Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HeartOfFerria

Roleplay Prologue: The Hunt for Captian Greyhawk.

Act 0

The Hunt for Captian GreyHawk

A small, slightly rusted, definitly old and damaged ship was docked near the bustling bazzar within the space station. People of all races and backgrounds move throughout the station, some drunk, some not. Either running their businesses, loutering around, or getting themselves where they needed to go.

A young scoundrel looking man named Solomond rushes into the ship and down the hall into the recreation room where at least someone would be, he approaches the table where his crewmates sat and slammed down a wanted poster on the table. One with the face of a grinning scoundrel beneath it was a bounty for 1,000,000 credits. Enough to fix up the old ship they flew and then some.

“This is Captian Greyhawk. Rumor has it he is on this space station!” He looks each of them in the eye. “What do you think? The pay is good... but it could be dangerous. Greyhawk has trained killers in his crew.” Solomond knows they had to fix the ship but clearly was unsure about the dangers ahead.

This would be far more dangerous than the battle against Captain Raya and her goons on the ice planet of Voth, or their treatcherous encounter against the dread pirate Barl in the ancient ruins of the jungle planet of Gors-bash, and definitly more deadly then their space battle with the Federation Leader Zod and his massive war ship, Primrose, of which the crew barely survived but left their craft heavily damaged.

post-77812-0-84192800-1529926825_thumb.jpeg

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Jake Sorreno

Among the crew, a young man was analyzing the condition the ship’s engines and radar until Solomond mentions that there is a bounty with an incredible pay. The said crew member, Jacob Sorreno, was quick to reach the room where the poster was laid. Wanted. Captain GreyHawk. Dead or alive. Reward: 1,000,000 credits.

He merely chuckles. “What a dumb day for dumb names.” He takes a quick drink of water from his bottle, turning to Solomond afterwards. “I don’t know if going after him right this second would be smart. Why a space station of all places? Something seems fishy about that rumor.”

Tibarn removed his feet from an empty seat at the table to make room for his comrade, eyeing the poster with skepticism.

"That's a lot of moola," Tibarn commented mildly, placing down his drink so that he could peer more carefully at the poster provided.  "I'm not into danger and sticking my neck out where it doesn't belong, but that indeed sounds promising."

Imagine what we could do with all that money, Tibarn thought idly to himself.  The reward was generous, though he did question the honorability and reputation of the rewarder.  The brunet leaned back casually in his seat.  "Do we have any kind of guarantee that this reward is for reals?"--he placed his hands behind his head--"Do we get a down payment?"

He glanced over at Eclaire, the cat woman he barely knew, to Daniel with all of his psychic glory, and finally to the head of the medbay, Adamina.  His stomach felt ill as he brought his gaze to the Loft, considering how many times she had to treat him for either drinking too much or dealing with some PTSD.  The thought of putting his life on the line for this mission didn't sound particularly appealing, but that prize money certainly did.  He was curious to hear what his crewmates would think.

"This had better not be more dangerous than the space battle with Zod and the Primrose," came next the squawky voice of Adamina as she leaned against the inner hull, wings folded and sharp eyes analysing the picture.

Trained killers were commonplace in the underworlds she once frequented, though when it came to spacers these thugs were worlds apart.  The word "battle-honed" came to mind, and within space all kinds of fights could be seen, from the petty feuds and duels to private armadas pitted against each other.  In space stations, one had to be especially cautious about heading into the lion's den.  Security is minimal unless one can afford it, and criminals have fatter pockets than the owner of the space station, she would wager.

"But," she sighed, unfolding herself and leaning in closer to the wanted poster, "the pay is good, and the locality is tempting.  I'd rather get him here than on Gors-bash after picking leeches off you all, though like Jake I am worried about this rumour.  We need to gather some info first, and a few folks here would be perfect for the job.  Once we know a few of his haunts, we can rein him in."

Edited by Vaude

“It was at the usual bounty board and the rumors were circulating in the bar. Id say info gathering should be the main priority. I can see what else I can find about the bounty here at the ship if the rest of you wish to do field work. I do reccomend checking the bar I was at first. Its the Serpents Envy and its in the market sector near all thr armorors and gunsmiths.”

