Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Beta

It's this time of year again (Nintendo 2013 edition)

Posted Image

It's this crazy time of the year! E3 is just upon us!

With E3 coming, the internet is, as usual, going crazy with speculation and rumours, but us fans are almost always confused on what to believe, but the beauty of confusion is speculation. So, here in this thread, I will post all rumours since we're very close to E3 and the KH13ers can go all wild on speculation and voice out what you think is true and what's unlikely. But wait a second there, pal, it's not for ONLY talking about the rumours, no, you can speculate on whatever you desire. And after every E3 Nintendo Direct (supposing there are several) you can share your thoughts here. In other words, it's an all in one Nintendo E3 discussion thread.

Confirmed:

• Nintendo Direct on the first day of E3 (June 11th)
  • Nintendo showing Mario Kart, 3D Mario and Super Smash Bros.
  • Retro's project will be revealed soon (aka in E3)
  • Pokemon 90 minutes presentation on the first day of E3
  • E3 exclusive demos will also be playable in more than 100 Best Buy stores in NA

Rumours:

• Dual Pixels

–Nintendo is hoping to play it’s cards right with new hardware add ons and a huge first party push next year where they will reveal games for both holiday 2013 and 2014, a total of 1/3rd of their internal
development software. Nintendo has also been shopping around for third party developers where instead of buying them outright, either funds projects or their marketing/localization to make them exclusive or
feature packed for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Expect more projects like Bayonetta 2 to be announced next year including a partnership that will cause huge shocks when it’s announced even worse than Bayonetta 2. My sources do not think it’s the wildly talked about Devil’s Third being a Wii U exclusive because most people have been buzzing about that and Nintendo is “keeping it extremely close to its chest”.

–Nintendo’s core first party line up for E3 will be the next 3D Mario game that will be out by Holiday 2013, a next Zelda adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, a double dose of Kirby with the return of Tilt ‘n Tumble
for Wii U and Kirby’s Pop Up Pannick for Nintendo 3DS, a new HD Yoshi’s Island game, Donkey Kong Land Returns for Nintendo 3DS, new Fatal Frame for Wii U, the new Retro Studios title which may or may not make Holiday 2013 and two new IPs.

– There was a pitch at Retro Studios for a new Metroid game that I have no idea if was scrapped or if it was made into a full game. I do know the pitch was an FPA like the Prime games and it took in between Other M and Fusion. It was suppose to deal with an entire planet that in a conflict between the good guys and the Space Pirates caused a fracture in time that allowed half of the dead planet to come back to life including the dead Chozoo colony. It was suppose to deal with the mystery of the Chozoo, Samus upbringing and that the Chozoo were more war like than imagined. It was also suppose to feature Wii Motion Plus control along with two player co-op with the new Chozoo partner on the gamepad, allowing more crazy exploration and puzzle solving. Being isolated, together was the theme. Multiplayer is also planned. Besides working on that internal next-gen engine for Wii U and a smaller team for Donkey Kong Land Returns, we know that some of the pitches included an entirely new IP based around the GamePad, a revival of Raven Blade and a reboot of Mach Rider.

–Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.

What was confirmed true:

• 3D Mario for E3
  • Next LoZ game on the 3DS
  • Donkey Kong on 3DS (Yes, it was a remake, but it's close as they stated Donkey Kong Land Returns)

What was confirmed wrong:

• Next main Pokemon game is slated for release this year

Keep in mind that this rumour was released in the public late 2012, so as they stated at the site itself, it could change, that's why some stuff are vaguely correct and a lot of other are wrong.

• IGN forums (from 100 Year Old Gamer)

-Nintendo will air three to five Nintendo Directs before and around E3, starting on May 30

-3D Mario will be “huge, bigger than any Mario game to date” and looks “unlike anything you’ve ever seen”

-Retro’s new game will be first person, futuristic, and something everyone wants them to do

-When
asked if “a certain Super Saiyan” would join Smash Bros (since Namco is
involved), he said it “hasn’t been decided yet, but there is a chance”

-Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Rumble U news expected with no other Pokémon games revealed.

-Yoshi Wii U is said to be a late 2013/early 2014 title.

-Games said to be at the E3 showfloor include: 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, W101, X, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

-Capcom supposedly working on a Resident Evil remake from their back catalogue.

-Nintendo wanting to continue Picross on Nintendo 3DS.

-New Star Fox title, said to be more like Lylat Wars, expected this generation.

-Star Wars expected on Wii U as “Disney likes the Wii U so far”.

-Nintendo titles to use NFC – new IP from Nintendo.

