Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

KH3D Why I dislike KH3D

Kingdom Hearts are my favorite games series ever. The story alongisde with the gameplay and characters are truly amazing... 

Back in 2010/2011, I saw KH3D's trailer and I thought that KH3D was going to be one of the most awesome games ever and I was wrong...

Kingdom Hearts are better from the Playstation than Nintendo, even tough that KH Days was a great game.

So... let's see why I dislike KH3D...

It's a short game, I finished it in 4 days, the sountrack isn't the best, in my opinion, KH2 and KHBBS had the best soundtracks of the full series, the story and the cutscenes are too rushed and the sotry gets too confusing at the beggining. (Ex: Jugde Frollo dies in 2 different ways... that kinda confuses the player alot.), and... Tron was a good friend to Sora but when Tron falls into the Digital Sea Sora just looks sad and then gets happy and opens the keyhole... :/. The gameplay isn't the best... I find it boring sometimes, there are a few bugs in the game, the bossea are way too simple and easy(you just need to level up to defeat them i na gypsie)... and the most tragic fail of the game is... The Secret Boss.

KH for me is a cool game because it has hard secret(optional) bosses like Sephiroth, Terra, Vanita's Spirit, Mysterious Figure, Xemnas(in KH1 Final Mix.), etc... but Kh3D had to have a big copy of Pete+Frankenstein. That's jsut so unoriginal and so not important to the story at all. You win Ultima just by defeating him... Just spam Balloon skill and you defeat him alongisde with Flowmotion.

In other games you have to forge Ultima or even finish hard levels to get it. In KHBBS you have to finish Mirage Arena to get it! In KH1 and KH2 you need to gather all the materials and create it, what is really rough but we feel happy when we do...

Don't hate me... It's just my opinion... I still play it...

I hope that KH3 turns out to be good as the previously games and not like KH3D, CoM and Coded...

Edited by Marcomax

4 days? Unless you played it every single day for the entire day, I don't think it should be that short. Though I agree with you that it was, as I myself beat it in a week or so, the shortest for all the KH games for me aside from Re:Coded. Still, I only played it for a few hours each day, so of course it took me longer.

4 days? Unless you played it every single day for the entire day, I don't think it should be that short. Though I agree with you that it was, as I myself beat it in a week or so, the shortest for all the KH games for me aside from Re:Coded. Still, I only played it for a few hours each day, so of course it took me longer.

And actually play on normal/hard/critical mode? Might help add a challenge. I did it first time on hard as a kh veteran. No problems really bar a little hiccup with Rinzler (but hey, didn't we all? xD)

Frollo dying is 2 endings it 2 different people's different dreams.  I don't find that confusing or anything wrong with it.  

All the games have had bugs

In comparison this game was said to over-power (enemies can spam balloonga e.g.) enemies, the opposite of BBS which vastly over-powered the player.  The gameplay far as I know was actually testing ideas they were considering for the combat system in KH3.  

Most secret bosses are hints to the villains in the next installment, following the same pattern would be a huge spoiler for the long awaited KH3, personally I don't mind the secret boss.  Julius isn't just a merging of Pete + Frankenstein they thought up from nothing, he is from a film called Runaway Brain.  

Yes the story felt rushed at the end, since there was generally no really balanced pacing, but they were trying to build suspense (which personally I myself think failed) but it's still an enjoyable game.  

Also, unless you played solidly all day each day, there's a ton of replayability available to complete it 100% with treasure, dives, link boards, DEs, Link Portals etc.  There's also critical mode.  

Considering you were already collecting materials and drops to make a multitude of dream eaters, I doubt they would have wanted to add even more materials to have you forge a weapon you literally use for the tiniest bit of the game.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally like the game, and would rate it in my top 3 (I would actually have to play BBS and KH2 recently to properly compare fairly) and as said, your reasons for disliking it seem shallow.

Leonard Hoffstader: SUPERSEDED! 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do agree with you about certain points. Mainly about the game being too short. I am used to KH games being something around 40 hours ((give or take...I tend to EVERYTHING in a game xD)) but I also think this was to the game's benefit. By being shorter, it had to have a more cohesive story that didn't pad itself out like in KH2 (Yes, I am looking at you Maleficent revenge plot). But I think this game improve A LOT of the complaints I had about the series for awhile.

--I didn't smash only one button to defeat an enemy.

TBH, I can literally beat KH2 on hard mode by pressing the X button the entire time (and maybe a triangle every once in while...shortcuts to heal). But in KH3D I could do flow motion, I could use magic more easily, I could use my spirits, I had a lot more special moves that I felt I needed/wanted to use. I know KH series do have special moves but I honestly never used them (KH2 I did the special moves with the AI partners...but that was about it). Overall, I found the combat to be a lot more fun in this game.

--I liked seeing different worlds.

