Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Chasm

Anyone else bothered by lack of game info?

We're 4 months away from the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 and there's still a buttload of stuff we don't know. Sure, we know about worlds, keyblade transformations, links, and attraction flow, but I'm kind of hoping they go into detail about more relatively soon. We know we can level up Keyblades, but how? How do we go about finding actual worlds in gummi ships? How do NPCs react to heartless in towns if that happens? Are there collectibles? Anything new with the synthesis system? How do the menus look?

Only some of these things were mentioned randomly in interviews, but I feel like there's still so much we don't know and it's kind of bumming me out. Anyone else feel the same?

We're 4 months away from the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 and there's still a buttload of stuff we don't know. Sure, we know about worlds, keyblade transformations, links, and attraction flow, but I'm kind of hoping they go into detail about more relatively soon. We know we can level up Keyblades, but how? How do we go about finding actual worlds in gummi ships? How do NPCs react to heartless in towns if that happens? Are there collectibles? Anything new with the synthesis system? How do the menus look?

Only some of these things were mentioned randomly in interviews, but I feel like there's still so much we don't know and it's kind of bumming me out. Anyone else feel the same?

I feel the same and not the same at the same time... Weird 

What?! We’re getting PLENTY of information, actually, I’d say it’s safe to argue that we’re gett TOO MUCH information!

Seriously? Compared to the marketing for their other games like FFXV, there is still a lot we havent seen or hasn't been talked about.

We still haven't seen any FF characters, news on stuff we can actually do in some worlds, abilities, combos, etc. Sure we know the leveling up system will be like the "traditional" way, but we still don't know anything beyond that. We have the huge worlds to explore, but are their secrets to find other than hidden mickeys? Stickers? More minigames? Party Member customization? Do we have to constantly go back to Twilight Town for bluffs or can we make food and take it on the go? Sorry. I just think we know basic stuff.

What?! We’re getting PLENTY of information, actually, I’d say it’s safe to argue that we’re gett TOO MUCH information!

I agree, what we've seen is even a little bit too much, at least storywise. I would be satisfied with no more info, aside from the obvious world announcements. We don't need to know everything about how the game works before it releases!

Seriously? Compared to the marketing for their other games like FFXV, there is still a lot we havent seen or hasn't been talked about.

We still haven't seen any FF characters, news on stuff we can actually do in some worlds, abilities, combos, etc. Sure we know the leveling up system will be like the "traditional" way, but we still don't know anything beyond that. We have the huge worlds to explore, but are their secrets to find other than hidden mickeys? Stickers? More minigames? Party Member customization? Do we have to constantly go back to Twilight Town for bluffs or can we make food and take it on the go? Sorry. I just think we know basic stuff.

I’m just glad we’re GETTING information at all. Besides, wouldn’t it ruin the experience for you if you already knew a lot? And that’s the point of the “lack” of information, is to keep you excited and in suspense.

First, FF characters should be the LEAST of our concerns in terms of “important” information, this is a Kingdom Hearts game. I don’t think of Cloud first when I play it. Secondly, we got a couple of revealed mini games, such as Classic Kingdom, the mini game where we cook with Remy, Goofy Curling, and the rhythm game in Kingdom of Corona. Thirdly, Gamersjoint has shown that there are Hidden Mickey’s in game to find. “Basic” stuff is a good amount of information to me, and it should be for everyone else too. Be glad that we’re getting any information at all. I think we got quite a bit of information. There’s only four months left before KH3 releases.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Okay, but why do you want to spoil every aspect of the game for yourself before you even play it? It would be way more special if you didn't know much about it going into it. I think they only should've announced a couple of worlds with a little bit of gameplay throughout the span of the entire development process. I HATE how much they've spoiled the game already, and I'm refusing to watch any more trailers or looking at any more info until the game releases. I want to just walk into gamestop, buy the game, marvel at the amazing box art, cry, and then just let the game take over my life for about a month. I don't want to play this game through leaks and trailers, I want it to be a tangible, personal experience for MYSELF. This series means too much to me for me to just watch everything before I play it. It isn't fun anymore when you already know everything. For example, seeing Aqua norted in a trailer is impactful, but not as impactful as actually experiencing it happening in the story yourself. You guys literally have zero patience I swear to god...

