•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo
Text

A Reason To Fight.

Text

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hello there everyone, how's it going?  Well then, here is a new story that I'm writing, and I hope that you all enjoy it!  The story was inspired and recommended to me by my Dearly Beloved girlfriend Inori! I hope that you all enjoy this new story, and I hope you follow it and comment on it!  Oh, and by the way, I may not be able to post that often since my internet will be disconnected soon. (My internet wasn't working these weeks so I was on my IPad, but for now I'll try to post as many chapters as I can.)  Enjoy the story everyone! :D

Prologue: One Goal

Muffled cheering can be heard from the locker rooms.  Cheers of fans waiting for their hero to emerge and face his next opponent.  He’s been the talk of the city for months now, claiming that he’s one of the most incredible underdogs in boxing.  He’s one of the only rookies in the sport who’s managed to keep an undefeated winning streak, and critics and sports professionals alike have been dazzled by his abilities.  And now, as the crowd pleads for him, he’s ready to face his next opponent.  And so, the young boxer makes his way to the ring, and as he walks down, the lights of the stadium blind him, but after he’s able to adjust his vision, he sees the legions of fans, screaming his name. He smirks and waves to the crowd and strikes a battle pose, and then he heads towards the ring, ready for a fight.

And so, with the match about to begin, commentators Nick Brandon and George Smith aim to excite the crowd before the big fight.  Nick looks at George reassuringly, and George starts off the hype: “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our exclusive live boxing match of Markus Dominic versus Lance Storm!”  This is a battle that everyone has been waiting for, a match some say, that’s once in a lifetime, isn’t that right Nick?”  Nick smiles and waves his arm excitedly at the crowd and says: “That’s right George, and who would have thought that the rookie Markus Dominic would rise above the ranks and face off against one of the industry giants?”  George nods in agreement and fixes his tie.  “How right you are Nick, it’s a surprising fact to us all.  He came out of nowhere just eight months ago, and just look at him now, with his legions of fans and his skills to back him up.  He’s unstoppable!”

They both nod in agreement, and the fans roar of excitement.  “Well, it seems that the crowd is hyped for this match, don’t you think so Nick?”  Nick nods and looks excited himself.  “That’s correct George! And now, ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the match!”  As they continue discussing the latest news in sports events, Markus looks eagerly at his opponent Lance, and Markus’ coach, Mr. Craig, looks at him with a concerned look on his face.  Markus then looks at Mr. Craig, and his smirk fades into a frown.  “Hey, why the long face?” he asks.  Mr. Craig sighs and says: “Look Markus, we both know how talented you are, but Lance is a tough customer, and trust me when I say that it’s bad for you to fight him!”  Markus rolls his eyes and says: “Stop being so overprotective, your worse than my parents. Look, I know the risks that came along with this, but I’m prepared for whatever happens.  You just worry about keeping me up to speed and stitching me up when I get down, okay?”  Mr. Craig nods reluctantly, and Markus’ smirk comes back to his face, and he turns around to face the crowd and wave at them and get them even more excited for the match.  Mr. Craig then thinks to himself: “That boy.  I fear that one day he’s going to get beat down hard, and he may not get back up.  Why is it that those in youth must be so reckless?”  He then goes to the side of the ring and looks onward to the fighters.

Markus heads over to Lance, and he nods at him and then the referee makes his way to the ring, and he starts going over the rules.  Markus just ignores him. “Yeah, yeah, we get it already.  You don’t have to constantly be mentioning the rules you know…”

Then, when the referee finishes, he rings the bell, and the match begins.  Lance looks at Markus with no show of concern or intimidation in his face.  “Well kid, you made good to get this far, but every rookie must have his first loss.”  Markus laughs and says: “Ha, you wish!”  And then the match begins, and Markus quickly performs a jab to Lance’s jaw, then followed by an uppercut and then he strikes his ribs.  Nick and George marvel at his abilities.  “Unbelievable!  He’s one fast fighter, I mean, the match just started and he’s already taking care of Lance!  Just incredible!  Can you believe this Nick?”  Nick follows up while cheering on for Markus.  “I know how you feel George!  It’s hard to believe that a rookie could have such skill!”  The crowd goes wild as Markus keeps dishing out punishing blows to Lance.  Markus concentrates fully on his opponent, and he immerses himself in the match, drawing out all noise and distraction and only focusing on his target.  And with just the right timing, Markus delivers a fatal jab to Lance’s jaw and he smirks, as he sees Lance’s body falling to the mat.

The crowd stands up in anticipation, and Nick and George are awe struck.  Then the referee starts the count.  Markus smirks and lays back on the ropes, relaxing as everyone is cheering his name.  “This is incredible George, just five minutes into the match and he already decimated Lance!”, Nick says in bewildered amazement.  When the referee reaches the count of ten, he declares that the match is over and that Markus is the winner.  Everyone roars of approval as the referee raises his arm.  Nick and George stand up and clap their hands, and they have quite the smiles on their faces.  “Wow Nick, that was quite the spectacular show!  That was truly amazing!”  Nick smiles and pats George’s shoulder and replies: “We only see these kinds of things every once in a lifetime.  This kid’s going to the hall of fame for sure!  He’s elevated his winning streak to 18-0!  Just incredible!”  Markus smirks and makes his way out of the ring and towards the locker room, along with Mr. Craig.

“What did I tell you Craig?  I told you I would own that chump.” Markus says with a smirk on his face.  Mr. Craig smiles and shakes his head. “Boy, you have some unnatural luck, you keep coming out of these matches like if they were nothing but rag dolls.” Markus laughs and says: “It’s not luck Craig, it’s skill, and besides, I learned it all from the best coach around.”  Mr. Craig smiles and nods in agreement and then he fetches his keys.  “Okay sunshine, I’m going to rev up the truck, so pack up and let’s go home.  Oh, and by the way, someone’s expecting you.” Mr. Craig says.  Markus raises an eyebrow, but before he can ask, he hears a familiar voice: “Oh come on now Markus, did you already forget me?”  And out of the hallway comes a beautiful woman with green eyes and curly hazel hair perfectly flowing to her shoulders, with quite the features and attractive face.  Markus smiles and says: “I’d never forget you, sweetheart.  Come here.”  They smile and kiss each other, just the kind of kiss you’d see in romantic movies.  The woman smiles and says: “You won again.”
----------------------------

A man’s goal becomes his obsession.  As he gains more fame, his values disappear.  Will he awaken before it’s too late?  Or will reality crumble before his very eyes?  Stay tuned for Chapter One: “The Next Step.”

#2 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hello there everyone, how's it going?  Well then, here is a new story that I'm writing, and I hope that you all enjoy it!  The story was inspired and recommended to me by my Dearly Beloved girlfriend Inori! I hope that you all enjoy this new story, and I hope you follow it and comment on it!  Oh, and by the way, I may not be able to post that often since my internet will be disconnected soon. (My internet wasn't working these weeks so I was on my IPad, but for now I'll try to post as many chapters as I can.)  Enjoy the story everyone! :D

Prologue: One Goal

Muffled cheering can be heard from the locker rooms.  Cheers of fans waiting for their hero to emerge and face his next opponent.  He’s been the talk of the city for months now, claiming that he’s one of the most incredible underdogs in boxing.  He’s one of the only rookies in the sport who’s managed to keep an undefeated winning streak, and critics and sports professionals alike have been dazzled by his abilities.  And now, as the crowd pleads for him, he’s ready to face his next opponent.  And so, the young boxer makes his way to the ring, and as he walks down, the lights of the stadium blind him, but after he’s able to adjust his vision, he sees the legions of fans, screaming his name. He smirks and waves to the crowd and strikes a battle pose, and then he heads towards the ring, ready for a fight.

And so, with the match about to begin, commentators Nick Brandon and George Smith aim to excite the crowd before the big fight.  Nick looks at George reassuringly, and George starts off the hype: “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our exclusive live boxing match of Markus Dominic versus Lance Storm!”  This is a battle that everyone has been waiting for, a match some say, that’s once in a lifetime, isn’t that right Nick?”  Nick smiles and waves his arm excitedly at the crowd and says: “That’s right George, and who would have thought that the rookie Markus Dominic would rise above the ranks and face off against one of the industry giants?”  George nods in agreement and fixes his tie.  “How right you are Nick, it’s a surprising fact to us all.  He came out of nowhere just eight months ago, and just look at him now, with his legions of fans and his skills to back him up.  He’s unstoppable!”

They both nod in agreement, and the fans roar of excitement.  “Well, it seems that the crowd is hyped for this match, don’t you think so Nick?”  Nick nods and looks excited himself.  “That’s correct George! And now, ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the match!”  As they continue discussing the latest news in sports events, Markus looks eagerly at his opponent Lance, and Markus’ coach, Mr. Craig, looks at him with a concerned look on his face.  Markus then looks at Mr. Craig, and his smirk fades into a frown.  “Hey, why the long face?” he asks.  Mr. Craig sighs and says: “Look Markus, we both know how talented you are, but Lance is a tough customer, and trust me when I say that it’s bad for you to fight him!”  Markus rolls his eyes and says: “Stop being so overprotective, your worse than my parents. Look, I know the risks that came along with this, but I’m prepared for whatever happens.  You just worry about keeping me up to speed and stitching me up when I get down, okay?”  Mr. Craig nods reluctantly, and Markus’ smirk comes back to his face, and he turns around to face the crowd and wave at them and get them even more excited for the match.  Mr. Craig then thinks to himself: “That boy.  I fear that one day he’s going to get beat down hard, and he may not get back up.  Why is it that those in youth must be so reckless?”  He then goes to the side of the ring and looks onward to the fighters.

