Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
WakingDawn96

Dreamers of the Darkness : A Beautiful Mind

To anyone who cares: My name is Tyler, Tyler Jackson. Age is 17. Currently in process of finding the Dark One. To things up, let me start from the beginning. My story started as soon as the bell rang for Summer vacation this year. I was just another student who was excited to finally be out of the jail cell they call school. I was sitting there in my desk looking straight at the clock. This year was supposed to be the year I would finally get to go to my Aunt's new mansion house up in New York. For you see, I live in the great small town of FlagPole, Texas. It usually gets hot here everyday of the year that we did not have storms. It rains alot of the time here, so its hard to say what to wear around here. But after living here for my entire life, I know just how to tell what the weather will truly be. Nothing exciting truly happens around here. So every year, my family takes a vacation somewhere big, but this year my younger sister has to go to a special hospital to treat her brain tumor so I am being sent to my Aunt's in New York. My Aunt is the type of rich person that actually gives a damn about people in the world rather than herself. She espically loves me of all people because I help her get popular with the kids and teens. So when the bell rang to let class out for the year, I ran as fast as I could home. But on my way, I felt like someone was watching me, but I shook it off and just got home for nothing was about to ruin my good mood. And I meant NOTHING!

Dreamers of the Darkness : A Beautiful Mind

Hey name's Yukenshi but my friends call me Yuke. I'm 5'7" and weight 135lbs. I am a junior at  West Crest High in New York. Today was the last day of school and i did not want to go but it wasn't to bad. When we got out i went to central park and sat on a swing, gently rocking back and forth, wonder what this summer's going to be like. So far it was slow and boring but after all....it was only day 1.

Her name was Rin Sasaki. Not much is really known about her, only the fact that her childhood was nothing out of the ordinary but she tends to keep away from people and stay in the shadows. Rin was strolling by on the sidewalk with her hands in the pockets of her jacket and watched as people run past her as if they were being chased. Rin snickered. School is out already...., she thought and watched one in particular on his way home, no point in getting excited of they have to go back in three months. Rin eyes seemed to grow pale and focus as she continued to stare.

Keiko Yakunan, the girl with blue and black hair, the probably weirdest girl in her school, walked beside her newly found friends, a little embarrassed as they joked around with her. Actually it was very rude in fact. She sighed and started walking a little faster.

"Keko! Wait up!" The girl by the name Danielle yelled.

"KEIKO." She snapped.

"Whatever..." The smaller girl who had music blaring in her ears sighed.

"And no. Not. A. Chance. Kei isn't slowing down." Keiko laughed, beginning to run.

She stopped when she reached the small path that lead into the poorer part of town.

"Bye guys." She said, without a word, Keiko headed down the path, opening the door to the small church-like home.

"I am back Mr.Yaku!" She yelled, grabbing a half-drawn cat out of her bag and she started drawing.

So I had finally arrived in the state of New York after an eight hour flight. The flight was long and tiring. So when I arrived to my Aunt's mansion, I quickly passed out on my bed. It took about two hours for me to wake up. When I finally did, I found that my Aunt was gone so I went out to explore the town. New York is a big place with many different types of areas with many types of different cultures. I loved to go near the quite areas at night to clear my head. I always just felt at one with nature. I didn't know why until much later. I was in the park laying down on the grass looking up at the sky at this point in the story.

So I had finally arrived in the state of New York after an eight hour flight. The flight was long and tiring. So when I arrived to my Aunt's mansion, I quickly passed out on my bed. It took about two hours for me to wake up. When I finally did, I found that my Aunt was gone so I went out to explore the town. New York is a big place with many different types of areas with many types of different cultures. I loved to go near the quite areas at night to clear my head. I always just felt at one with nature. I didn't know why until much later. I was in the park laying down on the grass looking up at the sky at this point in the story.

Yukenshi-

I contenued to set on the swing when he saw a boy arrive at the park and lay in the grass. It was nearly night time.... about 7 or 8 something, i was never good at telling time without a clock. 'Emmm seems new in town...' I thought to myself. I debated if i wanted to introduce myself but decided not to... why should i? It's not like i'll ever see him again this place is so big and he's just one person. I continued to swing gently and let my feet hang and i watched the new kid. "Eh! What the heck.." I said as i hopped off the swing and casually walked over to Tyler. "'Sup?"

A few minutes later, Rin ended up walking into some kinda of park that she forgot the name of. Her eyes still looked pale, as if in a trance, and she went to go sit down by a vacant tree with lots of shade. With her hands still in her pockets she leaned her back against the tree and took a deep breath. People are so noisy, she thought as she closed her eyes and heard a bunch of kids playing a game nearby. The wind lightly blew on her face and her black hair flickered in the wind.

Yukenshi, that was his name. He looked like he lived here with little worry, but that would be proven later. For the time being though, I just looked at him with a smile. "Not much, just came out here to clear my head and relax. You?" I said.

Yukenshi-

I looked at him with a dumbfounded look on my face. "Came out here to clear your head? Where the heck are you from? The only 'clearing' here I can ever do is clearing the water fountain." I motioned with my thumb over my shoulder at a big water fountain that was about twice my size. When i motioned a few pidgins landed in the water and began cleaning them selves. "But it's not much fun any more..." 

'I remember when I use to come here and chase those filthy birds. Always dirtying up the fountain; but lately these past couple of years this city has been so dull.... I just wish there was little bit of excitement.'

"Well, I am from a small town in Texas that isn't very exciting so that is why I love this place. I came here on my vacation while my mom, dad, and little sis are away to treat my little sister's brain tumor to stay with my rich Aunt, that you must know who she is. She is the famous singer slash actress Marget Watts, you know the big star in hollywood. She moved here last year and lives in a huge mansion. So I guess you can call me rich and poor at the same time." I told the dude. I really felt kinda odd about him talking to me, but that might have just been the jetlag.

Yukenshi-

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know... I don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff; actors and such." I didn't really pay much attention to much of anything that didn't effect me personally.

"Well, she is so I am rich and poor at the same time. So I know how to live life, my friends back home used to tell me that all the time. I really feel relaxed and one with nature when I am with nature. It calms me down from the crazy city, which I go to during the day, so at night I go to the park here. So did you want something? You did just come over here so you either want something or you are just bored and want something to do." I had told him. I didn't know at the time rather to trust the dude or not, not knowing what was soon to come.

Yukenshi-

I smirked at myself."Nope.... just bored, i have nothing else to do." When i said that i felt a little sad for my self, having nothing to do so i just talk to random people. "We'll i'm gonna head out... maybe we'll meet again." I began to walk away when i turned around to face him. "Names, Yukenshi."

Caen was reading. The pages flittered in the wind. The park wasn't the best place to read, but he liked it. Nobody had shown interest in his script.

Again.

He was strangely okay with it, though. He would have to keep his articles up for the paper, but it at least meant he might start on another story. He'd been waiting for an idea for one. He looked down and realized the wind had left him on the wrong page again. Meh, whatever. He closed the book and looked around the park. It was fairly active at the moment. He looked over to see two guys meet, talk for a bit, and begin to part. He looked over to a young woman sitting against a tree. He smiled, and tried to imagine what her story was.

It was a fine day, hopefully something good would come along soon. Caen felt like something might.

I watched the dude as he walked away. He seemed okay, but that was for this point in time. I was wondering rather our meeting had a meaning to it or not, but later I would find out my answer. For now, I just remained on the grass looking up at the sky. I then took out my notebook and started to write in my journal about all that had happened in that point in history. There wasn't much detail to it because not much had happened at that time yet. But it was only a matter of time before something big happened.

I smiled at the newcomer. 'Alot of people coming to me, wonder why? I mean last time I was here, I was simply just with a group of friends, and well that was a different story.' I decided to at least introduce myself. "Hey, I'm Tyler. Who are you, if I might ask?" I asked. I really didn't have any clue who I was talking to at the moment, but later I would.

Wierd.

Caen's hand continued to spark. What was happening? His powers were... malfunctioning? He rarely used his powers, and he wasn't sure he fully understood them, but this was...something else. It didn't feel like malfunction. It felt like... like he was taking in too much power and he couldn't channel it. Why, though? He looked around.

Was it someone around here? Was it more than one? Caen looked down at his hands, and closed them in fists, but then a spark came out and latched onto his book.

Fire.

Crap.

He threw the book  down on the grass of the park and stomped it out quickly. Well this wasn't the most pleasant day off. He looked up at everyone who had just seen his book combust and Caen stomp it out in the middle of the park. He smiled the most awkward smile he could remember making.

"Um.... dang matches..."

"My age currently is 17. I actually am from a small town, but I am visiting my Aunt and living with her this summer. She is a Hollywood star and so I am poor and rich at the same time. Oh and don't worry, I'm single." I joked to her.

Hikari laughed softly. "I'll keep that in mind. But you must know, the only other boy I've interacted with is my brother." There was a soft breeze, she held her hand to the side of her head, keeping her hair in place. "Would you care to show me around, Tyler?"

"I would be honored, my lady. There is much to see and do around here." I said. "Oh, and make that two guys you have ever interacted with." I said as I jumped to my feet. I didn't realize at the time that this would be the first step in a long story.