-New Animal Crossing expected, but “way off” for Wii U.

-Nintendo tried to regain Banjo Kazooie but it didn’t work.

-A Final Fantasy remake is being developed for Wii U.

-Games that will use dual GamePad controllers will be announced.

-New
Legend of Zelda is said to feature a return for past races like the
Gorons, Zoras plus new additional species to encounter. The game is also
venturing into more “RPG-like” territory without “going full out RPG”,
like Skyward Sword.

-Wii U periperhals expected this year (to connect to the GamePad).

-A New Nintendo Wii U is expected by the end of 2014 with more internal storage but Blu-ray is unknown.

-A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years.

-Denies Wii U clock-speed increases.

-Achievements and linked accounts said to be coming but “in a different way than anyone else does”.

-Nintendo working on trying to get more engines supported by Wii U.

-Nintendo are expected to show and highlight classic GameCube titles heading to Virtual Console.

-Online multiplayer for classic Virtual Console games isn’t likely from Nintendo but “third parties will”.

-Plans to release classic titles, like Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii U eShop is likely at some point.

-The
upcoming, untitled game from Retro Studios is said to be first-person,
futuristic and “something everyone wants them to make”. Said to be
working on a Donkey Kong track for Mario Kart Wii U.

What was confirmed true:

• None

• First of the Nintendo Directs batches (supposing there are several) begin on June 11th, not May 30th

• 4chan (bluuuuuugh, but I had to mention all I could find -_-)

Posted Image

What was confirmed true:

• None

What confirmed wrong:

• None

Please don't kill me for this one... I feel sour for posting this without me needing you to say anything -_-

• NeoGaf

My understanding this particular Direct would be week after next, early that week. That was the plan for this particular direct, so evidently they moved it so it can be during E3 itself...interesting. I'm still thinking there may be a smaller Mini direct week after next though. So as to not spill the beans, ill share what I believe will be the contents of this Dorect along with a few tidbits about each thing. It's going to be a largely Wii U Direct. These aren't in any particular order of actual showing, rather its going by what things people want to hear the most about.

1. Retro: Finally after at least a few years development, their game is finally ready to be unveiled. What is
it? It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it-but they did. I'm very happy with the one they chose to do. It'll definitely fall into that "Wooooo helllll yeah!!!" category for a vast majority I think. Trailer set to be shown at the Direct.

2. Mario....wow is everyone in for a really huge treat with this!!! I know the exact title of the latest adventure. Everything's been so vague hint wise so ill say something a little more exact about it. That 100 Year Guy is right on one thing-it's an enormously large, grand adventure in scope and size. Development began on Wii, not too long after Galaxy 2 was done. This adventure brings together a lot of levels, concepts, ideas, level types, mechanics and characters people have been begging for a long time for. Maybe you'll finally see Wart again this time Posted Image it makes very clever, imaginative use of the game pad but its definitely not forced. You can certainly play with traditional controls. Trailer and a giid look at game play on the Direct. Release set for late October. This October.

3. Zelda. First the bad news..it's a mid 2015 title at the soonest. They are debating between middle and Thanksgiving/Christmas 2015. Aim is to have most of if not all the game to look like that tech demo from 2 years ago. Story is the longest and grandest in the series. You MAY see some brief concept art at this E3 but they're looking more to fully unveil it early next year. They're debating between a few ideas as well as concepts and which they want to use. They want a familiar yet really fresh take on this for everyone. How soon you'll get it depends on that. They may again make a brief mention at this direct with the understanding it's still too early to show. No exact title yet. Just Zelda Wii U ATM.

4.Mario Kart U....this mighta changed but last impression I got from it is its basically a souped up Mario Kart 7...literally. Think that, online play if course and Miiverse integration slapped in. It should be out in time or this Christmas 2013. Aim was to bring out something for the U that's on the safe side that's guaranteed to help jump start the U. Some added tweaks and whistles here and there. Trailer plus some gameplay at the Direct.

5. Super Smash Bros. 4...As promised by Mr. Iwata and Reggie, it will finally be unveiled during this Direct. What you're about to see is...odd. How to describe...there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes. You should get a good idea who some of them are, others will be "Who the hell's that supposed to be!?" The full roster will be gradually unveiled from now till release. Release is aiming for Thanksgiving 2014. It
might slip to closer to Christmas though. The aim is to launch both the 3DS and U games same day, so they'll do what it takes to get that to happen. This is the big 2014 game for Nintendo. 3DS version is further along than the U one. That one will also be shown on th Direct. Some parts of U
version done, others still cooking. Coding, etc set to start in earnest
this fall. It looks great Posted Image

6. General Wii U...possibly price cut, they really would rather not but they understand this nay be the only way to re jump start it. Possible Ambassador Program 2, looking at a few neat ideas for that. They will
attempt one last time to very clearly communicate what the U is and isn't. They want to get people excited again and show good value.

X and Yarn Yoshi will have trailers. Both 2014 games. SMT x Fire Emblem is still too soon to show, but it's a really weird ass collaboration project-will be in a good way for fans of both,

One final huge surprise.,.its both a oh hell this makes sense and with kind of thing rolled into one. The aim is to introduce it fully in Fall of Winter. Timing still being decided. May or may not be announced at the
Direct.

Regarding Retro, it's Star Tropics U. I posted that a few weeks ago and stand by it.

Regarding Mario,,giving the exact title's a lot riskier..rather ill state one of the titles that was being debated and that should give you a good idea what the final title is...Super Mario Retroverse U.

Regarding Mario Kart..believe me, I expected an all new game too and am surprised its just a souped up 7. If you wanna sell to a potential username, with guaranteed sales sometimes you need to play it safe with something that's sold well.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

Regarding
3DS direct: the U and 3DS directs are both happening period. They had to decide 3DS or U first. Due to the U's situation and anxious people U is going first. 3DS a few days later.

Regarding Zelda: I saw one post say bs because how can I be so detailed with a 2015 game. I don't know the exact storyline for the new game. I only know its the longest in the series. I also stand by they're trying to decide which core concept to go with..they're looking for a happy middle between those that want an easier, more hand hoody experience and those that want something far more difficult. At the same time provide something more open world. THAT'S what's making development take quite a while.

What was confirmed real:

• None

• None

• NeoGAF (2)

Late May / First Week of June

>Pre-NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS. Summary: Join us for our worldwide announcement of Nintendo’s E3 Expo plans for June 10th through June 13th. In this direct, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will clarify a few names, logos and release dates for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software that we will be exhibiting at E3. Furthermore, Mr. Iwata-san will detail how our new E3 structure will work including software updates that will allow you to view Nintendo E3 information where ever you go. (Late May, first week of June.)

June 10
>NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS Social Software. Summary: Welcome to our first ever Nintendo Direct from E3! Before we announce all of the video game software Nintendo plans to release this Summer and Holiday in 2013, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to go into detail a list of software updates for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and how new social games and applications such as Wii Fit U and Mii Kabuki Theater will
leverage those features in the following months. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Wii U Zapper. Summary: In our first installment of Iwata’s Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview hardware developers and key software developers at Nintendo R&D to how the Wii U Zapper was designed and created to expand the game-play potential of the Wii U GamePad.

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Disney Interactive Studios. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will talk to our friends at Disney Interactive, investigating how Disney’s newest properties such as Star Wars [unless EA is making a SW game for 3DS, then I'm not so sure about this], Disney Infinity and Planes will offer unique game-play experience on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Ubisoft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Ubisoft President Yves Guillemot and the rest of the development staff at Ubisoft as they showcase the huge list of games Ubisoft will bring to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platform such as Watch_Dogs and Rayman Legends. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo eShop Showcase: [i didn't feel this hadenough ground to add into the article, I might post it in a future article.]

June 11
>NintE3do Direct: Wii U Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Wii U Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Wii U. First footage will be shown of Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Wii U, Mario Kart U, Yarn Yoshi, and Project X and more as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Nintendo 3DS. More footage will be shown for The Legend of Zelda: Return to the Past, Mario Party 3D, Mario & Luigi’s Dream Team and Pokemon X & Y as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. New unannounced titles for Nintendo 3DS will also be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Retro Studios: Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata
will interview the talented people at Retro Studios as they go in depth on their latest game for Wii U that has been years in the making, a huge undertaking to create something nobody has seen before!
(June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Platinum Games. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview the Japanese hardcore gamer darling, Platinum Games, as they go deeper into how the Wii U gives the studio an amazing canvas to create fast paced, hard edged action games. New footage from The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and other projects will be spotlighted. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Monolith Soft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Tetsuya Takahashi and the rest of the Monolith Soft staff on how the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS allows them to dream and design bigger than ever before. New footage from Monolith Soft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS projects will be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Super Smash Bros Direct. Summary: Welcome to the first ever Super Smash Bros Direct! In this first episode, Super Smash Bros creator and President of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai will give a detailed tour of the game’s new mechanics as well as the relationship between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game. New footage from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games will be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Miyamoto’s Inside Story. Summary: In this special Nintendo Direct, join legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto as well as General Manager of EAD Software Development Department Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo EAD Tokyo Development Group Producer Yoshiaki Koizumi, Mario Kart Producer Hideki Konno, Pikmin Producer Hiroyuki Kimura and Legend of Zelda Series Director Eiji Aonuma as they explore the workings of Miyamoto’s design philosophy in the newest Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games announced at E3 2013. (June 11th)

