Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Saber Lily

KH3 Theory - Xion

Hi there, your resident Xion fanboy with a theory as convoluted as the entire story of Dream Drop Distance here. So by now many of us have seen the new TGS trailer showing off Big Hero 6 and Baymax, aka Donald but he actually does his job, as well as a little montage of all the Seekers...and then the new one. Many have said it's Aqua but her hair is far longer on the sides and covers more of either side of her head. This leads me to go with the heartbreaking conclusion that Xion's been Norted.

"But Sabre, if this is Xion, and not some new Seeker that's introduced...how, when everyone forgot about her?"

"Buuuuut Sabre she's gone."

Because killing someone in Kingdom Hearts has worked so well :P Jokes aside, I for a moment wondered how Xion would have gotten norted, I really did. But then I hit an epiphany. Xehanort said Sora was his chosen vessel, but when should anyone be truthful to us? Xehanort telling his plans as such is folly; he knows how stubborn those of the Light can be, and knowing how hard Terra struggled once the plan was known, I don't think he'd be so...open. Plus, there's no way he wouldn't have figured out that Sora can overcome any darkness within him given time, especially with Riku there, meaning...why risk it? Why risk attempting to turn Sora when it would be simpler to find someone else who could be filled with another part of Xehanort?

Then it hit me. They were lying. At no point were they trying to turn Sora. They were going to fill an empty puppet, one that had helped a former Org13 member turn against them.

But everyone forgot about Xion. How could Xehanort have known Xion was there? Well, that's simple, and explained, again, in Dream Drop Distance. Memories of Xion were forgotten...but not data. Ansem the Wise remembered her existence. He expressly mentions an empty puppet could be saved by the love in Sora's heart. If Ansem the Wise was able to catalog and record Xion's existence but forget all about her, then it only begs the question.

How extensive was Vexen's research?

Having that trove of information at hand, from every project Vexen ever did...it requires them going back to Castle Oblivion yes, but there is no reason not to. And, going through Vexen's data means they will have known what to do. With the access to time travel...what is stopping them from going to the point in time Roxas and Xion fought, telling Xemnas WXYZ, and keeping tabs on Roxas after the fight. They'd know that eventually Roxas would return to Sora...alongside that empty puppet with a sham of a Keyblade.

This leads to the how: How did they manage it? Well, the entire time that Riku was fighting Young Xehanort, Stopza was shown to not exactly work on them for any real period of time. What in fact stopped the 13 Seekers of Darkness from extracting that which was Xion from Sora, and hiding her away briefly for the oncoming exchange? Xehanort has been shown to have plans within plans, work quickly and as efficiently as possible - barring bits of irrational behavior.

What of Mickey? Unsure, the only real hole in my theory as I'm unsure of what he was doing besides waiting for Riku to return...but as Stopza fades, it shows Master Xehanort has already fully manifested in the timeline. With Mickey distracted...

Well.

Xehanort is shown to need but a minute to use the spell to fill. One he would have had when YMX went against Riku.

The entire plan was never to use Sora. The entire time, Xehanort had planned to use Xion. Xemnas even said she'd make a fitting vessel in the 358/2 Days cutscenes.

But that's just a theory.

No I'm not Matpack.

Edited by Sabre Lily

First of all and with a lot of pain in my heart I gotta say, YES, it s Xion in the trailer... it's quite clear actually... on regards of your theory... I don't know. It might be possible but doesn't look like it is what Nomura would do IMO. But you do hit certain questions regarding Xion's return such as how did Xehanort find her? Why did she accepted it? Does that mean Roxas might be norted as well?

Lots of questions but no answers :(

First of all and with a lot of pain in my heart I gotta say, YES, it s Xion in the trailer... it's quite clear actually... on regards of your theory... I don't know. It might be possible but doesn't look like it is what Nomura would do IMO. But you do hit certain questions regarding Xion's return such as how did Xehanort find her? Why did she accepted it? Does that mean Roxas might be norted as well?

Lots of questions but no answers :(

I doubt Sora accepted Xehanort's heart. I honestly think he used Sora as misdirection and extracted Xion while Riku was on his way.

So many questions. No answers.