Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Reyn

Why hasn't Mickey or Yen Sid explained to Sora and his friends how the BBS trio got into their predicament?

I mean, if they took the Mark of Mastery in order to become Keyblade masters and be able to save the BBS trio, shouldn't they know a little backstory on the people they're saving first? I mean, Yen Sid could've easily  told them about that when he was briefing them on what they would find in the Sleeping Worlds. But nope, they completely ignore the fact that they could tell them, just like how Riku and Namine ignored the fact that Sora was asleep for a year. Seriously? That doesn't make much sense why they wouldn't say anything by now.

Sora doesn't even know he's saving them yet.  Even with Riku when Mickey was in front of him and mentioned them he just said he had 3 friends who'd be lights, not three people they need to save.  So considering they know nothing about them, they wouldn't need to know anything about them until they're actually going to save them.

I'm not sure, but it's possible that Yen Sid did tell them about it off screen, and the game didn't show it because we already know the story. Who knows?

I mean, if they took the Mark of Mastery in order to become Keyblade masters and be able to save the BBS trio, shouldn't they know a little backstory on the people they're saving first? I mean, Yen Sid could've easily  told them about that when he was briefing them on what they would find in the Sleeping Worlds. But nope, they completely ignore the fact that they could tell them, just like how Riku and Namine ignored the fact that Sora was asleep for a year. Seriously? That doesn't make much sense why they wouldn't say anything by now.

I think it's because Ansem SoD and Organization XIII was a much bigger threat for them to simply ignore it and search for the BBS trio that almost made things worse 10 years ago.

Terra became Xehanort's new 20 years old body

Aqua basicly SAVED Master Xehanort to wreck havoc on the entire universe,she could've just fell with Terra's body there and try to get Xehanort out of him.

Ven was just a plot device for the X-blade,dual wielding for Sora and Roxas later on and that's it.(Seriously why do you need two hearts to wield a sword,Nomura could've simply said that you can summon 2 keyblades with enough sill and training instead of the two hearts nonsense that BBS introduced.

They can't ignore a group that attempts to sink the universe into nothingness just to rescue three people who wouldn't add that much to begin with in the battle with Xemnas anyway

That's why I don't like Birth by Sleep,it introduced pointless plot points that the story could've continued just fine without it.Yeah I know the game made many good explanations to the plot points of previous games,but did we really needed the "Inheritence Ceremony" , "Mark of Mastery" bullshit???? They could've just introcuded Master Xehanort later on in 3D and explain some of the past points in unlockable cutscenes,if 3582 days can be told in cutscenes,birth by sleep could've done it already instead of delaying the future plot points that everyone wants.

Some plot points in BBS adds nothing to the story and the series could've continued without them.

I've already talked about that in my thread on why BBS pisses me off so I don't want to ramble about it more than nessessary.

Inheritence ceremony my ass,if Kairi just got her keyblade by touching Aqua's keyblade randomly just because of "her heart is qualified"

I can bring Gary f.ucking Oak,make him touch Aqua's keyblade through her clevage,and then he can be the very best like no one ever was

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Metal Snake

I don't think even they know completely what happened to them (  They know some things but they were still figuring that out even in Re:coded's ending remember) plus they had to worry about currents threats first and foremost. After the events of DDD they prolly have a better idea especially about Terra.

I think it's because Ansem SoD and Organization XIII was a much bigger threat for them to simply ignore it and search for the BBS trio that almost made things worse 10 years ago.

Terra became Xehanort's new 20 years old body

Aqua basicly SAVED Master Xehanort to wreck havoc on the entire universe,she could've just fell with Terra's body there and try to get Xehanort out of him.

Ven was just a plot device for the X-blade,dual wielding for Sora and Roxas later on and that's it.(Seriously why do you need two hearts to wield a sword,Nomura could've simply said that you can summon 2 keyblades with enough sill and training instead of the two hearts nonsense that BBS introduced.

