Photo
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Knight Of Time

• 616 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Terra gave Riku the ability to wield the Keyblade, sure i believe that..
So Riku can summon Keyblades now, i agree.

How can Sora wield the Keyblade though?.. People say that its cause Ven is in Sora's heart, and i agree with that. Though wouldn't keeping Ven's heart in Sora just make it possible for Sora to wield two Keyblades at once?

Could this mean that Vanitas is also in Sora's heart, giving him the ability to wield the Keyblade? In KH3D we see him again...

Meh, what do you think.

#2 Lady Dreana

Lady Dreana

The Enigmatic One

• 706 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

ooooh another ven vanitas impression.I've never thought about it but maybe that's how sore can use up to 3 keyblades

#3 Azure Flame

Azure Flame
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

No, Ven's heart allowed him to wield a Keyblade at first, but later on it awakened the ability in Sora's heart, so when Ven's heart went to Roxas, Sora could still wield a Keyblade. And when Ven's heart went back to Sora, he could Dual Wield. Nomura said that Sora had the potential of wielding a Keyblade before getting Ven's heart, and that it just sped up the process.

#4 coolwings

coolwings

Death awaits you!

• 1,004 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wasn't Sora chosen to be Keyblade wielder, I always thought that was why he had a Keyblade.....

#5 Oishii

Oishii

日食の狩人

• Moderator (+)
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

And here I just wrote this in another thread. Let me find it and quote myself:

I like to think that Sora didn't get his power as a keyblade wielder from Ven but from some mythical force in the universe connected with Kingdom Hearts (it was destiny, if you will)

There you go.

#6 JTD95

JTD95

Hello, Zuko here.

• 1,767 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

The Keyblade given to Riku chose Sora over him when Riku opened his heart to darkness at the beginning of KH1. Ventus is the reason Sora can wield a second Keyblade in KH2.

#7 devereauxr

devereauxr

Two hearts cross to form the soul of the universe.

• 2,416 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

No, Ven's heart allowed him to wield a Keyblade at first, but later on it awakened the ability in Sora's heart, so when Ven's heart went to Roxas, Sora could still wield a Keyblade. And when Ven's heart went back to Sora, he could Dual Wield. Nomura said that Sora had the potential of wielding a Keyblade before getting Ven's heart, and that it just sped up the process.

I wonder how he got that ability in the first place

#8 Matthew

Matthew
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

What this guy said :P Also a side note when I first typed,"guy" here,i accidently mis-typed it as,"gay" xD

#9 Matthew

Matthew
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I wonder how he got that ability in the first place

The keyblade chose him! Remember? He was the keyblades chosen one!

#10 Venterrqua

Venterrqua

The Ever-Vigilant

• 661 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

All because of Roxas, Ven was in Soras heart (that may be why he can wield it but also the keyblade was light and was originally rikus but he went into the darkness so that could be why) but when he turned into a heartless, of course Roxas was born, now heres the main bit, when Roxas was in the Days period which was after KH1 and During KH CoM, the story of Xion was unfolding, she could summon a keyblade too, when Xion passed away Roxas had two keys, his own and Xions, and when he went back into sora, he too could wield both

#11 devereauxr

devereauxr

• 2,416 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

The keyblade chose him! Remember? He was the keyblades chosen one!

thats not what i'm talking about

#12 devereauxr

devereauxr

• 2,416 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

And here I just wrote this in another thread. Let me find it and quote myself:

There you go.

I wonder if the ability is hereditary

#13 Vivi111

Vivi111

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

• 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

*headdesk*

#14 Rob

Rob

Mighty No. R09

• 11,447 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

What Azure said since I was going to say it.

#15 VoidXName

VoidXName

want a Popsicle?

• 1,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think that the Keyblade chose Sora and that it had nothing to do with Ven's heart. Sora would have wielded the Keyblade regardless, Ven's heart just gives Sora the ability to dual wield Keyblades.

#16 Azure Flame

Azure Flame
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

What this guy said http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoti... Also a side note when I first typed,"guy" here,i accidently mis-typed it as,"gay" xD

lol, well I am a guy, but not gay xD

#17 khoathkeeper13

khoathkeeper13

The GMV Contest of 2011 Champion & 2013 Finalist

• 1,149 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Is there even a point in posting about 90% of this?

How can Sora wield the Keyblade though?.. People say that its cause Ven is in Sora's heart, and i agree with that. Though wouldn't keeping Ven's heart in Sora just make it possible for Sora to wield two Keyblades at once?

Ok, first of all, Sora has the potential to wield a Keyblade, meaning he has a strong enough heart.
Second, Sora was never chosen by another Keyblade wielder to be a successor like Terra did for Riku so Sora wasn't originally able to wield one.
Now what happened was, in the beginning of KH1 when Riku and Sora were being swallowed by darkness... *becomes lazy* here, Ultimania quote should explain:

the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

The only reason Sora could continue to wield the Keyblade afterwards was because he had Ven's heart inside him.
In Hollow Bastion, the Keyblade went back to Riku, the rightful wielder. But shortly after that, Sora's heart proved to be strong enough to wield a Keyblade itself and returned.
And so that's how Sora was chosen by the Keyblade.
Dual-wielding came into effect after Sora got his own Keyblade added with Ven's. Which had to happen after Roxas joined back together with Sora due to Roxas having Ven's heart since he was "born" near the end of KH1.

Could this mean that Vanitas is also in Sora's heart, giving him the ability to wield the Keyblade? In KH3D we see him again...

No. I'm not sure what to think about Vanitas and DDD. I don't feel like thinking about it >_<
But Vanitas has nothing to do with Sora wielding the Keyblade.