Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
coolwings

Text Three Chosen Warriors (FF and KH)

Hello all, I have come up with my next story..... This story has KH and FF characters in it but it has nothing to do with their epic stories....

(Edited by: Naught.)

Prolouge

In an endlessly dark space, previously void of all light, a shimmering light now shines. A crystal floats aimlessly in the middle of nothingness. As a shining figure on the crystal glances downwards, grasping the giant crystal, he checks the three bodies inside.

"Ventus..." the figure says, looking at the first body.

"Xion..." he says secondly.

As the figure's gaze passes to the last body, he stops immediately. "This is what you have chosen?" The figure says, looking up into the dark space. "Yes... Sephiroth."

"You three... will be our saviours... you will accomplish... what I could not..." The figure says summoning his sword while pushing away from the crystal.

He points the tip of his sword at the crystal, just scraping the edges of it, and shoots out three lights, separating the three bodies into a crystal each.

Then, out of the back of each of the crystals, three more beams shoot out, one from each crystal. These lights travel out into the vast expanse of space until they are no longer in sight. Then suddenly, in three concurrent explosions, the lights begin to expand into full sized planets. The three crystals then align themselves with the planets they had just created. The figure then uses the last of his energy to send the crystals towards their own planets. "Accomplish what I could not..." he said before disappearing....

Edited by: Naught

Chapter 1

Hope flung himself over the broken pieces of rock, cutting his hand on the edge of one of them as he deftly dodged a barrage of incoming bullets. He took cover behind a giant, fractured piece of red, shining crystal. "Hope! Over here!" called out a girl hiding behind a bunch of rubble. Hope ran over towards her, dodging both the bullets that were flying around and the chunks of crystal that littered the ground.

"Vanille, watch out!" shouted Hope, noticing a soldier sneaking up on the girl.

Vanille quickly drew her weapon and killed the soldier. "What do we do?" Vanille asked. "We can't fight all of them."

Hope nodded. "But we can hide."

The red crystal rubble they were hiding behind began to fracture even more due to the soldiers’ bullets. Hope knew that they couldn’t stay there for much longer, but luckily he noticed some stairs leading deeper into the Bresha Ruins. "Follow me!" Hope shouted.

They jumped out from the crystals and rushed towards the stairs. Hundreds of soldiers and ferocious monsters started chasing them. When they reached the top of the stairs, Hope ran across a ledge. When he found the right place he jumped onto an adjacent wall. It was hard for him to grip at first, with the blood running out of his cut hand, but he soon adapted as he used the small cracks in the wall to his advantage.

"Vanille, come on!" Hope yelled, looking at the fast approaching soldiers. As the soldiers fired at Hope, a small division chased after Vanille. She outran them though and jumped onto the wall. Hope moved along the wall until he found a place that provided cover from the soldiers’ bullets. After realizing this, the soldiers then began jumping on the wall, ready to pursue them. Hope and Vanille continued climbing along the wall until there was another ledge to jump down to.

"How will we escape?" Vanille asked, falling onto the ledge.

"We just need to keep moving!" Hope replied, after jumping down and getting ready to run again.

"Can't we just wait here?" said Vanille.

"No they might have seen us coming this way. We can't risk it." answered Hope. Just then he points to a big open space with lots of soldiers searching around. "OK. On the count of three we will run through them and escape through the maze of crystals ahead."

Vanille stands up getting ready to run. "OK... 1..... 2.....3. GO!"

They both start sprinting through the area. Hope heads for the left side that is covered in crystals and Vanille runs through the middle. Vanille starts screaming to surprise the soldiers. By the time the soldiers realised what was going on, Hope and Vanille had both made it into the maze of crystals.

"They will never find-" Vanille starts.

"Shut up!" Hope whispered.

By now the soldiers had realized what had happened and entered the maze. Hope and Vanille kept moving throughout the ever twisting corridors. "There is no way out of these ruins..." Hope said, getting ready to give up.

"No... Hope we mustn't give up... There has to be a way out..." Vanille said grabbing Hope by the shoulders.

They continued to run through the crystal maze until they entered another open area. In it there was one crystal in the center, surrounded by other crystals. This particular crystal wasn't like the others. Every crystal they had seen up until now was red, but this crystal was light blue.

Hope turned around to see if any soldiers were approaching but then he heard Vanille scream. She was looking at the crystal with horror on her face. Hope could hear some soldiers nearby catching up to them. They must have heard Vanille’s scream!

"Vanille! What is it?" Hope whispered in a not-so-quiet way.

Vanille just pointed at the crystal and Hope realized that there was a body inside. The body was of a man who looked both strong and terrifying, like something Hope had never seen before. That must have been why Vanille screamed.

Suddenly hundreds of soldiers appeared from the crystals behind them. Hope and Vanille were trapped........

EDITED BY: Naught

Chapter Two.

A soldier pulled out a megaphone. “Drop to the ground with your hands in the air! I repeat, drop to the ground with your hands in the air!”

Knowing that there was no alternative, Vanille followed the orders and dropped to the ground immediately. Hope however, didn't budge. He completely ignored the soldiers and continued staring at the crystal behind him. Suddenly, it began to shake ever so slightly and made a high pitched noise that echoed throughout the ruins, which none of the soldiers seemed to hear.