"I agree, he wouldn't stop shouting 'Kneeeel before ZOD!' It was really annoying." Daniel spoke as he passed by as he heard Adamina's comment. Having just come back from fixing the interior's hull, at least doing what he could with what was left of the ship. As he looked over to the bounty poster. Narrowing his eyes as he sighed. 

"I'd much rather avoid killers, but it can't possibly be worse than what we went through Gors-Bash...Don't want to be chest deep in much ever again" Daniel commented dryly, he was not a fan of jungles or swamps, the former usualy having the latter, too humid and muddy for his tastes. Either way, the moment Solomond advised checking at the bar if any info could be gotten, Daniel was the first to raise his hand. 

"I can go check the bars, im sure I can at least get something out of it;" He said tapping the side of his forehead. Indicating of his psychic powers, he could probably read some minds to gather info.

Edited by Scrapmaster

“Sounds like you have a plan then. How about everyone else? Captian? Medic?how about you two go talk around, figure out whats on the up and up.” The scoundrel then looks to the theif. “You look like you could use a walk Tibarn. Why not get some fresh air, maybe talk to a few folk?”

"Aces," Adamina replied, sounding pleased as she scanned the crew.  "I wouldn't be good in a bar if things go south unless people need saving.  I'll leave that for someone else and be on comlink."

She tapped the device hidden within the feathers of her neck with a talon before returning her arms to a folded position and leaning back onto the wall again.  Her stance was an old habit, and old habits die hard.

"We'd best split up to individuals and search for information that way, though it would be recommended to stay close to each other just in case.  SOS for help if you need it, don't get shot, and we'll reconvene at the ship in three standard hours.  That is, if that's all right with you, captain."

Eclaire finally looked up, setting her tablet down. A girly magazine was on it, and she had little shame. Adjusting her glasses, a single line of data ran vertically from the bridge to the edges, and she tilted her head.

"If I have to hear Zod scream kneel, I might lose my mind." She tapped the table, biting her lip. "This isn't Barl; the dread pirate was an of. If this bounty is for real, then...by the Goddess." She rubbed her temples. "Serpents Envy? Nnn. Not a fan of that place." She stood up. "We got any other leads I could follow up? Snakes and cats...don't mix."

The crew seems to have came up with a plan, a good one at that. Adamina asks Jake(?) about her plan. The mercenary adds his comments. “Very well. We’ll go with that plan.” He grabs his blaster and places it on his belt. He turns back to the group. “I’ll find Captain Grey’bird’ and watch him from afar. I’ll give you guys information about his actions. I still question why someone like him is lounging about at a space station, out in the open.”

Eclaire states her displeasure of the Serpent’s Envy bar, to which Jake replies to while grabbing his blue electric sword and placing it on his back. “Unfortunately being a mercenary isn’t always pleasant sweetheart. Sometimes you’re out in space, destroying star ships, and sometimes you’re in the sewer, killing alien rats. Gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done.” He pushes a button that opens the entry doors. “Unless you’d like to join me, but even then I might grab a drink if a chance arises.” He faces everyone else. “Make sure you guys are fully ready before you head out.”

Edited by Endless Thundaga

"A walk, huh?"  Tibarn frowned at Solomond's suggestion, not particularly liking what he may have been insinuating.  Was he suggesting that he was drunk, or nearing it if he continued?  Regardless, the tall man rose from his seat and stretched.

"I'll go with Daniel," he announced, not giving the psychic any real say in the matter.  "I have a way around bars, and gathering intel's my thing."  Tibarn grabbed Daniel's forearm and gave it a tug.  "C'mon, Psycho; let's go gather hidden knowledge!"