June 12
>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Activision. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Activision CEO Bobby Kotick as they review all the amazing games Activison will bring to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms from Call of Duty Ghosts to Skylanders: Swap Force and more! (June 12th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Capcom. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Yoshinori Ono as they dish out news of Capcom’s new endeavors on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 12th)

>NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Square Enix– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Sega– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

June 13
>NintE3do Direct: Pokemon Direct– June 13th– Summary: Welcome to the newest installment of Pokemon Direct. In this edition, Pokemon Game Director Junichi Masuda will give us an in-depth look into the brave new world of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for the Nintendo 3DS. New Pokemon will be revealed and new game-play mechanics never seen before in the series will be featured.

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo E3 2013 Conclusion– June 13th Summary: Thank you all for tuning in to the Nintendo E3 2013 Direct Experience. Before we close shop, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to express his thanks for those who support Nintendo with our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS products as well as recap all the biggest highlights and buzz from you, our fans.

What was confirmed true:

• None

• The first Nintendo Direct will be on the 11th, not before it

• IGN (again)

-Retro is working on a new IP

What was confirmed true:

• None

• None

• GameFAQS

Note: This rumour is about Monolith Soft's X

Posted Image

-Play as one of four character classes, including Soldier, Ethertech, Medic, or Elite

-Pilot the Archetype Defense System, which are mechanical suits

-Play online with up to three other players

-Explore lush environments, including valleys, dark caves, mountain peaks and temples in an open world

-Navigate menus seamlessly with the Wii U GamePad

What was confirmed true:

• None

• None

I will update the rumours when they are either proved true or fake. For now, let your speculations run wild!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(PLACE HOLDER. This part of the post will be dedicated for actual Nintendo E3 news.)

Countdown to E3/(first) E3 Nintendo Direct

Posted Image

HYPING IT UP WITH A COUNTDOWN! 8D

Just so if you missed the time of the Nintendo Direct above, here they are:

3pm UK time

4pm European Central time

10am Eastern

7am Pacific

NOTE:

I did not make a Sony or Microsoft threads because I don't follow their news that much, so it's not fair that way towards respective fans. If someone would make similar threads other than me, that would be great.

Edited by Beta

I would like it if Tharja is playable and brining Mewtwo back would be awesome, too. *to lazy to read the other stuff xD*

Well, the new Mewtwo forme gives it a bigger chance to star in SSB4 ^_^ And no wories. Like I said, this thread is pure speculation and hype! You just say what you want and what you hope to happen ^_^

Couldn't they have just said AEST? Lol.

Anyway, looking forward to Pokemon X/Y and Super Smash Brothers. Finally something for me to buy on the 3DS.

Wait, what about Fire Emblem, Luigi Mansion 2, etc? :huh:

Well, the new Mewtwo forme gives it a bigger chance to star in SSB4 ^_^ And no wories. Like I said, this thread is pure speculation and hype! You just say what you want and what you hope to happen ^_^

Wait, what about Fire Emblem, Luigi Mansion 2, etc? :huh:

They don't interest me. 

I can't wait. I really want more news.

Just the thought of the things that they might reveal or give us info about makes me feel like fainting *o*

I recently brought a Wii U, so another way I can watch E3.

I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros., Pokemon X Y, and any changes/upgrades Wii U can get. Oh and maybe a confirmation that Digimon Decode game is coming over seas, since they want to bring Digimon back up again.

A lot of these rumors look very enticing. If a good bit of them were true, I would be a very happy person.

But I'm going to look at these with extreme skepticism. I was fooled last year and I won't be fooled again. I hate waiting for E3, but theres nothing much I can do about that. =/

Relatively hyped. I'm positive Nintendo will bring it this E3. Sure, I thought that last year and my hopes got crushed horribly, but I know they will this year. Right guys? Right?!

They already confirmed that they will bring their big guns with them in the E3 Nintendo Direct, have no worries :)

Excited for Pokemon and Smash Bros. I hope that Shulk being a character is correct, that'd be great if there were Xenoblade characters. Also, the rumor about an FF remake for Wii U caught my attention. Hoping for V or VI.