Vanille tugged at the bottom of Hope’s shirt. “We have to do what they say!"

"I repeat! Drop to the ground with your hands in the air, or we shoot!" the megaphone blared. The soldier aimed their guns at Hope and Vanille.

"Hope!" Vanille yelled.

Hope ignored them; he was fixated on the crystal before him. The noise emanating from the crystal suddenly began to intensify to such a point that the soldiers could now hear it.

'What is that noise?' Hope heard a soldier say. ‘Is it coming from that crystal?' another soldier replied.

Vanille realized what was happening and stood up next to Hope.

"Hope they are going to shoot!" Vanille said.

Suddenly they heard a loud noise come from across the room which was accompanied by a giant monster smashing through a crystal. As the solders swiftly moved aside to give the monster a path, it quickly became evident that the monster was a tracking beast trained by the soldiers. The monster then charged at Vanille. She screamed as she jumped backwards towards the crystal. As her hand collided with the crystal, it began to glow with the most ethereal light.

The monster lunged at Vanille and she screamed again. But just then a long sword passed over her and cut the monster in half.

Vanille looked up to see the crystal had vanished and the man that was encased inside of it had been freed.

The soldiers were surprised and responded with the traditional “shoot first, ask questions later” mentality. The mysterious man, however, blocked every bullet. Hope run over to Vanille and helped her to her feet, getting her away from the danger.

Hope and Vanille ran to a nearby red crystal and hid behind it as the man mercilessly killed the soldiers. After seeing the immense power that the man had, the small amount of soldiers that remained alive retreated back into the maze of crystals.

"Who-What is he?" Vanille asked. "Is he going to attack us?" Hope didn't reply, he just stood there watching the man. "Is he a god?" Vanille asked, finally getting Hope’s attention.

"I don't think so..." Hope replied. "But he isn't human."

The man turned to where Hope and Vanille were hiding and slowly began to walk towards them. "Do we run?" Vanille asked, sounding scared as the mysterious man came closer and closer.

Before Hope could reply, the man was already standing before them. "​Are you alright?" the man asked.

Vanille was scared by his strong and deadly voice, and she took a step back. "Who are you?" Hope asked.

The man hesitated. "Sephiroth."

As soon as he said that a giant wing spawned out of his left arm. Vanille screamed and Hope took a step backwards."Do you want to get out of here?" Sephiroth asked, extending his hand out to Hope.

Vanille tried to pull Hope back but he grabbed Sephiroth's hand. "Vanille... We should go with him..." Hope said turning back to Vanille.

Sephiroth held out his other hand. Vanille was unsure about trusting this man. “Vanille we have no other choice of getting out!” Hope said. “He saved us!” Vanille grabbed Sephiroth’s hand, but was cautious as she took hold.

As soon as Hope and Vanille were wrapped around Sephiroth's warm and comfortable body, he jumped into the air and took flight.

As they soared into the air Hope and Vanille could see the Bresha ruins in its entirety. As they flew further away from the ruins, they could see the crystallised Lake Bresha. “What were you doing down there?” Sephiroth said looking down at the lake.

“We were victims of the purge…” Hope answered. “Why were you in that crystal?”

Sephiroth turned his face away from the boy, trying to cover his face. “I… don’t know.”

“Oh…. Well, Vanille and I can help you figure that out-“

“No.” Sephiroth said firmly, ending the conversation.

After what seemed like hours of flying, they finally left Bresha completely. They flew along the sea for a while until Sephiroth saw a village in the distance near a beach. “I will drop you off here.” Sephiroth said, as he began to loosen his grip on Hope and Vanille.

“Wait” Hope said, tightening his grip on Sephiroth arm. “Can’t we go with you?”

“No. I can’t have kids getting in my way.” Sephiroth said letting go of Vanille and Hope a little way from the shallows of the beach.

“Wait!” Hope said, as Sephiroth pushed him away.

Hope and Vanille swam towards the beach as Sephiroth flew off. When Hope and Vanille reached dry land, they collapsed on the beach. Vanille turned to Hope. “I don’t like him.” She said. “I don’t like him one bit.”

Edited by coolwings

(Chapter 3 coming soon...... Sorry for the late posts)

Characters in the story..... so far:

Hope: http://images.wikia....anging_Edge.png

Vanille: http://www.dualshock...nille_large.png

Sephiroth: http://www.fightersg...-crisiscore.jpg

I will post new characters that pop up throughout the story, on my first post....

Chapter 3

“I think I know that village.” Hope said, almost pretending like he didn’t hear what Vanille had said. “That village is Bodum.”

Hope remembered going to the village once with his mother on the day before the Purge. Everything seemed so peaceful then, when he and his mother gazed up into the stars and could see the countless reflections of them on the still ocean water. Little did he know that night would become the last night he would spend with his mother. That was the night when the soldiers came and took his mother’s life. That was the night when the Purge began. Vanille on the other hand, could not remember anything from before the Purge. All she knew was a world in which the Purge was a reality.