They can't ignore a group that attempts to sink the universe into nothingness just to rescue three people who wouldn't add that much to begin with in the battle with Xemnas anyway

That's why I don't like Birth by Sleep,it introduced pointless plot points that the story could've continued just fine without it.Yeah I know the game made many good explanations to the plot points of previous games,but did we really needed the "Inheritence Ceremony" , "Mark of Mastery" bullshit???? They could've just introcuded Master Xehanort later on in 3D and explain some of the past points in unlockable cutscenes,if 3582 days can be told in cutscenes,birth by sleep could've done it already instead of delaying the future plot points that everyone wants.

Some plot points in BBS adds nothing to the story and the series could've continued without them.

I've already talked about that in my thread on why BBS pisses me off so I don't want to ramble about it more than nessessary.

Inheritence ceremony my ass,if Kairi just got her keyblade by touching Aqua's keyblade randomly just because of "her heart is qualified"

I can bring Gary f.ucking Oak,make him touch Aqua's keyblade through her clevage,and then he can be the very best like no one ever was

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well to be fair, Ventus did destroy the X-blade and foil part of Xehanort's plan. So he didn't make things worse, he kinda made them better. Aqua and Terra were the real ones who made everything worse. But Aqua saw signs of Terra fighting back, and thought that he could break Xehanort's control over him, which is why she saved him. She didn't know that Xehanort would win over.

I don't think even they know completely what happened to them (  They know some things but they were still figuring that out even in Re:coded's ending remember) plus they had to worry about currents threats first and foremost. After the events of DDD they prolly have a better idea especially about Terra.

Well, Mickey and Yen Sid said they were close to finding out where Aqua is by Re:Coded's end, so they probably know now.

Well to be fair, Ventus did destroy the X-blade and foil part of Xehanort's plan. So he didn't make things worse, he kinda made them better. Aqua and Terra were the real ones who made everything worse. But Aqua saw signs of Terra fighting back, and thought that he could break Xehanort's control over him, which is why she saved him. She didn't know that Xehanort would win over.

Well, in KH3D it was revealed Master Xehanort was just expermenting with Ven and Vanitas(a.k.a playing around) and that the true way to create the X-Blade is to initiate a battle between the seven lights(who could've been anyone,the BBS trio could've been replaced easily) and 13 darknesses,which makes the entire VenVanitas fusion entirely pointless.

As for Aqua,as I said ,SHE COULD'VE TRIED TO FREE HIM IN THE REALM OF DARKNESS THERE INSTEAD OF SENDING HIM TO THE REALM OF LIGHT WITH THE VERY LITTLE SLICE OF DOUBT THAT HE WOULD FIGHT BACK,JUST FOR THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TO BE KILLEDTURNED INTO HEARTLESSES BECAUSE OF HER.

At least Terra didn't make it worse intentionally,it was the asshole Eraqus who never trusted him just because he's afraid of darkness(a.k.a always sleeps with lights on in his bedroom) and Aqua who could've helped him more instead of semi-spying on him,he got tricked by Xehanort because he didn't find anyone to trust.

Well, Mickey and Yen Sid said they were close to finding out where Aqua is by Re:Coded's end, so they probably know now.

Close is not the same thing as knowing.We don't know if they have or not. As for Terra, after DDD they might have a good idea.

Well, in KH3D it was revealed Master Xehanort was just expermenting with Ven and Vanitas(a.k.a playing around) and that the true way to create the X-Blade is to initiate a battle between the seven lights(who could've been anyone,the BBS trio could've been replaced easily) and 13 darknesses,which makes the entire VenVanitas fusion entirely pointless.

As for Aqua,as I said ,SHE COULD'VE TRIED TO FREE HIM IN THE REALM OF DARKNESS THERE INSTEAD OF SENDING HIM TO THE REALM OF LIGHT WITH THE VERY LITTLE SLICE OF DOUBT THAT HE WOULD FIGHT BACK,JUST FOR THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TO BE KILLEDTURNED INTO HEARTLESSES BECAUSE OF HER.

At least Terra didn't make it worse intentionally,it was the asshole Eraqus who never trusted him just because he's afraid of darkness(a.k.a always sleeps with lights on in his bedroom) and Aqua who could've helped him more instead of semi-spying on him,he got tricked by Xehanort because he didn't find anyone to trust.