Markus heads over to Lance, and he nods at him and then the referee makes his way to the ring, and he starts going over the rules.  Markus just ignores him. “Yeah, yeah, we get it already.  You don’t have to constantly be mentioning the rules you know…”

Then, when the referee finishes, he rings the bell, and the match begins.  Lance looks at Markus with no show of concern or intimidation in his face.  “Well kid, you made good to get this far, but every rookie must have his first loss.”  Markus laughs and says: “Ha, you wish!”  And then the match begins, and Markus quickly performs a jab to Lance’s jaw, then followed by an uppercut and then he strikes his ribs.  Nick and George marvel at his abilities.  “Unbelievable!  He’s one fast fighter, I mean, the match just started and he’s already taking care of Lance!  Just incredible!  Can you believe this Nick?”  Nick follows up while cheering on for Markus.  “I know how you feel George!  It’s hard to believe that a rookie could have such skill!”  The crowd goes wild as Markus keeps dishing out punishing blows to Lance.  Markus concentrates fully on his opponent, and he immerses himself in the match, drawing out all noise and distraction and only focusing on his target.  And with just the right timing, Markus delivers a fatal jab to Lance’s jaw and he smirks, as he sees Lance’s body falling to the mat.

The crowd stands up in anticipation, and Nick and George are awe struck.  Then the referee starts the count.  Markus smirks and lays back on the ropes, relaxing as everyone is cheering his name.  “This is incredible George, just five minutes into the match and he already decimated Lance!”, Nick says in bewildered amazement.  When the referee reaches the count of ten, he declares that the match is over and that Markus is the winner.  Everyone roars of approval as the referee raises his arm.  Nick and George stand up and clap their hands, and they have quite the smiles on their faces.  “Wow Nick, that was quite the spectacular show!  That was truly amazing!”  Nick smiles and pats George’s shoulder and replies: “We only see these kinds of things every once in a lifetime.  This kid’s going to the hall of fame for sure!  He’s elevated his winning streak to 18-0!  Just incredible!”  Markus smirks and makes his way out of the ring and towards the locker room, along with Mr. Craig.

“What did I tell you Craig?  I told you I would own that chump.” Markus says with a smirk on his face.  Mr. Craig smiles and shakes his head. “Boy, you have some unnatural luck, you keep coming out of these matches like if they were nothing but rag dolls.” Markus laughs and says: “It’s not luck Craig, it’s skill, and besides, I learned it all from the best coach around.”  Mr. Craig smiles and nods in agreement and then he fetches his keys.  “Okay sunshine, I’m going to rev up the truck, so pack up and let’s go home.  Oh, and by the way, someone’s expecting you.” Mr. Craig says.  Markus raises an eyebrow, but before he can ask, he hears a familiar voice: “Oh come on now Markus, did you already forget me?”  And out of the hallway comes a beautiful woman with green eyes and curly hazel hair perfectly flowing to her shoulders, with quite the features and attractive face.  Markus smiles and says: “I’d never forget you, sweetheart.  Come here.”  They smile and kiss each other, just the kind of kiss you’d see in romantic movies.  The woman smiles and says: “You won again.”

A man’s goal becomes his obsession.  As he gains more fame, his values disappear.  Will he awaken before it’s too late?  Or will reality crumble before his very eyes?  Stay tuned for Chapter One: “The Next Step.”

Nice! I have a family friend named Craig and we call him Mr. Sunshine, I thought it was cool to see those two things in the story :O

The intro was nicely written too! I look forward to reading chapter one :D

#3 Kirie

Kirie
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

the chapter is intense keep going love <3

#4 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Nice! I have a family friend named Craig and we call him Mr. Sunshine, I thought it was cool to see those two things in the story :O

The intro was nicely written too! I look forward to reading chapter one :D

the chapter is intense keep going love <3

Thank you both for the replies, they mean a lot to me!  Okay, so here's the first chapter!  I hope you find it to your liking! :3

Chapter One: The Next Step

After the celebrations and praises are done, Markus heads to Mr. Craig’s truck, along with the beautiful woman he had seen in the hallway.  Mr. Craig looks back at them and smiles and then he says: “Well, it’s time for us to head home.  Anything you want, Markus?”  Markus yawns and then he puts his arm around the woman and then he lays back and puts his legs up on a nearby stool inside and he leans his head back.  “Hmm, well, I’ll be wanting some pizza, and some beer.” Markus says as he kisses the woman’s ear and she giggles.  Mr. Craig nods and then he looks at the woman in a curious way, as if he’s trying to remember something important.  “Uh, and what will it be for Miss…” He pauses for a moment since he doesn’t know her, and noticing this, the woman says: “I’m Keera, and it’s okay, I’m not hungry or thirsty, thank you very much.”  Mr. Craig nods and then he heads to the steering wheel and starts the truck, and they head towards the main road.

(Start Song Here)
    Keera looks at Markus silently, and she thinks of how he’s pushing himself too much with all these matches.  She’s concerned about him, after all, she loves him very much.  She knows that he loves her as well, but he can be stubborn when it comes to listening to other people.  She then places her hand on Markus’ leg, and she tries to sound as gentle and subtle as possible.  “Sweetie, look, I’m so proud of you for winning your match, but don’t you think it’s time you took a rest?  At least just for a few months?” Markus looks at her and he laughs at first, but then when he sees that she’s serious, he gets serious as well.  He looks down and tries not to raise his voice, because he really doesn’t like raising his voice at Keera.  “Keera, you have to understand…I’m setting my sights high.  You know how much I want the heavyweight championship.  I’ve put a lot of work into this, and I don’t want to back down.  I can’t back down now.  Not until I have my hands on the championship.”

He tries to change the topic, but ever since he’s known Keera, he knows that it’s almost impossible for that to happen.  He finds himself uncomfortable, and knowing how arguments like these usually go, he simply stays silent.  Enraged, Keera stands up and she grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him, and she makes him look into her eyes.  “Markus, your letting all of this get to your head!  You need to stop before your greed and overconfidence consume you!  Don’t you see how worried Mr. Craig and I are about you?!  Every time I give you advice, you just throw it off like if it’s nothing but crap!”

Markus has no choice but to stay silent.  As much as he hates it when she talks to him about this topic, he can never bring himself to harm her.  No, for he thinks that if he does that, he’ll have committed a deadly sin, and the last thing he wants to do is hurt her.  He loves her, and all he wants to do is to see her happy.  He knows that he’s stubborn, and he knows that she and Mr. Craig are right and that all they’re trying to do is to help him, but a part of him strives for the championship.  He thinks of nothing else but that singular goal.  He stands up and faces Keera eye to eye.  “Keera, I know how you feel about this, but I’m going to need your support.  You know that I can’t do this without you and Craig.  You’re the only people I have left.”  She then frowns and says, almost in a whisper: “Don’t you get it Markus…?  If you keep going on like this, you won’t have anyone left…”

As she sees Markus silent, she nods in disapproval and she heads toward Mr. Craig and tells him to stop.  “Thanks for the ride, Mr. Craig, but I can walk the rest of the way.”  Mr. Craig looks at her with a sad expression and says: “All right, you be safe now young lady.  And don’t mind Markus, you know how he is.  I know that you’re just trying to steer him in the right direction, believe me, I’m trying to do that too, but don’t worry.  I know that even though he’s silent most of the time, he always listens.”  With that, Keera smiles and nods in appreciation and she kisses Markus’ forehead and she leaves without saying another word, and Markus simply stares at the floor, with nothing to say in return.
(End Song Here) 

The door closes and Mr. Craig keeps on driving and Markus heads to the front with him and he leans back on his seat and he sighs. “What am I going to do Craig?”  The old man simply smiles and pats his shoulder and he keeps on driving.  After a few seconds, a soft drizzle of rain gently falls, and Mr. Craig activates the wipers and he keeps his eyes on the road.  “Look boy, you know how much she cares for you, so she talks at you strict for good reason.  You need to rest.  I know that you’ve got exceptional skills, but if you keep pushing yourself too hard, you’ll end up falling down hard.”  Markus simply looks out the window, listening to Mr. Craig’s words, but disagreeing at the same time.  Before they say anything else, they arrive to Pizza Hut and they go to the drive through an order a large pepperoni pizza.

After a few minutes, they get their pizza and then Mr. Craig drives down to a nearby gas station and gets a few beers and after a few minutes, they finally arrive to their home.  Mr. Craig turns off the truck and he lays back and relaxes, and then he takes a slice of pizza and starts eating.  Markus smiles, giving him a beer, but Mr. Craig politely refuses.  “It’s all right kiddo, I’ve never really been fond of alcohol, but you help yourself if you want to.”  Markus rolls his eyes and he says: “You know old man, I’ll never understand why you don’t drink beer.  Most old men do.”  Mr. Craig then points his finger reassuringly at Markus and he replies: “Ha, but I’m not just any old man, now am I?”  They both burst out in laughter and continue to eat their pizza slices, and as the hours pass, Mr. Craig slowly falls asleep, and Markus smiles and says: “Hey, time to hit the hay old man.  Get your rest.”  Mr. Craig yawns and pats Markus’ shoulder and heads inside the house and turns on the kitchen light.  “Be sure you close the door when you come in kiddo.  Good night.”  And with that, he goes towards his room.

