Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Nomura: We have only released spin off titles since KHII

Wrong, spin offs can have relevance to story :)

Spin offs are usually about different characters, that branch out from a main story line and does not truly support that story line, since it has it's own story line to focus on. 

Nomura: I know there are many fans who are restless because we have only released spin off titles since KHII, so I decided to announce it along with FFXV.

Sarcasm aside. Nomura, as well as many people use the words 'side story', 'side game', 'spin off', etc, too loosely or completely different from it's original meaning. Really, all these games are part of the main plot, as you may know. I just feel it's been addressed so many times, people should learn by now...

Edited by Sky Heart

Nomura: I know there are many fans who are restless because we have only released spin off titles since KHII, so I decided to announce it along with FFXV.

This is usable for spin-offs as well so analysis time. If every game after KHII was a spin-off it had no relevance to the story other than to give a new game to fans.

In Birth By Sleep's case there's only two good options. Either it takes place in a completely different uncanon universe outside of KH OR Aqua, Terra, Ventus and Eraqus will not be saved nor will they be mentioned in KH3. There may not even be a Xehanort in KH3 for all we know since he was never mentioned that much in KH1, Com, or 2. 

Speaking of Com, if all games after KH2 are spin-offs and Re: Com was after KH2, that makes Chain of Memories a spin-off since it has the same story. Which means that there really is NO reason that Sora woke up in a pod in Kh2. It was just a random happening in the KH universe. Namine doesn't even need to be thanked since she did nothing.

Now for Days. Roxas never worked for the Org OR if he did it was only for a few days likely before he arrived in Twilight Town and lost his memory somehow. Days is completely useless and forgettable. Just like Xion.

Coded actually is a spin-off it seems. All of the information in it means nothing and it mentioned saving Aqua, Terra and Ventus. Since they aren't canon then this is obviously in the same noncanon KH universe. 

DDD was most likely just a dream Sora had while he was at the mysterious Tower in KH2. Really. It's that simple

But wait! If every released title so far is a spin-off then HD 1.5 ReMIX is included. The game contains KH1 so it is a spin-off. 

So all in all, the only canon game in the series is KH2.

if 2.5 is released which it will, 3 will be the only canon if you take all this literaly xD

but  filler has no relevance, spin off can have relevance :)

Spin offs are usually about different characters, that branch out from a main story line and does not truly support that story line, since it has it's own story line to focus on. 

Sarcasm aside. Nomura, as well as many people use the words 'side story', 'side game', 'spin off', etc, too loosely or completely different from it's original meaning. Really, all these games are part of the main plot, as you may know. I just feel it's been addressed so many times, people should learn by now...

isnt that more filler? spin off might contain information that can have relevance to the main story or arc. i believe that is the politically correct definition. ;)

Contradictionnnnsssss

Say's BBS is to be though of as KH0

Says all games are practically non cannon

*smashes head into desk many many times*

Edited by Guest

if 2.5 is released which it will, 3 will be the only canon if you take all this literaly xD

isnt that more filler? spin off might contain information that can have relevance to the main story or arc. i believe that is the politically correct definition. ;)

nomura said spinoff you gave the definition of a side game get over yourself

Spinoff - Something, such as a product, that is derived from something larger and more or less unrelated; a byproduct.

Pretty sure that all the games are related and contribute to the whole plot as a whole.

What if they do the 2.5 remix and then the whole KH universe doesn't exist?

Also

"Days is completely useless and forgettable. Just like Xion."

Hahaha, Xion is totally forgettable! *sniff* I'm not crying... XION!!! *sniff* I just said I'm not crying...

Edited by Sky Heart

Weiss based this entire analysis upon the definition she quoted of 'side game'. Side games/spin offs are, by definition IRRELEVANT. 

Spinoff - Something, such as a product, that is derived from something larger and more or less unrelated; a byproduct.

Pretty sure that all the games are related and contribute to the whole plot as a whole.

exactly my point, they just offer less updates to story than 1 2 and presumably 3 soon, spin off just means less related as you said, this definition i agree with :)

Weiss based this entire analysis upon the definition she quoted of 'side game'. Side games/spin offs are, by definition IRRELEVANT. 

