Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Keyblade King 12

Death Note: Another Note. Who is Kira? RP

The year is 2012. In a small town, there exists a high-school class. This would be very normal, if it wasn't for the fact that once a year one of the children in this class was given the power to kill anyone if he or she can figure out that person's real name. This story follows the path that the Kira will take and what the other children in this class will do in order to protect themselves.

Snow sat back in his desk, staring up at the white ceiling. The teacher spoke about mathematics, while most of the class either slept or misbehaved. He'd rather it not be that way, because he actually liked math, in a sense. When you get down to it, there's only one variable that you have to find, that can change drastically, should you decide to modify a number in the equation. The answer was in the question itself, and you had to think to find the answer hidden within the question. He would've loved to pay attention, but it was impossible to without other kids screaming and swearing. He blew out a sigh, which caused his bangs to float a few centimeters above his face. You could also use the formula in math with any other subject. For instance: figuring out Kira's identity. You had to break it down; analyze the deaths, see if there's a certain way he likes to kill his victims, then examine the person who you expected to be Kira. There had to be something that could give them away. But Kira has to be cunning, smart. They would think you suspect them, and end your life with a few strokes of a pen. Snow smirked. He was curious to see what it would be like to be Kira, even if just for a short time.

Joseph Schreiber scribbled away in his red notebook. He loved to write. It was his primary passion. He scribbled a few sentences that explained the climax of his story, the murder of the main character's friend at the hands of an axe-wielding psychopath. He put the pencil down and cracked his knuckles. He felt the paper. Feeling it warm from his quick strokes, he smirked. It was good practice to become a writer, and not just one of those authors whose books never hit the big shelves, never saw hardcover. He was going to amaze society, ever since his brother's death. It wasn't Joseph's dream, per se, it was his brothers. It was his duty to carry out his dream and avenge his death. If he ever found out who Kira was, he'd kill them, with no regret or remorse. He picked up the pencil and continued writing, describing how the main character defeated the axe-wielder by valiantly taking the axe from him and slicing him to bits. He had to admit that he himself was at least a bit psychotic, but when fueled by revenge and adrenaline and a one-track mind, who could blame the main character for avenging his friend? Joseph couldn't.

Jabby payed close attention during math class. There was going to be a test. His grades were going down because his fear of Kira, and the test could boost his grades up. But Jabby wasn't always like this. Before the rumors started, he got good grades, part of chess club, anything you could think a "chess geek" would be in. Once the rumors started, however, Jabby quit all of them. He didn't want to make enemies out of anyone, so he quit competitive things. Jabby felt his thoughts traveling away from the math class. He opened his three-subject notebook and turned to the last page. Although he was afraid, he was also observant. On the top of the paper were three words written in his neat printing : Who is Kira? He wasn't getting any luck. Everything else was blank. What was he supposed to do? He couldn't just ask people, "Hey, are you Kira? Just wanted to know. Thanks!" Jabby lifted up his head groggily. Things that scared him made him tired. When he got tired, he'd get sick. If he got sick, he wouldn't be able to go to school. No school, no job. A terrible thought was polluted in his head, What if people think that I'M Kira?"

Edited by solantap

Logan was sitting in front of math class and tried to listen teacher, but it was hard since these days nobody knows how to behave.

"Honestly with people these days" Logan thought and then he got hitted by piece of paper.

"Kira is coming", that was only thing what Logan could read from it and looked behind. There were some boys smirking on Logan and he knew that he shouldn't waste his time with guys like that. "Hah Kira, the most stupid thing I have heard, there is nothing supernatural in this world"

Logan was solving one math formula and then thought: "Science, math, anything like that can explain those deaths if somebody would investigate those"

Edward fiddled with his pencils and started doodling on a scrap piece of paper, although the teacher was talking about Maths, there didn't seem to be a person in the room who was actually listening. Edward didn't even need two guesses to realise what they were thinking about. The legendary 'Kira Curse' was on everyone's minds. How could it not be? The ability to kill might just well belong to someone in this very classroom. Now that was interesting.

