Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Skai

KH3D Sky Heart's Forecast Guide

In Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, a new system is introduced that shows the different weathers in the game. These different weathers can determine a certain number of things when playing the game and is known as the Forecast System.

Forecast has several features and to keep it simple, I'll divide those special features into key words:

1. "Weather"

2. Special Portal

3. Hidden Effects

1. "Weather"

During your visits in each world you may notice that certain items drop more or you're having a very tough time defeating Dream Eaters and other enemies. This can be explained through "Weather." When you pause the game during a time when you are not in Flow Motion or around enemies you can clearly see the Forecast on the bottom screen of the DS. On the screen you will see the word FORECAST on the top with the L and R arrows surrounding it left and right respectively. Beneath that there is a picture or a Dream Eater on the Left and the name of the world on the right. I'll get to the Dream Eater later.

On the right side, you should notice the world name, such as The Grid, and under it three boxes with the same or different pictures. Each box shows a type of weather that is occurring or will occur in the following 2 drops. This can be verified by the words NOW and NEXT on the left and middle box respectively. The right, obviously would be LATER, if it did have a label. On to the different types!

Types of Weathers:

• Ordinary Day: Just a peaceful, uneventful day. (In other words nothing happens.)
  • Munnystorm: More Munny prizes than usual! (Referring to the Munny Orbs dropped by enemies.)
  • HP Showers: More HP Prizes than usual! (Referring to the HP Orbs dropped by enemies.)
  • Bargain Flurry: Rare items at the shop, plus a 20% discount! (Take advantage of this because of the great deals.)
  • Overcast: Friends and Foes receive a 20% boost in magic. (Self-Explanatory)
  • Treasure Front: More prizes than usual! (Referring to items dropped by enemies.)
  • Risky Winds: Dangerous Drop Speeds and Fearsome Foes! (Drop speed is hastened and enemies are stronger than usual.)
On top of this, each world has its own weather and sometimes could be the same or different from the other worlds. Onto Special Portals!

2. Special Portals

Now onto the left side. On the left side you should see either a silhouette of a Dream Eater with a question mark in the middle or a Dream Eater with it's name right under it with the word DONE! in the middle. Obviously, if it is a silhouette, you have yet to finish this portal and if shows the Dream Eater you have completed it once before. Near the bottom right of this picture there is an arrow pointing to the Nightmare Sigil with a description of the certain Dream Eater followed by the word "sighted!" For example, a KO Kabuto's description would be "Deft deadeye sighted!" Directly underneath this is a Star with the special prize it comes with by completing the objective of the portal. With the method of the "Weather" from the previous section, you can also discover the next Special Portals and the Dream Eaters appearing in these portals for the next two drops.

3. Hidden Effects

On top of all of this there are more effects that appear nowhere in the bottom screen. There are two effects that I have noticed, I don't know if there's more, but I think these are very well worth noting.

First, Creating Spirits:

During the Risky Winds weather, creating higher leveled rank Spirits becomes easier. Risky Winds increase Dream Eater Rank by 1 (if there is a Rank higher than the succeeding one).

Here's the Formula For Creating Spirits:

+ 1 Rank = 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials [or 1x (or 100%) + Risky Winds] = So any A Rank Recipe can produce an S Ranked Spirit.

+ 2 Ranks = 2x (or 200%) Required Materials [or 1.5x (or 150%) + Risky Winds] = So any B Rank Recipe can produce an S Ranked Spirit.

+ 3 Ranks = 3x (or 300%) Required Materials [or 2x (or 200%) + Risky Winds] = So any C Rank Recipe can produce an S Ranked Spirit.

+ 4 Ranks = 5x (or 500%) Required Materials [or 3x (or 300%) + Risky Winds]= So any D Rank Recipe can produce an S Ranked Spirit.

+ 5 Ranks = 5x (or 500%) Required Materials + Risky Winds = So any E ranked Recipe can produce an S Ranked Spirit.

NOTE:

• F Rank Recipes can never yield S Ranked Spirits.
  • E Rank requires 5x (or 500%) of the materials, with the addition of Risky Winds weather to produce an S Ranked Spirit.
  • Risky winds also changes the percentage chance of creating a different Spirit in the Manual Creation section (just under the Recipe Creation section).

For a comprehensive version of what Rank becomes another, here is a detailed list on all possible Recipe Creations.

F Ranked Spirit =

• F Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials
E Ranked Spirit =
  • F Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • F Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • E Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials
D Ranked Spirit =
  • F Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials
  • F Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • E Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • E Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • D Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials
C Ranked Spirit =
  • F Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials
  • F Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • E Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials
  • E Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • D Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • D Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • C Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials
B Ranked Spirit =
  • F Rank Recipe + 5x (or 500%) Required Materials
  • F Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • E Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials
  • E Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • D Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials
  • D Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • C Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • C Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • B Rank Recipe +1x (100%) Required Materials
A Ranked Spirit =
  • F Rank Recipe + 5x (or 500%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • E Rank Recipe + 5x (or 500%) Required Materials
  • E Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • D Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials
  • D Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • C Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials
  • C Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • B Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • B Rank Recipe + 1x(or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • A Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials
S Ranked Spirit =
  • E Rank Recipe + 5x (or 500%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • D Rank Recipe + 5x (or 500%) Required Materials
  • D Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • C Rank Recipe + 3x (or 300%) Required Materials
  • C Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • B Rank Recipe + 2x (or 200%) Required Materials
  • B Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials + Risky Winds
  • A Rank Recipe + 1.5x (or 150%) Required Materials
  • A Rank Recipe + 1x (or 100%) Required Materials + Risky Winds

And Second, is the Drop Gauge:

During certain types of weather, the Drop Gauge is hastened by a certain amount. Based on my experiences this is what I have concluded.

DP Decelerator > None > Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3

Ordinary Day > 1.0 > 0.8 > 0.6 > 0.4

Munnystorm > 1.0 > 0.8 > 0.6 > 0.4

HP Showers > 1.0 > 0.8 > 0.6 > 0.4

Bargain Flurry > 1.0 > 0.8 > 0.6 > 0.4

Overcast > 1.3 > 1.0 > 0.8 > 0.6

Treasure Front > 1.6 > 1.3 > 1.0 > 0.8

Risky Winds > 2.0 > 1.6 > 1.3 > 1.0

So far these are the only two hidden effects I've seen, I will try to look for more as I play the game and hopefully, won't find anything. In my opinion, these hidden effects such as increased Drop Rates can be very annoying and just disrupt the game play (not including The S-Rank Created Spirits).

I hope some people find this useful as I did.

Also, Thanks again to @swordsaintscoot for the initial correction to "Creating Spirits" section and providing the formula.

Edited by Sky Heart

you are incorrect about risky winds, S-ranks can not only be made in risky winds (it is easier though)

risky winds MERELY increases the created dream eater rank by 1.

there is a simple 'formula' if you will about boosting spirit ranks

+1 rank = 150% materals (or risky winds) = so any A rank recipe can be boosted to S

+ 2 ranks = 200% materials (or 150% + risky winds) = so any B rank recipe can be ranked S

+ 3 ranks = 300% materials (or 200% + risky winds) = so any C rank recipe can be ranked S

+ 4 ranks = 500% materials (or 300% + risky winds) = so any D rank recipe can be ranked S

+ 5 ranks = 500% + risky winds = so any E ranked recipe can be ranked S

F rank recipes can never be S rank. E rank requires x5 materials + risky winds. So forth following the above.

Edited by swordsaintscoot