As the entry doors open the hustle and bustle of the market sector of thr space station was once again made apparent to the crew members. It was loud with idle chatter and conversation, people bartering and making deals, or on the rare occasion a ship docking. This place was certainly full of people and that simply made tracking someone down difficult, if you didnt know where to look.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Eclaire merely frowned at El Capitan, before heading out with the others. She had her own ideas, not that anyone cared. Tucking her hands in the pockets of her vest, she wormed her way through the vast amount of people, hissing at someone who tried to yank her tail, then slid out of the docking area and away from the bar. There were backstreets and dark corners that most knew of but ignored...unless you were looking for company.

Company that Eclaire knew of...and speak of the devil. A couple ladies of the night were ahead, and a  small smirk crept onto her face. Sidling up, she leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.

"Evenin'. Don't supposed you ladies heard anything?" She asked coyly, grinning.

Never were lips looser then with booze and bosom, after all. Something she knew far too well.

Jake walked down the ramp and casually walked down the marketplace. Creatures of all shapes and sizes bustled around the area. Jake took notice of the girls that Eclaire was eyeing. He couldn’t help but shake his head and keep walking. “Eh. Maybe one day Jacob.” Eclaire seems to be interested in them, however there was not much he could do to keep her attention away from female species, but she seems to be sticking with her job at the moment. He moves on.

((Boom.))

The avian chuckled at Tibarn's comment before gearing up herself, throwing a small bugged microphone inside her comlink and adding her weapon of choice, a telescoping quarterstaff with a few added modifications.  Resetting one and pouching the other within a fold of her skirt, she headed out the entry doors of the ship alongside the others.

The throngs were thick with humans and held traces of aliens, which Adamina appreciated a bit, and there was not a Loft in sight, which she appreciated better.  The last run-in with her own race on this station did not end very well, though it was good to see diversity within the ranks of the common citizens, scoundrels, tradesmen, and quacks.  Her first stop was a medical front she knew of from her days before a mercenary.  She knew the manager of the store, a man known by two names, who belted out his wares over the shouts of other salespersons.  Hired help of the usual sort, ones that openly carried stun wands and electric guns, surveyed the crowds alongside each other, taking bets on random whatevers and making ear-turning comments regarding the passers-by.

"Hearken to the counter of Apothecary Sal to get your medical merch.  Salves, bandages, vaccines, and everyday meds, I've got them all at rates that'll knock your socks off, if you've got the feet for them!"

"Hello, Eddie," Adamina commented, her voice low as she came close.

Apothecary Sal perked up upon seeing her and lifted a brow and a side of his smirking face.  The skin graft was not enough to hide the damaged right side of his face from her eyes.  However, that may be because she was the one that gave the skin graft to him.  She was unpractised when it came to skin treatments, though it gave him back his business without need for plastic surgery from a shadier individual or the fat-cat hospitals.

"Well, if it isn't a regular!" Sal piped, pleased to see her and waving her to the counter's swing door.  "Come on into the back room, and be hasty about it.  Don't want many people seeing you enter and think it's a walk-in."

She assented and slipped within.  One of the hired help tried to stop her, and the other held him back by the wrist before muttering something inaudible.  Smiling, she entered the back room, with Sal, or Eddie, following closely from behind and barring the entrance with a thick bar of steel.

"Now that we're alone, we can talk in private.  To what can I owe the pleasure?"

"The art of profiteering from someone of import.  You know of Captain Greyhawk?"

"I've heard of 'im, but haven't seen 'im," replied Eddie, flicking a lump of freed earwax from his pinky finger.

"You haven't, have you?  I thought he would have been into wet smuggling.  That's your business."

The back room was bone-chillingly cold, similar to a freezer, but cooled via the vacuum of deep space.  If not for the dermal implants on Eddie and Adamina's feathers keeping the two warm, it would have been almost intolerable, but it was as perfect a home as it could get outside a body for the harvested organs lying about in coolers.

"Indeed he is, but he ain't got my business.  I've got competition, you see, and not the friendly ones that deal with drugs and vaccine needles.  They're dangerous, Ads, as is Greyhawk.  You'd best steer clear of them if you wanna work with them."

"I'm more lining up with bringing him in for the bounty than working with him."

Eddie's gaze glinted in understanding, and he winked a face-wrinkling wink with his right eye.

