Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts123456

What is the best weapon choice?

i was always tempted to pick the staff because it gives you more MP, I personally like to have a lot of MP, but I'm also against picking it because you don't get many good abilities till you're at a high level. Picking a weapon at the beginning has always left me thinking which is the best to pick and sacrifice.

The staff is the best. Your maximum MP is determined right when you choose the weapon, however both Strength and Defense are able to be boosted to 100 regardless of what you choose. If you choose the staff, your MP at Level 100 is 10 and can reach 19 with the best equipment whereas without the staff, it can only reach 8.(17 boosted) The only disadvantage to the staff is that you get less item slots but do you really need 7 or 8 items? Thanks to CursedKeyblade and his infinite Elixirs trick, you should never need that many items.

I always choose the sword because I love attacking, but ya'll keep saying the staff is best to choose. But I have never dished out the shield for that I'm scared of how low my defense would be. I'll just choose sword and dish out staff and see where it gets me.

Does anyone know what level you get the Second Chance ability on with whatever weapon you choose? I think you get it fastest when you choose the shield, but I don't know what level.

Sword > Lv. 51

Staff > Lv. 48

Shield > Lv. 18

I take sword and give up staff since magic is pretty useless besides cure and aero in kh1.

Umm bullshit...Elemental Magic is very useful against Heartless

Magic sucks for bosses tho(except Cure and Aero)

I don't remember which weapon I decided to give up, but whatever I did, I'm regretting it now. I'm on level 52 and I so desperately need counterattack and I haven't gotten it yet. Some of the guides I read said it's not available til level 57.  <_<

And magic definitely has it's place in KH. I use the crap out of of Cure and Aero and not to mention you need MP to use Summons and I definitely like those. I don't use the other ones too much unless I have to cast it on something.

Edited by punchxcore

I YOLO'd it and picked the staff. Gave up the sword.Only problem I had with it was having to get to firetrucking Level 90 to get Second Chance.

Umm bullshit...Elemental Magic is very useful against HeartlessMagic sucks for bosses tho(except Cure and Aero)

It gets to a point where you can Thundaga the shit out of everything. It can be a godsend.

Worst choice is taking staff giving up shield on proud mode. Like its so bad I wanted to restart the game halfway through because I didn't even get half the abilities till I was level 40 and up.

I have a strategy for you there go redo Pegasus Cup or Hercules cup over and over again that way you will level very fast(especially doing Hercules Cup you get like 6000 exp or so each time you beat it)

I have a strategy for you there go redo Pegasus Cup or Hercules cup over and over again that way you will level very fast(especially doing Hercules Cup you get like 6000 exp or so each time you beat it)

Oh thank you! I'm trying to get to level 100 now so that will be very useful

Oh thank you! I'm trying to get to level 100 now so that will be very useful

Yeah you can quickly level up in these tournaments...and Hercules Cup isn't that hard(tho this depends on what level you are)

Plus Hercules is very fun to fight at the end