Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shazzam

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX : A Deep Analysis

So, what do you guys think of this? Some have already been said, like the false advertising of the graphics.

I for one am not surprised they cut corners in some places. After all, they worked really hard coding a lot of things from scratch and whatnot. Still excited for this great remaster!

Edited by Shazzam

I'm fine with all of these, actually.

The Sync issue doesn't bother me. They did the same with the english version of Re:CoM, as most of the time they were synced with the Japanese language, and not the English.The Trigger reaction is interesting. I wish they changed the Donald and Goofy button, or added a disable option.The Xion card would be AWESOME :D

Pretty much every remaster has its flaws. I expected this. I'm not one for HD graphics, but I do agree that false advertising is wrong.

Funny thing he only used the kh1 final mix Japanese not the kh1 1.5 hd remix graphics I just enjoyed the footage can't wait to get it

If he used the old cutscenes, wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Also, Final Mix back then doesn't look nearly as good as the HD. Not trying to be rude or anything, but a lot of work was put into this project and it would be silly to render it null and void if it turns out it was all a lie. Just saying. You should look him up, he has walkthroughs of the games, and he uploaded all of 358/2 Days. Check it out and see that it is indeed HD 1.5 Remix.

Funny thing he only used the kh1 final mix Japanese not the kh1 1.5 hd remix graphics I just enjoyed the footage can't wait to get it

He should really compare Final Mix to the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX.

This guys is making it look bad. Everyone does stuff like this to grab there attention. The PS3 version still looks waaaay better than the PS2. Those screenshots were just concept. It like this comparing this to the actual ingame sora.

http://khandsm.webs.com/photos/Sora/artimg142.jpg

Square did nothing wrong. It was just concept.

ALSO

They put in the 3D face model in for that scene instaed of flat 2D which is why it doesnt look well now.

maybe they were having issues and had to take it out. Pause at 18:01. That's the "exact" face shown in that SE shot. They were probably going to put it in but the PS3 couldnt handle. They cannot replace the 2D faces because it requires animation for those scenes. This guy isnt not looking clear enough

Edited by peronmls

Well I don't think I'd call what Square is doing false advertising. I mean most companies make their stuff better looking. Plus I still think the graphics are for the most part better and people should stop complaining about tiny mistakes in them. I mean of course it's not going to be perfect. But I think the game looks a lot better. Has for the rest of the stuff in the video I must agree with most of it. Kingdom Hearts should have a theater mode and you should be able to save the game after you're finished with it. And for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days there should be some action scenes. I mean most action scenes are short so they probably could have added some in. And a Xion card in CoM, heck yes! That'd be awesome!

This guys is making it look bad. Everyone does stuff like this to grab there attention. The PS3 version still looks waaaay better than the PS2. Those screenshots were just concept. It like this comparing this to the actual ingame sora.http://khandsm.webs.com/photos/Sora/artimg142.jpgSquare did nothing wrong. It was just concept.ALSOThey put in the 3D face model in for that scene instaed of flat 2D which is why it doesnt look well now.maybe they were having issues and had to take it out. Pause at 18:01. That's the "exact" face shown in that SE shot. They were probably going to put it in but the PS3 couldnt handle. They cannot replace the 2D faces because it requires animation for those scenes. This guy isnt not looking clear enough

Yeah I agree. I think the graphics in this are better than they are on the PS2. I mean of course they don't look like they do in the screenshots! The screenshots are made to look better! Every company does this to make their stuff look better.

Eh it doesn't bother me it's different or not updated in some parts. To me, everything looks/sounds fine and I can't wait to get the game. It would've been cool to see a tidbit of the Xion and Saix fight but oh well. I'm still excited :D

Edited by xoblivionx13

Graphics: They probably thought "No one would look it up or notice it afterwards" but there it is. It's a little messed up. I'm all for playing KH on my PS3 remastered or not BUT I do not like being cheaped out of promises that're said to be included. That being said, the "Default faces" aren't too big a deal for me. Don't really think anybody's gonna be thinking about it during the game. I'm cool with it so long as that is whats CLEARLY advertised.

Theater Mode: Okay, that kinda sucks. Should they have include it for FM? Yes. But we've lived without it before so we can do it again. And again, it's not like too many people will notice it after a while.

Action in 358: Here's the thing. Roxas and Axel went after the creature showing they went to strike the creature and took it down. I can live with that, as they did the same with Xion and Darkside. But cutting out Saix and Xion's fight scene leaves it confused. What are we supposed to think happened to Xion there, she just suddenly lost all power? Mini fight scene would've gone a long way.

Redone Music: I have no problem with this. I know that after a while, I won't know the difference unless I hear the original next to the recomposed. As long as KH has it's music, original or redone, I'm fine.

3D Models: Again, not too much issue but I think it'll be a bit more noticeable for a bit more time.

Reactions Commands: Okay, good argument. But since the concern is only on one enemy, I don't see this as a problem.

Lip sync: Ha. Well, all I can say is hopefully ours is better synced.

Sephiroth Quotes: Well, assuming it is technical difficulties, I don't see it as too big an issue but hopefully it doesn't happen every single time.

358 Cards in Re:Com: Well I'm a little disappointed there's not gonna be a Xion card but I don't think I'll be pounding my head against a wall over it. Also, it does make sense having Star Seeker as a card bonus as it was one of Mickey's weapons in 358 in Mission Mode. Plus, I don't see why he's only complaining about Star Seeker when Bond of Flame was, like Star Seeker, only playable in Mission Mode with Sora but not during 358. Well, it doesn't matter to me. We get 358 AND KH2 cards in Re:CoM, so I'm happy. Still, a Xion card would've been cool though.

You know what? You never know, we've had extras with KH in the past. Maybe they might fix some of these problem by the time 1.5 comes out for us.

You know I really only care about the new stuff and being able to play the game with a wireless paddle. So the lips could be synched to some incredibly weird language and the graphics could be has bad has they were on the gameboy and I wouldn't care. Well maybe I would a little. But has far has I can tell it looks like they did a pretty good job to me.

The things that bother me are:

1) Days gameplay looks horrible :( I was very dissapointed they didn't remaster it

2) That stupid default face always bugged me -.-

The things that bother me are:1) Days gameplay looks horrible :( I was very dissapointed they didn't remaster it2) That stupid default face always bugged me -.-

Are you kidding me!? Days was the one that looked the newest of them all!