Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Slicer9875

KH2 Sora vs. Roxas Fight

Why does Roxas just stand there after he pins down Sora's keyblade? I mean, Sora just looks at him angrily but Roxas just points Oblivion at him without actually doing anything even though he has the upper hand. Furthermore, how the heck is Roxas even winning if he is "half of Sora" and has less experience with the keyblade. Not to mention how does he come out and summon samurai nobodies? I never saw him do that in 358/2 days?

About Roxas not striking Sora down, this was all just Roxas testing Sora to see if he could carry on the task of taking on the Organization, and partially because he had wanted answers as to why he was forced to hold a Keyblade, and now he had them.

As to how he was able to momentarily defeat Sora, they're fighting strategies are very different. Roxas had two Keyblades, and took every opportunity he had to rush Sora. Sora was stuck on the defensive the whole fight, and was simply overpowered by Roxas' brute strength.

As to the Samurais, each member of the Organization can control their own Nobody. Roxas' was Samurai.

Psh why didn't we get to control Samurai nobodies in Days? lol jk but that would have been nice. And it doesn't matter who gains the upper hand in the middle of a fight, the final victor is the only thing that matters. Which was, of course, Sora. Plus, I think Sora was pretty taken by surprise.

Another question: Roxas said "Why did he pick you?" was he refering to Ven or something? I would say he was talking about the keyblades, but he said "he" instead of it. Makes me wonder what Roxas knows about it, or how much of Roxas is Ven.

didn't you read one of my topics before. It meant why did IT pick you which is the keyblade

Oh I see. Well, that was an epic fail on their part. Like, a REALLY epic fail. What else in Kingdom Hearts was a lie!?

Well, disregard my musings. Although it would be cooler if it referenced Ven, it makes more sense that he was talking about the keyblade.

Roxas was able to win because he was dual wielding. We all know how overpowered that makes him. He didn't strike Sora down most liekly because he knows that he is a part of Sora. He came to terms with that at the end of the opening. About the Samurai's, each Org member can control one of the types, Xemnas can control them all. When a member defects or dies, Xemnas simply takes full time control of their Nobodies. Originally, a Samurai partner was going to be used in Days, but the idea was scrapped.

The main reason why Roxas won was because he had two keyblades. He also took every oppurtunity he had to strike Sora with a strong attack. Also the Samuri Nobodies are under Roxas control. He can probably control other Nobodies too.

Each Nobody had a generic Nobody they could control. For example, Demyx has the Dancers. Xemnas can control all of them.

Another question: Roxas said "Why did he pick you?" was he refering to Ven or something? I would say he was talking about the keyblades, but he said "he" instead of it. Makes me wonder what Roxas knows about it, or how much of Roxas is Ven.

If im correct, he was supposed to say "It" instead of "he". I guess its just tranlation error. I know that Nomura might have planned BBS like "past title" from the beginning but i dont believe he had any acctual plans for Ven by then, except maybe for Roxas different appearance from Sora and Xigbar mentioning him, Terra and Aqua.

If im correct, he was supposed to say "It" instead of "he". I guess its just tranlation error. I know that Nomura might have planned BBS like "past title" from the beginning but i dont believe he had any acctual plans for Ven by then, except maybe for Roxas different appearance from Sora and Xigbar mentioning him, Terra and Aqua.

Yeah, realized that later :P sad, you'd think that a game like Kingdom Hearts done by Disney and Square would be relatively free of such errors...especially when Nomura likes to slip in little things like that just to mess with our heads. "Why did it pick you" makes a lot more sense when you look at Roxas' history; he wanted to know why he and Sora had the keyblade. Also he obviously does not know about Ven lol.

Now, if he had said "she"...well, that would have been really brilliant, that Roxas could still just faintly remember Xion, but that would be seriously pushing the envelope. Especially since no one is supposed to remember Xion at all...

Edited by deathrebirthsenshi

Well that was pretty interestin I came to the thread to see for myself what was it cause I too had this question so 1st)Thx everybody for answering 2nd)Thx to the thread author for making this and helping me too :)

The original line was "why were you chosen", without indication of gender or subject. He could have had multiple things on his mind at that point, the translator(s) just decided to play up his friendship with Axel (and the "he" translation isn't really much of a stretch, considering FM).

He wanted to know why had the Keyblade choose Sora, so Roxas was testing his strength. Roxas, sure he had won, laid down his guard, but Sora had more strength of heart, and managed to call his Keyblade back to his hands (much to Roxas' surprise) and overturned his Nobody, and won.

Such things happen in KH. Like when they wait for the enemie's speech before attacking. Or they just slowy see a Organization member get away, or just hear all his jibber jabber to confuse themselves. It's KH