Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Will the U.S be able to pay China back this decade?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will the U.S be able to pay back China this decade?

• Firetruck no!
    • No idea.
    • Yes, because Obama is so cool!
    • I don't care.

Lol. We are the south.

We were not destroyed by war. And we never will be. All we ever got was the bombings in Darwin and Broome. And both of those cities stood after the the bombings.

Australia FTW!

LMAO If the US hadnt entered the war Im sure Australia wouldve fallen/ been taken over . One of the reasons Japan bombed Pearl Harbor was to attempt to disable a very serious future threat of the Sleeping Giant known as the US.. They were already taking over/ attacking every territory/island/country in the Pacific on.

Lol. We are the south.

We were not destroyed by war. And we never will be. All we ever got was the bombings in Darwin and Broome. And both of those cities stood after the the bombings.

Australia FTW!

So what exactly would you describe as "southern" policies?

Slavery?

Drug Running?

Child soldiers?

The rulers are rich while the people starve?

It seems rather silly to associate yourself with the Southern half the world. Plus, you said the north was rising as well, so you pretty much just said Europe, Continental Asia, and North America is rising as well? North vs South is just a silly and heavily flawed way of looking at things.

-----------------------

Let's look at some basic WW2 statistics shall we?

Total Australian Army- 724 thousand soldiers

Total Imperial Japanese Army- 6 million soldiers

400,000 Australians served outside of the country, bringing down the total number of possible defenders to just 324 thousand soldiers.

Around 1 million japanese soldiers were reserved for occupying countries that they have taken. The total offensive capacity of a japanese invasion would have 5 million soldiers.

Basic military doctrine suggest a minimum of a 5:1 troop ratio for attacking a fortified position, which the shores and towns of Australia would be if they are expecting an invasion. Do you know the ratio that the Japanese had?

16:1 give or take. That means for every 1 australian defender, there would be 16 Japanese defenders. Australian defenses would be EASILY overwhelmed.

However history has proven that the size of these armies may not win the battle. But the Japanese military at the time of a feesable invasion of Australia had not only well trained soldiers, but soldiers that have fought battles and won them many times before. As for the Aussie defenders, many of them have never held a gun before.

I conclude this with a math equation

Australia - America= firetruckED

LMAO If the US hadnt entered the war Im sure Australia wouldve fallen/ been taken over . One of the reasons Japan bombed Pearl Harbor was to attempt to disable a very serious future threat of the Sleeping Giant known as the US.. They were already taking over/ attacking every territory/island/country in the Pacific on.

So what exactly would you describe as "southern" policies?

Slavery?

Drug Running?

Child soldiers?

The rulers are rich while the people starve?

It seems rather silly to associate yourself with the Southern half the world. Plus, you said the north was rising as well, so you pretty much just said Europe, Continental Asia, and North America is rising as well? North vs South is just a silly and heavily flawed way of looking at things.

-----------------------

Let's look at some basic WW2 statistics shall we?

Total Australian Army- 724 thousand soldiers

Total Imperial Japanese Army- 6 million soldiers

400,000 Australians served outside of the country, bringing down the total number of possible defenders to just 324 thousand soldiers.

Around 1 million japanese soldiers were reserved for occupying countries that they have taken. The total offensive capacity of a japanese invasion would have 5 million soldiers.

Basic military doctrine suggest a minimum of a 5:1 troop ratio for attacking a fortified position, which the shores and towns of Australia would be if they are expecting an invasion. Do you know the ratio that the Japanese had?

16:1 give or take. That means for every 1 australian defender, there would be 16 Japanese defenders. Australian defenses would be EASILY overwhelmed.

However history has proven that the size of these armies may not win the battle. But the Japanese military at the time of a feesable invasion of Australia had not only well trained soldiers, but soldiers that have fought battles and won them many times before. As for the Aussie defenders, many of them have never held a gun before.

I conclude this with a math equation

Australia - America= firetruckED

You can't take over Australia because of a thing called "Re-Supply"!

You can't take over Australia because of a thing called "Re-Supply"!

Without naval and air support from the Americans the Japanese wouldn't have any problem with supply ships or air drops considering no other navy or airforce in the pacific could directly take on the Japanese other than the Americans. Occupied Idonesia and Papau New Guinea are very close to Australia and would of served as staging points for the supply ships. Plus considering that the Japanese had no respect for the countries they occupied, slave labor and raids on villages would mean the Japanese soldiers would be well supplied at the expense of other occupied nations.