"And I take I'll get a cut of this, ah . . . profiteering if I lend you info?"

"A small cut, half a percent and not a lick more.  I'm running with a crew, and they'll take notice if I take too much of a bite out of my earnings.  They're a nosy bunch."

"Aha, I see, though five thousand's five thousand.  I'll take it, though I want it sooner than a week after I hear the news."

"You will."

A string of conversation going further, and Adamina ventured out of the apothecary store with her pocket emptied of an IOU but with a head full of information.  If she had the possibility of smiling, she would have had quite the swelling grin on her face.  This was quite the payout.

Tibarn did not wait for Daniel's reply, instead striding out of the doors and venturing in the direction of the bar.  It amazed Tibarn by how much went on in the space station.  Trades, merchants, medicine, and even art stands were visible as he passed through.  There were even some shadier businesses that Tibarn had learned long ago to steer clear from as far as he could.  From the corner of his eye he spotted Adamina disappear into one of the shadier parts of the space station, causing the brunet to let out a shudder.

"Fresh eel!" cried a merchant in his face, shoving a plate of something disgusting under his nose.  He frowned, waving the merchant away like an annoying fly as he continued on his merry way.

Things started to tone down slightly as the armorer's loomed into view.  These merchants weren't quite as demanding, and instead of screaming in your face they would instead smile and ask if you were interested in taking a look of their wares.  Tibarn actually did; one man had a lovely set of throwing knives available, but he hadn't the time or money to stop.  He smiled and waved, muttering an apology before moving on.

The Serpent's Envy was packed.  Tibarn had to practically flatten himself against the wall moments after he entered.  He let out a long sigh, eyeing an empty seat at the bar itself as a lizard lady poured a group of rough-looking men drinks.

"So," he uttered under his breath, possibly to Daniel if he were present, but mostly to himself.  "Where to first?"

As Tibarn entered the bar he quickly took note of why it was called the serpents envy. The beautiful figures of the snake-like folk known as Yian-Ti* were everywhere, male and female. The place appeared to be run by all the Yian-Ti on the space station. It seemed more like a club at this point. There were dancers, muscians, and many many patrons. However Tibarn wasnt here to primarily enjoy the pleasentries in life, he was here to gather information. The location was too loud and bustling to listen for the info however that didnt matter when there were several noticably shady figures.

One of the musicians was a Flayer*, a sort of big brained squid headed psychic humanoid who held innate paychic power. Its dark blood red eyes were calculatedly darting about as it played the electronic piano. They were know to be psychically sensitive and feed off the very essence of psychic energies... the brain.

In the back, seemingly guarding a door, was a large greyish tattooed figured almost viking in appearance if not for the small handgun strapped to its side. It was a Craag*, a 6-7 foot tall race of hulking muscle, most arent too intelligent but they make excellent guards. it watched carefully, resting in its hands was a large hammer.

Lastly, the Yian-ti at the bar, they continued whispering to one of the patrons, specifically one in a thick hood, the one they were speaking to had no noticable features due to the hood keeping them hidden at a distance.

(*will represent a race I need to find an image for but will post soon after to provide context. Also I personally beleive this place is blaring music like “Russian” from Caravan Palace)

post-77812-0-01172900-1530185045_thumb.png

post-77812-0-65241400-1530185052_thumb.jpeg

post-77812-0-73214700-1530185060_thumb.jpeg

post-77812-0-62669500-1530185077_thumb.jpeg

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Daniel stayed mostly silent as Tibarn agreed to the mission and suggested tagging along with Daniel to the bar, which didn't annoy Daniel much, even if Tibarn was a rather overwhelming personality for Daniel, he respected him well enough to not try anything funny and that was enough for Daniel not to object.

'Those Knives are shoddy' Daniel thought to himself, he read the merchant who sold them's mind almost instantly. Though he didn't warn Tibarn,

As They entered the Serpent's Envy, and Tibarn had to nearly flatten himself on a wall because of the lack of space, raised a chuckle out of Daniel, who got in without much problems, simply trying not to bump into anyone, checking out the bar, he noticed the diversity of the beings there, run by snake-folk, true to the name. With some Craags around, probably hired muscle to keep the bar secure. Some Dancers began to eye Daniel and Tibarn, though more daniel, because a a bright red and black space jumpsuit in the middle of a bar was bound to be noticeable. 

