't play dating sims, especially perverted ones... xD

I play otome//shot. Just not perverted ones. 

The episode is out it just needs to be translated.

I play otome//shot. Just not perverted ones. 

The episode is out it just needs to be translated.

I'm not as perverted as her... But everything else is just about spot-on, except I'm a guy. xD

The official upload's out for paid members on Crunchyroll.com I think. :/

But then I heard about this series; it's hilarious, and pushes the bar on everything that is awkward and uncomfortable... but it's still hilarious. lol

Okay, so I just watched the first four episodes and... I think the phrase "pushes the bar" is a bit of an understatement. I've never been so uncomfortable watching a show, and I'm sitting alone downstairs with everyone else asleep. Episode four is quite possible the most awkward thing I have ever seen. Honestly, it feels like the episodes take twice the amount of time to watch.

I feel like a terrible person watching this. Tomoko's life is so freaking sad, and yet I'm laughing at it. I feel down right depressed (especially because I see a little of myself in her), and I'm still laughing my butt off. Strangely... I think I like this show.

wow, my 2000th post. Its so strange to see a two there, when its been one for so long.

Edited by DragonMaster

Okay, so I just watched the first four episodes and... I think the phrase "pushes the bar" is a bit of an understatement. I've never been so uncomfortable watching a show, and I'm sitting alone downstairs with everyone else asleep. Episode four is quite possible the most awkward thing I have ever seen. Honestly, it feels like the episodes take twice the amount of time to watch.

I feel like a terrible person watching this. Tomoko's life is so freaking sad, and yet I'm laughing at it. I feel down right depressed (especially because I see a little of myself in her), and I'm still laughing my butt off. Strangely... I think I like this show.

wow, my 2000th post. Its so strange to see a two there, when its been one for so long.

Yes. All those elements you described is exactly what WataMote gives you. lol And don't beat yourself up about laughing. You're supposed to laugh, you silly goose. :)

My love life is similar... Extreamly hard to find anyone, and quite awkward.

Just watched a couple more episodes last night and wow, her life just keeps getting worse.

She tried so hard to find someone to go to watch the fireworks with, but she got stuck laying on the top of a building watching a whole different kind of fireworks. That and when she plastered her brother's room with those stickers were both hilarious. xD

Tomoko's brother is really funny, I just love his reactions to her. Would it kill him to help her out a little though? xD

Just watched a couple more episodes last night and wow, her life just keeps getting worse.

She tried so hard to find someone to go to watch the fireworks with, but she got stuck laying on the top of a building watching a whole different kind of fireworks. That and when she plastered her brother's room with those stickers were both hilarious. xD

Tomoko's brother is really funny, I just love his reactions to her. Would it kill him to help her out a little though? xD

Nope. He pretty much hates her.

As many of you have said, tomoko is a very relatable character. I for one don't think this simply because she plays video games and spends a lot of time on the computer, but why she does that. I have negligible social skills. I have a difficult time talking to people outside my circle of friends and my life has kind of sucked because of it. I can't make new friends easily and I can't speak to the girl i like. I spend my summer isolated in my room on the computer, and its not fun. Its nice having someone like tomoko(even though shes fictional) to relate to and feel for. I just think watamote is a good way to show people what its like to be like that.

Edited by Cuccojenkins

It just keeps getting more and more painful. X_X

This show deserves serious props for legitimately making me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed, while also being one of the funniest things I've seen. I'm so glad you made this thread, Firaga.

So do vaccums, they really suck the life out of people.

This is actually why I'm here right now, I needed to take a break at this point.

EDIT:

Holy mother of god episode 8 is so emotionally destroying. I'm scared to watch episode 9 (once its available for non-premium watchers).

I guess Tomoko's not going to be seeing much of umbrella guy anymore. She was so close, too.

Edited by DragonMaster