The supply lines on land will only need to be a short distance from the cost line since every city of political or strategic importance are along the shorelines or not too far from it in Australia.

Without naval and air support from the Americans the Japanese wouldn't have any problem with supply ships or air drops considering no other navy or airforce in the pacific could directly take on the Japanese other than the Americans. Occupied Idonesia and Papau New Guinea are very close to Australia and would of served as staging points for the supply ships. Plus considering that the Japanese had no respect for the countries they occupied, slave labor and raids on villages would mean the Japanese soldiers would be well supplied at the expense of other occupied nations.

The supply lines on land will only need to be a short distance from the cost line since every city of political or strategic importance are along the shorelines or not too far from it in Australia.

This and the fact that Australias military has left a lot to be desired . If you think that Austrailia couldve defended itself from Japan without America you are sadly mistaken.

This and the fact that Australias military has left a lot to be desired . If you think that Austrailia couldve defended itself from Japan without America you are sadly mistaken.

I recall the only ever attacks on Australia were defended by Australia alone.

I recall the only ever attacks on Australia were defended by Australia alone.

Because those attacks were from nations poking Australia. Really no more than glorified raiding parties if anything.

A full on invasion would be comparable to Australia getting a sword shoved up it's ass which is exactly what would happen if America didn't stop the Imperial Fleet.

If you want an image as to how the Battle of Australia would go, just image the German Blitzkrieg on France only the attacking flags have red dots instead of swastikas.

There are only two options for an Australian defense.

1. Use superior Allied intellgience gathering to place all soldiers in a concentrated region and wait for the japanese there.

OR

2. Spread the army thinly as far as possible to secure all areas.

Both of these would fail, why? The japanese would simply outflank the Australian defenses like the germans outflanked the Maginot line, or in the case of the second option, the Japanese would make use of their 16:1 ratio and break through with no problems across every front.

You'd honestly have to either know nothing about history or be completely delusional to think that Australia even had a fighting chance against a full on japanese invasion.

Because those attacks were from nations poking Australia. Really no more than glorified raiding parties if anything.

A full on invasion would be comparable to Australia getting a sword shoved up it's ass which is exactly what would happen if America didn't stop the Imperial Fleet.

If you want an image as to how the Battle of Australia would go, just image the German Blitzkrieg on France only the attacking flags have red dots instead of swastikas.

1. Use superior Allied intellgience gathering to place all soldiers in a concentrated region and wait for the japanese there.

OR

Both of these would fail, why? The japanese would simply outflank the Australian defenses like the germans outflanked the Maginot line, or in the case of the second option, the Japanese would make use of their 16:1 ratio and break through with no problems across every front.

You'd honestly have to either know nothing about history or be completely delusional to think that Australia even had a fighting chance against a full on japanese invasion.

Never said we did. And I do admit if it wasn't for the U.S World War II would have have been the end of the world. But the U.S went the wrong way about it.

But could Japan march across all of Australia? No.

OR

Exactly

Never said we did. And I do admit if it wasn't for the U.S World War II would have have been the end of the world. But the U.S went the wrong way about it.

We clearly went the right way about it because all Japanese occupied territories were liberated and had their previous goverments installed and we managed to avoid what would be the bloodiest battle in human history, a frontal invasion of the Japanese home islands.

And like I said, the Japanese don't need to march across all of Australia, all of the important settlements are along the coast which because it's... you know... a coast it can be easily occupied and reinforced. As for the center of the continent? They would be forced to surrender to the Japanese or face certain starvation with their supplys cut off.

We clearly went the right way about it because all Japanese occupied territories were liberated and had their previous goverments installed and we managed to avoid what would be the bloodiest battle in human history, a frontal invasion of the Japanese home islands.

And like I said, the Japanese don't need to march across all of Australia, all of the important settlements are along the coast which because it's... you know... a coast it can be easily occupied and reinforced. As for the center of the continent? They would be forced to surrender to the Japanese or face certain starvation with their supplys cut off.

You call blowing up two cities with nuclear bombs "the right way"?

Theres nothing wrong with the way we went about it.. We ended the war and liberated the concentration death camps preventing further death. Also, Dont you know that other Axis countries were on the verge of Using the same Atomic bomb but we got to it first and ended it all.. So imagine the atrocity of the axis powers dropping Atomic bombs and then say we ended it the wrong way ..really lmao

Theres nothing wrong with the way we went about it.. We ended the war and liberated the concentration death camps preventing further death. Also, Dont you know that other Axis countries were on the verge of Using the same Atomic bomb but we got to it first and ended it all.. So imagine the atrocity of the axis powers dropping Atomic bombs and then say we ended it the wrong way ..really lmao

The U.S decided to kill thousands of harmless Japanese people. By doing that their no better than the Japanese.

