Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What Disney film should've gotten a TV series?

What Disney film should've gotten a TV series?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What Disney film should've gotten a TV series?

• Mulan
    • The Incredibles
    • Frozen
    • Beauty & the Beast
    • Up
    • Aristocats
    • Meet the Robinsons
    • Treasure Planet
    • Atlantis
    • The Great Mouse Detective
    • None.
    • Another one? Share below!

Some of them nearly did.

''Atlantis:  The Last Empire'' was going to have a full series, yet it was swapped out for the sequel instead.

The rest never were supposed to, despite critics assuming they were; it made those sequels flops.

post-39921-0-06772500-1528844490_thumb.jpg

I think, in order for a movie to get a TV series, it has to have the potential for infinite possibilities.  "The Incredibles" and "The Great Mouse Detective" fit this qualification since, in both shows, the heroes can take on different criminals every single episode with the only limit being the imagination of the show creators.  Other movies that I feel fit this qualification are "Peter Pan" (although it technically already has a show: "Jake and the Neverland Pirates", but I'm talking about a show with Peter Pan as the main character), "The Rescuers", "Zootopia", and "Toy Story" (I know that "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" was a "Toy Story" show, but I'm talking about a show that is like the beginning of "Toy Story 3" in which we see the toys taking on different roles and acting out different stories in different settings depending on how Andy or Bonnie plays with them).

Well, here's a list there I have so far:

1) Marry Poppins (could mix live action and 2D animation).

2) Fox & the Hound (could follow the events after the movie).

3) Dumbo (could follow the idea of the sequel and focus on the adventures of Dumbo and many other baby animals trying to be united with their parents similar to Dumbo in the first).

4) Oliver and Company

5) Old Yeller (might be a bit out dated and a bit mature, so best adapted to tweens if they are interested).

6) Sword in the Stone (Author's coming of age as king of England).

7) Bambi (Well, at least Bambi 2 if Disney could ever settle its lawsuit over the sequel with the creator and adapt it to it to a tween audience due to mature content not intended for kids, I've heard).

8). Moana

9) The Black Cauldron

10) The Hunchback of Notre Dome

11) Lady and the Tramp

Some of them nearly did.

''Atlantis:  The Last Empire'' was going to have a full series, yet it was swapped out for the sequel instead.

The rest never were supposed to, despite critics assuming they were; it made those sequels flops.

You could say the sequels were kind of intros for the tv shows they had more cost effectiv art style and feel like three episodes of a tv show edited together

You could say the sequels were kind of intros for the tv shows they had more cost effectiv art style and feel like three episodes of a tv show edited together

Yet, according to DisneyToonStudios, the studio that made those sequels, that was not their intention for the majority of them.  It was only for ''Atlantis 2:  Milo's Return'', ''Tarzan And Jane'', and ''Stitch!  The Movie''.

The rest were meant to be simply sequels.

post-39921-0-06772500-1528844490_thumb.jpg
Edited by SoraDaxjer28

In my opinion, I would've love to see The Incredibles, The Great Mouse Detective, Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire as TV series after their first films. Mainly because I see them having potential to tell great stories about the characters and some nice world building. Too bad that's never going to happen though. Oh well at least Tangled and Big Hero 6 have their own TV series and so far both of them are pretty good, in my opinion.

Edited by Movies798

Dittoing a comment earlier about continuity with Zootopia - I would love for the creators to address the origins of Zootopia and the possibility of humans in that world and what happened to them, which I feel could be explored in a TV show format with multiple villains / suspects leading to a grander scheme much like the movie. It would add a whole new level of depth to the Zootopia story imo.

There's not many cartoons these days that have a more mature appeal, like Avatar or Young Justice or Teen Titans (before Teen Titans Go). Even an Adventure Time twist to the Zootopia story would make it far more interesting.

The Incredibles I can see getting a TV show as well, there's so much left unsaid that can be filled in with TV episodes. Even the history of all the heroes and how they got to be so famous. 

Even Inside Out could get a TV show imo. It's definitely a formula that can be transferred to any person or character.

Edited by blue490246

Dittoing a comment earlier about continuity with Zootopia - I would love for the creators to address the origins of Zootopia and the possibility of humans in that world and what happened to them, which I feel could be explored in a TV show format with multiple villains / suspects leading to a grander scheme much like the movie. It would add a whole new level of depth to the Zootopia story imo.

There's not many cartoons these days that have a more mature appeal, like Avatar or Young Justice or Teen Titans (before Teen Titans Go). Even an Adventure Time twist to the Zootopia story would make it far more interesting.

The Incredibles I can see getting a TV show as well, there's so much left unsaid that can be filled in with TV episodes. Even the history of all the heroes and how they got to be so famous. 

Even Inside Out could get a TV show imo. It's definitely a formula that can be transferred to any person or character.

They could approach the Zootopia prequel in a fashion similar to the Secret of Nymh.  Humans experimented on the animals, the animals and their descendants that survived the genetic experimentation done to them decided to take over human society but because of different ideals of what to do with the humans.  Some fractured into societies and were left to deal with human lead societies that treat humans better than animals as evidenced by Cats Don't Dance while other animals remained more primitive like Dumbo and Bambi while other animals sought to be like the humans but keep away from them at all costs, hence Zootopia.

Granted, it's an insane theory.  We don't see any humans in Bambi but their impacts are felt.  Why not make a series out of a classic?  Namely if Disney can settle the lawsuit with the late creator and have the series be a coming of age focusing on Bambi and Faline's kids.