As Hope and Vanille wandered through Bodum, a man named Gadot found them. Thinking they looked a little lost, Gadot invited Hope and Vanille into his house, which was already filled with people.

“So, how did you kids get here?” Gadot asked while showing them to their seats.

“We were victims in the Purge…” Hope answered sitting down with Vanille.

“What!” Gadot said. “I was there as well! How did you kids manage to escape?”

“I don’t know…”Hope said. “When the place was destroyed I just remember waking up on a crystalized version of Bresha Lake.”

“What about you?” Gadot asked looking at Vanille.

Vanille hadn’t said much after Sephiroth had left them on the beach. It was like she had changed completely. “I don’t know, I can’t even remember anything about before the Purge…” She said, looking lost.

“After that though, we went to Bresha ruins.” Hope said. “Some soldiers from the Purge found us. They were on clean up duty, to remove everything from the Purge… Including us. They chased us until a man from a crystal rescued us.”

“A man from a crystal?” said one of Gadot’s friends, Lebreau, as she brought over drinks for everyone.

“Yeah, his name was Sephiroth.” Vanille said, accepting a drink from Lebreau.

“Hmm. He doesn’t sound too nice.” Gadot said. “Well at least you kids are safe.”

After Hope and Vanille had a drink and something to eat, Yuj, another one of Gadot’s friends, showed them to their room. “You two can stay here for the night.” Yuj said, switching on the light as they walked into the room.

Vanille looked around the room, it was empty except for two beds at opposite ends. “Tomorrow we were thinking of helping you two back to your hometown.” Yuj said. “So don’t worry and get some sleep.”

Hope and Vanille nodded and jumped into their beds. “What a long day....” Hope whispered, after Yuj had left.

“Yeah….” Vanille agreed. “Are you concerned about Sephiroth?”

“A bit… But he is strong and can protect himself.” Hope replied. “It’s weird… I have this strange feeling that we should have gone with him…”

“Same! It’s weird I feel sort of connected to him…” Vanille agreed.

“But I thought that you didn’t like him?” Hope asked.

“I know but...” Vanille replied. “I thought about it and maybe I was wrong, maybe he is a good person after all. Do you think we will ever see him again?”

“I don’t know…” Hope said. “We should get some sleep though. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

“Mom!” Hope yelled as he awoke after having a nightmare about his mother dying. Suddenly, there was a loud bang that woke Vanille up. “What was that?” She asked, getting out of her bed.

“Let’s check it out!” Hope said, taking the lead.

As Hope and Vanille were just about to exit their room another loud noise shook the house. “You must not go this way!” said a girl appearing in the centre of their room.

Vanille screamed from the surprise and Hope jumped backwards. “Who are you?” Hope said regaining his balance.

“My name is Yuel.” the girl said. “Sephiroth is in danger, you must help him!”

“Sephiroth!?” Vanille said.

“Where is he?” Hope asked.

“He is in Valhalla.” Yuel said. “You must hurry!”

“Why us?” Vanille asked.

“You have been chosen!” Yuel said. She pointed her hand at the ground and a gate appeared. “Go through there and you shall be in Valhalla.”

Hope was ready; he wanted to help Sephiroth even though he wasn’t sure how he would be able to help.

“Hope?” Vanille said, grabbing his arm. “We should help him.”

Hope was surprised Vanille wanted to go. “Ok.” Hope nodded.

Yuel smiled and vanished, leaving Hope and Vanille alone with the gate. “Let’s go.” Hope said, walking up to the shining gate and proceeding through it.

Edited by coolwings

These characters are from FF13 right? :)

Yeah well except for Sephiroth, but other characters will join including some from Kingdom Hearts....

I will post a picture of the characters in the story and say what game they are from soon on my first post...

Edited By: Naught

Chapter 4

When Hope opened his eyes he saw a massive city. He guessed that it was Valhalla. The buildings looked ancient but the world looked empty. Hope saw that he and Vanille were falling out of the sky and began to struggle. “Vanille!” Hope shouted, reaching out to Vanille.

Hope saw a dark shape travelling through the sky and another dark shape chasing it. The shape being chased dived into the air and caught Hope and Vanille. Hope looked at the man who had caught him and realised it was Sephiroth. “What are you doing here?” Sephiroth said, while placing them on a building nearby.

“You sent for us?” Vanille answered, dropping to the ground.

“No, I didn’t.”

The dark shape chasing Sephiroth collided with him and slammed him into the air. After Sephiroth was out of range the man pointed his giant sword at Vanille. Hope jumped between the weapon and Vanille, and he drew his Boomerang weapon. The man swung he sword and Hope blocked the attack but he was knocked to the wall behind him. Nothing was in front of Vanille to block the next attack but then a spiral of light circled Vanille and the man’s weapon rebounded.

“Vanille?” Hope said staring at the light. “What is that?”

The man jumped forward to attack Vanille again but Sephiroth dived down and pushed the man out of the way. “Run!” Sephiroth shouted, colliding swords with the man.

Hope jumped up and grabbed Vanille’s hand. “Let’s go!” Hope said and Vanille nodded.

They ran along the building until they reached the other side. “Jump!” Hope said preparing himself. Hope and Vanille both jumped off the building and a flying monster picked them up.

