•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, and to remove this ad, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Speedruns Chatroom
Photo

WTF IGN?!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Where's Sora

Where's Sora

Not Human

• 161 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1219540p1.html

#2 WatersGood

WatersGood
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

WTF??? I'm telling you, they probably get payed to do this

#3 Silver Kuroi

Silver Kuroi

High Lord Kuroi

• 1,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

While the author has a point (I prefer games with less cliches) this article still wants me to beat him with an oversized metal key.

#4 Deadshot

Deadshot

owned by proto

• 2,348 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

I personally like the article and it's editorial written by Jack DeVries and does not speak as IGN a whole.He brings up good points and defends them quite well,You don't have to agree with the article but at least be level headed about it.

#5 King Riku

King Riku

Trey's little whore

• 2,246 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I am so mad. He's one of those people that just can't get it.

#6 CrownKeeper13

CrownKeeper13

WTF DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!

• 1,339 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

This guy didn't know what he was talking about. It's Pride LANDS not pride ROCK. Toy Story was gonna be in KH2, but it was taken out due to time constraints, they went to Kingdom Hearts in KH2, and the fact that the story is SO complex is one of the best parts of Kingdom Hearts as a series. He had one good point: CUT IT OUT WITH THE FIRETRUCKING SORA CLONES! 4 Sora's is enough!

#7 Uncle Dolan

Uncle Dolan
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

People still read IGN? I'm still waiting for them to die out. (which will never happen)

#8 Kaiso

Kaiso

nope

• Banned
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Sweet Jesus it's an opinionated article. Of course there's going to be someone in the world that really doesn't approve of it all to much. Honestly though there are some points in there he made that I do somewhat agree with. You don't have to agree with a writer when they put something up, but at least be reasonable. The guy does have some pretty good points about the series.

#9 Kishira

Kishira
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

..... I've read better from butthurt raging fanboys. Sorry (insert Idc IGN dudes name), give a little more to why you think the game sucks. :/ Everything he's complaining about is just the standard crap everyone else seems to complain about these days. *yawn*

#10 Deadshot

Deadshot

owned by proto

• 2,348 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

WTF??? I'm telling you, they probably get payed to do this

I am so mad. He's one of those people that just can't get it.

This guy didn't know what he was talking about. It's Pride LANDS not pride ROCK. Toy Story was gonna be in KH2, but it was taken out due to time constraints, they went to Kingdom Hearts in KH2, and the fact that the story is SO complex is one of the best parts of Kingdom Hearts as a series. He had one good point: CUT IT OUT WITH THE FIRETRUCKING SORA CLONES! 4 Sora's is enough!

People still read IGN? I'm still waiting for them to die out. (which will never happen)

..... I've read better from butthurt raging fanboys. Sorry (insert Idc IGN dudes name), give a little more to why you think the game sucks. :/ Everything he's complaining about is just the standard crap everyone else seems to complain about these days. *yawn*

IGN wrote song for you people(the song starts at :45 sec in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXbio-21fY
Also people don't have to like same things you do.

#11 Lady Dreana

Lady Dreana

The Enigmatic One

• 700 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Maybe IGN is made up of Nobodies. That's why they don't love Kingdom Hearts because they can't.
Either that or IGN has to many pinheads that have nothing better to do other than to insult a good game.

#12 Jaden T Ortiz

Jaden T Ortiz

KH13's #1 Espada

• 105 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I am going to kill that dued he is just a big whiner KH is a complex story line made by a TROLL so of course it is hard to under stand

#13 Joemahon1

Joemahon1

GMV Master

• 1,033 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Meh ive heard better and worst reviews then this but they have a point the story is kind of getting confusing at points there going to need to explain alot of things soon or the whole game series will pay for it

#14 Uncle Dolan

Uncle Dolan
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

IGN wrote song for you people(the song starts at :45 sec in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXbio-21fY
Also people don't have to like same things you do.

Sad thing is that what the guy sang is true, and that was a pretty bad troll attempt imo.

#15 Yang

Yang

阳小龙(再次)

• 942 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1219540p1.html

*watches video*
Posted Image

#16 Spectrum of Life

Spectrum of Life

The Topic Killer

• 477 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think IGN's run an editorial along the likes of this before. It was about the time Days came out. (I don't have a link, and If that article made you angry then I can't imagine why you want to agitate yourself further.) Same complaints as that one, more or less.

I found it irritating partially because of the "accentuate the negative" tone and partially for faulting it for things that are out of its control, ( Disney IS too restrictive, and there isn't enough variety in the worlds due to copyright fusses, but don't shoot the work for being forced to work under those restrictions. Disney has been in the business for 80 years, they're not gonna bend to some other company's whims unless you bust their kneecaps.)

If I didn't hold IGN in as low esteem as I did already for its pathetic attempts at man-pandering I would have been more agitated. Nothing too great to see here people.

#17 baylaust

baylaust

The 'b' Isn't Capitalized

• 1,340 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

He has an.... OPINION?!?!

BLAARRGGNBRUEOJ;NF EALJFNARFJUOA BHFBRFGNJHKBFHEWBNFLHRB UJREFKA HE MUST DIE A PAINFUL DEATH!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!11!

It's his opinion, and he backs it up well (he actually addressed almost every major issue I have with the series). The series has flaws, he identified them, and said what Nomura could do to improve them. It's well written, and even if you don't agree, at least don't let blind fanboy / fangirlism make your judgements.

#18 lizzie1238

lizzie1238

Obsessive Fangirl

• 2,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I hate how this stupid "Jack Devries" who I've never even read an article by on ign (and I've read a lot of ign articles) just goes in and thinks he knows everything about kingdom hearts. The story is a little confusing, but great, the side games are not spin-offs and the entire boss fight of KH2 takes place inside kingdom hearts!!!

The only things I can agree with are that they shouldn't put the games on different consoles every time and TWEWY might possibly be the generation's best RPG.

#19 Rob

Rob

Mighty No. R09

• 11,445 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Come on people this is why their called IGNorant.

The funniest part was when he said "Go to firetrucking Kingdom Hearts already." LMAO

#20 Pandora333

Pandora333
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

He has some valid points and he even states that KH3D may be the game that fixes all the things that this series, according to him, has made wrong. By the way, I don't think that videogames should be played for its story, That's why they are video-games. It's like trying to play hide and seek with some plot. Some videogames have nice stories, but they could end up being an interactvie movie rather than a videogames

By the way, I think this has been stated for ages, but the reason why KH3 can't be made is caused by a game called FF Versus XIII. Why Nomura doesn't use another studio? You should ask him.

Another thing is that the writer stated:

Kingdom Hearts II, while a messy, unnecessarily complex game, managed to wrap up a lot of the loose ends by way of killing all the characters who were lame. It had a real ending, the main characters got reunited, and the world was saved.

Then, may I ask why do you want KH3? If KH2 had a real ending, then, why to make KH3? There's no storyline to follow.

This is just my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong.