Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This has been a topic around the community for at least a year now? I've seen many different content creators touch upon this subject and I decided to go and tackle this topic my own. I went around the community asking select people who have played Kingdom Hearts 3 as well as those who haven't about their opinions on this topic. So, I could have some more insight to add to my own opinion. 

This is my video about about Floaty Combat and Kingdom Hearts 3 and how it has or has not effected the Kingdom Hearts Series as much as some people may think. Leave your thoughts below and I hope you enjoy the video!

It's not about floaty air combat ruining the game.

It's about floaty air combat making the game less fun.

And as a side note, i think the speedrunners ARE the hardcore fans. When you refer to yourself as a hardcore fan, but imply speedrunners aren't, it makes it feel like your' talking down to the rest of the community.

Otherwise okay video dude.

It's not about floaty air combat ruining the game.

It's about floaty air combat making the game less fun.

And as a side note, i think the speedrunners ARE the hardcore fans. When you refer to yourself as a hardcore fan, but imply speedrunners aren't, it makes it feel like your' talking down to the rest of the community.

Otherwise okay video dude.

I mean, I'd like to consider myself a hardcore fan, but I don't typically speedrun. I see the point you're making in that speedrunners should ALSO be considered hardcore fans considering how familiar and dedicated they have to be with the game in order to speedrun it, but it's not like that's the only qualifier for being "hardcore". There's lots of different ways to play intensely, just thought I'd put that out there.

I don't trust Osaka team. I want to do a blind playthrough on Critical, but the floatiness reports and other combat issues are making me seriously consider playing on Beginner to avoid any combat BS and enjoy the story.

So yeah, I'd say it's a problem.

Personally? No i don't think it's a bad thing. I believe it was a counter to how people exploited the whole "Short Hop, Combo, Finished, Land, Short Hop, Repeat". THAT made the game incredibly easy. They removed that design post KH2 and honestly it has made the games more difficult. I mean look at the LW fight in Fm2. If that game was as floaty as BBS and onwards, you completely make the Cheese way obsolete. I think it was a good thing in the long run. It was only an issue because the KeyKeepers kept bringing it up and people jumped on the bandwagon.

Personally? No i don't think it's a bad thing. I believe it was a counter to how people exploited the whole "Short Hop, Combo, Finished, Land, Short Hop, Repeat". THAT made the game incredibly easy. They removed that design post KH2 and honestly it has made the games more difficult. I mean look at the LW fight in Fm2. If that game was as floaty as BBS and onwards, you completely make the Cheese way obsolete. I think it was a good thing in the long run. It was only an issue because the KeyKeepers kept bringing it up and people jumped on the bandwagon.

This isn't a bandwagon. I don't watch the keykeepers. This has been a legitimate issue with the kingdom hearts series since birth by sleep. The thing your talking about with the lingering will is an exploit involving certain abilities in kh2fm, a glitch, not the intended way to fight him. The floaty controls were very clearly not added to bbs to counter a glitch in kh2. Bbs and onwards had an oversight which prevented the characters from falling until they entered the 'falling' animation. This is why we still have floaty air combat today.

This isn't a bandwagon. I don't watch the keykeepers. This has been a legitimate issue with the kingdom hearts series since birth by sleep. The thing your talking about with the lingering will is an exploit involving certain abilities in kh2fm, a glitch, not the intended way to fight him. The floaty controls were very clearly not added to bbs to counter a glitch in kh2. Bbs and onwards had an oversight which prevented the characters from falling until they entered the 'falling' animation. This is why we still have floaty air combat today.

Normally i'd agree, but you could do the same in KH1 minus any abilities you have equipped.