•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

GOTY: God of War vs Spider-Man

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deplanet08

deplanet08
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:32 AM

Hello everyone! Hope you’re having a great day! I wanted everyone’s opinion on this. I am having trouble deciding which game I loved more this year, God of War or Spider-Man. They are both such great games for different reasons. I was leaning a little more towards God of War but I’m also think Spider-Man just had a great and replayable open world. I’m torn here. If you played either or both of them, tell me your thoughts or another game you think deserves game of the year! I would love to hear everyone’s opinion, thank!

#2 Emrys

Emrys

They call me baby driver

• 1,572 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

I had a super fun time with Spider-Man. I went out of my way to get the prequel book and platinum the game which is weird for me. Dad of war wasn’t bad but I definitely loved the new Spider-Man game

#3 Dustin Lübbers

Dustin Lübbers

ZgermanGuy

• 1,427 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

played neither of them I wait till it will be 20 bucks each

#4 deplanet08

deplanet08
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:00 AM

I had a super fun time with Spider-Man. I went out of my way to get the prequel book and platinum the game which is weird for me. Dad of war wasn’t bad but I definitely loved the new Spider-Man game

That’s kinda why I’m leaning a little more towards Spider-Man. I rarely platinum any games but I just really enjoyed doing it with that game. I never felt like going back to platinum God of War after finishing the story. I’m starting to think that Spider-Man might take the cake

#5 Queen Tery

Queen Tery

Software Developer

• 3,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

That is a tough one. God of War was pretty awesome considering I'm not even a fan of the God of War series and I loved that game. Spiderman was also fantastic considering there was no Spiderman game that was really that great before it. I've played more of Spiderman than God of War, but it feels like there's more to do in God of War. In my personal interest, I'd probably pick Spiderman, but from an objective product standpoint I'd probably say God of War. 

#6 hawk222

hawk222
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

I think God of War will take it since it was released earlier. In previous situations where 2 standout games came out in the same year, the award usually went to the one that was released first since people had been able to enjoy it for a longer period of time.

(Personally though, I can't choose. I've only played God of War but Spider-Man looks amazing.)

#7 Chozé Freedom Svoboda

Chozé Freedom Svoboda

"I hail from the Dark Side...."

• 445 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

I LOVE both of them. Really enjoyed God of War! Now I'm nearing the end in Spider-Man. Will definitely platinum the game.

#8 Rey Starkiller

Rey Starkiller
  • 910 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

I'll give it to Spider-Man. I enjoyed it much more, and it really understood what it wanted and needed to be.

#9 sagman12PC

sagman12PC

Divine blade of Steel

• 609 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Had more fun with GoW. Its just a masterpiece

#10 Daniel Macauley

Daniel Macauley
  • Social Media Team
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Although I think GoW was an amazing game, Spider-Man has been needing a decent game for the longest time and Insomniac smashed it out of the park for sure. Story was spectacular, the web swinging was just perfect to me and I constantly played that game till I got the platinum for it and I am patiently waiting for all of the DLC. So for me its Spider-Man hands down.