•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo
Video

Maybe I'm a Lion - Final Fantasy 8 - N64 Soundfont Remix

Video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:19 AM

After listening to FF8's soundtrack I knew I had to make a remix of this in some form. To be honest after doing a search i'm surprised no one else has though of this.

#2 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:44 PM

Dang, what a great remix! It actually sounds like something you would hear in a N64 game! Great job! :D

#3 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Dang, what a great remix! It actually sounds like something you would hear in a N64 game! Great job! :D

Thanks. I've been wanting to try and make a remix of this for a while. The hard part was finding a good n64 guitar. I ended up using the one from Mario Kart 64.

#4 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

Thanks. I've been wanting to try and make a remix of this for a while. The hard part was finding a good n64 guitar. I ended up using the one from Mario Kart 64.

Sweet! It's pretty awesome how you can be able to work around with different filters and programs for the results you want! Are you planning on getting into video game music as a career?

#5 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Sweet! It's pretty awesome how you can be able to work around with different filters and programs for the results you want! Are you planning on getting into video game music as a career?

I'd like to one of these days. But right now it's hard to say.

#6 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

I'd like to one of these days. But right now it's hard to say.

Well, if you ever do decide to get into making music for video games and any other sort of media altogether, I wish you nothing but the best of luck and blessings, cuz you clearly got the talent, so I know you can succeed! :D

#7 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Well, if you ever do decide to get into making music for video games and any other sort of media altogether, I wish you nothing but the best of luck and blessings, cuz you clearly got the talent, so I know you can succeed! :D

Thank you. That means a lot. xD

#8 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

It's kind of hard to describe the style of music.  It has a lot of beats to it and sounds like it could be some sort of Metal.

#9 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

It's kind of hard to describe the style of music.  It has a lot of beats to it and sounds like it could be some sort of Metal.

The original version of the song had a lot of metal influence to it. my remix I did of it is a N64 style remix of what it would sound like on that system.

#10 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

The original version of the song had a lot of metal influence to it. my remix I did of it is a N64 style remix of what it would sound like on that system.

How did you do it? It must have certainly been worth the time.

#11 !4misettie

!4misettie

Fastest Thing Alive

• Social Media Team
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

How did you do it? It must have certainly been worth the time.

It was. I used a music creating software and found some N64 instruments to use.

#12 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

Thank you. That means a lot. xD

You're welcome! I hope you make it big someday! :D