The U.S decided to kill thousands of harmless Japanese people. By doing that their no better than the Japanese.

Oh and the many civilians dead in Pearl Harbor on a country that wasnt even at war was ok.Get real..I bet if Japan dropped a bomb on your ass you wouldnt be saying that .Come on now xD.. Also, like i said the world was thisclose to having humanity wiped out if the Axis powers had beat us to it ..Which they attempted to do. Its better to kill a few then the whole freaking world being anihillated dont you think ?

You call blowing up two cities with nuclear bombs "the right way"?

If it meant saving the lives of millions of Americans and even more Japanese civillians then yes. The ends justify the means.

You know what Bushido is right? The Japanese would not accept surrender. They would go down guns blazing. In the last days of the war, in prepration for a possible invasion Women were being taught how to fire rocket launchers, Children recieved instructions on how to use their small size to sneak around and silently kill Americans. Others civillians were taught how to blow themselves up with grenades.

Japan, as we saw could recover from two Atomic Bombs. But if an invasion were to ever take place, Japan would be plunged into the Dark Ages and the sad truth is that wasn't an exaggeration.

Let's also not forget that the USSR later declared war on Japan. And they are less forgiving than us Americans are. Civilian casualties for the most part would be self inflicted by the Japanese themselves or be forced to get killed as they would become armed combatants. The USSR makes no distinction between civillian and soldier. Their counter offensive against Germany proves this.

Oh and the many civilians dead in Pearl Harbor on a country that wasnt even at war was ok.Get real..I bet if Japan dropped a bomb on your ass you wouldnt be saying that .Come on now xD.. Also, like i said the world was thisclose to having humanity wiped out if the Axis powers had beat us to it ..Which they attempted to do. Its better to kill a few then the whole freaking world being anihillated dont you think ?

"Two wrongs don't make a right." Japan wouldn't "drop a bomb on my ass". And even if they did I would be dead.

"An injury to one, is an injury to all."

"Two wrongs don't make a right." Japan wouldn't "drop a bomb on my ass". And even if they did I would be dead.

"An injury to one, is an injury to all."

I meant Austraila and you know it ..AND like i said, whats better , bomb a few cities or let the Axis powers use that very bomb on the WORLD ..If you cant understand that simple logic you are lost ..lol....Its better to utilize a way to minimize the death toll then to risk the whole world being destroyed.Simple logic.

I meant Austraila and you know it ..AND like i said, whats better , bomb a few cities or let the Axis powers use that very bomb on the WORLD ..If you cant understand that simple logic you are lost ..lol....Its better to utilize a way to minimize the death toll then to risk the whole world being destroyed.Simple logic.

Would you be saying that if your ancestors were killed in either of those bombings? Or someone you knew? The effects those bombs caused remained even after the war.

Would you be saying that if your ancestors were killed in either of those bombings? Or someone you knew? The effects those bombs caused remained even after the war.

Lets put it this way.Japan entered the war and killed thousands upon thousands of innocents for the sake of Imperialization joining up with Mussolini and Hitler to "cleanse' the world of people they deemed unfit ..They also given the chance wouldve done the same to Australia as well.. Japan also had some type of inspirations of being "Gods" and that the world was for their taking .Their mindset was they were unstoppable and were willing to commit any atrocity to obtain their goals.Do some research and educate yourself before you try to argue a case of the Japanese being the poor victims. They brought this on themselves and they paid a dear price

Lets put it this way.Japan entered the war and killed thousands upon thousands of innocents for the sake of Imperialization joining up with Mussolini and Hitler to "cleanse' the world of people they deemed unfit ..They also given the chance wouldve done the same to Australia as well.. Japan also had some type of inspirations of being "Gods" and that the world was for their taking .Their mindset was they were unstoppable and were willing to commit any atrocity to obtain their goals.Do some research and educate yourself before you try to argue a case of the Japanese being the poor victims. They brought this on themselves and they paid a dear price

I don't need to do research. I've had great teachers. Some of the Japanese were "poor victims". Japan started their attack on the rest of Asia after their military took over.

I don't need to do research. I've had great teachers. Some of the Japanese were "poor victims". Japan started their attack on the rest of Asia after their military took over.

