Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HeartOfFerria

Roleplay Prologue: The Hunt for Captian Greyhawk.

Daniel's actions were certainly quite effective, combining well with Adamina's actions of jabbing towards the flayer's back.  Unfortunately for the bird woman, she was holding her staff in a difficult and clumsy manner to conceal her actions, and the mindflayer's roiling backward knocked the staff out of her grip and upwards.  The charge had done well, but the concealment factor of her actions was over now.  At least very few people would have seen the real danger of her weapon thanks to Daniel's quick thinking.

Upon pondering over her next actions, her thoughts were muddled by the psychic wail, a prolonged screech that her hunch over and grimace as the top and bottom jaw ground together.  Still, it was weak, an effort that, she concluded, was just as weak as the creature that issued it.

With her staff clattered on the floor, she swung out of her stool, grabbed it by the top, and raised it in front of her so that the legs of the stool rose dangerously toward the creature's mid-section.  If the creature was as weak as she thought, those four points of pressure from the ends of the stool's legs would be enough to bowl the flayer over if she put all of her might into rushing into the creature.

((Nice thinking, Scrap.))

Tibarn huffed as Eva chose to ignore his business proposition, though truthfully he didn't know what he'd expected.  He'd just have to wait for Daniel to work his way into her mind, though he was mildly surprised when this was instead shifting toward an assault by the flayer.

"Now this is more like it!"  Tibarn managed a grin as he leapt up onto the bar, kicking the drink of a random person as he went.  He snatched up two throwing knives from the inner pockets of his jacket and flung them in the direction of the tentacles making their way to Adamina.  The brunet then twirled himself midair and landed merely a couple feet from the Loft, bearing his dagger in a defensive stance in front of the medic.

"You're welcome," he said facetiously, shooting her a sideways smirk.

Adamina exhaled sharply as she readied a charge towards the creature, but was quickly cut off by the sharp whistles of sailing knives and, afterwards, an uncomfortably close Tibarn.  He gave her a quick smirk, to which she was prompt to respond.

"You oaf!  You're in my way!" she chided, stepping to the side of the roguish individual and raising her weaponised sitting device high in order to immediately bring it down on the flayer's squid-like cranium.

She was aiming for a swift knockout this time with her stool, but who knows what would happen if she succeeded?  Would they get arrested by security, or just thrown out of the bar itself?  Even if this were self-defense on Daniel's behalf, this seemed more along the lines of aggravated assault for the rest of them.  She had to restrain herself, maybe even bring the flayer back to the ship to dress those wounds before he or she, or maybe just "it", bled out from the nasty back wound or the blunt force trauma.

It's a pity, she thought midswing morosely, if I have to remedy him after causing all this havoc to him in the first place.

Edited by Vaude

Daniel was somewhat satisfied that his escape attempt worked, not only that but it knocked the creature right onto Adamina''s staff, the avian's staff did splendid work tearing the beast's tissue off as it fell to the ground, but it slowly got up. Tibarn on the other hand was more than keen on causing chaos, as Daniel glanced at the rogue kicking a drink at someone at random, which wasn't exactly unexpected.

Daniel saw Adamina's action, attempting to swing a stool at the Flayer, to which Daniel watched, but also he attempted to link with the Flayer again, but nothing, the thing was empty and it was now raging...the best opportunity for a mental overload. As Adamina swung, the Flayer would have to deal with Daniel overloading its mind with psychic energy, hostile psychic energy to overload it the signature 'psychoshock', maybe it would stun the creature? Maybe it wouldn't. Who knew, it was worth a shot. Adamina's hit was about to connect anyway, and if anything his Psychoshock attempt might just stun it enough for her to land a hit in it.

The flayer reeled back in pain as the daggers immbedded themselves into its flesh. Its tentacles flailing about, but instead of retaliating against Tibarn and Adamina, the creature turned towards Daniels again, once more trying to gorge itself on his psychic essence. However it stopped short of Daniel after being struck by the psychic attack. Seemingly paralyzed. Seemingly. Black blood continued to ooze from the creatures back. Out of the corner of everyones eyes it was clear that it may not be wise to stay. Eva and the other bartender were running to the back and the bouncers were approching the ring that formed during the small fight.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"Well, excuse me for trying to swoop in and save your bacon!" Tibarn retorted, allowing Adamina to sidestep to do her work.  It seemed that the trio had succeeded in doing a number on the flayer, though should they attempt at landing the final blow?

Tibarn glanced around the bar nervously, noticing many sets of faces locked on them.  Most had formed a ring to watch the spectacle, while others seemed paralyzed, rooted to the spot and uncertain of what to do.  A few others tugged at each other and left the scene.  The brunet swallowed hard and stole a swift glance at the flayer, before deftly swooping in to retrieve his thrown knives.

