Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Firaga

The World Ends With You: Solo Remix (W/ A Semi-Rant From NGS)

So.....after the WEWY cameo in DDD, we find our friend Neku Saburama and his pals yet again....in a port on the iOS....yay...

I'm not gonna go into "Sqeenix is a piece of shit" mode again, in case you're wondering. Frankly, even if I supported this, I probably wouldn't get the game anyway, so what's the point? I've gotten used to Square Enix's routine by now, so for me, this isn't a blip on my radar, and if it is for someone else....hoo-rah for them.

Anyways, for those who DO care, leave some feedback. Also, I bring to you NeoGameSpark's reaction to this piece of news. Why? Two reasons. 1) He's being less bitchy than he was with Final Fantasy XIII-3's reveal. 2) If you listen, you might agree with his opinion. I see something worthwhile, anyway....

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNYEsh39gqA&feature=g-all-u

Edited by Firaga96

Yeah, I share this guy's opinion. I am not that mad that they ported it to iOS (though they did change the battle system, which I already voiced my opinion about in the announcement thread, and don't feel like restating yet again). What I am mad about, is that they let the hype grow with that danged countdown. If they had just announced it upfront, the negative reaction wouldn't have been nearly as big. Heck, I probably would have been on the other side of this if they had done that. But really, that whole teaser site event just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll be sure to never get my hopes up for a Square Enix announcement again.

I'm a dumbass and thought the app would work on ipod touch as well, so I purchased it with my itunes giftcard and lone and behold it didn't work for my ipod touch, guess I'll just have to get an iphone, i'm due for a new phone anyways :/ whatever though, I've played a lot of Square Enix games but have only purchased one so I guess this is payback D:

Thats the only negativity I have about twewy right now, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion so let this guy rant if he wants to :0 So much drama with this guy lol, but I guess he has a point.

Edited by WakelessDream

Honestly, I was pissed when I realized that all my hype and fanMANing I did was just for an iOS port/remake. Then, I thought "well, this could make it more known. But they could have also announced it for the 3DS. At least that make the countdown seem worthy enough to be excited for." I'd actually by the game again for the new visuals (except i want the originals sprites as an option because the knew redrawn ones look kind of like their from a flash game.) and the new songs and remixes. They said that there was going to be a lot of surprises to come with the announcement, so I was hoping that either what I wanted was going to happen or they were gonna announce a sequel and say something like "The World Ends With You 2! Being developed for the 3DS! And for those who missed out on the cult classic... The World Ends With You will be released for iOS devices with all new HD visuals, new songs and remixes, and much more!"

But unfortunately, that didn't happen. It's just a port/remake that upset many of their veteran fans and changed the combat drastically just for a touch based phone and giant ipod touch.