Of course theres some innocent civilians.. But the large majority of Japan supported their part in entering the war and the murder of innocent. When a country wages war there will be casualties .Its expected. If you had such great teachers you would know what the countries attitude towards the cruel murder of millions of innocent people across the world for the sake of imperialization purposes.You are trying to act like America was the bad guy for coming into a war and preventing even further INNOCENT deaths and straight out MURDER of people who were truly the innocent.Japan made a CHOICE ..Those innocent people murdered for the sake of Japan and the other AXIS powers obtaining world domination is unexcusable. Also you refuse to address my point of the Axis powers racing the Allies to be the first to use the Atomic bombs in the first place..its unfortunate that people died in Japan no doubt.But if it wasnt for that event it couldve been the whole world ..You obviously need to research this more bc you either dont know this information or you are just trying validate the mass murder of millions across the world .

Of course theres some innocent civilians.. But the large majority of Japan supported their part in entering the war and the murder of innocent. When a country wages war there will be casualties .Its expected. If you had such great teachers you would know what the countries attitude towards the cruel murder of millions of innocent people across the world for the sake of imperialization purposes.You are trying to act like America was the bad guy for coming into a war and preventing even further INNOCENT deaths and straight out MURDER of people who were truly the innocent.Japan made a CHOICE ..Those innocent people murdered for the sake of Japan and the other AXIS powers obtaining world domination is unexcusable. Also you refuse to address my point of the Axis powers racing the Allies to be the first to use the Atomic bombs in the first place..its unfortunate that people died in Japan no doubt.But if it wasnt for that event it couldve been the whole world ..You obviously need to research this more bc you either dont know this information or you are just trying validate the mass murder of millions across the world .

You could write better. And I never said "America was the bad guy". Never even wrote "America" on this thread until now. Lol. I've just mentioning one massive event in the war which ruined Japan for decades. The scars of those bombs still stand today. And you've been saying Japan was a heartless country of monsters when it was the god dam military who started it.

You could write better. And I never said "America was the bad guy". Never even wrote "America" on this thread until now. Lol. I've just mentioning one massive event in the war which ruined Japan for decades. The scars of those bombs still stand today. And you've been saying Japan was a heartless country of monsters when it was the god dam military who started it.

I could write better ? Thats ignorant to say .You must not have much else to say that you are attacking my 'writing".Please, it just makes you look uninformed and implies you have nothing better to say. This isnt English class. However what im writing is pretty clear and understandable so try again .You will excuse the murder of millions across the world but cry over the price a country paid for their part in it .Think about that before you spout ignorance. Mass genocide for the sake of world dominance isnt ok no matter what you say. The scars of the familes of the murdered will forever haunt those countries.If you cant understand why im offended by your cavalier attitude towards the fact that those MILLIONS of innocent were murdered bc of a few countries on a power trip, its sad.. Also it was YOU that brought up America and said the way we went about it was wrong..

I could write better ? Thats ignorant to say .You must not have much else to say that you are attacking my 'writing".Please, it just makes you look uninformed and implies you have nothing better to say. This isnt English class. However what im writing is pretty clear and understandable so try again .You will excuse the murder of millions across the world but cry over the price a country paid for their part in it .Think about that before you spout ignorance. Mass genocide for the sake of world dominance isnt ok no matter what you say. The scars of the familes of the murdered will forever haunt those countries.If you cant understand why im offended by your cavalier attitude towards the fact that those MILLIONS of innocent were murdered bc of a few countries on a power trip, its sad..

I don't excuse murder. What made you think I would for a second?

I don't excuse murder. What made you think I would for a second?

Lets see..Could it be that you keep saying that it was America that was wrong for bombing two cities in a country that helped murder millions across the world for the sole purpose of obtaining world domination?..You act like they were some poor victims we bullied..They came over to our country and bombed and killed how many innocent people.They helped kill millions more elsewhere in the world .They joined Hitler and Mussolini in mass genocide and you are crying 'poor japan'.I feel for innocent civilians in Japan .But their government brought this on and their civilian population supported this.Watch some of the documentaries featuring surviving japanese civilians.They even discussed the attitude the civilians had about the war they were in .They discussed how they had thought of themselves as 'Gods" whose empire was destined to inherit the world. Thats why a large part of them supported the governments bid for world power and were willing to risk whatever to do so..They knew they were wrong.Despite all of that , it was America who came and helped rebuild Japan..