Still, they were friendly enough not to try anything, much to Daniel's relief, as he left his shotgun and wrench back at the ship. He then noticed the musician, a god damn flayer, he didn't expect to find anything psychic at the bar, Flayers were rather rare to find after all, especially civilian ones.

He placed a hand on Tibarn's shoulder as Daniel's eyes shined a dark purple hue. It was then Tibarn would begin to hear Daniel speaking...in his mind! Using his Psychic ability he managed to establish a temporary mental link with Tibarn, so long as they stayed nearby they'd be able to communicate with one another.

"There we go, better." Daniel spoke telepathicaly to Tibarn, "Too loud to communicate normaly here, anyway...im sure you noticed the variety of shady individuals in this place, my guess would be the cloaked individual over there at the bar. The Craags over there look ready to make a distraction if the need arise...they're dumb enough." Daniel gave out a possible diversion plan almost instantly. Though it was a last resort type of thing.

Edited by Scrapmaster

As Daniel stepped into the building he immediatly could feel the Flayer tracking his movements, as if it were recognizing his psychic aptitude. It continued playing but it was always fixed on him as if tranced. Which was unsual for a flayer. They dont normally act in such a way. Actually, Daniel began to notice something very off about the being. As if... it was mindless. He heard nothing from it just pure silence almost like there was no link at all.

Tibarn noticed the Yian-Ti behind the bar look over at the flayer, then lean in and whisper something to the hooded figure. The figured then swiftly walked away from their barstool and past the Craag who let them by.

Adamina slipped into an alleyway, bypassing the location where Eclaire sought out her information, oddly enough, and glanced behind to see if she was followed or not.  Feeling satisfied that she was quite alone, she slipped a claw to her comlink and rang up Solomond, as well as anyone else who had their comlinks turned on (if they had them).

"Solomond.  Adamina here.  It seems there are a few areas of interest within the space station regarding the captain.  The bar is a hotspot of activity, but there is also a private suite where deals go down relating to wet smuggling.  The source I got it from is very reliable."

She paused, thinking over the situation with gravity, her eyelids fluttering as her two brains communicated with each other quite speedily.

"If there's any bet of finding him, it is either at the Serpent's Envy or this suite when the next deal is set up, either by someone else or by us.  There is a third option pertaining to a warehouse, but that's best left to us if we need immediate cash.  Illegally harvested organs are assumed to be set up in there of various races for wet smuggling.  This could be worth a pretty penny if sold to the black market, though hospitals would reward almost equally for them.

"I feel the suite is our best bet, but with all said what're your thoughts?"

"Darling!" The woman coyly smiled at kagura, a hand trailing up her arm and shoulder to gently cup Eclaire's cheek. "Come to lose some stress? Maybe just for funs?" She giggled. "Maybe even join me workforce?"
"No, Candi." Eclaire patted her hand. "Can we talk? Privately?" She bit her lip. "And I don't meant 'talk' I mean actually talk."

Candi frowned, but took Eclaire's hand and pretty much dragged her into an alley...then pinned her against the wall behind a dumpster. "You know it's not as cheap as me..." she cooed. "So what does the kitty want to know?"

"Greyhawk." she tilted her head.

Candi froze...then her grip tightened, pinning Eclaire to the wall. "That's not a name you want to know of." she hissed. "And it's not cheap." She had changed from coy to cautious. "Lot of people want to know where he is with that bounty."

"I know." she sighed. "Now can you let me go? You know I prefer tender."

Candi scowled, but let go. "Creds first, then information."

Eclaire sighed, then fished out two thousand and handed it over. "Alright, there. Tell me please?" She clasped her hands together, ears flattening pleadingly. Candi gently facepalmed. "Please don - godsdammit don't do those kitten eyes....you're doing them." she rubbed her forehead. "Roses's Grace. Greyhawk prefers the girls there. Back room stuff. It's pricey..."