"We'd best blow this popsicle stand," Tibarn said lowly, grasping the unclean knives and wiping them on a customer's napkin.  "We just wreaked havoc in the middle of the bar.  Best not to stay else they try to put us behind bars.  I don't know about y'all, but I don't like it when they bring their tasers out."

"Agreed.  Let's get out of here," commented Adamina simply, now over the collapsed flayer and dropping her weaponised chair.

She, like the others, caught on to the hubbub of activity that seethed around them, and it was high time to leave.  If it were any other time than one worthy of panic, she would have rubbed her brow in annoyance with the situation.  Perhaps the stool was a bit much, or maybe the staff if anybody saw it.  That lesson was learned already, and she did not need to sit in a jail for five months to await shoddily given justice.  Adamina instead grabbed her telescoping staff, shrank it, and fled in the direction of the secondary exit.  If anyone was going to be sought after between herself, Tibarn, and Daniel, it was likely to be her, and she might as well put as much distance between herself and the others before things got hairy for the rogue and the psychic pusher.

"Way ahead of you." Daniel spoke as Adamina and Tibarn spoke of what to do, with the Flayer pretty much dead on the floor and the entirety of the bar turning into a large circle to watch the chaos  Daniel had alreayd slid across the counter he was in and made his way to one of the now unocupied exits as most guests were distracted with the flayer instead of looking at the door. Pretty much the front door of the place. As he hightailed it out of there he pressed a button on his suit to detract his helmet as he, upon leaving the bar, quickly dove right onto the nearest crowd he could to try and blend in as much as he could.

"Tavern's a bust." Daniel spoke in the coms for everyone, "Things were going smoothly until a god damn flayer tried to eat me" Daniel commented dryly over to his teammates, hoping they'd hear and relay their side of things, to see if they had any success.

"Gonna keep on the move a bit to not draw too much attention, i'l be on stand by, Volunteer out" Daniel finished as he followed along the crowd of the busy streets.

“Rodger that Volunteer.” Solomond replied. There is the warehouse Adamina found. By the time the three of you get there I should be set to disarm the building. And there is the Rose’s Envy. Eclaireand Jake are there as we speak and they may be onto something. Im begging to fear that force may be our only way to get proper information. Oh, and I wanted to update you on something I found about thr station! Be careful but the station iteself might be Captain Greyhawks Ship. Ill keep looking for more info.”

Adamina narrowed her eyes at Solomond's last feed of information.  The station itself being Captain Greyhawk's ship?  Eddie had a lot of explaining to do if he knew this essential tidbit of information before she left.  This meant his reach stretched much larger than anticipated.  It also meant that they had to be even more cautious about extracting information through dialogue, maybe even switch to gaining said information through technology rather than oral conversation.  However, if they can get people to be alone, they had a pusher.  Daniel could gain all the knowledge he needed and Greyhawk would be none the wiser.

She continued out of the establishment and flew upwards, diving behind some cover in the overlying buildings and keeping track of Daniel's location, considering he too spilled out of the bar.  Now for Tibarn.

"Come on, you drinking layabout," she muttered.  "Escape."

Edited by Vaude

Tibarn followed the others' lead and hightailed it out of there.  A tinkling of breaking glass at his feet barely stole his attention enough to acknowledge an angry woman who threw a drink at him.  It splattered the back of his vest but he paid it little heed.

The rogue fell shortly behind Daniel, who seemed to be transmitting messages via his com link.  Tibarn brushed his fingers around his ear, though realized that his device was missing.  Instead, he shoved his ear against Daniel's hoping to catch word of what was going on.

"Who's saying what?" the brunet pestered.  "What am I missing here?"

Folding his arms along his chest, Tibarn took a swift glance in the direction of the bar.  "That lead was a complete dud.  What a waste of time, money, and a good drink.  The girl, eh . . . . she wasn't my type, but you know."

Tibarn soon popped out of the same exit Daniel took, which relieved Adamina slightly, though seeing him brush up against Daniel in hopes of listening in made her sigh and chuckle in the most bird-like fashion possible.  Always count on Tibarn to do something out of the ordinary and change the setting.

"Once the stage is clear, I'll join you two.  Until then, I'll stick close in the shadows of this station," she commented towards her teammates, shimmying along the top of the building in a free-run and taking off to the next building.

She breathed with difficulty shortly after landing.  While she naturally quickly regenerated her energy and stamina, she could only count on short boosts in terms of fight and flight, a difficulty of being away from her home world for so long and being out of practice of flying everywhere.  This method, however, would make her much less visible to the public eye, which made her a better scout than afoot.  She scanned the surrounding area for anything troublesome, whether it be the security of that bar or something else.

