• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 A Black Sun

A Black Sun

I GOT A JAR OF AXELS!

• 68 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey guys i just read this on the KH wikia on Neku's character page:

"Neku is voiced in the game's Japanese version byKōki Uchiyama, who also voices Roxas and Ventus."

So then will they do the same with the English release? I mean, use Jesse McCartney for Neku? Just thought the whole thing was interesting....

#2 Junko

Junko

┗ ♬ ┓

• 2,408 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

most likely

#3 Lu Xun

Lu Xun

KH13's Brazilian Representant

• Social Media Team
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I think it's possible, but unless he does something with his voice like haley joel osment did to dub Vanitas, it'll be weird, at least for me. Roxas and Ven have a big connection, but Neku does not... The same voice with the same 'style' for the three of them would be... strange?

#4 Khrulesbbs

Khrulesbbs

Musical Composer

• 870 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

omg i loved how different haley joel osmet sounded as vanitas he did a great job changing the atitude of the character :D if jesse does voice neku he better not sound anything like ventus or roxas ..

#5 Anthony17

Anthony17

The Chosen

• 155 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

omg i loved how different haley joel osmet sounded as vanitas he did a great job changing the atitude of the character http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoti... if jesse does voice neku he better not sound anything like ventus or roxas ..

yea that means they have to try extra hard on KH3

#6 joku760

joku760

(insert best Member Title here)

• 184 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

in TWEWY neku's english voice actor was James David Corti. he might be in KH:DDD too.

#7 JTD95

JTD95

Hello, Zuko here.

• 1,812 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Neku already has an English voice actor, I don't see why they wouldn't use him again for KH3D.

#8 AnHeiressofaSOLDIER

AnHeiressofaSOLDIER
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

But James David Corti was the perfect Neku! If you don't believe it, watch the opening or ending (if you don't care about spoilers). He really seemed to become the character to me; and his voice suited him. I imagine he'll come back for 3D.

And Aaron Spann had better be Joshua. I couldn't imagine anyone else as Pink/Gold/Rainbow (Another Day joke). He was great as Josh. And I'd like to see him play the less manipulative Joshua in 3D. And I have to hear him reprise, "Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world." Ahh, nostalgia!

And, of course, I want Heather Hogan back as Shiki. She did such a great job with that! Just imagining her flirting with Riku... yeah, her voice fits perfectly! Hahaha. All the characters better have their clothes in good shape, if they don't want Shiki to make them strip.

Also, if Crawford Wilson comes back for Beat (which he should!), we'll have quite a few VAs from Avatar: The Last Airbender in this. Crawford was Jett, Mark Hamill (Eraqus) was the Firelord, and Mae Whitman (Yuffie in KH2 and DoC) was Katara. That's so cool. LOL.

#9 AnsemTheWise

AnsemTheWise

Heart's Eclipse

• 2,676 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

95% chance it'll be Corti. They'll most likely bring back all (or at least most) of the TWEWY actors instead fo just getting new ones.

#10 Nweintraub

Nweintraub

Robin the boy wonder

• 1,461 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

No, I'm pretty sure it'll be Jesse David Corti.

#11 Zenithia

Zenithia

Married to Tifa, alright :)

• 1,581 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

tutti frutti. Much in the same manner on how the VAs for some of the FF characters, I don't see why the VAs from TWEWY wouldn't return for their characters in KH3D. It would make a lot of sense for them to do that. TWEWY was a pretty good game, with the voices be great in the storyline. Much like Lu Xun had stated, McCartney would have to change his voice in order to avoid sounding like Ven and Roxas. Since Ven and Roxas are practically twins, if not the same person, McCartney could get away with it there.

#12 PrinceWatermelon

PrinceWatermelon
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

I agree with zhill. If McCartney ends up voicing Neku(which we'll discover within the next month), I have faith in him to not mess it up. Him, Osment, and Riku's Godlike voice actor have got to be some of my favorites, Flynn and Mark hamill aside.

#13 Vorian_Rob

Vorian_Rob

The True Rob!

• 209 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

I agree with zhill. If McCartney ends up voicing Neku(which we'll discover within the next month), I have faith in him to not mess it up. Him, Osment, and Riku's Godlike voice actor have got to be some of my favorites, Flynn and Mark hamill aside.

Kudos for bolding the Arkham in Mark Hamill. But yeah, TWEWY is a separate series from FF or KH so its not uncommon to have voice actors reappearing between the two. However as Neku already had an english voice, and he did a great job, I would expect that we would have James David Corti return. TWEWY characters had very few spoken lines. So when they did speak it was memorable, to change that voice would change the character.

#14 Rob

Rob

Mighty No. R09

• 11,447 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

I could of have sworn Neku had his own voice actor. Why you write him off like that?

#15 Vorian_Rob

Vorian_Rob

The True Rob!

• 209 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

I could of have sworn Neku had his own voice actor. Why you write him off like that?

My guess is the original poster hasnt played TWEWY and was researching it on Wikipedia. When they saw that Roxas and Neku had the same voice in Japan they rushed over here rather than checking the english name.

#16 Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas

Kingdom Hearts researcher

• 1,114 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

i think that the voiceactor who did kh2 setzer in japan also did the voice of terra but the voiceactor who did setzer in kh2 in english didnt do terra as many of the fans expected but they chose jason dohring instead ,so maybe they will use another voiceactor so that people wont get neku and roxas,ventus confused,thats just my opinion