Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I know it's somewhat early, but I'm kinda eager to know what you all believe that will happen there.

Only the demo has been confirmed yet (unless I forgot something), so of course there's no certain there will be any trailers, world reveals or other info at this event. 

But what do you guys think? Do you believe the chance is high or low for a trailer (or anything) to show up?

Also, how far is SE hearing the feedback regarding the game? They've been using the same demo for many events, yet there were no major differences from what I heard. Only less floatness and such. So it would be good to hear out what you think on this as well :)

I sincerely doubt we shall receive another trailer until sometime in September or October.
We might not have every world revealed before the game comes out.
It would not be the first time Testuya Nomura-San has tried to trick everyone.

As for the demo, ...it is complicated.

post-39921-0-06772500-1528844490_thumb.jpg
post-39921-0-69549900-1528827207_thumb.jpg

While it's not completely impossible for something to appear there since FFXV did receive a new trailer at gamescom, it doesn't have much of a history for appearing there apart from demos and already published footage. Then again, Paris Games Week didn't really have any news before either and they dropped the opening for 0.2 out of nowhere, so who knows?

I'm personally not expecting too many changes to the demo either. Mainly because the demos look fairly good and, apart from the glowing walls and the floatiness, most people didn't take that much issue with it.

I'd rather have them focus on the main game than improving the demo anyway. I like that they're taking criticism into consideration, but there's no necessity to go out of their way. 0.2 was a special case because the models really didn't look good and gave an exceptionally bad impression of the end product, so an improvement there was needed more than for KH3's demo in my opinion.

Despite this rather bland outlook from me, it would be a lie to say I'm not wishing for something to appear. I always do. But I'm also a realist and try to keep my expectations as low as possible because this way, I won't be disappointed. It definitely has a chance but until proven otherwise, I'll just treat this as another station for their marketing without any news.

It's a big event that I'm glad I'll be able to attend, but I also know it's not always regarded as such in terms of big revelations, probably due to its proximity to E3 and being located in Europe, which is not often treated with the same importance as NA or JP.

Edited by Merilly

I haven't payed attention to any trailers before 2013, since I was only eleven when I started to get into the franchise and I actually didn't become a hardcore fan until I was twelve. Although, I have heard that Square Enix has a track record of revealing all the worlds in new Kingdom Hearts games before they release. While I also doubt anything new will be shown, one of the Birth By Sleep trailers was shown at Gamescom in 2010. So, who knows? They could surprise us. They have dropped trailers out of nowhere before. It is always best to be prepared for any given situation. 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

I'd be surprised if anything major appeared, I'm banking on TGS for that front. However, if we get any information marketing wise then that would be cool and make sense. I think the pre E3 focus has been to promote the demo and raise awareness at 'smaller events'. What wouldn't surprise me is an announcement for new information come September and another silhouette of Sora. Going back to the Orchestra Trailer last year. That way you keep people excited.

I'm really hoping for a trailer showcasing the world for Big Hero 6, but gamescom is typically more for demos and already revealed information. So I doubt we'll get a new trailer or any new info. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they showed off some new stuff. Let's not forget that the reveal trailer for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy was revealed at PAX East of all places, so you never know. Sometimes we get new information from strange places.

Edited by Allwil13

Basically, I think anything can happen at this point! It could really go either way, especially taking into consideration that we are getting close to 4 months left for the game's release! So I think Nomura and his team will double down on promoting the game! And if not Gamescom, then we could see something at PS Experience or Tokyo Game Show!

Thank you for all your answers up to now!

For as it seems, some think it is unlikely while others are quite positive of it. That's something I guess.

If we get nothing there, we can always wait until September. I'm very sure we will get something there. 

I'm personally not expecting too many changes to the demo either. Mainly because the demos look fairly good and, apart from the glowing walls and the floatiness, most people didn't take that much issue with it.
I'd rather have them focus on the main game than improving the demo anyway. I like that they're taking criticism into consideration, but there's no necessity to go out of their way. 0.2 was a special case because the models really didn't look good and gave an exceptionally bad impression of the end product, so an improvement there was needed more than for KH3's demo in my opinion.

I'm not sure how far floatiness is an issue and I would rather experience it (the game) myself, but it's good to hear it isn't much of an issue. 

0.2 had some things which were quite off, but I'm sure KH3 won't disappoint us. More to the fact that they have more time than planned. 