'Killing any person they desired on a whim. Such power...yeah, sure, I would want it. There's not many people who would honestly say they wouldn't, but having that ability and then becoming a monster using it. That's a different story. That's the kind of distinction you have to make.'

Edward finished his doodles, which seemed to be actually quite detailed drawings. They showed a masked figure walking into the distance leaving a trail of blood behind him.

Who is Kira? Even if Jabby knew, it wouldn't help. What would he do if he knew? If Kira knew that Jabby knew who Kira was, then Kira would definitely kill Jabby. It would get even worse if he told people who Kira was. It was a confusing thought. But I don't have to tell anyone that that person is Kira... Jabby thought to himself. Some lives to spare. But Jabby was thinking ahead, and he knew it. How in the world would he find out who Kira is? Jabby looked down to his notebook. Who is Kira? That thought now polluted his mind as he roughly scratched his head, some strands of his hair falling off. Well...who's the most suspicious person in this classroom. He almost slapped himself. Me, of course! I quit all those activities, things that I love. Why wouldn't people think that I'm Kira? But I'm not... Everyone knew Jabby as the class nerd, but his grades going down was going to make him a suspicious character. He grabbed his pencil and started to write the most suspicious people in his class, including himself. Edited by solantap

Snow drummed his pencil softly to the beat of his favorite song, which was, unsurprisingly, Snow's Theme from Final Fantasy XIII. Tap, tap, tap, tap... tap tap, tap... he was beginning to become off-key, and felt something hit his hand. It was a crumpled piece of paper. He let go of the pencil, causing it to roll down the desk. He unfurled the paper. It said, "I Know You're Kira". Snow chuckled. I wish, he thought lucidly. He picked up his pencil and wrote, "Who told you?", and making it seem quickly scrawled for extra emphasis. He crumpled it back up, and threw it back across the room.

Joseph was snapped from his writing when something hit his head.The crumpled piece of paper tumbled onto his desk. He unfurled it. It said, "I know you're Kira," on one side, and on different handwriting below it, "Who told you?" He sighed and tore the paper to shreds. The teacher cleared his throat, giving him a stern stare before returning to the blackboard. He swept the shreds off his paper and continued writing. He scrawled a few more sentences when a paper landed on his desk. He groaned inwardly and unfurled the paper. This handwriting was much different than any student's, and in cursive, it said, "Having Fun, Kira?" He suspected it was just another douchebag playing tricks with him, and crumpled the paper back up. He threw it. And it hit Snow in the back of his head.

Snow felt yet another piece of paper hit him. That's it. I can't take this anymore. He thought, enraged. He stood up, alerting the classroom as a result, and his eyes immediately locked on to the person who threw the paper. He stormed over to his desk. "You got a problem with me, punk?" He stared down into Joseph's eyes, who immediately shrank back. He picked him up hy the collar of his shirt, and, oddly, the teacher was just now taking notice.

A lump formed in Joseph's throat. He was being held three feet in the air by a classmate, poised to throw him across the room. His hands clamped on Snow's wrist, trying to push it way, to no avail. "Snow! Put him down!" The teacher finally said rather nervously. Apparently, the teachers feared him too.

"Screw this," Snow said, but actually said something worse than 'screw'. He dropped Joseph, who landed sideways on his desk. Joseph groaned in pain. Snow pushed the teacher aside, who landed in an awkward position on another student's desk. He stormed out of the room.

Joseph's vision blurred from the pain. He caught his breath, due to Snow's asphyxiating him. He was surprised that he wasn't on the verge of tears from this pain. He heard the door slam, and the class murmured amongst one another. Joseph managed to get off the desk and onto the cold floor. He drew a shuddering breath as he tried to move his leg, but a flare of pain shot through it. He groaned as the pain receptors flooding his brain caused a headache. He closed his eyes.

