Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Seyin95

Mini Discussion regarding Disney cameos

Hello all,

I was just involved in a discussion regarding 'Space Paranoids' and 'The Grid' and the potential of that world returning. Whilst, I flat out do not expect that to happen, this does tie in to something we know is happening within KH3 and that's cameos.

This has been a common occurrence within the KH series from Pinocchio in Traverse Town and the likes of Merlin and Scrooge McDuck in Radiant Garden. We know Remy will be in Twilight Town, so linking back to my original point and the question I want to ask you all, a Tron cameo would work.

During the second trailer at E3 and the Orchestra Trailer (for those who attended), Ienzo was seen in Ansem's Computer Room. We know Ienzo is helping Sora, and during KH2 we know Tron can communicate to the 'Users' via the computer. So why not have Tron speak to Sora or Ienzo? This is merely building upon something that already exists within KH and if we are focusing on Ansem's data, there becomes a valid reason for a Cameo.

This builds upon my next point, why limit Cameos to a small selection of worlds? If we have similar worlds and by that I mean a world that has not made the cut, why not have them appear as a cameo in the world that did? Now the Tron cameo is what I'll call a direct cameo which is where there is actual interaction with the characters, however you could have indirect cameos such as the lady and the tramp statue again.

Another point I think is interesting is that it encourages exploration of the worlds. For example in the Pirates world, why not on one of the islands have an indirect reference to Atlantis? Have a 'Hero's Duty' console in Toy Box (I believe this would work the best due it being sci fi) and in Tangled if we can explore the caves, why not have a bear painting?

Overall, what do people think? What Cameos would you like to see? This isn't my usual 'think of a theory' post, but more of a discussion! 

Yeah, I see where you're going at with this. This is part of what makes Kingdom Hearts as awesome as it does! It's not just the Disney characters we get to see with our own eyes, but it's also the indirect references to other characters we get as well!

A Tron cameo would be amazing, but with Tron's fate left unsolved in Dream Drop Distance, there'd still be the matter of Rinzler being reprogrammed into Tron, since Clu still had him under his hold, despite Tron having gained back his conscience. That'd be tricky, but I really wish that Tron would return so that we conclude that arc of Sora's story with his world!

As for your other suggestions, they sound amazing! Just imagine that we're sailing on the Black Pearl, and Jack Sparrow comes up and talks to us about a rumor he heard one time of a city submerged in the depths of the sea, one with untold treasure! Then he'd say something along the lines like: "There's supposed to be a treasure down there that can control the fate of both land and sea..." referring to the Heart Of Atlantis! Things like that would be cool to have indeed!

I could see Tron getting a cameo of some sort. I don't see the world returning personally but him playing some sort of role would be nice. For other Disney cameos, I think they would be more likely to happen in the hub or original worlds. Mostly for continuity reasons. But who knows?   

Yeah, I see where you're going at with this. This is part of what makes Kingdom Hearts as awesome as it does! It's not just the Disney characters we get to see with our own eyes, but it's also the indirect references to other characters we get as well!

A Tron cameo would be amazing, but with Tron's fate left unsolved in Dream Drop Distance, there'd still be the matter of Rinzler being reprogrammed into Tron, since Clu still had him under his hold, despite Tron having gained back his conscience. That'd be tricky, but I really wish that Tron would return so that we conclude that arc of Sora's story with his world!

As for your other suggestions, they sound amazing! Just imagine that we're sailing on the Black Pearl, and Jack Sparrow comes up and talks to us about a rumor he heard one time of a city submerged in the depths of the sea, one with untold treasure! Then he'd say something along the lines like: "There's supposed to be a treasure down there that can control the fate of both land and sea..." referring to the Heart Of Atlantis! Things like that would be cool to have indeed!

Gotta remember that The grid in dream drop distance is a completely different world to space paranoids, the TRON we Interacted with was the one in Ansem’s computer, not the one where wherever Kevin Flynn’s Grid is. But it looks like Ansem!TRON and Rinzler share the same memories since they technically share the same heart. But yeah I REALLY want TRON to appear in this, I get the feeling he’s going to be a link tbh, either from Radiant Garden or a space themed world. Edited by Christmas Past

Gotta remember that The grid in dream drop distance is a completely different world to space paranoids, the TRON we Interacted with was the one in Ansem’s computer, not the one where wherever Kevin Flynn’s Grid is. But it looks like Ansem!TRON and Rinzler share the same memories since they technically share the same heart. But yeah I REALLY want TRON to appear in this, I get the feeling he’s going to be a link tbh, either from Radiant Garden or a space themed world.

That is true! I recall Xemnas saying that the data of The Grid was the original data for Ansem's system. But if that's the case, then would KHIII completely ignore that whole Rinzler arc and have us see normal Tron in Space Paranoids as if nothing happened? Wouldn't that be confusing for us and for Sora and friends?

That is true! I recall Xemnas saying that the data of The Grid was the original data for Ansem's system. But if that's the case, then would KHIII completely ignore that whole Rinzler arc and have us see normal Tron in Space Paranoids as if nothing happened? Wouldn't that be confusing for us and for Sora and friends?

Sora would probably address it and TRON is most likely not going to recall anything, since what happened in The Grid was a dream the world was having, the same way he was confused when jiminy didn’t recognize him.

Sora would probably address it and TRON is most likely not going to recall anything, since what happened in The Grid was a dream the world was having, the same way he was confused when jiminy didn’t recognize him.

Ah, I guess that could be a way to go around that!

But wait a moment, didn't Young Xehanort say in Dream Drop Distance that data cannot dream? That what happened in that world was happening in real time? For now my memory is flunky on that scene, but I recall Young Xehanort or Xemnas saying something along those lines!

Okay, I found the cutscene where Young Xehanort explains this. Just skip over to 11:16, and that's where you'll find that bit of dialogue I'm talking to you about! 

So either data does not dream, and what happened in The Grid would affect Sora's next time seeing Tron, or maybe it's Young Xehanort lying to him to mess with his head. I honestly don't know, but yeah, it's just something interesting to point out, ya know?