While I don't think this game has the best worlds, I was nice to see a variety rather than the old ones I see all the time. And I haven't played BBS yet and I know that had some new worlds as well.

-- I liked the spirit eaters more than Donald and goofy.

I don't mind Donald and goofy all that much, but it was nice to see a change of partners ( I <3 my dinosaur army xD).

--

One of my main issues with the KH series is how they treated Kairi.  She needed to be developed WAY more. I always felt the first game had the best in terms of the three main characters's personalities. I am not saying they are as good as they are now (minus Kairi) but there was a certain balance between the three of them. And Kairi did have a bit of a personality...she was funny, spunky, sweet and a bit of a tomboy. I was interested to see who she would grow up to be. As the games went on, Sora and Riku got SUPER developed while Kairi was like "well, goodbye to whatever little personality I had the first game 8D! I am gunna be super mature and write poetry that makes no sense! 8D" I was so happy to see that Kairi is on the road to becoming a much more developed character! And think about her power! A keyblader wielder who never has to worry about becoming a heartless? That's awesome. I just hope they give her a bit a weakness so she doesn't seem mary sueish. That made me ridiculously happy to see Kairi hopefully finally on the road to becoming the awesome character I thought she could be.  :) So please...don't screw this up...>_< 

Honestly, my biggest gripe with the game is that with flowmotion...they decied to now make the worlds even more empty than before. How come in Transverse town, I can't speak to TWEWY characters? I could speak to Leon and gang in Radiant Gardens. T_T I feel lonely. I am not saying they have to be teeming with AI drones but I pretty sure even old Paris had more than 3 citizens.

Edited by Spiney

KH3D was alright in my book. The only game I hated was Coded. I still couldn't get past the first boss in the game. (I know--I suck in video games. See? I admitted it.)

KH3D was alright in my book. The only game I hated was Coded. I still couldn't get past the first boss in the game. (I know--I suck in video games. See? I admitted it.)

You really aren't missing anything in Coded. just pretend it never happened as

the ending is pretty much that

Everyone does have their opinion and I believe that I know a few other people who did not care for it, so you're not alone. It is my favorite (until KH3) in my opinion. Yes, we all hope KH3 will be the best and I am confident it will be.

Kingdom Hearts are my favorite games series ever. The story alongisde with the gameplay and characters are truly amazing... 

Back in 2010/2011, I saw KH3D's trailer and I thought that KH3D was going to be one of the most awesome games ever and I was wrong...

Kingdom Hearts are better from the Playstation than Nintendo, even tough that KH Days was a great game.

So... let's see why I dislike KH3D...

It's a short game, I finished it in 4 days, the sountrack isn't the best, in my opinion, KH2 and KHBBS had the best soundtracks of the full series, the story and the cutscenes are too rushed and the sotry gets too confusing at the beggining. (Ex: Jugde Frollo dies in 2 different ways... that kinda confuses the player alot.), and... Tron was a good friend to Sora but when Tron falls into the Digital Sea Sora just looks sad and then gets happy and opens the keyhole... :/. The gameplay isn't the best... I find it boring sometimes, there are a few bugs in the game, the bossea are way too simple and easy(you just need to level up to defeat them i na gypsie)... and the most tragic fail of the game is... The Secret Boss.

KH for me is a cool game because it has hard secret(optional) bosses like Sephiroth, Terra, Vanita's Spirit, Mysterious Figure, Xemnas(in KH1 Final Mix.), etc... but Kh3D had to have a big copy of Pete+Frankenstein. That's jsut so unoriginal and so not important to the story at all. You win Ultima just by defeating him... Just spam Balloon skill and you defeat him alongisde with Flowmotion.

In other games you have to forge Ultima or even finish hard levels to get it. In KHBBS you have to finish Mirage Arena to get it! In KH1 and KH2 you need to gather all the materials and create it, what is really rough but we feel happy when we do...

Don't hate me... It's just my opinion... I still play it...

I hope that KH3 turns out to be good as the previously games and not like KH3D, CoM and Coded...

The game IS LONG dude and the story is always confusing and the two protagonists are in two different dream states so frollos death is gonna be different..

Honestly if you WANT to spam balloon then complain about it then fine and some people like the boss since its challenging and different and honestly your complaints are awesome if you SAW RUNAWAY brain you wouldnt complain that much its a solid game for the 3ds that goes at a fast pace and has a confusing story albeit but its fun and fast paced..

WHAT ABOUT FLOWMOTION AND FREAKING LEA!? And the variety  is amazing dude you CANT beat the game with only button mashing you NEED to block dodge glide dark roll etc.

ANd this game is a HANDHELD its not gonna be a FREAKING STRETCHED OUT like kingdom hearts two just look at your complaints and see if they are alright cause complaining about secret bosses? NOt very supportive of your argument

Edited by Nafees Rahman