A girl, who was about six years older than Hope and Vanille, was also riding the monster. “Who are you?” the girl asked.

“I’m Vanille and this is Hope.” Vanille said before Hope could answer, because Hope was to busy staring at the girls beautiful body.

“Name’s Lightning!” the girl said, steering the monster to fly higher. “What are you kids doing here?”

“We are here to help Sephiroth!” Vanille said.

“Sephiroth?” replied Lightning. “That man with the wing?”

Vanille nodded as she watched Sephiroth battle the man with the big sword. “Who is that?” asked Vanille pointing at Sephiroth’s opponent.

“Caius! He has the heart of Chaos.” Lightning answered. “Why are you helping Sephiroth?”

“He saved us before, a girl named Yeul told us to come here.” Hope answered, cutting past Vanille.

“Yeul!” said Lightning stopping the monster. “This is a trap you must get out of here!”

Sephiroth jumped to a ledge dodging Caius’s attack. “Give it up, minion of darkness, you cannot defeat me!” Caius said, sending a blast of darkness at Sephiroth, which Sephiroth then dodged.

“I do not harbour darkness! I was chosen as a warrior!” Sephiroth said, clashing swords with Caius.

“Ignorant fool!” Caius said. “You have forgotten your past already?”

Sephiroth soared into the air and sent dark beams from his sword. Caius then dived down and through his sword at a building creating large boulders around him, blocking Sephiroth’s attack.

“My past?” Sephiroth said while he destroyed the remains of the building as they flew at him.

“Haha, yes.... Caius said. “You weren’t always the good guy!”

Sephiroth dove down towards Caius but he blocked Sephiroth attack at sent him flying into another building. “Time is running short. I must be off.” Caius smiled, landing on a ledge nearby.

“Wait!” Sephiroth shouted, jumping towards Caius. But he vanished as Sephiroth approached.

Lightning jumped out of the air sending a beam of light down at Sephiroth. “Lightning?” Vanille said. “No!”

The beam hit Sephiroth directly forcing him towards the ground, the ledge he was standing on was destroyed and lots of small remains fell down with him.

Hope leaned over the edge of the monster and saw Sephiroth being attacked. “What is she doing?”

As Sephiroth fell, Lightning chased after him. Sephiroth had taken lots of damage but he regained his balance and delivered a strong blow at Lightning, which forced her into the air.

“Why are you here?” Lightning said diving back down towards Sephiroth. “Why are you in Valhalla?”

“Lightning, No!” Hope shouted, but they were out of range for her to hear him.

Sephiroth saw Hope and Vanille on the flying monster and flew towards them. Lightning noticed what Sephiroth was doing and quickly and dashed towards him.

“Leave them alone!” Lightning shouted, sending another beam of light at Sephiroth.

Sephiroth quickly turned around and blocked the attack, sending mini explosions around him. Lightning then jumped up and clashed swords with Sephiroth. “Die minion of Caius!” Lightning shouted.

“I am no minion of that man!” Sephiroth shouted back.

Lightning jumped away onto the flying monster. “Liar!”

“Lightning, he isn’t lying he saved us!” Vanille said grabbing Lightning’s arm.

Last chapter for a week........

Edited by coolwings

Seeing as how I cant edit my first post, for some reason, I am going to just up date it throughout the posts.....

Characters in the story..... so far:

Hope Final Fantasy XIII: http://images.wikia....anging_Edge.png

Vanille Final Fantasy XIII: http://www.dualshock...nille_large.png

Sephiroth Final Fantasy VII: http://www.fightersg...-crisiscore.jpg

Yuel Final Fantasy XIII-2: http://andriasang.co...omega/23mjg.jpg

Gadot Final Fantasy XIII: http://images2.fanpo...271-414-444.jpg

Lebreau Final Fantasy XIII: http://static.zeroch...9/26/156339.jpg

Yuj Final Fantasy XIII: http://images.wikia....01/Yuj-Yuge.jpg

Caius Final Fantasy XIII-2: http://images.wikia....er_FFXIII-2.png

Lightning Final Fantasy XIII-2: http://images.wikia....ng_FFXIII-2.png

Edited by coolwings

And here it is! Sorry for the long wait....

Chapter 5

Lightning held out her hand to Sephiroth after finding out he was Hope and Vanille’s friend. “Sorry, I’m Lightning.”

Sephiroth smiled but didn’t touch the girl’s hand. “Hmph!” Sephiroth said turning away and soaring in to the air.

“Sephiroth wait!” Vanille shouted, but he simply ignored her.

Lightning steered the flying monster to follow Sephiroth as he flew off. “Come with me, we need to talk!” Lightning shouted, catching up to Sephiroth.

Sephiroth stopped and followed Lightning as they flew towards the biggest building in Valhalla. Vanille was happy Sephiroth followed them. For some reason she felt safe whenever she was around him.

They soon reached a building and entered it through a large ledge space. Lightning turned to Sephiroth. “Why are you here?” Lightning asked. “And why did you bring these kids with you?”

Sephiroth hesitated and then raised his hand pointing at Hope and Vanille. “I didn’t bring them along. They followed me here.”