Markus, on the other hand, goes outside the truck, and as he opens another beer, he then thinks it over and throws it to the trash can.  “What am I doing with my life?” he says, gazing upon the beautiful starlit sky.  He then smiles and closes his eyes, and his thoughts shift back towards a time where he and his father would look at the stars.  “Markus, the most important thing you have to remember, is that you always keep the things you love close to your heart.  Never let anything or anyone else corrupt you, because when all’s said and done, the bonds we have with the people we’ve met define who we are.”  Young Markus looks at his father puzzled and he looks up at the sky, eagerly waving aimlessly at the stars.  “You know dad, you say some weird stuff sometimes.  I don’t understand what you mean.”  His father laughs and puts his arm around him and he softly says: “You’ll understand someday son.  You’ll understand.”

Markus opens his eyes, and then he finds himself back in the present, and he looks down at his battle weary hands, and he thinks to himself: “If only you’d see me now dad…you’d give me a lecture or two.”  He smiles and locks the door of the truck and heads inside the house and he locks the door and then heads toward the shower.  After a few minutes, he heads to his bedroom, decorated with posters of his favorite video game characters like Ezio from Assassin’s Creed and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.  His room is filled to the brim with comic books and video games and a few other posters, including posters some might consider inappropriate.  He turns on the air conditioner and then he lays down, comfortably nestling his head on his pillow.  His thoughts then shift towards Keera, and how he was so rude that he didn’t even get to say good night.  He thinks of calling her, but then he dismisses the thought, and he simply puts his arms behind his head and he stares at the ceiling.

“I need to have the heavyweight championship.  My career has been centered on nothing more and nothing less than that.  I have to win that championship and cement my place as a legend in boxing.  I know I’ll be able to do it, I just know that I can.  I’ll prove them all wrong.  I’ll prove to them that I can keep on going, and that I’ll never be defeated.”  He then looks at his watch and he notices that it’s already 12:00am.  He yawns and he says: “I’ll be known as the best boxer of all time.  I’ll be a legend, they’ll see.”

Meanwhile, in a dimly lit street, a few men can be seen, as if they were plotting something.  One of them says: “That bastard Markus won again. We’re losing loads of money!”  Another man complains: “I always bet for one of the other fighters to take him out, but he always comes out winning!”  Then a soft chuckle can be heard, and from the shadows comes a neatly dressed man with a staff walking towards them and then he pats one of the men’s shoulders.  “Don’t worry.  As with everything, there is always a first time.  He’ll no doubt lose, and in the case he keeps on winning, we’ll be sure to end his career…permanently.”  The other men laugh and then they head to their respective cars and they take their leave.  The neatly dressed man looks rather pleased, and he thinks to himself: “Markus Dominic.  Like everything that goes up, you will come down.”
----------------------------------

Preparing for a match that will define his career, sinister men plot in the shadows.  What starts as a simple dream for an aspiring young man turns into a deadly game that could end in dire consequences.  Next time, Chapter Two: “The Day Before The Match”.

#5 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Once again very nice!
Is there a video though where is says start song? I'm on my iphone and videos/picture don't show up.

#6 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Once again very nice!
Is there a video though where is says start song? I'm on my iphone and videos/picture don't show up.

Yes, there is a song.  I know what you mean, because I can't see vids on my IPad either. And thanks for the comment! ^_^

#7 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yes, there is a song.  I know what you mean, because I can't see vids on my IPad either. And thanks for the comment! ^_^

I will get on my computer later today and watch it :)

#8 Kirie

Kirie
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

awwwww yeah cant wait for the match chapter!!!

#9 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

awwwww yeah cant wait for the match chapter!!!

Aww babe, you make me smile every time I see your comments! :3  Okay, so here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Chapter Two: The Day Before The Match

The alarm clock suddenly blares out, and Markus opens his eyes and turns it off immediately.  He yawns and slowly sits on his bed, looking towards the window, covered by the curtains.  He can see little rays of sunlight piercing their way through the curtains, and he thinks to himself: “Today is a new day.”  With that, he heads down to prepare some breakfast, but to his surprise, he finds Keera in the kitchen with breakfast already served.  He approaches the dining table and he sees a delicious looking stack of pancakes filled to the brim with syrup and blueberries to the side.  He smiles and looks at Keera, but Keera ignores him, and then he goes towards her.  “Look, I’m sorry for last night, all right?” he says as he kisses her neck gently.  She smiles and faces him and she nods.  “I can’t stay mad at you forever.  I love it when you apologize.  It makes you look so sweet and tender.”  Markus chuckles and he sits down and eats his breakfast cheerfully.

Keera looks at him as he keeps on eating, and then she cleans the counter and the stove and she looks out the window, with an expression half of hope and half of nervousness.  She then turns around and purses her lips and then she sits next to Markus and she tugs at his arm, and when he looks at her, she sees that she’s crying softly.  He immediately puts his hands on her face and he looks at her with a worried expression.  “Hey, what’s wrong, why are you crying?  Did something happen?”  She nods in disapproval and she looks away for a few moments, and then she meets Markus’ gaze, and she takes in a deep breath.  “Markus…are you sure that you need to do this?  Can’t you rest for a while and then go for the championship?”  Markus sighs and he finishes eating his breakfast and he heads over to the dishwasher and he cleans his plate and he turns to face Keera.  “My mind’s already made up babe, and that’s that.”  She sighs and stands up then heads for the door and says: “Okay, I respect your decision.  Just…please be careful.”  Markus smiles and kisses her tenderly and he says: “Always honey.  Now go to work, I’ll see you tonight.”

After she leaves, Markus heads down to the basement of his house, and then he sees Mr. Craig talking on the phone.  Something Markus learned early on in life was to never eavesdrop on a conversation, so he went to the gym he built in the basement and he started practicing his techniques on a punching bag.  After a few minutes, Mr. Craig heads over to Markus and he sits down on a nearby stool.  “Okay Markus, so here’s the thing.  I got a call from the manager and he said that he’s got the championship match ready for you.”  Markus’ eyes light up and he heads over to Mr. Craig and he hugs him and then punches his arm gently.  “Hell yeah Craig, that’s my coach!” he says with excitement.  Mr. Craig then looks at Markus and says: “Whoa, hold your horses there boy.  The match is set for May 31st, and we’re still on February, so before that match you have three more, so you have to be in top shape for when you face the champion.”  Markus smirks and waves his arm dismissively at Mr. Craig and he says: “Ha, please.  Who do you think you’re talking to, old man?  I always have techniques up my sleeve, and you know I’m always a step ahead of my opponent.”  Mr. Craig can’t help but smile. Even though Markus is reckless and headfast, he admires the strength and determination that Markus has shown over the months with his skills.

With nothing else to say, Mr. Craig simply nods and smiles and puts his hand on Markus’ shoulder.  “Just make sure to prepare for your match tomorrow.  Your going up against Simon Brookfield, he’s quite the agile fighter.”  Markus analyzes what Mr. Craig just told him, and then he smiles reassuringly at him and keeps on practicing on his punching bag.  Knowing that Markus is now in full focus, Mr. Craig leaves him be and heads towards the front porch of the house.

Just as he’s about to sit down on his chair in the porch, Mr. Craig notices something strange and goes inside quickly and peeks through the window.  He can see about three men across the street, and a black limousine behind them, and they have their eyes directly on this house. Thankfully they didn’t notice him. Mr. Craig pays extra special attention, and he manages to overhear their conversation.  He can hear what they are saying loud and clear.

“Are you sure this is the house?” one of the men says.  The other two nod reassuringly, and one of them dials their phone and confirms to their boss of the house.  “What could they possibly be looking for?” Mr. Craig thinks to himself, but then his eyes open wide and his thoughts focus on one particular individual: Markus Dominic.  Of course!  Why hadn’t he thought of this before?  With Markus’ tremendous success, it was more than obvious that shifty people like these would take notice of him.  Not knowing what to do, he clenches his fists and curse under his breath, and then he hears one of the men say: “We’ll get him the week before the championship match…”  With that, Mr. Craig opens his eyes wide, and when he peeks over to the street again, the men are gone.  “Damn, I knew that trouble would fall on the poor boy if he kept going like this…how am I going to break it to him?”  Restless, he draws in a deep breath and then he quickly makes his way down to the basement.

(Start Song Here.)
    When he goes down, he sees Markus drinking a bottle of water, and as soon as Markus makes eye contact with him, he immediately notices Mr. Craig’s concerned expression.  He quickly goes towards him and looks at him dead in the eye.  “What’s wrong old man?  You look like you’ve just seen a ghost!”  Mr. Craig breathes in and out slowly and then he explains the whole situation and about how the mysterious men he saw are planning to do something terrible to Markus.  When he finishes his explanation, Markus simply scoffs and lets himself a slight chuckle.  Mr. Craig looks at him in disbelief and he shouts: “These men are probably out to kill you and you act like if it’s some damn joke, boy!?”  Markus simply pats Mr. Craig’s shoulder and smirks.  “Ah, let them come.  They won’t do anything, you’ll see.  They’d be stupid to finish me off, I’m the talk of the town!”

“But that’s just it Markus!  They know who you are, and they know that you haven’t lost a single match, and those are the people who always bet against you!  Since they always lose, they get pissed, and since they are pissed, they are now after you!” Mr. Craig shouts out.  Markus simply shrugs and says: “Well, it’s not my fault I’m so skilled in the ways of boxing.  Those punks won’t get near us, trust me.  And besides, if they kill me, this’ll get in the news and they’ll be the ones who’ll be hunted down and they’ll end up in jail.  End of story.”  Mr. Craig nods disapprovingly and hesitates.  “It’s not as simple as that! These people have connections to various rich people, or worse, criminal organizations!”