Okay, but why do you want to spoil every aspect of the game for yourself before you even play it? It would be way more special if you didn't know much about it going into it. I think they only should've announced a couple of worlds with a little bit of gameplay throughout the span of the entire development process. I HATE how much they've spoiled the game already, and I'm refusing to watch any more trailers or looking at any more info until the game releases. I want to just walk into gamestop, buy the game, marvel at the amazing box art, cry, and then just let the game take over my life for about a month. I don't want to play this game through leaks and trailers, I want it to be a tangible, personal experience for MYSELF. This series means too much to me for me to just watch everything before I play it. It isn't fun anymore when you already know everything. For example, seeing Aqua norted in a trailer is impactful, but not as impactful as actually experiencing it happening in the story yourself. You guys literally have zero patience I swear to god...

Lol. I dont consider game mechanics to be spoilers. They don't affect the outcome of the story. Zero patience? Do I really need to point out how long we've ALL waited for this game? I'm a fan just as much as you are. With that being said, I like to know about a games mechanics before I purchase it. I'm a consumer first.

I kinda agree with you. I think it is weird that we dont have a story trailer yet that explain the story of the game. Sure most of the "Die-hard Fans" know what we will do, but with the world reveals, Kingdom Hearts 3 get a lot of attention and hype to people who are unfamiliar with the franchise. So it would be nice for them to see a story trailer so they know they wont buy a game just for the Toy Story world or so.

I kinda agree with you. I think it is weird that we dont have a story trailer yet that explain the story of the game. Sure most of the "Die-hard Fans" know what we will do, but with the world reveals, Kingdom Hearts 3 get a lot of attention and hype to people who are unfamiliar with the franchise. So it would be nice for them to see a story trailer so they know they wont buy a game just for the Toy Story world or so.

This too. We have a story synopsis, but not even that has been showcased in a trailer. Idk man. The only real thing we know are what worlds we're going to and imo that's the one thing I wish could've stayed a secret. I trade world reveals for detailed game mechanics explanations.

I don't feel the same way because I want to learn those details when I play the game myself. In my opinion, It's more fun and exciting to figure out how the gameplay works by yourself than some trailer or interview telling you how the gameplay works. Plus, I rather have worlds revealed than some mechanics explanations.

Edited by Movies798

We really don't know that much about the game to be honest. I really don't understand how people think they revealed too much. If your OK with what we have so far and don't need anymore that's fine, but people saying that they have spoiled the game too much I don't understand. Is this about the Aqua reveal? A moment that is probably really early in the game that Nomura does not really consider a spoiler? And we don't even know the details of it? Like I get not wanting to know everything about the story and the twists, but we really don't even know the main story. And it might stay that way until the game releases but it might not. Anyway, my point is the trailers have not ruined anything so far. There are still plenty of surprises that will probably not be revealed until the game is out. Even if they did not reveal all the worlds in trailers they would have probably showed all of them on the website before the game released anyway, so why not just have a cool trailer for them to keep people hyped. Which is the main point of the trailers. To keep people hyped. If they stopped suddenly and did not have another one until the game releases, the fans that are not the hard core fans would loose interest very quickly. They need to keep with the trailers, especially with the game only a few months away.

And Chasm is right, we have not really got many details about game mechanics. And I don't personally see that as spoilers. It's fun to figure some things for yourself, but I don't see it as ruining the experience much.

If you want to ruin the experience now months before release by basically spoiling the whole thing, be my guest. I have no clue where this notion of too little information comes from also. If anything, they have spoiled us.

No spoiled is getting the FFXV treatment before launch.

We still dont know anything about the online element lmao.

I'm just happy that this game is coming out during my lifetime. I was 10 when the first KH title came out. I'm 26 now and KHIII is the only title I've truly been excited about. It's nice to have trailers and some spoilers instead of being left in the dark about everything and having to guess what happens in the KH Universe. If we have online capabilities, that makes the game that much better. I don't need all the fanciest bells and whistles in order to enjoy the game and having all the information and spoilers in the world might be cool to some people but I'd rather save the surprise for later on down the line. If I can wait this long for KHIII, I can wait a few months without being up Nomura's ass 24/7 trying to squeeze information out of him. Patience is a virtue. 