Spinoffs, by definition, focus on a character other than the main character of the original series, so either Nomura misspoke and meant side games (in which case Weiss' analysis is valid), or Sora isn't the main character of KHI and KHII. 

lols i know, but i think its weiss was looking at it from a funny leteral point of view, doesnt mean its right, i agree that spin off games are relevant more times than not :D

Nope. Nomura's word is law. Therefore, only KHII is canon

Someone gave this way to much thought.  lol  Anyway I think it should have had quotes around spin off since I think Nomura was getting at the fact that people thought those were spin off games.

BBS and 3D sure don't feel like spin-offs to me. They were filled with enough content to be stand-alone games, in my opinion. And didn't Nomura state that they bridged the gaps between games and as such were not to be taken lightly, or something to that effect?

Translations aren't always 100% correct. We can't be sure he actually said this. He could have easily said "Side game". Nomura also said in his recent interviews that Kingdom Hearts III has been delayed because they've had to make these side games so Kingdom Hearts III makes sense.

This is usable for spin-offs as well so analysis time. If every game after KHII was a spin-off it had no relevance to the story other than to give a new game to fans.

In Birth By Sleep's case there's only two good options. Either it takes place in a completely different uncanon universe outside of KH OR Aqua, Terra, Ventus and Eraqus will not be saved nor will they be mentioned in KH3. There may not even be a Xehanort in KH3 for all we know since he was never mentioned that much in KH1, Com, or 2. 

Speaking of Com, if all games after KH2 are spin-offs and Re: Com was after KH2, that makes Chain of Memories a spin-off since it has the same story. Which means that there really is NO reason that Sora woke up in a pod in Kh2. It was just a random happening in the KH universe. Namine doesn't even need to be thanked since she did nothing.

Now for Days. Roxas never worked for the Org OR if he did it was only for a few days likely before he arrived in Twilight Town and lost his memory somehow. Days is completely useless and forgettable. Just like Xion.

Coded actually is a spin-off it seems. All of the information in it means nothing and it mentioned saving Aqua, Terra and Ventus. Since they aren't canon then this is obviously in the same noncanon KH universe. 

DDD was most likely just a dream Sora had while he was at the mysterious Tower in KH2. Really. It's that simple

But wait! If every released title so far is a spin-off then HD 1.5 ReMIX is included. The game contains KH1 so it is a spin-off. 

So all in all, the only canon game in the series is KH2.

YOU FORGOT ONE CRUCIAL FACT. KH 2.5 HD ReMIX is coming. Thats another side game with KH2 in it. That means KH2 ISN'T CANON EITHER. THAT MEANS NONE OF THE KH GAMES ARE CANON, WHICH MEANS THEY ARE ALL NON CANON. So

that means that the KH series version of Non Canon, means its Canon. So, ALL OF THE KH GAMES ARE CANON AND NON CANON.

YOU FORGOT ONE CRUCIAL FACT. KH 2.5 HD ReMIX is coming. Thats another side game with KH2 in it. That means KH2 ISN'T CANON EITHER. THAT MEANS NONE OF THE KH GAMES ARE CANON, WHICH MEANS THEY ARE ALL NON CANON. Sothat means that the KH series version of Non Canon, means its Canon. So, ALL OF THE KH GAMES ARE CANON AND NON CANON.

So... All of the KH games are non canon --> they are all canon, but then there's gonna be KH3 which is actually canon. So because it's not non canon, it can't be canon on the same way as the other games --> KH3 is not canon

KHBBS and KH3D are and will be very relevant to the story in KHIII. Coded was directly relevant to the ending of KHII. RE: Chain of Memories was directly relevant to the story in KHII aswell. 358/2 Days didn't necessarily have a relevance level as what I previously said, but I wouldn't say it was a useless.

Master Xehanort will be in KHIII, this was already confirmed. Which could make BBS and 3D relevant for that reason alone, if their weren't many others.

I don't think Nomura meant it that way, in fact i'm almost positive.

So... All of the KH games are non canon --> they are all canon, but then there's gonna be KH3 which is actually canon. So because it's not non canon, it can't be canon on the same way as the other games --> KH3 is not canon

Yes, that is exactly what that means. So all of the KH games including KH3 are non canon, which is the KH series version of being Canon.

What if they do the 2.5 remix and then the whole KH universe doesn't exist?

Also

"Days is completely useless and forgettable. Just like Xion."

Well played Weiss.

Let me go cry at her death then throw something at you. *picks up pillow*