Solomond Continued his broadcast to his comrads. “Another update on the station. Regretably i have discovered that the entire station is just an outer shell for his vessel. The real ship is locked in the center of all this hustle and bustle. His ships name is the Blue Wren its a large blue combat cruser with mining and scrapping arms attached to it. I think you may want to meet up with Eclaire and Jake, I have reason to beleive that the Rose’s Grace is a sort of secret entrance to that ship bay. However Im still looking into the schematics for the station beyond that point. If you do pass through the unknown point, be aware that I will no longer be able to assist you.”

"What do you mean by outter shell? So you're saying he has hold over this whole space station?" Daniel exclaimed in surprise and confusion, just low enough for no passerby to hear, but loud enough for Tibarn, who was sitting right next to him, to hear.. Daniel sighed. "Alright...where's Jake and Eclaire now?" Daniel asked. 

"And roger that Adamina, once the coast's clear we'l meet up." Daniel finished. Before looking at Tibarn. "So...its easier if I do this." Daniel spoke as he flicked his finger at Tibarn's foreheard as the psychic's eyes glew for a split second, and with that. anything Daniel had heard from the call with Solomond would be shared with Tibarn. So he could try to make sense of things...better than Daniel anyway.

"We should meet up with Eclaire...where are they though?" he asked.

Jake-Rose’s Grace with Eclaire

Jake takes one last good look at the blueprint of the facility, and notices that there are very odd looking angles. Eclaire mentions something seems off, to which Jake agrees. “Yes............. odd” He thinks for a minute. He doesn’t want Eclaire hurt or in trouble, but he certainly doesn’t want Greyhawk to disappear. He comes up with a solution. “Alright.......... We’ll go back there together. We probably need to convince that guy back there to let both of us in. What do you say?”

(Kinda rushed, I know, but I feel bad making you guys wait one more day. So, here. Apologies once again.)

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Eclaire, with Jake

"Hrm. Well, could always ask nicely. I can ask when the one popular girl is free and see what to do then." She said, tapping her chin. "He said this one angel like girl was super popular - so I can at least ask about when she's free, or ask for recommendations. It's up to you, since uh. You're not really into this stuff." She shrugged, smiling somewhat embarrassed.

The rogue blinked rapidly upon Daniel's action, linking their minds so that Tibarn could hear whatever Daniel was through the comm link.  "Thanks, man."  He offered Daniel a thumbs up, while in his mind he wondered what happened if Daniel misheard the information that Solomond offered.  Would he mishear it as well?  That could get a bit messy, but he tried to focus on the positive aspect of it.  At least he didn't have to mash his head up against anyone anymore.

After hearing Solomond's message, however, the brunet was skeptical.  The Rose's Grace?  Tibarn had heard of the establishment, chiefly during his time in the bars, though it was one that he preferred to skirt around as much as possible.   Could it really be a secret entrance to Captain Greyhawk's ship?  He rather doubted it.  After all, how could a wanted man have that much of a hold on the space ship?

"I don't know about all this," Tibarn exclaimed loudly, cramming his hands in his pocket.  "I feel like all of this is just a wild goose chase.  'Bout ready to wash my hands of it all, head back to the ship."  He didn't particularly enjoy the fact that they had been nearly killed by a flayer, only to come out empty-handed with no further information that could aid in the criminal's capture.  Sure, they had Solomond's new lead, but hadn't the Serpent's Envy been one of their leads as well?

Tibarn locked eyes with Daniel, awaiting to learn of the captain and Eclaire's whereabouts.

Solomond spoke up into the comms agaiin. “Alright Im sending Eclaire and Jake’s location to you guys. Meet up with them and we can plan a bit further ahead, best of luck. Ill keep you updated with what I can.”

While discussing with Eclaire, Jake starts to notices a few eyes on them. The figures watching were discreet and just noticable. A few walked away upon being noticed, other just casually began fiddling with their communication devices. Trying to act like they werent watching. The atmosphere turned rather...tense but not hostile.

Adamina shook her head with a sigh as she followed her two comrades with her eyes, watching from another rooftop.  Stealth and secrecy was not Tibarn's forte, she assumed, but the coast was clear, and she was ready to keep him in line.  With a false step into the air, she kicked off the flat roof of the building and descended to ground level with three sets of flaps, landing harmlessly into the alleyway.  From there she made her way to the others, gaze wary, hand worriedly feeling for her staff.

Her weapon of choice recently had a tendency of dropping out of her Loft-made pouch at bad times, and no matter how much stitchwork she added to the bag there always seemed to be a hole to patch next time.  Perhaps the antimatter fitting in her telescopic staff was leaking, a cause of the staff striking something hard, but she was careful with the tip.  Someone of the crew must have been playing with it if so.  Tibarn, likely.  Nevertheless, she would have to fix the issue if that were so.