“Oh come on, relax, would you? Nothing is going to happen, end of story!”  Markus says as he rolls his eyes.  Seeing as how there’s no way he can get to him, Mr. Craig simply sighs and says: “You know something Markus? You’ve been changing drastically lately.  Your letting go of your values, of the qualities that made you into a good man.  Your throwing it all away for greed, pride, and money.  In the end you’ll get nothing but regret and misery!”

With those words, Markus snaps and he screams out: “Just who do you think you are old man!?  I make it to the big leagues and you get so worked up over something that doesn’t even matter!?”  Mr. Craig raises his voice in defiance.  “Something that doesn’t matter!?  This is your life we’re talking about, it matters more than any championship you could ever hope to have in a lifetime!  Why won’t you listen to reason!?”  Markus turns his back on Mr. Craig and he punches the wall. “Your not my father old man, so don’t tell me what to do…”

Mr. Craig then calms down and he sighs and his tone turns from defiant to miserable.  “Markus, your going down a path that no one should ever tread.  I don’t want to see you get hurt.  Don’t you see?  Don’t you see that the reason I worry so much about you is because your like a son to me?  I never had a child of my own, so I think of you as my son, and I don’t want to see you go down a path of misery and pain.  And if it’s bad that I’m being affected by this, imagine how Keera must feel!  Keera loves you Markus, but every time you obsess over boxing, I begin to think you don’t even care about her feelings!  Markus, your doing the worst damage to yourself.  You may not realize it now, but when Keera and I aren’t around anymore, you’ll feel the pain and misery of your reckless actions.”

Markus stays silent, and then he passes by Mr. Craig without saying another word and he heads to take a shower.  His mind swirls with the thoughts of how Mr. Craig spoke to him.  He feels infuriated, but at the same time he can’t help but feel guilty for having brushed him off like that.  For Markus has also considered Mr. Craig like a father figure ever since the passing of his own father when he was but a child.  But now, none of that matters.  All that matters is the championship.  That one chance to make his mark in history.  That one chance to obtain all the glory.  That chance to make himself a legend.  After he takes a shower, he eats dinner and then heads to his room and stays there for the rest of the day until he eventually falls asleep.  “Tomorrow’s my next match.” are his last words before falling asleep.
(End Song Here.)
-------------------------------------------------

Plunging deeper into greed and obsession, will the young man head his coach’s advice, or will he continue to think only of himself, and not of the people who have concern for him?  Does all that matter to him is the call of battle?  Stay tuned for Chapter Three: “Battling The Speed Demon.”

#10 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Okay, here's the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy! :D

Chapter Three: Battling The Speed Demon

Grass.  All Markus can see is a wide plain of grass, and towards the horizon, there’s a beautiful sunset.  He’s running towards someone in the distance, hoping to catch up before the sun sets.  He can feel his breath running out, and when he raises his head up, he sees the person head towards him.  Tired, he kneels on the ground, surrounded by grass, and then he feels the person’s hand on his shoulder, and then when he looks up, he sees his father, smiling down upon him: “It’s all right son, I’m here.”

“Dad?” Markus says weakly, and before he can say anything else, he opens his eyes and wakes up.  He sits up on the bed silently, and notices that it’s 10:30am.  “It was just a dream…” he thought to himself.  But he didn’t decide to ponder on his dream, and instead he headed straight down to eat breakfast and then towards the basement to get into training for tonight’s big match.  As he practices, thoughts of his dream flow into his head again, but he ignores the thoughts and continues on practicing his techniques, when all of a sudden, Keera comes in.

The minute he sees her, he stops practicing and looks at her and gives her a brief smile, and she smiles back and she leans her back on the wall and looks at him, as if she was examining something.  “So, you ready for tonight’s match?”  Markus nods in approval and he walks to her and leans on the wall by her side and he looks up at the ceiling.  “As ready as I’ll ever be.  I’m telling you Keera, with every match I fight, the championship gets closer and closer into my hands.  It’s a heck of a battle, but I’m willing to fight it.”

Keera smiles and lays her shoulders around Markus’ neck and she kisses him tenderly and she touches his face and hugs him.  “You know, this is like when we were kids.  You would always brag that you would be the best in the world, and so many years later, and look at you now.  Your realizing your dream.”  Markus smiles and looks into her eyes and he says: “Yeah.  But it hasn’t been easy.  But thanks to Craig, I always manage to be on top.  And thanks to your love, I’m always able to stay focused.”  She smiles and then sits down a nearby stool, and Markus starts punching the punching bag a few times to impress her, and she smiles and eagerly watches, and they stay there, in that simple moment, for hours and hours.

A few hours later, Keera prepares dinner for Markus and he eats it with pure delight, and they watch TV for a while, and then Mr. Craig comes through the door and he says hello to Keera and then he twirls his keys on his fingers.  “Well boy, it’s time to go.  The match starts in forty minutes, so get your ass on the truck and let’s get this show on the road.”  Markus smiles and pats Mr. Craig’s shoulder and says: “Always on the move old man.  That’s the way it is.”  Keera follows Markus and they all make their way to Mr. Craig’s truck, and they head towards the Sports Center Coliseum in town.  Markus feels excited, and while Keera worries for him, she can’t help but admire the energy and determination that Markus puts into this sport.  That’s one of the things she’s always loved about him: his determination.  But her only wish is that he could sometimes focus on other things besides boxing.  He’s a good man, she knows this, but boxing is too much of an obsession, one she fears that may be out of his control sooner or later.  But all she can do now is show him her love and support.

After a few minutes, they arrive to the Coliseum and the crowds waiting to greet Markus roar with excitement, and Markus waves at the crowd eagerly and signs autographs and takes photos with some of the fans.  The bodyguards soon loom in so that they can keep the more wilder fans at bay, and the press waits for him at the door, and news reporter Brenda Sterling asks a quick question: “Mr. Dominic, right now your going into battle with what many sports professionals call “The Speed Demon” Simon Brookfield.  What are your thoughts of your opponent tonight?”  Markus smiles and takes the mic: “Well Brenda, like all my opponents, he’ll get knocked out in no time flat.  Every demon meets his angel.”  And with that, he storms into the Coliseum and goes to his locker room and puts on his fighting gear.

Mr. Craig goes towards the ring to fix up everything while Keera stands near one of the lockers and looks at him.  “Hey honey.  Please be careful.”  Markus smiles and grabs her by the waist and pulls her into a deep and passionate kiss and he says: “Always babe.”  With that, he heads out towards the ring, and Brenda goes towards a nearby chair where the fans are so she can watch the match.  The crowd roars with excitement as Markus rolls in, and Nick and George prepare themselves to excite the crowd even more.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another exciting live boxing event, with George Smith, and yours truly, Nick Brandon, here to witness this exhilarating match!”  Nick says in excitement, and George follows suit and says: “An exhilarating match indeed Nick, because we have “The Speed Demon” Simon Brookfield up against our underdog hero, Markus Dominic!  I have to tell you Nick, after Markus’ match with Lance, let’s see how he can top this off by fighting Simon Brookfield!” 

(Start Song Here.)
   Markus smirks and Simon Brookfield enters the ring, and the referee goes through the rules again, and after the bell rings, Markus begins his assault in earnest, but he finds himself surprised as Simon blocks every single one of his attacks.  “Whoa, incredible!  Did you see that George!?  Simon blocked every single strike that Markus made at him!” George shouts out and says: “Wow Nick, I have to say that this might be a close quarter match, let’s see how Markus handles the situation!”  Markus then thinks to himself of how he can break through Simon’s defenses, and then he finds himself blocking for his life as Simon throws jabs and fast punches at blazing fast speed.  Markus tries to counterattack, but Simon quickly puts up his defense and doesn’t allow for any attack to reach him.  Markus then smirks and says to himself: “Huh, what do you know?  An opponent that can actually last a bit more than the others…how cute.”

George smiles and points over to Markus and he says: “Oh ho ho, I can tell you now Nick, Markus has something in the works, just look at the way he’s smirking!”  Nick looks closely at Markus and then he says: “Your right George, it looks like Markus might have a few more tricks up his sleeve.  Let’s see what he has in store for us!”  Markus then manages to dodge one of Simon’s attacks and he finds an opening, but just as he’s about to strike, Simon blocks and hits him right in the jaw.  The crowd gasps as they see Markus almost fall to the mat, but Markus quickly regains his footing and he keeps on his defensive tactics, patiently waiting.  Like a predator patiently examining his prey.  His smirk grows wider and he keeps on defending.

Simon notices Markus’ constant smirks and he asks: “What are you smiling about, pretty boy?”  Markus laughs and says: “Oh, you’ll see you overgrown Sasquatch!”  Simon then growls and says: “You take that back you asshole!”  And with that, Simon’s attacks grow ever more faster, and Markus then thinks to himself: “Bingo.”  Nick and George look excitedly over the match, and George says: “Oh, I get it now!  He’s letting Simon go all out on him so that he can tucker him out!”  Nick then nods in agreement and says: “Ah I see.  Considering he is the Speed Demon, Markus is taking that to his advantage and making Simon use up all his speed so he can deliver the finishing blow!  Pure genius!”  The crowd starts roaring Markus’ name over and over, and only 3 more minutes remain for the first round to end, and Mr. Craig and Keera look anxious and excited for the outcome of this battle.

“How do you like that pretty boy!?  How do you like my blazing speed!?” Simon says mockingly, but Markus simply maintains calm and continues to block his attacks, and he moves around the ring, forcing Simon to move a little more while delivering his fast strikes.  Another minute passes, and Markus can hear Simon’s heavy breathing and his strikes start to lose momentum and speed, and that’s when Markus finds his opening, and he quickly strikes an uppercut right into Simon’s jaw, causing him to reel upwards and crash into the mat.

