Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever Love

Roleplay The College Chronicles (1x1 with aoi hoshi)

"I think...you should use this as an opportunity to make the number your own," Naminé said and brought a hand to her heart. She knew the feeling of having the past haunt her. Ever since her departure from Castle Oblivion, Naminé had struggled with her powers. Everyone knew her because of them. But they were still hers. 

Roxas smiled softly, pondering that suggestion. Namine was right--this was his chance. He could turn it around and make the number about himself, not Organization XIII or the Thirteen Darknesses. "Thanks, Namine," he told her gently. The way she held herself had him worrying over her a little; he knew she had a rough life before becoming her own person. After all she overcame, he hoped she accepted herself as well.

"Of course," she chirped back with a pleasant smile. Seeing the boy smile again, the artist felt her own heart relax--though she had been unaware of it having been clenched so tightly before. Was that normal? She'd have to ask Kairi. The nuances of having a heart still eluded her. 

"Besides," Sora added with a cheerful grin, "It's part of what makes you, you!" Poking his spiky head out of the door, Sora led the group over to dorm room thirteen. It was nothing special. A simple bedroom with a set of bunk beds, a window, a set of wooden dressers, and sadly, no private bathroom. "I call top bunk!" the coffee haired boy declared and flung his backpack onto the bare mattress. 

Roxas relented. "Fine, but don't use your food card too much or you'll gain enough weight to fall through," he taunted, leaning his guitar case against the post of the bunkbed. "I don't need you crushing me in my sleep." He heard Kairi giggle in good nature, which had him smirking. Teasing Sora was fun, but he knew when to call it quits.

"Freshmen fifteen," Riku joined in with a snicker. Though he knew the chances of Sora gaining that much weight was impossible, the image was enough to arouse amusement for the silver haired master.

Sora swatted their words away and winked. "Pshh, I think you should be more worried about yourself than me with how much ice cream you eat, Rox. We'll have to have sparring matches with the keyblade to keep you in shape." 

"Is using the keyblade a good idea?" Kairi asked, crossing her arms. It was a little chilly in the boys' room. "I mean, do you really want that kind of attention?" After everything, Kairi wanted to keep her Princess of Heart status in the shadows. She wanted to just be Kairi, and have a normal college experience.

Riku crossed his arms thoughtfully. "Mmm, Kairi does have a point, and where the keyblade goes, heartless are sure to follow." Even though they had defeated Master Xehanort, darkness still existed. Heartless and other dark creatures still co-existed with the light.

"Yeah, I suppose you guys are right," Sora admitted, scratching his cheek. All he needed was to have show and tell every day with other students. Sora loved meeting new people, but after his years of defending the light, even a friendly hero like him needed a break. "Guess we'll all just have to hit the gym together, huh?" He had only seen the university's student gym once, but Sora could still remember the impressive amount of machinery lining the walls (and the smoothie cafe that sold native classics from Destiny Islands). He was sure there would be plenty of chances for some healthy competition there. 

"I hope the girls are included in that invite," Kairi said, gently bumping Namine with her shoulder. Just because the fight was over, didn't meant that Kairi wasn't going to keep up with her training. Despite her time with Lea--Axel?--and Merlin, she was still the weakest keyblade wielder between them all.

Roxas nodded. "Sure, why not?" He didn't care at all. There would be plenty of girls in the gym anyway... Well, if he wanted to act like he had a heart, he needed to date and try to find love or something, right?

"I could definitely build up some muscle," Naminé confessed with a small laugh. Especially as her own person. Naminé knew she needed to be able to defend herself even if it wasn't from a manipulative Organization or a horde of heartless. 

"Yeah, all five us can work out together after classes," Sora affirmed. It would be especially nice to have Kairi there. Naminé too, of course. But the idea of spending more time with Kairi in a normal setting with friends was something he had missed for far too long. 

Riku dug his phone out of his pocket and created a group chat. "We can use this chat to check our schedules. Have you guys already gotten yours or do we pick them up at orientation?" 

"Orientation," Kairi chimed with a nod. She read up on the goings-on before showing up today. "Speaking of, we still have some time. Should we go get one of those sea salt frapps Sora mentioned earlier while we wait?" Her periwinkle eyes darted around the group, though they lingered on Sora longest. For more than one reason.

"I'll never pass up an opportunity to have some sea salt anything," Roxas laughed. Of course, neither would Axel--Lea--but he wasn't a college guy, so he passed on the experience himself.

Naminé nodded. "That sounds wonderful, especially with this heat." She would have to apply some sun tan lotion before orientation started, otherwise the ghostly girl would turn into a bright red tomato.

"There was a bit of a line earlier, but we should be able to get something in time." Riku checked the time on his phone for confirmation. "A little under an hour."

"We'll make it in time," Sora assured, grabbing his backpack again and slinging it across one shoulder. He still had some forms to turn in at orientation. 

Edited by aoi hoshi

Roxas followed the group out of his and Sora's room, passing all kinds of people on their way to the coffee shop. He didn't have to worry about blending in, thank goodness. Nobody knew him here, except for Sora's Radiant Garden friends. He could be whoever he wanted. It was amazing, and also slightly horrifying. Who could he be? Who could any of them be now?

The coffee shop came into a view a moment later. It was inside the campus center and had a series of large glass windows for students to look out into as they studied. The line that had once been there had petered out to only a few stray patrons. One had a custom mug already prepared. "Looks like this won't take long at all," Sora said. 