“We wanted to help you!” Vanille shouted passed Lightning.

“Hmph! You only get in my way!”

“Stop!” Lightning shouted, as she pushed away Vanille from saying anything more. “Why are you in Valhalla?”

Sephiroth hesitated again, walking closer to Lightning. “Caius… He said he could give me answers about my past…”

Sephiroth and Vanille’s eyes met and Vanille had a weird, tingling feeling inside her. She became increasingly concerned about Sephiroth, as she hadn’t remembered much about her past as well.

Lightning clamped her fist. “Caius… You shouldn’t trust him!” Lightning said. “You should get out of here!”

“Sure… I’ll go then…” Sephiroth said turning towards the exit.

“Wait!” shouted Vanille, running up to Sephiroth and grabbing his hand.

“Vanille?” Hope said, looking confusedly at her.

“What? I want to go with him!”

“You can’t!” Sephiroth shouted back, pushing away Vanille’s hand. “I can’t have kids getting in my way.”

“Hmm, what are you going to do?” Lightning asked, pulling Vanille away.

“Why do you care?” Sephiroth replied, like he was expecting the question.

“Well I don’t want ego maniacs getting in my way!” Lightning said sternly.

Sephiroth smiled and continued walking towards the exit. “Why are you here?” Vanille asked, turning to Lightning.

Lightning hesitated and Sephiroth stopped walking towards the exit. “I am here to protect the goddess Etro!”

“Etro!” Sephiroth shouted.

“The goddess is the ruler of the world.” a girl voice said, but it was neither Vanille or Lightning.

Lightning summoned her weapon at looked around the room. “Who’s there?!” Lightning shouted.

“Yuel!” Hope shouted, looking at the girl who had just appeared behind him.

“So it’s you, Yuel!” Lightning said pointing her sword at the girl. “What are you doing here?”

Yuel took a step back, out of range so Lightning couldn’t attack her. “I am here to deliver a message…”

“Hmph!” Lightning muttered, preparing to strike.

“Caius is about to destroy the pillar…” Yuel said pointing at the world which was connected to the world they were in by a single crystal pillar.

“Cocoon! Serah!” Lightning shouted.

“What?” Vanille said, staring at Lightning.

“Cocoon… the world is protected by a crystal pillar that my sister, Serah holds up. If the pillar were to be destroyed…” Lightning said.

“…It will crash into our world…” Yuel continued.

“I don’t believe you!” Lightning said, turning back to Yuel.

“Well… Who would you rather protect? Serah or Etro” Yuel replied.

Edited by coolwings

Chapter 6

Lightning’s eyes widened. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. “You wouldn’t!” Lightning shouted, pointing her sword at Yeul. “Why are you helping Caius? You want to destroy the world?!”

“The Three Chosen Warriors!” said Yeul.

Sephiroth stopped and turned towards Yeul. “What!?” Sephiroth asked with an underlying tone of surprise.

“We live in a shadow!” said Yeul. “Caius is saving us from being eternally stuck here!”

“Caius! Is he at the pillar?” Sephiroth said.

“Yes…”

“What are you going to do?” Lightning said to Sephiroth. He, however, ignored her and ran towards the ledge of the building.

“Wait!” Vanille shouted chasing after Sephiroth as he spawned his wing. She was too slow however and by the time she had approached where Sephiroth was once standing, he had already flown off.

“Shouldn’t you follow him? You want to protect Serah… Don’t you?” Questioned Yeul, watching Sephiroth flying off into the distance.

“Hmph, you just don’t get it!” Lightning shouted raising her sword. “I am not letting you hurt anyone! Once I am finished with you… Caius is next!”

Yeul smiled and vanished. Lightning searched the room, oblivious to the fact that Yeul had reappeared at the other end of the room. She launched a strong gust of wind that blew the completely off guard Vanille and Hope against a nearby pillar, knocking them both out.

Lightning’s strength had served as a barrier against Yeul’s powers, but she was still struggling for balance.

Lightning began to charge a lightning orb. As the ball continued to charge it grew and when it reached a decent size, Lightning took aim at Yeul and threw it.

As the orb approached her, Yeul vanished and the orb collided with the back wall, causing a massive explosion and echoes of electric beams to fly out and collide with other walls and pillars.

Sephiroth flew swiftly towards the base of the crystal pillar that holds up the world, Cocoon, and since he started from Valhalla, it didn’t take him long to get there.

“Caius!” Sephiroth shouted at he flew down towards the man, standing at the base of the pillar.

The man turned around and revealed himself as Caius. “Welcome, are you here to see the destruction of Cocoon?"

As Sephiroth landed he drew his weapon. “No! I am here to…” Sephiroth hesitated. “…get some answers!”

Caius smiled. “Hmm... And what would you like to know?”

“My past!” shouted Sephiroth. “What do you know?”

“Heh. Maybe you should ask nicely.”

After Caius said that Sephiroth went crazy, he jumped into the air ready to strike. But Caius quickly drew his weapon and blocked the attack.

“Hmm, maybe I do know something of your past…” Caius said as the two men crossed swords.

“Tell me!” Sephiroth yelled

“Do me a favour and I might tell you something…” Caius said as he drew back his sword.