Everyone roars with excitement and the referee starts the count, and the fans count along.  Markus simply folds his arms and lays himself near the ropes, relaxing and basking in the cheers and roars of the audience.  “Take a look at that Nick, he did it!  He knocked down Simon with just one strike!” says George, and Nick follows up with bewildering excitement: “It’s incredible George, Markus is on fire!  He never ever enters a second round, he’s so skilled, that all his matches end in the first round!  Just incredible!”  The referee finishes the count and declares Markus the winner and raises his arm in victory, and then Nick and George nod and they smile and applause with much delight. “Well George, Markus’ streak has now reached 19-0, and one thing’s for sure.  The Heavyweight Champion will have a run for his money when he fights against Markus.  Now that will be something to watch!”  George smiles and says: “Agreed Nick.  Markus is unstoppable!  He’ll take out the champion in no time!”
(End Song Here.)

Markus smiles and Keera heads over to the ring to hug and kiss him, and he kisses and hugs her back, and Mr. Craig pats Markus’ back and nods in approval.  Markus smiles and looks towards the ceiling and he says to himself: “I’ve won again.  Nothing will stand in my way of getting the championship!”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unstoppable force that gains momentum with every match, two people that give him his so support, and legions of fans that admire him, all give him the strength he needs.  As he draws closer to obtaining the Heavyweight Championship, what will happen in the meantime?  What awaits the underdog of boxing?  Prepare yourselves for Chapter Four: “Dangerously Close.”

Edited by Sesshomaru, 22 July 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#11 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Oh thanks for putting the link to the YouTube song! I don't really like the genre but I find it very suiting to your story. Got me rooting for
Markus lol xD

#12 Kirie

Kirie
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

I really admire this chapter how smart Markus handle the tough dude! lol I hope the next chapters gets more excited than this! :D

#13 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oh thanks for putting the link to the YouTube song! I don't really like the genre but I find it very suiting to your story. Got me rooting for
Markus lol xD

LOL, yeah, it's not my favorite genre either, but as you said, it fits with the match. xD

I really admire this chapter how smart Markus handle the tough dude! lol I hope the next chapters gets more excited than this! :D

Thank you honey!  I'm sure the next chapter will be very much to your liking! :D

Okay, so here is the next chapter!  Enjoy! :D

Chapter Four: Dangerously Close

As the crowd makes their way out of the coliseum, Mr. Craig, Markus and Keera head over to the truck and Mr. Craig smiles and raises his fist up high in triumph.  “You’ve done it again kid.  I’m truly impressed by how far you’ve made it.  You really are something else, you know that?”  Markus smirks and he pats Mr. Craig’s shoulder in a prideful gesture and he laughs. “See, old man?  I told you that it would be a piece of cake.”  They smile and Keera can’t help but smile as well, and she crosses her arms and looks at Markus with what he would describe as an adorable pouty face.  He smiles and heads over to her and lays his arms around her waist and they kiss tenderly, and she smiles and kisses him back.

After waiting for the parking lot to clear up, Mr. Craig gets on the truck and turns it on and Markus and Keera head inside and Markus comfortably leans on the wall of the truck as he looks at Keera with a suggestive looking face.  Keera laughs and says: “Not tonight bucko.  You’ve been a bad boy, so you won’t get a piece of this for at least a whole week.”  She smiles at him and Markus rolls his eyes and caresses her arms and smiles. “You’re always such a tease, aren’t you babe?”  She smirks and says: “The best there is.”

Suddenly they hear Mr. Craig cursing under his breath, and Markus and Keera head over to the front to see what’s the matter, when they see the enormous traffic ahead of them.  “Great, just what we needed.  Traffic, and it’s about to rain too!  Damn the luck!” Mr. Craig says out loud.  Markus laughs and says: “Oh, don’t sweat it old man.  Don’t worry, I’ll give you money for some gasoline.”  Mr. Craig then nods. “I’ll hold you to that boy!”  They smile and then Markus and Keera head to the back of the truck again and then he falls deep in thought.  Wondering what thoughts are crossing his mind, Keera decides to ask him.  But before she can even ask, Markus looks up at her and smiles.  “Hey honey, I was thinking.  How about we go to a nice place, like a hotel, or maybe a nice cabin for the weekend, just the two of us?” he says while smiling.

Keera gasps in shock and then her shock turns into excitement.  “You really mean it!?”  He nods in confirmation, and she answers yes faster than she would have wanted to admit.  She thinks it quite surprising that Markus would ask something like this, since all his attention these months has mostly been on boxing.  She finds it surprising but at the same time she has a sense of relief in her, as she realizes that not everything that’s on his mind is about boxing.  They hold hands and they kiss each other lovingly, and then they cuddle up in each other’s arms while the traffic continues on for a few considerable amount of minutes.  Meanwhile, Mr. Craig keeps his eyes on the road, the traffic still heavy, and his thoughts drift off towards what the future might hold.  He’s still afraid about those strange men he saw the other day who were searching for their house, and he can’t help but get the feeling that something bad is going to happen sooner or later.  Knowing this, he already has every precaution in mind should a risky situation arise.  He knows that Markus can hold his own, but he’s more concerned for Keera.  Although she may be headstrong and strong willed, any unexpected accident or something of the like could bring dire consequences.

After his thoughts shift back to reality, he notices that the traffic is almost all but vanished, and then he sighs of relief and says: “Finally!  And I still have the gas tank almost completely filled.”  He then continues to drive along the road, anxious to get home, because he still can’t shake off the feeling that something is going to happen to them.  He looks back for a few instants at Markus and Keera, who are asleep and in each other’s arms.  He smiles and says to himself: “Ha, sleeping like babies.  Kids.”  He then goes back to the steering wheel and keeps on driving, and he turns on the radio and he smiles at the song he listens to.  “Ah, Detroit, Rock City from Kiss.  Now this is a classic.”  He hums along to the song cheerfully as he drives.

But just as he’s enjoying himself, a sudden loud thud can be heard from the back of the truck, and Mr. Craig pushes on the brakes on instant as fast as he can, and then he puts the truck on park and he heads back towards Markus and Keera, who were caught unaware by the sudden crash.  Mr. Craig angrily opens the back door of the truck’s trailer and he exclaims: “Hey, what’s the big idea!?”  Then he sees the same men that had looked at his house before, and then he curses under his breath.  He knew something bad would happen, and now this.  One of the men, unusually dressed in a tuxedo, hold a pipe in his right hand and an electric baton in the other.  “Stand aside old man, we’re here for Markus.”  Mr. Craig steps up defiantly. “If you want to go to him, your gonna have to get through me!” The others laugh and then the man strikes Mr. Craig, but Mr. Craig smirks and kicks the man right in the ribs and delivers a few fast jabs to his chest.  “Never underestimate me laddie.  I may be old, but I still got some swing left!”

(Start Song Here.)
   The others growl angrily and they surround Mr. Craig and then suddenly he hears the radio get louder, and he notices that Markus comes out, ready for a fight. “Detroit, Rock City Mr. Craig!  That’s our song!”  Mr. Craig smirks and they both stand back to back, ready to take on their attackers, and Keera even grabs a pipe from inside the truck and she stands with them.  Mr. Craig prepares to tell Keera to head inside, but she nods in denial, insisting that she’s ready for a fight.  The men surround them, and they all go and strike at once, but Mr. Craig dodges and delivers to low blows to the men and then performs a jab and hits another of the men right in the jaw, sending him falling down.  Markus uses his trademark abilities and decimates most of the assailants, and Keera doesn’t fall behind, as she bashes a few of the men’s faces with the steel pipe.

“Well this is fun!” Keera says excitedly, and Markus smiles and he heads over to another of the assailants and punches him right in the chest, sending him crashing to the ground.  Mr. Craig smiles and says: “You know boy, I hadn’t had a street brawl like this in quite a while.  I didn’t know I still had some fight left in me.”  Markus smiles and looks back at Mr. Craig.  “Old man, you know how good you are at delivering a good ass whopping, and together we show these rat bastards not to mess with us!”  They both nod and keep on fighting against the assailants, and Keera smiles as she sees the strong father-son bond that they share.  Mr. Craig isn’t even Markus’ father, but they both act as if they were father and son.  She smiles and then kicks one of the assailants right in the crotch.  

The assailants keep on coming, but exhaustion is now become apparent on their faces.  Noticing their opportunity, Markus, Mr. Craig and Keera don’t hesitate, and they beat down the assailants as if they were nothing more than rag dolls.  Markus dodges a nearby assailant and he grabs him by the collar of his shirt and pulls him close and he looks angrily at him.  “Who sent you after us!?  Who’s the cowardly asshole that sent you to take us out!?”  The assailant simply spits at Markus’ face, and enraged, Markus punches him right in the nose and drops him to the floor.

When he turns around, he sees that a hidden assailant is about to hit Keera right in the back of the neck with a steel pipe, and Markus screams to Keera, and she luckily manages to duck down, and Markus angrily delivers a mighty jab to the man’s face, causing him to fall back a few steps.  One of the men raises his hand and says: “That’s enough guys.  We weren’t fully prepared to take them on.  Time to go.”  The others nod silently and they head to their cars and they leave, leaving the road as if they were never there.
(End Song Here.)