(Sorry if this screws up somebody's plan, I was getting rather bored of the normal classroom routine. And if you did have one, it could still be in affect after this post, since I plan for Joseph to wake in the Nurse's office, so class could resume as normal.)

Logan watched how Snow stormed around in class. After Snow slammed door shut Logan raised up and said: "I will get him back here. Just wait"

Logan sighed and adjusted his glasses and left from class. Logan followed Snow and catched up on him.

"Why to get so angry, Snow? People are stupid these days, everybody fears Kira and actually scares themselves more by spreading those rumors. You shouldn't take that shit so seriously" Logan said to Snow. "Say should we just prove that whole curse is lie?"

----------------------------------------------------

Trash got down when Snow snapped in class and thought: "I hate that guy, guys like those would be perfect food for Kira"

Trash tried to focus on math, but he couldn't when whole class was uneasy.

"Why these people even care?"

Edward cursed and went down to Joseph, checking his breathing and trying to make sure he was alright. "Sir, I'm bringing Joseph to the nurse's office!" He said, bringing Joseph up on his shoulders and carrying the injured student out of the classroom and towards the west side of the school. The teacher didn't try to stop him; he was probably too busy cowering in a corner to worry about two more students leaving his class.

"Miss Hatori!" Edward cried, coming into the office. The female school nurse stood attentively with a 'ready for anything' attitude. Edward laid Joseph out on a bed, as per Miss' instructions and from there, the nurse made sure to check the boy's vitals. She told Edward, Joseph would be fine but kept him behind to ask him questions.

"So, how did this happen although judging by the signs, I doubt I even need to ask." She said sarcastically.

"Snow. He suddenly took up a fight with Joseph and well, I suppose you can't blame him. Everyone's been on edge since the school year began, it was only a matter of time until one of us snapped. I guess Snow was the obvious choice for that role."

Miss Hatori nodded, "Yeah, I guess you're right. It's not a much of an excuse but being in that situation myself...well I know how that can be...you can stay here until Joseph wakes up Ed. I'll make tea."

"Thanks."

Jabby was stilled shocked from what just happened. He looked down to his notebook. Snow and Joesph. While writing the names down on his suspicious person list, he felt a thump on the back of his head. He turned his head swiftly left and right, and then back down to his desk. A piece of crumbled paper. Slowly, Jabby started to unwrap the paper. He didn't know why he was afraid. He just thought he should be. The words were in messy cursive, messy yet neat. I know you are Kira. Confess. No, I'm not! Jabby thought to himself. It reminded himself as the whiny five year old he used to be. He turned the paper around and wrote , "Kira? Hah...no." Jabby noticed his body temperature rising. Should he throw this? Who sent the letter? Jabby just presumed that it must have been one of the annoying persons of the class. He tore the paper to shreds. Jabby brushed the shreds off his table, gently. But he was still nervous. He felt a lump in his throat. Jabby raised his hand up. "Sir, may I please use the restroom?" The teacher didn't even nod, he just stared at Jabby, as if a monster. Jabby shrugged it off and walked out of the classroom.

~

Jabby ran to the restroom. He felt an unspeakable fear. He entered one of the stalls and retched. A bit of his breakfast came out. He threw himself backward to the stall door and panted heavily. Kira is everywhere. What if there's two? Four? Eight hundred? The room started to smell horrid. Jabby closed his eyes for a few moments, and sighed.

Snow stopped, turning around to face the boy. "I don't think it would help." He said, struggling to stay calm. He sighed and cracked his knuckles, and continued walking. He hoped the boy wouldn't follow, Snow had problems of his own. He went to the basement floor and opened a door, which the janitors alwasy left unlocked, into a long hallway. The floor was solid concrete, and janitor tools lay strewn. The hall wasn't that long, and only had a few doors, which was a storage closet, the boiler room, and the power room. There was also a collapsible ladder used to climb to the roof. He reached up and pulled it down, and climbed up to the roof. He opened the latch, and pulled himself up, shutting it behind him. He went over to the edge of the building, and sat there, his legs hanging off the edge. It was his favorite place to think whenever he was irritated or sad. Most of the time, he is, due to the loss of his parents just a year back. He had to live with his sister until he was old enough to move out, or had gathered enough to pay rent to stay. He looked up at the sky, where the clouds had covered the sun. He hoped he wouldn't have to stay here too long.