“What?” Sephiroth asked while putting down his weapon.

Caius whispered: “Kill Etro’s warrior.”

“Lightning?” Sephiroth asked.

After Caius nodded Sephiroth summoned his wing and flew into the air.

The explosion had left Lightning staggering and she struggled for balance and had also brought Hope out of concussion. His vision, however, was blurry and he could hardly stand. He saw Lightning searching around the room. But suddenly he saw Yeul appear behind her.

Lightning hadn’t realised the Yeul was behind her, and the girl ran towards Lightning. Hope tried to shout out, to warn Lightning, but it was too late. As Yeul had grabbed Lightning from behind they both vanished…

Chapter 7

Lightning had appeared a couple of meters away from the base of the crystal pillar. She could see Caius standing in front of it, just staring up.

“Caius!” Lightning shouted, Caius quickly turned around at the sound of her voice.

“Hmm… Why are you here?” Caius asked.

“To stop you!” shouted Lightning, summoning her sword and pointing it at Caius. “I won’t let you hurt Serah!”

Caius smiled. “Come and stop me then!”

Lightning ran at Caius, ready to strike him with her weapon. As she neared, Caius jumped into the air, dodging Lightning’s attack. Caius soared until he reached the side of the massive pillar.

Lightning looked up and saw that Caius had dug his sword into the side of the pillar. “Stop!” shouted Lightning jumping up after him…

Hope could hardly move. He tried to stand up but was only forced back to the ground by the pain he was feeling. He saw Vanille lying unconscious next to him. He felt helpless not being able to do anything for her.

Suddenly, as Hope pushed himself against the wall for support, Sephiroth flew into the room through a small opening. Hope was relieved to see Sephiroth and that someone would help him.

“Sephiroth!” shouted Hope, waving his hands.

Sephiroth turned towards the boy but then quickly looked away.

“Hey! Sephiroth, Help!” Hope shouted standing up against the wall. Sephiroth ignored him and searched the room.

“What are you doing? Help!” Hope shouted again. “Who are you looking for?”

“Where is Lightning?” Sephiroth shouted back.

“She has gone! What are you going to do?”

Sephiroth ignored the boy and walked towards the exit. “What are you going to do?” Hope repeated.

Sephiroth continued walking and Hope started limping towards him. “Are you going to hurt her?”

“Hmph!” replied Sephiroth.

“I shouldn’t have trusted you…” Hope muttered.

Hope started running like all the pain had gone from his legs. He jumped in front of Sephiroth and drew his boomerang weapon. “I won’t let you hurt anyone!”

Sephiroth smiled at the boy’s bravery. “Move aside and I will let you live!”

“I am not moving aside!” Hope shouted. “I may not win but I will save Lightning, some time!”

“Hmph, your life.” muttered Sephiroth as he drew his weapon.

Hope braced himself as Sephiroth swung his sword. Sephiroth’s sword hit Hopes weapon but Hope could feel himself flying through the air. He opened his eyes and saw the sky above him.

Hope was slowly falling towards the ground, he no longer had his weapon in hand but he could see it flying above him.

Before he knew it he had hit something soft. He thought that he had hit the ground but when he turned over he saw that he was lying on the flying monster from before. Soon Hopes weapon fell beside him and he picked it up.

Hope was in a lot of pain but he just forgot about everything and pursued Sephiroth.

Lightning and Caius darted around the pillar, every time they attacked; a small amount of damage was dealt to the pillar.

“You cannot win!” Caius shouted as he blocked an attack from Lightning. “Every time we fight, we cause damage to your sister.”

“Damn you!” Lightning shouted back, sending a lightning orb towards Caius, which he blocked and it exploded around the pillar.

“Let’s stop, I have a faster way!” Caius said, and he started becoming cloudy and invisible.

“What?” Lightning said while grabbing a crack in the pillar to support her.

Caius started flying and slowly became more invisible, until he touched the pillar. As he hit the pillar, he slowly vanished into it.

“Caius?” Lightning shouted, but he was gone.

Hope steered the monster and pursued Sephiroth with it. Sephiroth was flying fast, but Hope was slowly catching up. Sephiroth didn’t notice Hope was following him, until the flying monster tried to attack Sephiroth from behind, with its beak.

Sephiroth quickly turned around and dodged the attack from the monster. “You don’t give up, do you?” Sephiroth muttered while smiling to himself.

Hope didn’t reply but the monster went in for another attack on Sephiroth. Sephiroth quickly dodged and countered the attack, with a swift strike to the head.

Hope slowly started to fall as the flying monster died....

“I’m not giving up!” Hope shouted, grabbing his weapon.

Hope stood up and ran towards the flying monsters head. While on the head he jumped, targeting Sephiroth.

Sephiroth smiled again and prepared to block Hopes attack. As Hope neared his body started getting infected with lightning. As Hope’s weapon clashed against Sephiroth’s, the electricity started to jump onto Sephiroth’s weapon.

“What is this?” Sephiroth shouted.

As soon as Sephiroth said that he started shaking, he was paralyzed. They both floated in the air clashing weapons for a second but then they started to fall.