"Thank you!" She beamed, hugging her. "I'll leave you to it!" She said, and tried to escape, if not for Candi grabbing her arm. "Don't get yerself killed darling. I hate losing my favorites." letting go, she left with a halfhearted wave over her shoulder, leaving Eclaire to tap the com in her ear.

"Hey boss. I got a line for a place Greyhawk frequents. Back room of a place called Rose's Grace."

Geez, must you do that? Tibarn told Daniel telepathically.  It creeps me out when you get inside my head like that.  It bothered him in general that Daniel had a way inside his head, because if he could read his verbal intentions, what else could he read in there?  His every thought and inner secret?  Tibarn tried not to think about it most of the time.

The man took in his surroundings, noticing the hooded figure that the Yian-Ti had been whispering to.  Could he get them to share their secrets?  Probably not, but he felt that a feeble attempt couldn't hurt.

I'm going to go check these guys out, he told Daniel as he made his way over toward the bar in long strides.  Join me if you want.

A sideways grin cracked half his face as he slid his way onto a bar stool, meeting eyes with one of the Yian-Ti female bartenders.  "Hey, beautiful.  Can I get a mojito?"  He slid her more coin than the drink could've been worth, in an attempt to bribe her with a tip.  "Nice place you've got here, by the way.  Name's Ti; I'm just stopping through."  He didn't dare give his full name.  Chances were that his head was worth something on one of the planets that he'd smuggled goods from, and who knew where this woman's loyalties lay?

Jake hears Eclaire on his receiver in his ear. Greyhawk apparently visits a club called Rose’s Grace frequently. “Rose’s Grace huh? Great. Guess it’s time to say goodbye to señor dignity for the day. On it.” He adjusts the frequency to let the rest of the crew know about this. “Heads up guys, Greyhawk is known to visit Rose’s Grace a lot. I’m going to check it out. I’ll keep you posted if I locate him.”

He reaches Rose’s Grace and enters. It was jammed with creatures of many species, mostly males. He looks around at the activity. “Gross. No wonder we men are considered dumb pigs.” He notices a door leading to the back room. There appears to only be one. Jake decides to lay low and wait for someone to emerge, hopefully Greyhawk.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

@Mystic

The Yian-Ti raised an eyebrow at the new figure who had approached her. “Looking for a drink then, Ti?” She seemed mildly bothered by this and looked back over at the Flayer tracking where its eyes were looking.

@Thundaga

The Rose’s Grace was a large two to three stroy complex that spanned the station, it was indeed a Brothel and was filled with moatly male patrons,the place appeared to be run, from first glance, by a older human woman who was reading the space station’s new slate from behind a small desk. She was seem happily conversing with almost all the patrons and kindly taking her payment. As Jake sits there he sees a hooded figure walk in, motion to the old woman and he hears from behind the hood “the usual please. Thank you dear” before entering the backroom.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Daniel's spine shivered and the hair on his back stood upright as the Flayer began to fixate on him, he knew Flayers were quick to catch onto psychic aptitude of others, and those with psychic aptitude were either treated with disdain or respect from them, it depended on the person. As they fed on the mind, a well conditioned psychic could prove quite the meal, but if you were a psychic you were also a big threat to them in your own way.

However this Flayer was different, there was no link between Daniel and it, like the previous flayers he met on his travels with the crew, those had minds of their own, this one was just completely empty, even if he could feel it fixated on him...it was strange, as even if he tried he couldn't link with it. He only shot a glance at before turning to Tibarn, who had just complained about the mind link.

"Oh calm down, Im not gonna dig up your memories. It knows its weird but its necessary if we want to talk in this place." Daniel replied telepathicaly to him as Tibarn quickly went to grab a drink with the Yian-Ti. Daniel sighed as he followed along, sitting one or two seats away from Tibarn as to not draw attention as if they were together. 

"Whiskey, please." Daniel requested, as he'd let Tibarn handle the talking. He'd be on stand by in case anything went wrong.