Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tails

Video games Well This Is A Dumb Choice

Wait, what? To be able to play the other two games, they require to be downloaded from the internet? That's a really sucky strategy! It'll just make players who want to get into Spyro get turned off! Like you said, Tails, Crash had all the three games in one disc, so why can't Spyro do the same? I bet this is just Activision experimenting with different kinds of sales tactics. Well, this is gonna be a sucky way to go about purchasing content that should be in the disc in the first place!

Definitely an odd choice for sure.

I mean if it's a complete remake from the ground up (if I remember back at E3, it is) then, sure I might be able to understand having the later games downloadable...you know, what with 4K textures, new models, new engine, etc. and from what I remember (it's been a while since I played Spyro), they're just larger games environment wise vs Crash so a bit more info.

Not saying I agree with the decision to make the experience part downloadable, but I don't discount a technical reason for it not being on there either. 

Forgive me for also not knowing how they handled the Crash Trilogy, but was all three games put together under the same environment? What they could be experimenting with is smaller runtimes to make the games smaller and less of a hassle to jump into (also with disc to hdd transfer...again, shot in the dark).

It's anyone's guess really imo. Needless to say, far cheaper than shipping a multi disc version of the experience.

I still prefer to get the physical copy since anything can go wrong with the digital copy and you can potentially lose all of your data if something goes wrong with the download.  Plus, it gives me an excuse to play the original PS1 games on my PS2.