Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Demyx.

Looks like Demyx was right.

Lazy or not he wouldn't resign himself to certain 'death' by fighting Sora for a cause he knew was false. It's not in his character design imho. He's a self preservationist (totally spelled that right on the first try, score) a trait that is somewhat shown in Days by talking to him in the white room.

Maybe he wanted Sora to kill him so he could become human again or something, cause isn't it when you destroy the heartless and nobody of someone they are restored?

Maybe he wanted Sora to kill him so he could become human again or something, cause isn't it when you destroy the heartless and nobody of someone they are restored?

I am not sure any of the other nobodies knew what would happen if they were destroyed. For all Axel knew, he was gone for good. If they knew that they would return to a somebody once their heartless and nobody were defeated, why would they join up with Xemnas?

Okay. So you know how in KH2, Demyx says to Sora: "Oh, we do to have hearts! Don't be mad..."

Well. In DDD, we learn that, in fact, Nobodies do have hearts.

...so was this line just our cute little Demyx attempting to confuse the hero's morals? Was it put in as a hint for the future, perhaps just to make us consider the possibility?

Or, was Demyx actually on to something? I know he seems to be one of the weaker members of the organization, but if he were completely useless, they probably would have sent him to C.O. or turned him into a dusk. There are many times where its questioned in Days why they keep Demyx around...is it possible that he's a 'nort? After all, only the strongest of the strongest hearts actually become Nobodies who retain human form. Either way, there's more to Demyx than meets the eye.

...yeah, he's probably not a 'nort, given that we see his thoughts at times and pretty much see that he really is just lazy, but...its an interesting thought.

There was topic on this not long ago and I asked this question but never got a response: What was Demyx' line in Japanese? The English translation of KH2 is...wonky at best so when it comes to stuff like this I'm skeptical of the dialog. Which isn't to say there's no merit what so ever, as wimpy as Demyx is he was good enough to be a humanoid Nobody and everyone that was in the Org. was there because they were a potential vessel, Demyx included. He may not have necessarily been a 'nort but it doesn't mean he didn't know more than he let on.

This is Demyx we're talking about here. I highly doubt he'd be onto Xemnas's true plans. It's possible his pseudo-heart was more developed than some of the other members', so he probably believed he had one (and it wouldn't be false), but c'mon, this is a guy who sits on his ass playing sitar all day and pushes his workload onto the other members. Even if there was more to him than meets the eye, it wouldn't matter because he only has a few minutes of legitimate screentime and was only there to fill the number IX slot, anyway.