No spoiled is getting the FFXV treatment before launch.

We still dont know anything about the online element lmao.

Oh that part. Yes that. I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. If they talk about it at all, great, but if not, okay then. I don’t even think we will get any clue about the online side of things until maybe right before release if they have an online part.

Oh that part. Yes that. I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. If they talk about it at all, great, but if not, okay then. I don’t even think we will get any clue about the online side of things until maybe right before release if they have an online part.

I just remember Nomura saying there will be online elements and that's all lol. Probably a global leaderboard for gummiship missions or something

We got quite a lot of info and many trailers.We don't need every single detail to get spoiled,we know the game will be amazing,just be patient and enjoy the game when it comes out.

Not gonna lie. KH fans are the only ones that act like this lol. Look at all the other games in the industry. KH is almost the only game that has this wierd marketing. We haven't gotten "a lot" of KH info. Remember, this might be a game to us, but it's still a product to Square. They have to detail their product. Just finding it weird with how little they've actually gone into doing so for KH. If KH got the same treatment as all of Squares other titles then we'd REALLY have a lot of info by now and then some.

I just remember Nomura saying there will be online elements and that's all lol. Probably a global leaderboard for gummiship missions or something

He did? I don’t remember that at all. He probably did and my memory is bad, but online stuff is the least of my concerns.

Not gonna lie. KH fans are the only ones that act like this lol. Look at all the other games in the industry. KH is almost the only game that has this wierd marketing. We haven't gotten "a lot" of KH info. Remember, this might be a game to us, but it's still a product to Square. They have to detail their product. Just finding it weird with how little they've actually gone into doing so for KH. If KH got the same treatment as all of Squares other titles then we'd REALLY have a lot of info by now and then some.

We know the world will be bigger this time around with more exploration,but there may not be as many worlds as in KH2,the combat is similar then before but even more flashier with keyblade transformations and all that stuff and magic seem well integrated into the combat,I believe we saw that summons and drive forms are back,the combat doesn't use BBS and DDD's command deck system,DDD's flowmotion is in the game,we know about the disney attractions,we've seen many returning and new worlds and many story details along with many returning character.There's even more things I haven't mention or that I don't know about,I don't follow KH3 news very deeply,what else do you need to know,it's a Kingdom Hearts game,so you can expect many elements that were in the previous games here and as a sequel you can expect some new ideas as well. Square doesn't need to spoil everything,if there are multiple playable characters,they can keep it as a surprise,we don't need every single detail about the game I think Edited by Isaix

I've always taken the assumption that things can be worked out from what's presented to us in terms of news and visually. There seems to a pattern where something is mentioned (sometimes briefly), then we will see something in a trailer and then be like ahh so that's how X works. It's actually quite fun and makes the trailers more significant rather than plot/ world reveals. In relation to how much do we need to hear/see, I feel like there's both an assumption and a mark of respect, we know how abilities work etc and from a business perspective, I cannot blame them for focusing on displaying the advanced mechanics, not only are they aesthetically flashy, but it helps to promote why this is a new entry. 

End of the day, I don't think anyone will ever be truly happy with what we get, some will crave more, some will crave the technical points and others will think way too much is being displayed. My take is whilst there are certain things I'd like to see, I accept I'm in a minority for the technical points, end of the day SE have to constantly promote the game and ensure interest is displayed. 

I would like to think as fans of the series, we don't need convincing as such, we know that on Jan 29th we're playing this (or as close as we can.) SE don't need to sell this game to us, however for people who aren't as hardcore or even newcomers ( more the merrier) they do need to think how best sell this. Hence why certain things are given greater importance or repeated. People are more likely to get hyped over World X than Explosion was shown for a second! (in all fairness in the original KH2, that ability was top notch.) 

I honestly think that we've gotten tons upon tons of buttloads of information about the game. If anything, this has been the year we've been the most exposed to Kingdom Hearts III trailers and information, ya know? We've gotten details about the worlds, how expansive they'll be, the different styles of combat, where the story is headed and the basic rundown on things. I'm sure Nomura will explain a little about the gameplay mechanics and things, but I also believe the tutorial in the game will be good enough. 

With the info as it has been coming, I'm honestly happy with the marketing this game has been getting, ya know? I can't wait for tomorrow's trailer! X_X