Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I think Terra's death is a more likely occurrence. Getting that redemption while also finishing off his story in an epic, respectful way.

Riku has more of a story to tell. Like I see him training keyblade masters for years to come. Terra on the other hand will be able to set everything right, as he promised, by sacrificing himself against Xehanort or smth.

I also can't see any of the main trio getting killed off. That's just my opinion though. I imagine the story would still be interesting if Riku died or not, anything could happen. I'm not really for or against anything at this point, I just want to know what's gonna happen!!

You assume that people in KH actually die. There's no death in KH, only hiatuses.

Even if death was a thing in this franchise, I can't see it happening to Riku for a variety of reasons. Main reason is that I don't see a point, plot-wise or character development-wise. It'd just seem like such a waste. Riku spent how many games going through all those lessons about conquering darkness and not being a dick to your friends... and just dies? Like, why? Can't Riku spend the finale being cool and enjoying his spiffy Master title, and give some space for the other characters who desperately need development? Like that chick, what's-her-face... Kari or something. I think I remember her.

Plus I just like Riku and don't wanna see him gone. And stuff.

I have actually thought that Riku is going to die for a long time.  I have always thought that someone of importance is going to die, and so I thought to myself, "Whose death would leave the biggest impact, apart from Sora's?"  The answer I arrived at was: Riku.  Then, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.  I think that you really hit all the main points that back this up.  Like you, I just don't see where Riku's story can go from here.

Recently, there has been one more thing that has convinced me that Riku is going to die.  Along with the official Kingdom Hearts recap videos released by Square-Enix, memorial leaflets were also released, and each of them had a quote connecting to Kingdom Hearts III.  One of the three quotes that you could get in the "Dawn" leaflets said, "Now our journey ends too, yours and mine..."  Since the "Dawn" recap video told Riku's story from Chain of Memories to the end of 358/2 Days, I think that this quote must relate to Riku somehow, and since it is talking about journeys coming to an end, I'm guessing that Riku may know that he is going to die.  However, if Riku is the one talking, who is he talking to?  Could Riku be talking to Riku Replica?  Will both of them sacrifice themselves for the sake of the World and their friends?  Also, if he is saying that he and the unknown person's journeys will end "too", the "too" must mean that at least one other person's journey has either already ended or is going to end.  I guess there is a possibility that we will see multiple significant characters die by the end of Kingdom Hearts III.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

Whilst you could argue that Riku's portrayal in the latest trailers allude to this, with him appearing to have been defeated by Aquanort and the symbolism of Replica Riku, where all hearts return to darkness and being a potential fragment of his imagination (I'm still hoping we see a parallel arc to Sora/Roxas to recognise him as an individual, however I think this is a red herring. Now whilst it would be ballsy to kill one of our Original Trio, I see Riku's arc mirroring Xehanort's where in the aftermath he will travel around the worlds and keep an eye on the darkness, whilst Sora will be the 'stay behind master'. In relation to death, there's no essential need to kill Riku off. Whilst I do agree that one of the major characters probably won't survive the game, I have a feeling we are in for an Aquanort twist. Then again, if they do give him the cliche sacrificial death sequence, then despite being predictable, I wouldn't be outraged/distraught.

This was a very well thought out video! You make a good point with what you deduced, and I've actually been fearing for Riku for a while now! It could be that things come full circle for him and he makes the ultimate sacrifice for his friends, but I don't want that to happen! I want to see Riku watch over a new generation of Keyblade Wielders, to pass on what he's learned, and to guide those who have lost their way!

But again, there could always be the chance that he does die, and that would be a fatal blow, since I relate to Riku and he's one of my favorite characters in the series! But I'm also getting the feeling that Terra and some others may bite the dust as well!

I'm planning on recording KH3 for my channel and omg... If he dies I'm gonna riot lol He's been my top favorite since I've played the series when I was seven years old and twelve years later, he's still my favorite to this day. Just thinking about it is making me want to cry. :(

I have actually thought that Riku is going to die for a long time.  I have always thought that someone of importance is going to die, and so I thought to myself, "Whose death would leave the biggest impact, apart from Sora's?"  The answer I arrived at was: Riku.  Then, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.  I think that you really hit all the main points that back this up.  Like you, I just don't see where Riku's story can go from here.

Recently, there has been one more thing that has convinced me that Riku is going to die.  Along with the official Kingdom Hearts recap videos released by Square-Enix, memorial leaflets were also released, and each of them had a quote connecting to Kingdom Hearts III.  One of the three quotes that you could get in the "Dawn" leaflets said, "Now our journey ends too, yours and mine..."  Since the "Dawn" recap video told Riku's story from Chain of Memories to the end of 358/2 Days, I think that this quote must relate to Riku somehow, and since it is talking about journeys coming to an end, I'm guessing that Riku may know that he is going to die.  However, if Riku is the one talking, who is he talking to?  Could Riku be talking to Riku Replica?  Will both of them sacrifice themselves for the sake of the World and their friends?  Also, if he is saying that he and the unknown person's journeys will end "too", the "too" must mean that at least one other person's journey has either already ended or is going to end.  I guess there is a possibility that we will see multiple significant characters die by the end of Kingdom Hearts III.

I am conflicted about this. On one hand his death would have an Impact that can only be outdone by soras death. On the other hand Riku has suffered so much has given so much and has survived so much that if he died In KH3 I had to wonder why he wasnt then killen in DDD think about it his redemption ark was completed by then. but then again if he were to die in KH3 it would also complete his "always on the sidelines and keeping guard" Story better. Maybe that what is making me conflicted is that I like Riku and dont want him to die even though I know that this is always a good thing because it means that it is a good character. One thing is for sure SOMEONE will go and It wont be another Xion that has only been created in order to be killed.

See i'm incredibly indifferent. I can totally see him dying. I saw this coming in KH3D. His story arc has already come full circle. On the flip side, I can see Riku having a teacher esque arc in KH4 and so forth. I feel like it would be too soon to kill him after everything he went through. I dont think i'd accept his death, but i can see it happening.. I dont think it would be a good ending for RIku.