Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III opening song, "Face My Fears", coming January 18th, 2019, alongside "Don't Think Twice"; will feature Skrillex

His usual genres aren't exactly among my favorites, far from them actually, but I don't want to condemn it yet. The main reason is that he's not the only one working on it and in the end, he is not the one making the final decision. There must have been a reason why he was chosen, probably because he has experience with remixes and because he must have been considered suitable.

This is not to say that he's the only one who could mess up since I don't like Chikai at all. I would rather prefer an orchestrated theme again too with no lyrics. But I still think it could be good in the end.

Music taste is such a fickle thing but at least we have the reassurance that it will only be the theme song and there're still plenty of other scores to be enjoyed for sure.

Thanks for informing us about this, Leamax!

Huh, I still find the concept of Skrillex doing a theme song for Kingdom Hearts to be such a strange combination! But hey, then again, people thought that blending Disney with Final Fantasy was a strange concept back in the day, am I right? So let's give this theme a chance! It does have a cool name, and well, I'm sure Skrillex will manage to make a theme for Kingdom Hearts III that is worthy of the franchise, ya know?

Still, I would've loved for Don't Think Twice to be the main overall theme, considering the dark tone the game will have, ya know?

To those wondering why Skillrex is doing it originally, he just wanted to remix it but Utada and him apparently are good friends? So it just expanded into him actually being brought on board to do the opening as well plus he's a massive KH fan apparently so I got faith in this.