"Maybe we can even sit down for a few minutes to," Naminé added eagerly. A number of the coffee tables were already occupied, but there was one close to the window that was currently empty. 

Edited by aoi hoshi

Kairi took it upon herself to steal the seat with Namine while the boys got the drinks. On her way to the table, a student handed her a bright flyer. When the boys joined them, she accepted her drink and read it to herself. "....So, I think we just got invited to our first college party," she announced with a smile, holding the flyer up for her friends. How lucky!

Naminé leaned over to look at the flyer and blinked at the bright lettering. "Wow, I didn't expect a party so soon. I wonder who's hosting it?" She scanned the piece of paper again before finding the name Snow Villiers printed in bold. "Snow Villiers..."

"What are you two looking at?" Sora asked, drinking from his frappe. He carefully handed Kairi her drink. Their hands touched briefly, and her warmth shot through him; a pleasant balm against his calloused skin. 

Edited by aoi hoshi

Kairi met Sora's eyes when she thanked him for her drink, but the way her heart flipped when their skin brushed... She quickly took a drink and tried to will away the blush on her cheeks. She hugged him before! Why was this happening? Not that she was entirely opposed... Did he ever see her addition to their drawing in the Secret Place?

Roxas slid the flyer across the table so he could see it too. "Snow, huh?" His eyebrows furrowed. "He's part of a frat. Our first party and it's at a frat house...and there is going to be a lot of booze." And girls, most likely. Roxas suddenly felt nervous.

"As long as you watch your drinks, you'll be fine," Riku assured with a shrug. His year at Destiny University had taught him that much. Turn your back for even a minute and some drunk would be trying to spike your drink. "And don't leave anywhere with someone you don't know," Riku instructed, looking to Kairi and Naminé as his protective instincts kicked in. "There are some real creeps at these parties."

Sora's eyebrows furrowed, but the rest of his concern was hidden behind a smile."I don't think there will be anything to worry about as long as we're all there together." Kairi could protect herself. Yet, even the thought of some wasted frat boy trying woo the girl he...Sora had to stop himself. It wasn't really that, was it? It was just because they grew up together and had been best friends for most of their lives, right? But when he had gone into the secret place that day...Did her drawing mean what he had thought?--What he had hoped...?

Naminé poked at the blue and white striped straw. Anxiety began to bud in her chest. These creeps wouldn't be like Marluxia, would they? Naminé had bad history with a number of Organization members, but Marluxia and Larxene had always been the worst. "...I'll probably stick pretty close then." Naminé could be a bold girl. She once hijacked DiZ's data to help Roxas and used dark corridors to save Kairi. The blonde, however, also knew her limits. 

Roxas looked across the table at the girls. Both looked a little nervous, from what he could tell. Even so, he thought he saw a gleam in Kairi's eye. Ever since obtaining the keyblade and training, she seemed up for any adventure--even facing drunken frat boys. She always had fire in her, but then again, so did Namine. "That's probably a good idea," he acknowledged with a small nod. He remembered how protective he was when he barely even knew her, back when DiZ was still around. That was still true. The mental image of some random guy all over her nearly made him frown, but he fought the urge. Who even knew if something like that would happen?

Kairi smiled faintly. She noticed how Roxas focused on Namine when he said that. When Roxas first reached out to her, he meant to contact Namine. He was so desperate for her back then, and while that wasn't the case so much now, Kairi caught the lingering gazes, whether Roxas meant them or not. He had a soft spot for Namine. Kairi wondered if that would stick now that they all were in college; other girls could easily catch Roxas's eye. Then again....the same could be said for Sora...

"What time the party start?" Riku asked trying to look at the paper himself. The lines of brightly colored letters, however, looked like a jumbled mess from where he was standing. 

"Eight tomorrow night," Roxas answered. At least the host was kind enough to allow them the next twenty-four hours to get settled in. So they had orientation next, dinner, moving in, and then whatever tomorrow held for them. Considering it was the weekend, probably not much more than some shenanigans.

"So, we get settled in today and party tomorrow," Sora said. He wondered how long a party like this lasted but figured it was something that would likely go into the wee hours of the morning--if what he had seen on television was any indication. 

Kairi nodded in agreement, though on the inside she was excited. Her first college party! And with her best friends! "Anything we should expect, Riku?" she asked, taking another sip of her frappe. He was a year ahead of them, after all, so he had more experience. "Other than the creeps."

Riku pursed his lips in thought and shook his head. "I think we've covered the two big things. The only other advice I can probably give is don't be shocked by the togas and," Riku turned to Sora and Roxas as he said this, "Watch out for any um...extra flirtatious girls. They can cause you a lot of trouble." At the last part of his sentence, Riku felt a a blush creep up his neck. His first year had been more eventful than he was readily willing to admit...

Edited by aoi hoshi

Roxas lifted an eyebrow. "Uh huh...." He glanced from the girls--Kairi blinked in shock--and then to Riku. "Are you speaking from experience?" His tone was teasing, because everyone could see the blush on Riku's neck. Something happened. Would he spill?

"Um...," Riku coughed uncomfortably, scratching the back of his neck, "It was nothing like...scandalous, but you know how these parties get. I had a little too much to drink and...we kinda just..made out...a lot." The confession left his normally pale skin red. The girl had been attractive, but the drama that followed his lack of interest afterwards had not been an experience Riku would like to repeat.