No he pretty much admitted he made a mistake pretty much and he was 'hasty' thus rushing and didn't realize it wouldn't work . ( but now he does know supposedly lol )

Edited by Flaming Lea

Yeah, Eraqus was an idiot by not telling anyone about that Xehanort had possibly succumbed to Darkness. It wasn't intentionally Terra's fault. But yeah, Aqua made a mistake. But she thought if he had any chance of possibly overcoming Xehanort's control, it'd be better to make sure he doesn't get trapped in the ROD along with her.

Close is not the same thing as knowing.We don't know if they have or not. As for Terra, after DDD they might have a good idea.

True. I'm still surprised even now that Mickey, Sora and Riku haven't come into contact with her all those times they were in the ROD. Seriously, if she had just come to that beach for that period of time that Sora and Riku were there, she would've been saved. But she never came unfortunately.

And yeah, Xehanort pretty much flat out said that Terra was his vessel, so now they know where he is now.

Yeah, Eraqus was an idiot by not telling anyone about that Xehanort had possibly succumbed to Darkness. It wasn't intentionally Terra's fault. But yeah, Aqua made a mistake. But she thought if he had any chance of possibly overcoming Xehanort's control, it'd be better to make sure he doesn't get trapped in the ROD along with her.

True. I'm still surprised even now that Mickey, Sora and Riku haven't come into contact with her all those times they were in the ROD. Seriously, if she had just come to that beach for that period of time that Sora and Riku were there, she would've been saved. But she never came unfortunately.

And yeah, Xehanort pretty much flat out said that Terra was his vessel, so now they know where he is now.

I don't think they were in the same places at the same time if IRC. Plus the RoD is pretty damn big so it's hard to say how easy it would be to cross pathes

Sora doesn't even know he's saving them yet. Even with Riku when Mickey was in front of him and mentioned them he just said he had 3 friends who'd be lights, not three people they need to save. So considering they know nothing about them, they wouldn't need to know anything about them until they're actually going to save them.

I could have sworn they mentioned saving them more than once? Or was Sora not around at the time?

I could have sworn they mentioned saving them more than once? Or was Sora not around at the time?

I think Yen Sid was talking to Mickey about that, before they went to get Sora and Riku for their MoM.

I don't think they were in the same places at the same time if IRC. Plus the RoD is pretty damn big so it's hard to say how easy it would be to cross pathes

Yeah, but still. Sora and Riku probably ended up staying in the ROD for hours maybe, or at least one, if only she would've came there at the time.

Maybe

But still the fact that Xehanort literally said the true method of creating the X-blades,that still makes the entire VenVanitas fusion experiment plot point completely pointless,not to mention he admitted that using the fusion method won't create a Full power X-blade like the 7 Lights Vs 13 Darkness method.

Ventus is just there to copy Roxas's design and makes you doubt that they're the same person while they're never related to each other except in a haircut(Roxas has been established 1000000000 times as Sora's nobody,if he's Ven,why didn't he remembered Ven's memory instead of Sora?)

Maybe

But still the fact that Xehanort literally said the true method of creating the X-blades,that still makes the entire VenVanitas fusion experiment plot point completely pointless,not to mention he admitted that using the fusion method won't create a Full power X-blade like the 7 Lights Vs 13 Darkness method.

Ventus is just there to copy Roxas's design and makes you doubt that they're the same person while they're never related to each other except in a haircut(Roxas has been established 1000000000 times as Sora's nobody,if he's Ven,why didn't he remembered Ven's memory instead of Sora?)

Yeah, but Xehanort stated it was Hasty Generalization when making Ven fight Vanitas, so he didn't realize until later that it wouldn't work.

Well, Roxas looks like Ven because when Sora freed his heart and Kairi's heart, he unintentionally freed Ventus's too, and it went into Roxas, making him look like Ven. He actually had a heart unlike the other nobodies, which is why he actually had feelings, and it affected Axel too, since Roxas made him feel like he had a heart, because Roxas actually did have a heart. Also, just because he had Ven's heart, doesn't mean he has his memories. Its been established in COM that Memories and the Heart are 2 completely different things, but can be intertwined depending on what your memories are.

