•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, and to remove this ad, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Livestreams Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Chatroom
Photo

sad endings

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 soriku911

soriku911
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

wuts the sadest video game ending ever? to me its between the end of final fantasy vii crisis core and the end of final fantasy x. any thoughts ?

#2 lizzie1238

lizzie1238

Obsessive Fangirl

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

I definitely agree with those, along with 358/2 Days,

#3 Aqua7KH

Aqua7KH

Keyblade Bastard

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Days was sad. But I would have cried if it wasn't for this:
"Who else will I have ice cream with?!"

#4 XIIISwords

XIIISwords

Hero of Fire

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

The worst of them all was Final Fantasy Type-0. It was Crisis Core x12. I couldn't believe the pain and suffering that it displayed. I don't speak Japanese, but the scene moved me so much.

Ending Spoiler to game not out in America yet bellow.

Spoiler

The raw emotion of the scene...

#5 Akihiko

Akihiko

無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

He meant who else will be his friend. Roxas was born without memories of feelings as Sora, and most of the Nobodies are emotionless, so they don't have feelings, Roxas believed that since he didn't remember what "feelings" were like and he asked Axel what friends were. Axel explained, but he didn't fully understand and thought friends were people who had ice-cream together, and he he had Ice-cream with Xion and loved her as a friend, but he didn't knew that was love, since he believed he didn't have emotions.

To sum it up, Roxas doesn't like to have ice-cream with Axel /joke

#6 Shard the Metal

Shard the Metal

Have a problem with me? That's too bad.

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

The "Who else will I have Ice cream with?!" sort of made it even sadder for me. It sort of was like a small child losing his best friend, and him not fully comprehending it. It also shows the "Ven" in him.

#7 XIIISwords

XIIISwords

Hero of Fire

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

^^

Very Well Put.

He meant who else will be his friend. Roxas was born without memories of feelings as Sora, and most of the Nobodies are emotionless, so they don't have feelings, Roxas believed that since he didn't remember what "feelings" were like and he asked Axel what friends were. Axel explained, but he didn't fully understand and thought friends were people who had ice-cream together, and he he had Ice-cream with Xion and loved her as a friend, but he didn't knew that was love, since he believed he didn't have emotions.

To sum it up, Roxas doesn't like to have ice-cream with Axel.

No, I think he thuroughly enjoyed it. He just had a big fight with Axel though, so I think ice cream is out of the question.

#8 Akihiko

Akihiko

無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

^^

Very Well Put.

No, I think he thuroughly enjoyed it. He just had a big fight with Axel though, so I think ice cream is out of the question.

It was a joke

#9 Flaming Lea

Flaming Lea

Red Hot Ho and Professional Badass

• Members
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

^^

Very Well Put.

This

#10 Kishira

Kishira
  • Forum Team
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

I have yet to play/watch a game that has truely made me sad. BbS' secret ending came close though. xD

#11 Aqua7KH

Aqua7KH

Keyblade Bastard

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

The "Who else will I have Ice cream with?!" sort of made it even sadder for me. It sort of was like a small child losing his best friend, and him not fully comprehending it. It also shows the "Ven" in him.

To sum it up, Roxas doesn't like to have ice-cream with Axel.

I understand what it meant. It's just that the way Roxas said it kinda made it slightly funny. Because I would not expect that. I know it was meant to be expressed that way.

#12 Akihiko

Akihiko

無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

I understand what it meant. It's just that the way Roxas said it kinda made it slightly funny. Because I would not expect that. I know it was meant to be expressed that way.

FUUUUUUU- all that typing was for nothing?!?! Aqua, thank you so much.

#13 WakelessDream

WakelessDream

WakelessDerp

• Forum Team
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

The first thing that popped into my mind was the 358/2 Days ending. Yea the ice cream line was pretty goofy, but made it even more sad for me, then I cried even more when it cut to the scene of Axel opening the envelope with the "winner" stick inside it, idk by then I felt like everything had fallen apart for the three of them. Those two scenes get me every time sad to say :P

#14 Aqua7KH

Aqua7KH

Keyblade Bastard

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

FUUUUUUU- all that typing was for nothing?!?! Aqua, thank you so much.

:troll:

#15 Dave

Dave

Official Flag Bearer

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Winning only means that you've doomed everyone to not exist, and there's nothing you can do about it.

#16 Keyblade_warrior895

Keyblade_warrior895
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

well, i don't normally admit this, but any game with a sad ending normal goes tearful for me, but i'm still waiting for a game that does that throughout the story

#17 Pavlovic Sarah

Pavlovic Sarah
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

The worst of them all was Final Fantasy Type-0. It was Crisis Core x12. I couldn't believe the pain and suffering that it displayed. I don't speak Japanese, but the scene moved me so much.

Ending Spoiler to game not out in America yet bellow.

Spoiler

The raw emotion of the scene...

oh this was bad ........ i regret playing the game because of this ending (_)

#18 Yang

Yang

阳小龙

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Days was definitely saddening. Unlike most people though, I thought that ice cream line made it sadder. It would be stupid if he just said, "who else will be my friend" or something like that. I love when the kh games say something like that, instead of being plain and boring.

The first kh was sad too, remember, even though sora could have just jumped that. Lol.

#19 Elbow Juice

Elbow Juice

The Batman

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Prob Days and the first KH cuz I was sad that the best game ever was over.

#20 Rob

Rob

Mighty No. R09

• Members
  • 11,445 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Days and BBS made me shed a tear, and it's hard for Rob to shed a tear.