Markus heads over to Keera, concerned about her safety, but luckily and thankfully, she’s unharmed.  Mr. Craig heads over them and looks at both at them carefully.  “None of you are hurt, right?”  They both nod no, and then they head towards the truck again, and Mr. Craig examines the dent in the truck’s back.  “Ah dang it, they hit the back pretty bad…those bastards.  But at least we’re safe, and that’s what matters.  Now come on kids, get on the truck.  We have to head home as fast as we can, before something worse happens tonight.”

Once inside, Keera looks at Markus suspiciously and then she crosses her arms.  “Markus…who were those men?” Markus looks at her right in the eyes, and then he tells her about how Mr. Craig had told him that they were looking at their house, because apparently they were looking for him.  Keera then sighs and closes her eyes and breathes in deeply and then breathes out.  “Markus, this is why you need to get at least a bit of rest.  You keep winning, and more of these lowlife bastards come to get you, you have to understand that!”

Markus simply stays silent and the leans his head down, and thinks about what happened just moments ago.  If he hadn’t looked back, Keera would have been fatally wounded, or worse.  He then thinks to himself if the championship is really worth all this.  He then looks up at Keera, who looks at him with a worried expression on her face.  He thinks to himself: “Keera, I can’t just give up on my dream.”
----------------------------------

Managing to fend off an attack by shifty men, Mr. Craig, Keera and Markus now go home with heavy thoughts.  Will Markus still insist upon the championship, or will he stop to think about what truly matters?  Next time, Chapter Five: “What The Heart Wants.”

#14 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Every chapter is more and more impressive! Keep it up :D

#15 Kirie

Kirie
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Another exciting chapter, so intense!!

#16 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Every chapter is more and more impressive! Keep it up :D

Another exciting chapter, so intense!!

Thank you both for your awesome comments, they mean a lot to me!  And well, today is the last day I'll be able to post a chapter, at least for the time being, since my internet will be disconnected tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter Five: What The Heart Wants

One week passed and Markus, Keera and Mr. Craig were on constant watch on the house in case any of those assailants made their way back.  Keera was worried nonstop about Markus, and for what seemed to be the first time in a long while, Markus had not mentioned anything about boxing, at all.  Mr. Craig was uneasy and he thought of calling the police, but then he discarded the thought since the police wouldn’t be able to pinpoint the assailants’ location.  Mr. Craig then heads towards Markus and Keera and he lays his hands on both their shoulders. “Hey kids, how’s about you go to that special place you were planning to go?”  Keera opens her eyes wide and she asks: “Really?  Do you mean it Mr. Craig?  He nods in confirmation and Markus smiles and then Mr. Craig bids Keera that he borrows Markus for a quick moment.

As they walk towards the kitchen, Mr. Craig whispers to Markus: “Look boy, I don’t like the fact that your being sought for, so it’s best if you go with Keera, that way both of you will be able to have some quality time together and you’ll be able to be safe.”  Markus nods but then he shows concern in his face.  “What about you, old man?”  Mr. Craig waves his hand dismissively.  “No need to worry about me lad, I know how to take care of myself.”  Markus nods and then he hugs Mr. Craig: “Thank you so much old man.  This means a lot to me.  But if anything happens, don’t hesitate to call.”  Mr. Craig simply smiles and Markus heads over to Keera and she hugs him and kisses him.

Just a few hours later, Markus and Keera are already on the train station, waiting for their train to a place called Paradise Beach.  They both agreed they wanted to go there, for two main reasons.  One, because it had an immensely beautiful view of the horizon, not to mention the crystal clear blue water, and because Markus had always heard Keera mention it.  Now, he thought, was his chance to make her the happiest woman in the world.

It seemed to be a miracle that no one on the train recognized Markus, and that suited Markus just fine.  Although he was known for his alter ego, he preferred not to draw too much attention to himself.  He smiles at Keera and kisses her forehead, noticing that she’s sleeping, and the hours pass, and the afternoon sun fades on the mountains, as sunset comes by quick.  After a few hours, they arrive to their destination, and they get off the train and start walking through a beautiful forest path filled with pine trees and different varieties of flowers.  The aroma was refreshing and therapeutic, and with every step that Markus made holding Keera’s hand, he felt even more at peace.

As they followed the forest path, they came upon small squirrels and stray dogs, and Keera lovingly fed them.  If there was one thing that Markus loved most about Keera, it was her sense of purity and sincerity, and how she could interact with anyone or anything, was truly a marvel to him.  He sat down nearby a big oak tree and he lazily and dreamily watched Keera feed the animals, as he himself, felt so much peace and happiness inside me.  He thought to himself: “This feels so much more relaxing than worrying about the championship match.  But still, I need the championship.  But…is it really worth having?  Will I have gained such a sense of accomplishment?” he thinks to himself.  He lets the thought sift and looks at Keera.

Keera smiles and goes towards him and pulls him up, and she nods, urging him to keep on walking.  They both keep on walking and walking until they come upon the beach and the seaside shack, and Keera’s eyes light up and she runs around, feeling the warm sand under her feet, and she turns around and waves at Markus and smiles, and Markus smiles and waves back and puts their things in the shack.  He then goes outside and notices that Keera is down by the shore, and she sits down and puts her knees up to her chest.  He goes towards her and sits beside her, and they both watch the sunset together.  “They got the paradise part right you know.” Markus remarks as he lays his arm around Keera’s shoulder.  She smiles and lays her head on his shoulder and they both feel the water caress their feet.  “Markus, this is how happy I feel.  I love being here, just you and me.  See how wonderful this is?  You don’t need boxing, you just need to value the precious things in life.” she says as she touches his face.

For a moment, Markus seems eager to state otherwise, but he can’t deny the overwhelming sense of peace that flows through him as he sits here with her, both of them sharing a beautiful sunset.  He looks at her and says: “You know Keera.  You right.  How about this?  When I win the championship match, I’ll announce my retirement, and we can focus on living our lives without any troubles.”  She smiles and leans her head on his chest and she hugs him. “You really mean it?” she asks.  He nods and says: “I promise.”  And with that, they both kiss tenderly and passionately, the last of the sun’s rays shining over the beach.

Meanwhile, in a murky and dark looking alley of the city, the assailants that had attacked Markus, Keera and Mr. Craig before are sulking, as if waiting for someone.  “The boss is really pissed, you know that?” remarks one of the assailants, while another one aims to calm the rest down: “Look guys, it’s been a week since we tried to go at them, now we just have to come up with something else.”  The man in the tuxedo that had been with them before laughs to himself, shaking his head in disapproval.  “Interesting.  You make it sound so simple.  But remember that the boss is very intrigued with this one, and he wants to make sure that he doesn’t box again.”  One of the other assailants laughs and twirls his dagger with his fingers and he smirks.  “Ha, you just watch.  The boss will come up with something.  You’ll see.  He’s a freaking genius!”  They all nod in agreement, and suddenly a tall man with a blue tuxedo and long hair comes out from a nearby store, and the shadows of the alley conceal his face.

Instantly, everyone stops what they’re doing and they all say boss in unison.  The man simply sits down near one of the men and he lights up a cigarette, and his silvery eyes gaze upon the other men.  “Gentlemen, it’s good to see you again.  As you can see, we’re currently on a hiatus.  But not to worry, we’ll soon find a way to make sure Markus’ boxing career ends earlier than expected.”  He looks up and urges for the other man in the tuxedo to come to him.  “Denzel, I have a special errand for you.” Denzel nods and heads towards him, ready to listen.  “As you know Denzel, we have a few friends in the professional boxing circle.  I have one friend in particular who is quite the agile and strong fighter, and more than enough of a match for Markus.  I want you to seek out his manager and make sure to deliver this letter.  He’ll know what to do.”  Denzel simply nods and is dismissed, and he goes to deliver the letter.  The man simply smirks.  “Markus, your end will come very, very soon.”

(Start Song Here.)
   Back at Paradise Beach, Keera and Markus make a fire outside the seaside shack, and they roast marshmallows and gaze upon the stars, enjoying and cherishing their time together.  Keera smiles and holds his hand, and they lay down on a nearby patch of grass.  Keera sighs and looks up at the night sky, blanketed with stars in all directions. “Beautiful night, isn’t it?” she says with a sweet tone in her voice.  Markus smiles and says: “It sure is.

“Keera, I just want to let you know how grateful I am for all your support in all these months, I’ve really appreciated it. And I want to let you know that I love you so much and that you mean everything to me.” he says as he touches her face.  She smiles and looks up at the sky.  “Markus, those words mean so much, and I’m so happy that we’re together.  We’ve been through a lot, haven’t we?” Markus smiles and says: “Yeah, we have.  It’s true we’ve had our ups and downs, but we’ve had a great time together.  Ha, who would have ever thought that you and me, childhood friends, would end up a couple?  It’s stuff that only happens in movies.”  Keera smiles and looks at him with dreamy eyes and she says: “Not necessarily.  We’re not in a movie right now.”  They smile and they slowly lean closer to each other and they kiss each other gently and passionately, smiling as they kiss, and Markus cherishes this moment like nothing that has come before it.

As the hours pass, they point up at constellations and keep eating marshmallows, and then they walk along the shore of the beach, picking up seashells as they go, and they smile and look at all the trees and flowers.  Markus then stops and picks up a curious looking rock.  “Hey honey, come here.”  Keera then goes to Markus, and he shows her the rock.  “It’s shaped like a heart, and it’s like a pearly white color.  It’s such an amazing looking thing, isn’t it?”  She smiles and takes the rock from his hand and observes it.  She smiles and nods.  “It is amazing.”  He smiles and takes some string out of his pocket and he manages to find a small hole in the rock that lets him put it as if it were a necklace, and he smiles and puts it on her.  “This is a keepsake of this memorable occasion.  For you Keera.  I love you.”  She smiles and hugs him tight, and they both feel a sudden calming breeze blowing at them.  Markus feels so happy and peaceful right now, he wouldn’t trade this happiness for anything else in the world.  Not even for the championship.
(End Song Here.)
------------------------------------

The love between Markus and Keera grows ever strong, assuring Markus that no matter what lies ahead, he’ll be able to pull through as long as he has Keera by his side.  But what could Denzel and those men be planning, and just who is this man that could be a potential match for Markus?  Find out in Chapter Six: “Brutus Thompson, Terror Of The Ring.”