With nothing occurring, she meandered her way to behind Daniel and Tibarn, ready to see this mission through to the end.  If they can gain access to Greyhawk's ship, getting rid of Greyhawk would be easy with a well-placed gas trap set up inside of the entry or the airlocks.  There were cameras to consider, and whatever crew remained inside, acting as Solomond did to them.  She hoped this would not be too much of a deterrent, much less a pain in the neck.  She craved some action greater than knocking out a hungry flayer.

As they passed through the streets and allyways of the space station, thr cameras seemed to turn away from them, always keeping thr group just out of sight. Stationary cameras would shut off as they turned corners and any motion detection device if any that they passed by just ceased working all together. They didnt have to worry about being seen

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Tibarn quickened his pace as The Rose's Grace loomed into view.  There were some patrons scattered outside, but for the most part it seemed people were entering or exiting quietly, or at least to him.  He did notice with a sharp eye that surveillance cameras all seemed positioned away from them, but he didn't want to rely on not being seen.  With the right technological advancements it were possible that they would still get picked up on film, and perhaps the cameras were merely a diversion to give them a false sense of security.

Once he reached the entrance he smoothed down his shirt, tucking a hand into his vest to ensure that his throwing knives were in place in case he needed them.  He gulped, taking a quick glance at the building's logo, and then back at Daniel and Adamina.  He really hated being there.

"C'mon, slowpokes.  Let's . . . get this done with," he called to the psychic and Loft, making quite a show of themselves if anyone were watching with a wary eye.

Kicking herself for entering such an establishment would have come first and foremost to Adamina had there not been an ulterior reason for doing so, and much like Tibarn she hated being here.  Nevertheless, the situation was very fortuitous.  While suspicious characters loomed around the area, the cameras faced in odd angles and kept Tibarn, Daniel, and herself out of their line of sight.  Leave it to Solomond to hack into the cameras and change their angles, she thought to herself, quite pleased as she checked on the surveillance of the room.  That was better than a loop, though assuredly someone would come out to fix the angles after someone checks in on the camera feed.  They must be quick in finding the entrance to the ship, or elsewise blend in with the local crowd.

The older human lady at the desk was there, perhaps still interested in the news slate, or maybe a crossword or Universal Sudoku puzzle.  With a grin, she nudged Tibarn and commented, "I'll show you who's a slowpoke" as she passed him by.

"You're the owner of this establishment, I take it?  I'd like a surprise special for the three of us"--she pointed at the two behind her--"in one private room for me and my hunny-buns here.  No services required.  Just the room.  I'll pay ten grand up front.  Consider it an . . . investment."

Edited by Vaude

The elderly woman’s eyes widened and she set the slate down reavealing that it was indeed universal sodoku. “Of course!” She starts booking up the finest room she had. One set in the back. She swiftly handed the loft a key. “VIP, leather sofas and primary service, if you need ANYTHING. Just ask.” She says as she leads Adamina to the back door that Eclaire had been stopped from entering.

She motioned for the guard with a club to lead them to the back room and he nodded then gave the three his best customer service smile. “This way please” he says as he leads them down the hallway and opens up a beautiful room full of many kinds of drinks, leather couches, and other stuff.

(I will not make any further implications...its just very nice and fancy)

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Eclaire noticed the others going to the back. "Watch the front." She whispered to him...then looked apologetic. "And sorry." Her hand lashed out, slapping him fairly loudly - not that it would really hurt, since she wasn't exactly She-Hulk. Spinning around, she huffed and marched to the door, tail flicking. Crossing her arms, she waited for the man.

"Who's available? My brother's a jerk and I need to unwind. I can pay." She did have a decent amount still, and if she was lucky, a popular girl who knew about Greyhawk might be around...

She put on her innocent, yet exasperated, smile. "Been a day for me~"

Slow?  His eyes narrowed as one of his hands fled to a knife in his vest, though Adamina reserving a room for them managed to stay his hand.  He didn't think the medic would have it in her to put on such a facade, though she seemed to be playing the part rather well.  He wasn't quite certain what they would do with a room, but he supposed that they needed to look like patrons if they were going to traipse around without much trouble.

As they were being escorted he noticed Jake and Eclaire, the latter smacking the captain across the face before moving on to request someone who was available.  Tibarn wanted to dart over and grab Eclaire's arm, though he knew if he did so that it would only raise red flags and potentially blow their cover.  Thus, he decided to fall in line with his crew, shooting Jake an apologetic look as he went.

"Place seems nice," he commented mildly, making note of the satin drapes and embroidered pillows littered about on the sofas.  "Has the space station given special provisions for this place?  Do they fund you?"