Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
J. Severe

New Nomura Interview Regarding "HD 1.5 ReMIX" in Latest Issue of Famitsu

The contents of the latest issue of Japanese video gaming magazine Famitsu have been leaked a day ahead of time this week, and it includes a new interview with Tetsuya Nomura, talking about Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and the future of the series. It mostly contains information we already know about, but it is still an interesting read. Thanks to Andriasang's Ghost and new member

, we have the translated passage for you to read below:

- Hello Nomura-san, it is nice to see you again.
- Nomura: Same with you.

- Let’s talk about the latest entry in the Kingdom Hearts series, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, which is a collection containing high-definition remasters of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and remade cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the PlayStation 3. Why did you decide to develop this, Nomura-san?
- Nomura: Well, with the recent series installments being on so many different systems, it obviously brought in many newcomers to the franchise who may have not played the older games. So these newcomers would have the ability to see how the story began, we decided to re-release Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories on a modern platform as they would not be able to find the original titles due to them having come out on an older platform, the PlayStation 2.

- However, the PlayStation 2 is still being sold in many stores in Japan. Why, it even outsells modern platforms, such as the Xbox 360.
- Nomura: Well of course, everything outsells the Xbox 360. (laughs) But honestly, having the games on the PS3 makes them easier for consumers to get, and they are a great treat for long-time fans who want to see the games in stunning new detail.

- I see. So, regarding, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, why were just the cutscenes remastered rather than the entire game remade?
- Nomura: In another interview, I said it was because it would have taken too much time to do so, but that is not exactly true. We had enough people to remake the entire title up from scratch in a very time-efficient manner. However, since Days is on Nintendo DS, and DS games can be played on the 3DS, which is selling very well, we thought it would be best to try to milk whatever sales we can left from the DS title by just putting the cutscenes in the collection and making players have to buy the DS title if they actually want to experience the gameplay.

- Very genius, Nomura-san. So, HD 1.5 ReMIX has been out for a few weeks now, and many players have noticed that the end credits show clips from Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep, and coded. Is this hinting towards a second HD collection featuring these titles?
- Nomura: I cannot confirm this, but let me just say that Square Enix will never let the opportunity to take money from its desperate fans pass by. (smiles wryly)

- Speaking of future console titles, how is Final Fantasy Versus XIII development going?
- Nomura: Oh God, stop asking me about that game! (laughs) Actually, it is going very well, though the Square Enix executives aren’t very happy about it since it’s caused them to lose hundreds of millions of dollars and made them a laughingstock in the video game industry. (laughs) Don’t tell them I said that though! (laughs; coughs)

- Is it really costing that much?
- Nomura: Absolutely. As a matter of fact, it has drained them of so much that they are no longer financing any more games of mine! (laughs) They have already said that they will use the money to develop more Final Fantasy titles featuring Lightning, directed by Toriyama-san, which are sure to sell well.

- Does this mean we will not see Kingdom Hearts III?
- Nomura: Actually, we will use the money made from HD 1.5 ReMIX and a potential future HD collection to finance Kingdom Hearts III. So the more it sells, the better the game will be, and the less it sells, the more likely it will turn out like crap. (laughs)

- Let us hope you are very successful in your endeavor.
- Nomura: Indeed.

- Our interview is coming to an end. Do you anything last to say to our readers?
- Nomura: While we currently have no plans to include Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] in a potential future HD collection, we have a team hard at work developing Kingdom Hearts 3D Final Mix, which you will have to wait just a little while longer to find out about. Please be excited!

For a similar interview about Kingdom Hearts 3D that also came out around the same time last year, see this thread.

Edited by J. Severe

3D Final Mix? This is totally fake.

I mean, ONLY THE KH GAMES THAT GET ON PS PLATFORMS(And aren't remakes like Re:com) GET Final MixES!!!!!!! :P

Pro tip: Highlight the whole post

Lol, i didn't even notice that he put that extra line at the bottom. xD

BUY Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX EVERYONE IF YOU HAVE A PS3!!!!!!!! two reasons, ahem:

I-To play it for the fun of it and two (the main reason), ahem:

II-THE MORE PEOPLE THAT BUY IT WILL FURTHER THE CHANCE OF Kingdom Hearts III GETTING MADE!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE!!!!!!!! AS A REQUEST FROM A FELLOW Kingdom Hearts FAN!!!!!!!! BUY Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX IF YOU BOTH HAVE A PS3 BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY IF YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!

(To show my desperation at this, i will show off this following vid with music in that i believe suits how serious i am at wanting everyone to at least take my words about everything up above into consideration-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bFngQtNKs&feature=player_detailpage.).

........Wait, did i fall for an April Fools Joke by any chance?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

BUY Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX EVERYONE IF YOU HAVE A PS3!!!!!!!! two reasons, ahem:

I-To play it for the fun of it and two (the main reason), ahem:

II-THE MORE PEOPLE THAT BUY IT WILL FURTHER THE CHANCE OF Kingdom Hearts III GETTING MADE!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE!!!!!!!! AS A REQUEST FROM A FELLOW Kingdom Hearts FAN!!!!!!!! BUY Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX IF YOU BOTH HAVE A PS3 BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY IF YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!

(To show my desperation at this, i will show off this following vid with music in that i believe suits how serious i am at wanting everyone to at least take my words about everything up above into consideration-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bFngQtNKs&feature=player_detailpage.).

........Wait, did i fall for an April Fools Joke by any chance?

Yep

and, If this is a aprils fools joke imma be happy.

Becuase, I don't want no FM or, HD Remake.

I want a spin off game like BBS VOLUME 2 or, KH3

Oh its fake

"For a similar interview about Kingdom Hearts 3D that also came out around the same time last year, see this thread."

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/32323-s-nomura-interview-in-special-famitsu-issue/

Is this a joke or not?! I hate all of these April Fools jokes regarding KH3 or any KH future title. I am getting close to the point of screaming if I see another KH3 April Fools joke.

at least your not a half-life fan like me(or not that i know of) we have it way worse