#17 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Here there everyone, good news!  My internet hasn't been disconnected yet, and I am able to post chapters at least for a few days!  (I don't know exactly when my Internet will be disconnected.)  Enjoy the chapter!!! ^_^

Chapter Six: Brutus Thompson, Terror Of The Ring

It’s twelve o clock midnight, the air thick and rather irritating.  As the night drags on, Denzel makes his way to a big and expensive looking building, and he goes inside and proceeds to the counter, where a young lady is busy checking security on all floors of the complex.  She notices Denzel and she modestly fixes her glasses and gazes upon him.  “Good evening sir, what might I do for you?”  Denzel looks around, as if examining, and he shrugs to himself and turns around to face the woman.  “Is this where Brutus Thompson lives?”  She nods. “Why yes, yes he does.  Do you have an appointment with his manager?”  He nods in disagreement. “Not exactly.  I guess you could call this a spur of the moment kind of thing really.  Would you kindly tell his manager to come down here?”  She nods.  “Of course sir.”  She then stands up and proceeds to the speaker on the far left side of the counter and she calls Brutus’ manager.  “He’ll be here in a couple of minutes.” she says while smiling.  “Thanks.” Denzel says.

After a few minutes, a man who looks to be well into his fifties makes his way towards him, and then he looks at Denzel curiously.  “Ah, you must be one of the boy’s men, am I correct?”  Denzel nods.  “Yeah.  I came here on the boss’s behalf.  He told me to deliver this letter to you.  Not to worry, I didn’t take a peek or anything of the sort.”  The man takes a look at the envelope and he nods and then heads back, and then Denzel says: “Oh, and I should tell you, the boss said this is concerning Markus Dominic, the upstart boxer.”  It seems as though the second he said that, the man’s eyes flared up.  “Ah, interesting.  Come with me uh, what’s your name?”  Denzel crosses his arms: “The name’s Denzel.”  The man gives out a comprehensive sigh, and then he turns around.  “All right Denzel, my name’s Rupert.  Rupert Damien.  Now come with me.”

Denzel walks with Rupert, and at the corner of his eye, he notices the counter lady looking at him, and the minute she notices his eyes, she turns away blushing.  They go through a narrow hallway and then they enter what seems to be a small conference room.  Rupert urges Denzel to sit, and then he heads towards the far end of the conference room.  “Well Denzel, I’m glad you’ve come.  Now let me ask you.  What do you know of this Markus?”  Denzel shrugs absent mindedly and he replies: “Not much, only that he’s managed to gain an undefeated streak over the past months and that every man gambling on him to lose is after his ass.”  Rupert laughs grimly and he heads towards a nearby door and opens it.

He clears his throat and then spreads an arm wide in a wondrous gesture.  “Here I have my boy Brutus, who’s quite the agile fighter, strong and smart too.  He’ll be more than enough of a match for Markus.  Just tell me a time and place.”  Denzel simply smiles and he shrugs and stands up and takes a look at Brutus and then makes his way towards the door.  “If you want a time and place, just look at that letter the boss wrote.  He’ll probably have all the details there.  Until then.”  Rupert nods and laughs to himself, and Brutus simply snorts and allows himself a wide smirk.  As Denzel makes his way out of the building, he comes upon the counter lady again, but this time they are face to face.  “I’m sorry sir, I’m in your way.”  Denzel simply smiles and walks past her.  “Not to worry.  Don’t overwork yourself, okay?”  She smiles and nods, and he turns around, smiles at her, and then leaves, his work done.
….

The sun rises slowly upon the beautiful crystal clear beach, and the first rays of sunrise make their way through the seaside shack, where Markus and Keera are resting peacefully.  Markus is the first to wake up, and he yawns and stretches his arms, and covers his eyes as he gazes upon the sunrise.  He looks back towards Keera and he smiles and kisses her forehead gently and he goes outside.  He breathes in the fresh morning air and enjoys the refreshing sea breeze.  He then heads towards the shore of the beach and then he gets in his battle pose and starts practicing his jabs and uppercuts and strikes, constantly remembering about his upcoming championship match, but also remembering the promise he made: that he would retire once he won the match.

After a few practice sessions, Markus sits down near the water and he looks towards the distance, seeing the waves of the ocean flow harmoniously.  Then he feels arms wrap around him from behind.  Familiar arms.  Her arms.  He then smiles and he leans his head back and sees Keera smiling at him.  “Good morning beautiful.”  She smiles and sits down beside him and says: “Good morning you lazy bum.”  They both laugh and kiss each other tenderly.  “Markus, did you sleep well last night?”  Markus nods.  “Yes.  It was a refreshing good night’s rest.”  Keera nods and then she smiles and asks: “What do you want for breakfast?”  Markus smiles.  “Anything will be fine.”  She then nods and proceeds to make breakfast inside the shack.

When they finish eating breakfast, they spend the rest of the day swimming in the beach and looking for seashells, and they go hiking on a nearby mountain and they spot  seagulls here and there.  The hours pass, and so do the days and the weeks, and after the week is past, they go back home where Mr. Craig waits for them, with some nice White Rice and Beans and delicious Fried Chicken.  Markus barges in with a smile.  “Aww old man, you shouldn’t have.  You didn’t have to go to the trouble of making dinner for us!”  Mr. Craig looks at him.  “Ha, as if.  This isn’t for you boy, this is just for me.”  Keera smiles. “Oh really Mr. Craig?  Then why do I spot my favorite plate nearby?”  As soon as he turns around, his serious face gives way to one of laughter and he laughs full heartedly.  “Haha, I missed you kids.  Come on, have a seat, dinner’s almost ready.”

Markus and Keera smile and they make themselves comfortable and they tell Mr. Craig about their wonderful week together, and about how Markus plans to retire after the championship match.  The minute this is mentioned, Mr. Craig opens his eyes wide and almost chokes on his coffee.  “Say what now?  Do you really mean that lad?”  Markus nods.  “Yes, I do old man.”  Mr. Craig then smiles and sighs of relief.  “Thank goodness.  You got some sense knocked into you boy, I’m glad that Keera was able to open your eyes.”  He smiles and serves them and himself dinner.  They smile and talk about silly things, and then Mr. Craig turns on the TV and puts it in the news channel.  “Ah, let’s see what we have for today.” Mr. Craig says cheerfully, and Markus and Keera continue eating their dinner while watching the news with him.  Keera looks at Markus and she sighs of admiration, feeling relieved that finally things are normal with her and Markus.  Nothing could ruin this moment.  Except for one tiny little small thing.

As soon as the sports section of the news begins, Mr. Craig raises the volume, and at first Markus couldn’t care less, but then, when his name is mentioned, he quickly glues his eyes to the screen.  Keera sighs.  “Great…after all that hard work getting his mind out of boxing…”  Then she pays attention to the news report.  The female reporter says: “It seems as though Markus will be in the fight of his life, as next opponent is someone who has endured many years in the sport of boxing, Brutus Thompson, The Terror Of The Ring.  The fight is scheduled for tomorrow night.”

(Start Song Here.)
   When the report ends, Mr. Craig turns off the TV and he stays silent for a while, Keera also sharing in his silence.  Markus simply smirks and shrugs this off as if it was nothing.  “Relax, won’t you?  He’s just another bozo, just like the rest.”  At that, Mr. Craig snaps and pounds his fist to the table while Keera simply stays silent.  “Boy, don’t you realize what’s happening here!?  He’s evenly matched to you!  This fight’s been announced too soon!  There’s no way I can allow this to happen!”  Markus simply smirks and pats Mr. Craig’s shoulder.  “Relax old man.  I’ll take him head on.”  He goes towards his room, and Mr. Craig is about to follow him, but Keera stops him.  “Mr. Craig, I’ll take care of this.  Just please stay calm.”  Mr. Craig nods and Keera follows Markus to his room.

Once inside, she locks the door and heads towards Markus, and just as he’s about to say something, Keera screams at him. “What is your problem Markus!?  I thought you were going to take things slower now!”  Markus simply turns away and whispers.  “This is my chance to get stronger…and the stronger I am, the more ready I’ll be for the championship match.”  Keera angrily tugs at his arm, tears rolling down her cheeks.  “Don’t you understand Markus?  Don’t you understand I just want you to make sure you don’t forget what’s important?  To make sure you never forget that wonderful night we spent on Paradise Beach!  Markus…do you even love me anymore?”  Markus gasps.  “Of course I love you!  It’s just…”  Keera smiles grimly.  “Right…serves me right for placing my hopes on you…”  Markus then gets angry and raises his fist.  “Shut your damn mouth!” and he instantly strikes her right in the jaw, but by the time he’s realized what he’s done, it’s too late.