At least from what I know, I got from the interviews that time isn't going to be a problem for them since they pushed the game to 2019.

But I can't say anything yet anyways.

I have heard that Square Enix has a track record of revealing all the worlds in new Kingdom Hearts games before they release. 

I am not sure about that, but this really makes me think and ponder if I should pay attention to news to not get spoiled. But perhaps only living on a cave would do it, so yeah, I am prepared for anything I guess.

I'm really hoping for a trailer showcasing the world for Big Hero 6

That's what I had in mind when I thought about Gamescom xD. If not in Gamescom, then surely in September we may see actual gameplay for that world. 

I'm really excited to see how it's going to look. And what enemies we may have there.

I am not sure about that, but this really makes me think and ponder if I should pay attention to news to not get spoiled. But perhaps only living on a cave would do it, so yeah, I am prepared for anything I guess.

As stupid as it sounds and as much as it makes me seem like overachiever, I did go back and dig for old Kingdom Hearts trailers on Youtube to see if this claim was true or not. I left Re:coded and Chain of Memories since they both occur in one place and they just repeated what worlds we saw already. Of course, there's probably still more that I haven't found since a lot of the trailers were old and some of them were proabbly lost in time or forgotten about. They didn't have trailers were single world reveals, but a lot of them were mashed together in a montage. Kingdom Hearts 1 revealed all of the worlds accept 100 Acre Woods and the two End game World, Hollow Bastion and the End of the World. 358/2 Days revealed all of them. Kingdom Hearts revealed all of them except Mysterious Tower, 100 Acre Woods, and Atlantica. Birth By Sleep showed all of them except for Disney Town, Destiny Islands. and the Mysterious Tower. Dream Drop Distance showed all of them. 

Safe to say that there is a chance you should avoid the news if they show all of the worlds before release if you don't want to get spoiled. I've already spoiled myself for the Japanese version of Chikai and I'll most likely will be too weak NOT to look at spoilers when the Japanese version of the game comes out first. I'll just end up diving straight into all the spoilers like I did with the Japanese version of 0.2 when 2.8 first came out. I'm pretty patient person, but new Kingdom Hearts news is my weakness.

Something tells me we'll definitely be getting something at TGS since we've gotten a lot of trailers come out of TGS in the past years.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

As stupid as it sounds and as much as it makes me seem like overachiever, I did go back and dig for old Kingdom Hearts trailers on Youtube to see if this claim was true or not. I left Re:coded and Chain of Memories since they both occur in one place and they just repeated what worlds we saw already. Of course, there's probably still more that I haven't found since a lot of the trailers were old and some of them were proabbly lost in time or forgotten about. They didn't have trailers were single world reveals, but a lot of them were mashed together in a montage. Kingdom Hearts 1 revealed all of the worlds accept 100 Acre Woods and the two End game World, Hollow Bastion and the End of the World. 358/2 Days revealed all of them. Kingdom Hearts revealed all of them except Mysterious Tower, 100 Acre Woods, and Atlantica. Birth By Sleep showed all of them except for Disney Town, Destiny Islands. and the Mysterious Tower. Dream Drop Distance showed all of them. 

Safe to say that there is a chance you should avoid the news if they show all of the worlds before release if you don't want to get spoiled. I've already spoiled myself for the Japanese version of Chikai and I'll most likely will be too weak NOT to look at spoilers when the Japanese version of the game comes out first. I'll just end up diving straight into all the spoilers like I did with the Japanese version of 0.2 when 2.8 first came out. I'm pretty patient person, but new Kingdom Hearts news is my weakness.

Something tells me we'll definitely be getting something at TGS since we've gotten a lot of trailers come out of TGS in the past years.

Then there's a strong possibility they'll all be revealed xD

On the moment a world is revealed I am sure that every social network will spoil it to me, so my body is ready to accept all the spoilers that future KH3 trailers may give to me :)

I agree on your opinion

Thanks! I'm just really excited! :D

Maybe we'll get an interview at best, but I don't think we'll see a new trailer until TGS.

That's also plausible, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind it at all! With all the glorious info we've gotten over the months, I can wait till Tokyo Game Show for some new updates! :D

I'm hopeful we get a little something. I need an extra boost to my hype. It don't have to be much. It could just be a small little trailer or an image from one little scene. Something to be excited for. But if there is not I'll just look forward to TGS then. We are going into the months where they will be heavily advertising though.