Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nweintraub

WWE 2K16 commentary mentions the likes of CM Punk

I was playing WWE 2K16 on PS3 as a custom made Bobby Lashley, pitting him against Roman Reigns, & I couldn't help but hear Jerry "The King" Lawler say "Roman Reigns has terrorized the likes of John Cena, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Undertaker..." I don't remember the rest of the sentence, I'm just in shock over the fact that King would mention Punk & get away with it, & I hear all this crud about CM Punk being completely ostracized from WWE for the rest of his absence, but then 4 years later, I hear commentary talking about him. I mean, I get that I could have taken the time to look for this audio clip sooner (but it never truly occurred to me), & that it's partially outdated, but you would think that if Vince truly wanted ALL references of Punk removed, that would mean commentary dialogue as well. Of course, years ago, I heard audio about Hulk Hogan as well, but that's nothing compared to the CM Punk reference.

You know, I've always been curious as to what happened to CM Punk. I heard that there was a lot of controversy that surrounded him, and that it's why he's not around anymore. What's the story behind that?

At first I thought it was simply because they fired him for getting married to AJ Lee, but then, there was also the fact that WWE doctors cleared him to compete while he was still injured, & he thought that was prejudicial, & he hated with a vengeance how Vince favored Roman Reigns over him. As soon as they feuded, CM Punk was reduced to a jobber, a mid-carder, to the point where he didn't even care whether or not he was scheduled to compete, let alone win. He just hated the abuse he was given from Vince. He wanted desperately to be a Main Eventer, but they made Batista & Randy Orton Main Eventers instead. They don't care about what Punk wants or what the WWE Universe, they just want to make it ALL about him. You may as well re-name WWE "Vince's 10-Footers", or "Muscle Mania Running Wild", because ever since WWE chose to go PG & get rid of CM Punk, Dean Ambrose (as a singles competitor), Goldberg, Goldust (where even is he?), John Cena, & Bray Wyatt, putting "Entertainment" in the title is a lost cause, save for bringing back Daniel Bryan, Shelton Benjamin, Drew McIntyre, the Hardy Boys, Kurt Angle, Beth Phoenix, Molly Holly, Michelle McCool, Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Lita, MVP, & EC3. I'm not even gonna bring up Bobby Lashley, Curt Hawkins, Mickie James, Albert or Jinder Mahal, because they just got turned into jobbers, deeming their return a waste of time. The WWE Universe wants to be entertained, but instead, Vince wants to make it all about him. 

Edited by Nweintraub

At first I thought it was simply because they fired him for getting married to AJ Lee, but then, there was also the fact that WWE doctors cleared him to compete while he was still injured, & he thought that was prejudicial, & he hated with a vengeance how Vince favored Roman Reigns over him. As soon as they feuded, CM Punk was reduced to a jobber, a mid-carder, to the point where he didn't even care whether or not he was scheduled to compete, let alone win. He just hated the abuse he was given from Vince. You may as well re-name WWE "Vince's 10-Footers", because ever since WWE chose to go PG & get rid of CM Punk, Dean Ambrose (as a singles competitor), Goldberg, Goldust (where even is he?), John Cena, & Bray Wyatt, putting "Entertainment" in the title is a lost cause, save for bringing back Daniel Bryan, Shelton Benjamin, Drew McIntyre, the Hardy Boys, Kurt Angle, Beth Phoenix, Molly Holly, Michelle McCool, Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Lita, MVP, & EC3. I'm not even gonna bring up Bobby Lashley, Curt Hawkins, Mickie James, or Jinder Mahal, because they just got turned into jobbers, deeming their return a waste of time.

Oh wow, so that much controversy, huh? That's pretty messed up! But hey, wrestling has kind of faded down over the past few years. Don't get me wrong, fans still pack the stadiums, but that magic and awesomeness that made WWE epic is missing, I think.