Keera stands up awe struck, her face bruised by his punch, and instantly her tears continue to roll down excessively.  She stays silent for a moment and as she’s about to step out of the door, she turns around to look at Markus.  “So…you’ve decided what’s more important to you.  I understand.  I won’t get in your way again…goodbye Markus.  I’ll always love you…”  With that she bolts downstairs and heads out the door crying, and Markus, paralyzed by the events that have happened, gets on his knees and starts crying.  Because of his selfish ways, he just lost the one woman whom he would have given his life for.  Markus felt destroyed, and for the first time in a long while since he had remembered, tears started rolling down his cheeks.
(End Song Here.)
--------------------------------

A bond broken, the man who had found peace with himself now stands on the brink of madness.  What will the future hold for him?  Stay tuned for Chapter Seven: “Nothing Else Matters Anymore.”

#18 Lalalablah

Lalalablah

educate yourself!

• 1,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

The song made it even sadder! Poor Keera and Markus

#19 Kirie

Kirie
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

aww that's just messed up what he did ):

#20 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,050 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

The song made it even sadder! Poor Keera and Markus

aww that's just messed up what he did ):

Yes, it indeed was sad.  Well ladies, prepare yourselves for the next chapter!  Enjoy! ^_^

Chapter Seven: Nothing Else Matters Anymore

The following day, Markus wakes up reluctantly and slowly sulks out of his room.  He’s still hurting from what happened yesterday.  But only he is to blame, and he keeps whispering that to himself, cursing at himself for having hit Keera, after having promised that he wouldn’t hurt her.  He failed, and now he stood there, a failure of a man, obsessed only for the championship, and nothing else.  Mr. Craig stands outside of his room, with a grim expression on his face.  He starts to say something, but Markus simply keeps on walking.

Mr. Craig, unable to take it anymore, heads towards Markus and grabs him by the collar of his shirt and pulls him towards him, making him look at his eyes.  “You listen to me lad, and you listen now.  You never, and I repeat, never, harm a woman!  I saw Keera bruised in the face yesterday when she left in a hurry.  You hurt the poor girl, and unless you do something, you’ll never get her back!  Stop obsessing so much over the damn championship and go after what really matters!”

At that, Markus simply shakes himself off of the old man and looks away and looks down to the floor, looking defeated and weak.  “Nothing else matters anymore.  She won’t come back old man…it’s only you and me now.”  Mr. Craig, trying to hold his tears, simply walks by him, and before going down the stairs, turns around and looks at Markus.  “She’s waiting for you to chase after her.  It’s what women want when faced with a situation like this.  Think really hard before you decide on what to do.  If I were you, I wouldn’t let a woman like that leave my life.  Those you only get once in a lifetime.”  Markus simply scoffs.  “Well, she’ll have to keep waiting…because I’m not looking to go after her.”  And with that, he storms down the stairs and heads down to the basement to train.

Mr. Craig kneels down near the hallway leading to the living room and he starts crying.  “Where did I go wrong with that boy?  I did all I could to raise him well, and raise him with values.  Just look at him now.   Now he’s just a shadow of the man he used to be.”  He looks up, and puts his hands together, and he starts praying silently.  If he can’t do anything to change Markus’ way of thinking, then at least a prayer would help set things right.  But thoughts like that only got so far.  Still, he found it was the right thing to do in a time like this.

The hours passed by, and Markus was furiously training, honing his techniques, but all the while, flashbacks of his time with Keera were popping in his head.  He was thinking of the wonderful and sincere moments they had back at Paradise Beach.  And he remembered that night of passion they shared together, how it felt for him to feel her body against his.   But it was all over now.  And all the sadness, rage and guilt he felt, he is now using as strength to take on Brutus Thompson.  After a while he eats a salad and some fried chicken and then he keeps practicing.  Before he knows it, it’s already six o clock.  Mr. Craig heads down the stairs and looks at Markus.  “Time to go lad, you don’t want to keep your fans waiting…”  Markus looks at Mr. Craig for a few moments, and he starts to say something but then quickly holds his words and simply walks past him.  Mr. Craig sighs and looks up to the ceiling.  “Oh God, what am I going to do with him?”

The minutes pass by and Mr. Craig and Markus arrive to the coliseum, and Markus quickly gets out of the truck and into the locker room and he prepares himself, as he can hear the roar of the crowd calling for him.  He can feel their excitement and enthusiasm, and then he looks up and turns his head to the right, at that empty spot where Keera would always be there, looking at him and wishing him luck before a match.  He feels tears start to form in his eyes, but he quickly lets go of the thought and he just sighs and makes his way to the ring.

(Start Song Here.)
   And so, Nick Brandon and George Smith start off the hype.  “Well ladies and gentlemen, tonight is surely going to be a night that everyone will remember! Tonight is a match of two titans, a match where anything is possible, isn’t that right George?”  George smiles.  “How right you are Nick, and the crowd is going wild.  With just weeks before Markus’ big championship match, he has to face one of the industry juggernauts!”  Nick shows a concerned look on his face.  “But the fact of the matter George, is that Brutus is equally matched to Markus, so odds are this may end up in a tie or perhaps Markus’ first loss in his boxing career.”  George nods in approval.  “You may be right Nick, but the only way we’ll know for sure how things turn out for better or for worse is when the match starts!  And here comes Markus now!”  Nick notices Markus’ grim face and says: “You know George, now that I look at Markus closely, he seems to be down in the dumps.  He’s not even waving at the fans like he usually does!”  George looks at Markus and then nods.  “You right Nick!  He does seem to have a deadly look in his eyes.  Nonetheless, the crowd is going wild!”

Markus gets in the ring and Mr. Craig watches him with a concerned look on his face.  He can hear the roar and cheers of the crowd die down, as he closes his eyes and shuts out every outside noise.  He can only sense emptiness inside him.  Then all of a sudden, Keera appears in his mind, her beautiful smile, reassuring and innocent.  But just as he saw her appear, she disappears just as quickly.  By the time Markus opens his eyes, Brutus Thompson is already in the ring.  The referee goes over the rules and once the bell rings, both men hit each other in the jaw in just seconds. The crowd gasps in shock.  “Unbelievable George, look at that!  Just seconds into the match and they already hit each other, at the same time!”  George gives out a worried gesture and puts his hands together.  “Whoa, this is going to be one explosive match!”

As the commentators continue to provide moment to moment analysis of the match, Markus furiously deals multiple jabs and uppercuts and strikes, but Brutus blocks every single attack, and then he smirks and hits Markus right in the face, causing him to stagger and fall back to the ropes.  “Oh damn, Brutus dazed Markus!  This is surely going to be a desperate match!” says Nick as he stands out of his seat in excitement.  Mr. Craig shows even more concern, and he looks at the timer, and notices that there are still ten full minutes left for the first round.  Markus regains his balance and shifts himself from side to side, dodging every attack that Brutus delivers to him.  Markus gets irritated by Brutus’ laughter.  “What’s the matter underdog, are you losing steam?”  Markus growls, irritated by Brutus’ comment.  “Ha, you wish!” and he deals a fatal uppercut to Brutus, causing him to collapse on the mat.

The fans stand up in shock, as Brutus stays down and the referee starts counting.  Markus simply smirks at the fact that he just owned this chump.  But, to his unbelievable shock, Brutus stands up and smirks, the referee only having reached the count of five.  George gasps and falls back on his seat. “Nick, are you seeing what I’m seeing!?”  Nick gulps and tries to remain calm.  “I know what you mean!  B-Brutus got up!  Things aren’t looking good for Markus!”  The fans scream Markus’ name, and Markus gets more aggressive in his attacks, and he lets out all his fury, proving to impress even Brutus, who staggers back just a little.  But Brutus braces himself and prepares to deliver the final blow. “I’m sorry kid, I wish you didn’t have to be the one I took out.”  Markus then raises his eyebrow, trying to figure out what that means, but in that split second, Markus feels as if his head was ripped out, and his vision quickly blurs, and he falls down to the mat.
(End Song Here.)

Everyone stands in shock, not believing what they are seeing.  Nick and George are unable to speak, and even the referee is surprised, and Brutus simply leaves the ring before the match is even done, and by the count of ten, Markus loses the match.  “Ladies and gentlemen, this is unbelievable!  What we’re witnessing is just, just too much to bear!  George, I just don’t know what to say!”  George feels a tear roll down his eye.  “I know what you mean Nick.  Not only has Markus lost his streak…but he might have possibly lost his life.  He’s not even getting up.”  Instantly, everyone in the crowd starts crying, and Mr. Craig quickly heads up to the ring and holds Markus in his arms, crying and pleading for him to come back.  But Markus doesn’t budge, not even an inch.  Soon after, the paramedics arrive and take him to the hospital, and Mr. Craig goes with them.

A few hours later, after a much thorough analysis of Markus’ condition, one of the doctors bows his head down in sadness, seeing that there’s nothing that they can do.  Outside of the medical room, Mr. Craig paces back and forth, unable to calm himself down.  Then, one of the doctors comes out of the medical room and heads towards Mr. Craig.  “Give it to me straight doc.  Will he make it?”  The doctor sadly pats Mr. Craig’s shoulder.  “I’m sorry Mr. Craig, but we don’t know if he’ll ever recover.  For the blow was to fatal for him, and his body isn’t reacting.  He’s in a comatose state.”  When Mr. Craig hears these words, he kneels down and starts crying, unable to hold back his sadness.  The doctor stands there, saddened as well, for the truth is harder than anything Mr. Craig could have ever prepared himself for.  Markus may never wake up.
Markus has lost everything.  Now he stands motionless, perhaps never to awaken again.  Mr. Craig steeps in sorrow, while the world awaits what will happen to Markus.  But as the years pass, Markus doesn’t wake up.  But after so much time, what will happen to Markus?  Find out in Chapter Eight: “A New Chance At Life.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Text