Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Yen Sid

Just a thought about the battle systems throughout the KH series

The Command Menu (used in KH1, KH2, Days, and KH3) represents the fighting styles to Keyblade wielders who had to train on their own like with Sora for KH1. In CoM, it's obvious about the different battle style because he had to use the card system to progress through the castle as he forgot about how to fight normally. By KH2, his memories were brought back by Namine and continued training himself like how he used to. In account for Roxas in Days, since he's Sora's nobody and was created during the events of KH1, Sora's abilities during then were practically carried over to him. In account for Coded (original), Data Sora was probably just programmed with only an attack command for use at all times. Don't know why, but, eh.

The Command Deck (used in BBS, Re:coded, and KH3D) on the other hand represents the fighting styles that Keyblade Masters use and wielders who are pupils under a master as seen with Terra, Ventus, and Aqua in BBS, and Sora and Riku in KH3D. For Re:coded, Data Sora was programmed from a Keyblade Master, Mickey in this case, and since he didn't travel with Sora during his adventures, Mickey probably thought he fought like a master, thus using the Command Deck.

For KH3, Sora returned to the Command Menu since in the end of KH3D, he went on a more personal journey and probably reverted back to the Command Menu as that's the fighting style he's used to and probably stuck with that for the rest of KH3.

I dunno. Just a thought. What do you guys think? Maybe add on to it or make up something better?

I am so firetrucking lost right now..Anyway, I think the KH3 trailer was just beta and not final so were sure to see the command deck soon

Probably. But I'm just sticking to what I'm seeing here right now, so.

That's actually an interesting thought.  Sora is powerful but compared to formally-trained keyblade wielders, his moveset isn't as refined.  Yeah he has his tricks, but the command deck abilities seem to require finesse.  For instance, Sora's fire magic is pretty basic.  He gets a few tricks in CoM, like Firaga Burst, but TAV incorporate things like Fire magic much better into their fighting styles.  For Sora, Fire amounts to "shoot fireball at enemy."  TAV can do that as well, but they can also surround their keyblades with flames, then slash at enemies or toss it at enemies.  Then there's Aqua's Fire Storm, and the fire-based shotlocks and command styles... and that's just for Fire magic.

The Command Menu (used in KH1, KH2, Days, and KH3) represents the fighting styles to Keyblade wielders who had to train on their own like with Sora for KH1. In CoM, it's obvious about the different battle style because he had to use the card system to progress through the castle as he forgot about how to fight normally. By KH2, his memories were brought back by Namine and continued training himself like how he used to. In account for Roxas in Days, since he's Sora's nobody and was created during the events of KH1, Sora's abilities during then were practically carried over to him. In account for Coded (original), Data Sora was probably just programmed with only an attack command for use at all times. Don't know why, but, eh.

The Command Deck (used in BBS, Re:coded, and KH3D) on the other hand represents the fighting styles that Keyblade Masters use and wielders who are pupils under a master as seen with Terra, Ventus, and Aqua in BBS, and Sora and Riku in KH3D. For Re:coded, Data Sora was programmed from a Keyblade Master, Mickey in this case, and since he didn't travel with Sora during his adventures, Mickey probably thought he fought like a master, thus using the Command Deck.

For KH3, Sora returned to the Command Menu since in the end of KH3D, he went on a more personal journey and probably reverted back to the Command Menu as that's the fighting style he's used to and probably stuck with that for the rest of KH3.

I dunno. Just a thought. What do you guys think? Maybe add on to it or make up something better?

I think your right and it makes sense too :O. i hope it stays with the command menu cuz like you said hes probably gone on a personal journey, so he went back to normal. but it would be pretty cool to see other characters in KH3 with their respective command style :D. Am i right ?

I am so firetrucking lost right now..Anyway, I think the KH3 trailer was just beta and not final so were sure to see the command deck soon

No it wont have the command deck, itll have the Battle menu from KH1 and KH2.

Nomura said the battle system in FF Vs XIII/XV was a prototype of the battle system in KH3. In XV it has a battle menu, not command deck. And besides, the numbered title games always have the battle menu. It won't have the command deck in this game, and im glad aobut that. BACK TO DRIVE FORMS AND INSANE COMBO'S! :D

This. It is only just under development.

This. Plus the team from the "spinoffs" , if you will, are working on KH3. Nomura even stated himself that the clip from E3 was more of a promotional image and didnt necessarily reflect ACTUAL gameplay.

I think KH3's battle system will be a combination of all the gameplay aspects we've seen so far. A menu system, but with access to abilities that act like commands, and of course, reaction commands. I think the party system might be a lot like KH2, but with aspects from the Dream Eaters thrown in, in terms of the ways they can be leveled up, and how you can drop members in and out in exchange for another.

I think KH3's battle system will be a combination of all the gameplay aspects we've seen so far. A menu system, but with access to abilities that act like commands, and of course, reaction commands. I think the party system might be a lot like KH2, but with aspects from the Dream Eaters thrown in, in terms of the ways they can be leveled up, and how you can drop members in and out in exchange for another.

THE ULTIMATE COMMAND DECK!!!!!!