Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zenithia

Will Sora ever fail at something?

tutti frutti. After going through enough threads in KH3D I decided to put this in here to get a better idea on everyone else's thoughts about this. Do you think that there will ever be a time where Sora fails at something? Much like what Hercules went through in KH2, I believe that Sora should experience the feeling of failure at some point in the series to help him grow as a Keyblade wielder. For those that don't experience this at some point in a video game series kind of makes things easy to predict by having that idea that the characters aren't going to fail at the task in front of them.

I'm pretty sure in his mind he does feel like he's failed at some point, he just probably keeps it all in. > >? But I would like to see more sides of him; like what we got in Re/CoM, it was freaky seeing him get so angry and annoyed, but I loved it! >8D

tutti frutti. After going through enough threads in KH3D I decided to put this in here to get a better idea on everyone else's thoughts about this. Do you think that there will ever be a time where Sora fails at something? Much like what Hercules went through in KH2, I believe that Sora should experience the feeling of failure at some point in the series to help him grow as a Keyblade wielder. For those that don't experience this at some point in a video game series kind of makes things easy to predict by having that idea that the characters aren't going to fail at the task in front of them.

He does feel it but never acutally fails. Kingdom Hearts 2 "so its my fault" when he say this after he finds out kairi was in twilight town and he lost her. Also he sort of got a beaten in chain of memories by larxene when he donlad heals him. He also fails when you fight leon in kh 1 for the first time no matter if you win or lose. Also then cloud if you lose you do not have to win then theres the race with riku you can lose that.

Sora is cool he feels failure but never fails too much he is like Chuck Norris ;P

He kinda gets screwed over when Riku takes his Keyblade and Donald and Goofy ditch him in Kingdom Hearts 1 at Hollow Bastion, but he didn't really fail there cause the Beast decided to help him out :P

I guess that Sora have his examples of failures. Let me explain: Ventus looks like Sora, but in another life. And he failed about saving Terra and Aqua, failed too about defeating himself, Vanitas. In another life as Roxas he failed about saving Xion and Axel. Sora have Ventus's heart and Roxas inside him, one more proof that figuratively Roxas and Ventus are Sora, and as Sora he have to save all the others.

10 things Sora will fail at doing

1. Getting Laid

" Are you sure you're 18? You look and sound 12!"

2. Attending a movie theater

"Sir, would you kindly remove your wig?"

3. Becoming a mechanic

"In other news, a young boy was killed today after his clothing got sucked into the car engine he was working on."

4. Being a locksmith

"I asked you to fix my lock... NOT firetruckING VAPORIZE IT!"

5. Holding a job

"So you want to be CEO but you grew up on a island with no education but and claim to have "saved the world"?

6. Not being convicted for drug use

"Do you honestly expect me to believe you traveled across the galaxy and met multiple Disney Characters?"

7. Getting into American Idol

"UNNNadeEeEeErrr THe SeAEAEAeAEaE"

8. Becoming a Pilot

"A plane crashed killing 300 people because the pilot allegedly attempted to "turn the camera sideways"

9. Playing with children

"AHH SCARY CLOWN!"

10. Buying shoes

" I don't think we have size 36 sneakers in stock..."

omfg that was funny as hell

Well maybe in KH3D or KH3 something really bad would happen and it will be all his fault. Like what Shana said. And it was because Sora was being too cocky or for another reason. But it has to be something really really bad. Like someone dying or a world falling into darkness. Then it could all be Soras fault and he will be forced to grow up and become more serious. I think something like that would add a lot of tenseness and action in KH.

Maybe Sora will fail the Mark of Mastery and it will be all up to Riku and Sora can somehow help him defeat Xehanort but not really be a Master. It could happen.

Edit: Please stay on topic guys.

There was one time Sora didn't know what to do in KHII. He had to kill the heartless but that would help rebuild Kingdom Hearts. So yeah, Sora knows those feelings. And he had to feel like he failed Riku when he went to the darkness.

I think if Sora were to fail again it would be because his enemies are playing up his weaknesses. For example, Sora is the type to try to fix everything himself even if it means sacrificing himself (like him becoming a heartless in KH1). An enemy can use that to put Sora in a position where he would sacrifice himself just to get him out of the way. I doubt it will be like 'Oh Sora's being an arrogant prick so he's getting what he deserves'. He doesn't need to be punished for having self confidence. It'll come from the wit and strength of his enemies.

I think Sora's failed a couple times. The one that comes to mind first is in how he more or less turns his back on Donald and Goofy in CoM, trying to pursue something he thought was more important, only to find that what he thought he was doing correctly was almost completely wrong. In the first Kingdom Hearts, you could argue that he more or less fails to remember what he was supposed to be doing (finding Kairi). The thing is that when Sora does encounter some kind of personal failing, he acknowledges it, learns from it, and gets over it. He doesn't brood or dwell on them; that's Riku's schtick. If Sora were to become more serious in nature, than Riku would become redundant, because both he and Sora would have the same personality.