Sephiroth could no longer move and the electricity around Hope continued to form. “Argh!” shouted Hope, while trying to control the power.

A second later a massive beam of light encircled Hope, and then it exploded into flames, decimating Sephiroth and vaporizing many of the buildings in the vicinity. After such a catastrophic blast, both Hope and Sephiroth plummeted towards the ground.

Chapter 8

Lightning jumped up the crystal pillar until she got to the place where Caius had disappeared. “Serah!” shouted Lightning while punching a chunk of crystal.

Lightning was annoyed at Caius and she hoped Serah was safe. Caius had entered the pillar and was going to kill Serah. Lightning thought about what would happen if Serah would die, the pillar will crumble and the world will be destroyed.

Lightning jumped off the pillar, because she didn’t want to cause any damage to it. She stared up at Cocoon hanging above the world on the crystal pillar, she thought about Serah, Hope, Vanille, and even Sephiroth. She wanted to save the world but now knew that would never happen.

As Lightning started to give up hope she saw a bright light coming from the middle of the pillar. Then suddenly, the pillar started to shake. As the light started falling Lightning could see that it was her sister.

Lightning jumped into the air and caught Serah. “Serah! Are you alright?” Lightning asked being surprised to see her sister after many years.

“Caius, he is gone!” Serah replied.

Vanille awoke. The room she was in was half destroyed and she could see five other buildings already destroyed. Not only that, she could see the crystal pillar shaking in the distance.

“Vanille! You need to get out of here!” a voice from behind Vanille said.

Vanille turned around and saw Yeul standing next to her. “You! What did you do to the pillar?”

“I am not the Yeul you once knew…” Yeul said holding out her hand. “Caius is gone, and he destroyed the core of the pillar.”

“What?” Vanille said grabbing Yeul’s hand and standing up. “How aren’t you the Yeul I met before?”

“There are many Yeuls and we all look the same.” Yeul answered. “But you need to get out of here! Find Sephiroth and go!”

“Why! What about the pillar? I need to do something.”

“It’s too late, the pillar will crumble and this world will die!” Yeul said. “You need to find the other two chosen warriors with Sephiroth!”

“What warriors?” Vanille asked.

“There are two other warriors and their guardians, find them. They will be at the other worlds.”

“Wait…. What!”

“Find the warriors and protect Sephiroth!” Yeul said while vanishing.

“Wait!” Vanille shouted but Yeul was gone.

Vanille didn’t know what to do. She didn’t understand what Yeul was saying ‘Protect Sephiroth? But he doesn’t need protection.’ She thought.

Vanille didn’t want to just stand around so she decided to go find Sephiroth.

Lightning laid Serah on the ground, watching the pillar shake. “How do we stop it?” Lightning asked.

“We can’t, it’s too late. Cocoon will fall.” Serah answered.

Lightning saw a chunk of crystal crash into the ground. “It has already begun to crumble…”

“Wait! We have to do something!” Sarah said jumping up.

“What though?”

“I don’t know but we have to at least try! We didn’t come all this way to give up!” Serah said grabbing Lightning’s hand.

“Serah…. Your right we can’t give up now!”

“Right!” said Serah summoning her weapon. “Wait! I know…. What if we can destroy Cocoon before it hits our world?”

“Hmm that would take a miracle.” Lightning replied summoning her sword. “But, I am up for a challenge!”

The two sisters nodded at each other and jumped onto the side of the pillar and started running up it.

They both knew that they couldn’t destroy a world in time for one to fall, but neither of them gave up hope…

Vanille had noticed that lots of buildings around her were destroyed and she began to investigate. In the middle of the destruction was a bunch or rubble. Vanille didn’t know why but she felt a strange connection to the rubble.

As she started to search she could hear the pillar slowly degrading. She wondered about Lightning and then she remembered Hope. Vanille had forgotten about Hope and she started to get worried.

As Vanille dug through the rubble she saw the flying monster that she had flown on before with Lightning and Hope. Seeing the flying monster dead made Vanille more worried, because if it didn’t survive the rubble then neither would Sephiroth.

“Vanille…”

As Vanille dug she heard a strange voice. The voice sounded weak and dry. “Sephiroth?”

Vanille started following where the voice was coming from. She walked along the rubble until she saw Sephiroth stuck under a huge rock.

“Sephiroth!” shouted Vanille being alarmed at seeing Sephiroth. “Hang on I will help you!”

Vanille grabbed the huge bolder on Sephiroth and started to pull it off him. For some reason Vanille was given unrealistic strength and pulled the bolder easily off Sephiroth.

“Thank you…” Sephiroth said while slowly standing up.

“Here!” Vanille held out her hand and pulled up Sephiroth. “We need to get out of here! The pillar is crumbling!”

“Ok.” Sephiroth replied like he didn’t understand the importance of Vanille’s words.

“Are you alright?” Vanille asked. “Where is Hope?”

Sephiroth stepped aside and a boy was lying on the ground next to where Sephiroth was.

“Hope!” Vanille said dropping to the ground. “HOPE!”

Vanille slowly crawled towards the boy’s dead body. She grabbed Hopes body. Then tucked her hands behind his back and started to squeeze his body, as she cried.

Edited by coolwings

Chapter 9

Hopes death was a real shock to Vanille and it had triggered something about her past. She now remembered a moment when someone really close to her had died. She remembered hugging them and never wanting to let go, she felt the exact same way when she saw Hope's dead body.

Sephiroth stood in silence just watching Vanille holding the body of her dear friend. He felt sorry for Vanille and didn’t want to just run away.

Yeul appeared next to Vanille and held out her hand. “Vanille, you must get out of here! Cocoon will fall any moment!”

Sephiroth looked out into the distance and saw Cocoon's pillar slowly crumbling. The pillar was nearly destroyed and Cocoon was already starting to fall.

“I can transport you and Sephiroth to the next world.” Yeul said grabbing Vanille’s shoulder and started pulling her away from Hope's body. “There you can find the next warrior and stop Caius!”

“Next warrior?” asked Sephiroth.

“Sephiroth you are a chosen warrior and Vanille is your guardian!”

Sephiroth would have laughed at Yeul saying, "Vanille is your guardian," but he didn’t want to upset Vanille more.

Vanille stops resisting and Yeul pulls her off the ground. “Ok, yes Sephiroth lets go.”

Sephiroth nods and Yeul takes a step backwards, making a shining orb appear in front of them. “Take the orb and you will be on your way.”

Sephiroth reaches out but Vanille slaps his hand back. “Wait! How did Hope die?”

Sephiroth didn’t know what to say but he was quickly disrupted by a loud bang. The three looked towards the pillar and saw it was no longer there. Cocoon had collided with the world.

The ground started shacking and massive cracks appeared in the ground making Vanille fall over. “There is no time!” Sephiroth shouted picking up Vanille.

‘Quickly grab the orbs!” Yeul shouted as she vanished.

“Ok, let’s go!” Vanille said and Sephiroth nodded.

Vanille took one last look at Hopes cold body and grabbed the shining orb. Both Vanille and Sephiroth quickly vanished .

When Sephiroth opened his eyes he was falling out of the sky. Below him was a world, but it didn’t look familiar. Next to him was Vanille but she was out of reach. “Ahhhhh!!” Vanille screamed as she reached out for Sephiroth.

They couldn’t reach each other but then Sephiroth remembered his wing. He quickly spawned it and flew towards Vanille.

He quickly grabed her and wrapped her around his warm body. Vanille felt comfortable and for once she felt relaxed. They were falling too fast and even Sephiroth couldn’t stop them.

As they neared the ground Sephiroth guarded Vanille and braced himself. Sephiroth took the blow as they crashed into the ground and he felt weak and soon became unconscious.

Vanille looked around and saw people screaming and running around. She looked down at Sephiroth and tried to move him but he was too heavy. Vanille felt dizzy and felt everything moving fast around her. She saw a person being sliced open by and sword and then the man running towards her.

She watched the person as they ran and then suddenly she felt Sephiroth disappear from under her. A man in front of her was carrying Sephiroth. She wanted to help him but couldn’t move and then she felt herself being lifted up.

A boy, not much older than her was carrying her. He took her into a small house and placed her on the ground. She wanted to say something but everything was moving too fast. Soon she felt herself being pushed down a hole. Vanille looked back up at the boy and saw flames circling him and soon burning him into ashes.

As she moved down the hole the flames disappeared from sight. As Vanille reached the bottom, she tried to move around. As she moved everything started spinning, but after a while it had stopped.

Vanille had hit something soft and soon saw people crowding her. She tried to reach out to them but soon fell asleep.

Vanille awoke in a small bed. She had forgotten about everything that has happened, but then suddenly remembered. She thought about Hope and Sephiroth. She wondered if Sephiroth was still alive.

“Are you OK?” asks a girl with aqua blue hair, who was leaning over her bed.

“Who are you? Where am I?” Vanille asks. She moves around her bed but soon realises she had a massive burn across her left leg.

The girl grabs Vanille by the shoulders and places her back on the bed. “Take it easy!”

“Ouch!” Vanille screams as she scrapes her leg against the bed.

The girl quickly picks up Vanille’s leg and places it on a pillow. “You need to wait for your leg to recover!” the girl demands.

Vanille ignores her and demands for answers. “Who are you?”

“My name is Aqua.” the girl answers. “Who are you?”

“I’m Vanille, where are we?”

Aqua takes a seat nearby. “An underground village, to hide from the Unversed.” said Aqua. “Wait, do you know where Terra is?”

Vanille was stressed and her burnt leg wasn’t helping. She wanted answers but also wanted to rest. “Terra?” asks Vanille.

“The boy who brought you here! Can’t you remember?” Aqua said. She was starting to get annoyed and anxious.

“Boy? Oh um….”

“What!”

“I umm think he…” Vanille stutters. She started to remember who he was and how he saved her. But she couldn’t remember completely what happened.

“What! What happened?” Aqua shouted.

“I can’t remember…” Vanille lied. She now remembered what really happened. Sephiroth was captured; she was saved by Terra and was taken to a small house. But then, the house was on fire and Terra was getting burnt. Terra must have used the last of his energy to save her…

Edited by coolwings