Sora had Ven's heart, but didn't gain his memories, so the same should apply to Roxas. He is Sora's Nobody, but his appearence was influenced by Ventus's heart joining with him.

Maybe

He never was presented as Ven and he's not . Roxas just harbored his heart since it took refuge in Sora therefore giving Roxas Ven's appearance since the heart shapes the vessel..His heart was asleep as well. Roxas wasn't born with either Sora's or Ven's memories and thats why he was ' like a zombie ' and couldn't remember his past like other nobodies did.

Also imo DDD basically retconned a lot of crap that happened in BBS especially the method of making the Xblade

Yeah, but Xehanort stated it was Hasty Generalization when making Ven fight Vanitas, so he didn't realize until later that it wouldn't work.

Well, Roxas looks like Ven because when Sora freed his heart and Kairi's heart, he unintentionally freed Ventus's too, and it went into Roxas, making him look like Ven. He actually had a heart unlike the other nobodies, which is why he actually had feelings, and it affected Axel too, since Roxas made him feel like he had a heart, because Roxas actually did have a heart. Also, just because he had Ven's heart, doesn't mean he has his memories. Its been established in COM that Memories and the Heart are 2 completely different things, but can be intertwined depending on what your memories are.

Sora had Ven's heart, but didn't gain his memories, so the same should apply to Roxas. He is Sora's Nobody, but his appearence was influenced by Ventus's heart joining with him.

Ven's heart wasn't 'freed'. It just stayed where it was- in Sora's physical body.

Edited by Flaming Lea

He never was presented as Ven and he's not . Roxas just harbored his heart since it took refuge in Sora therefore giving Roxas Ven's appearance since the heart shapes the vessel..His heart was asleep as well. Roxas wasn't born with either Sora's or Ven's memories and thats why he was ' like a zombie ' and couldn't remember his past like other nobodies did.

Also imo DDD basically retconned a lot of crap that happened in BBS especially the method of making the Xblade

Ven's heart wasn't 'freed'. It just stayed where it was- in Sora's physical body.

My bad, i forgot that Roxas was made from Sora's Physical body because of the fact that Sora didn't lose his body until Roxas was destroyed like the rest of the Nobodies. It was still technically inside Sora the whole time, even thoughout COM. It just wasn't with the True Sora, it was with another incarnation of his Physical Body, which was his nobody. But we know that even with that logic, Ven isn't the reason Sora can wield in the first place.

My bad, i forgot that Roxas was made from Sora's Physical body because of the fact that Sora didn't lose his body until Roxas was destroyed like the rest of the Nobodies. It was still technically inside Sora the whole time, even thoughout COM. It just wasn't with the True Sora, it was with another incarnation of his Physical Body, which was his nobody. But we know that even with that logic, Ven isn't the reason Sora can wield in the first place.

Wait , what ?  Roxas was never destroyed .He rejoined Sora in KH2. Sora lost his body the moment he became a heartless and Roxas was created . When Kairi hugged Sora and purified him he regained human form and basically became a walking heart until he was reunited with Roxas in KH2. Ven's heart stayed in Roxas the entire time till then too even while Sora was in CO in CoM .And  yes we do know Sora doesn't wield just bc of Ven. 

Edited by Flaming Lea

Wait , what ?  Roxas was never destroyed .He rejoined Sora in KH2. Sora lost his body the moment he became a heartless and Roxas was created . When Kairi hugged Sora and purified him he regained human form and basically became a walking heart until he was reunited with Roxas in KH2. Ven's heart stayed in Roxas the entire time till then too even while Sora was in CO in CoM .And  yes we do know Sora doesn't wield just bc of Ven. 

I know Roxas rejoined Sora, but i meant that his Physical body was probably destroyed when he joined Sora, and that he remained with him as a spirit.

And the only thing about the fact that Sora doesn't wield just because of Ven, is that is never said in the actual games, which can make people assume that Ven's heart is the only reason he can wield. That's what i thought at first.