Joseph's eyes flung open and sat up instantly. His eyes focused, and he saw a collection of cots were lined up. "Be careful," Miss Hatori said. "Don't exert yourself. You have a bruise on your ankle from hitting the desk in such an awkward fashion. You should be fine, but it will hurt to walk for a few day--" She cut herself off when he stood up. "Feels fine." He murmured, but then, the pain hit him. He didn't make it clear to Miss Hatori, because she would force him back on the cot. "So, who dragged me here?" He said, his eyes looking in to hers. "Umm, Edward, I think his name is, did. But can you tell me what happened?" She asked. Joseph sighed, and recited how it went, best to his memory. "Mhmm..." She said, making a mental note. "If you want, you can report this." Joseph shook his head. "It's not his fault. I should have expected he'd react that way. I'd probably have done the same." She smiled. "You sure?" She asked for clarification. "Yeah, I'm sure." He looked over to her desk, where Edward was standing. "Can you do me a favor and not report this? I just don't need this drama, and, I can't blame him."

Logan followed Snow although he knew that Snow didn't like it.

"So this is where you like to spend your time?" Logan asked adjusted his glasses better. "This is not half bad place" Logan continued and felt gentle breeze.

"So Snow, I'm pretty sure that you don't believe in Kira, right?" Logan asked with little bit careful tone since he didn't know Snow so well.

"I'M FED UP WITH THIS SHIT!" Trash shouted in glass room and kicked his bench over. "YOU ALL TRYING TO BE NORMAL HERE ALTHOUGH YOU KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU! YOU ARE ALL GRAZY!" Trash continued shouting and his eyes were full of nervousness.

Ed smiled sympathetically. "Ready to go back to class?" He asked Joseph, opening up the door of the nurse's office. The two headed out into the winding corridors of the school. Since Joseph's and Snow's fight it had gotten late. The sun was beginning to blaze a brilliant red casting an odd light upon the school, which Edward couldn't help being reminded looked exactly like the colour of blood.

School would be finished for the day and then it was the Weekend. "So," Ed said to Joseph, who hadn't said anything since they had left the nurse's office. "We've just about finished our first week in the cursed classroom and no one's died yet. Feel like a victory party?" Edward was joking, not something he should really do considering his sense of humour. Although he was simply trying to lighten the mood. And he did want to throw a party. Anything to relieve the tension currently going on in the school. "We're at school, we should be having fun, not fearing for our lives."

Snow groaned audibly, sighed, and looked down. "It's ridiculous. A guy armed with just a black notebook responsible for the death of hundreds? You think somebody would try to defend themselves." He cracked his knuckles and stood up. "Anyway, is it really necessary to follow me? Is it too much to ask to be left alone for 5 minutes, at least?" He turned away from Logan, and walked towards the small door the janitor used if they didn't have the energy to use the ladder. He placed his foot on the door knob, grabbed on to the ledge of the higher roof, and lifted himself up. He stood on the higher roof, overlooking the parking lot, when something caught his eye. A black police cruiser. "Shit!" He said as he crouched. Although it wasn't surprising to see him here, he was still nervous.

Joseph chuckled. "You think school's fun? It's Hell, if not worse. We have to work, do what the teachers say, and, well, I'm not one who likes to be told what to do. That coupled with the fact that Kira could be among us just exponentially increases my stress, if you couldn't tell by looking at me. But of course, you don't know what I do when I'm stressed; I write."

(I'm going to fill out a character sheet for the cop, because I felt like roleplaying as another character.)