Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Kaleb Ninja

Collector's Edition?

Is the Deluxe Edition +  Bring Arts Figures bundle suppose to be the Collector's Edition? I locked down a pre order but its a weird way to label it if it is. I dont wanna get caught of guard if the real one shows up later on.

At this stage, Square Enix could technically do anything lol. But I doubt they would sell a different Collector's Edition further down this year before the game's release. It would be a case of terrible marketing imo. They still have the details from the LE PS4 Pro to release, which I don't think would fair well with fans (or their wallets) if they also dropped a separate Collector's Edition then.

I suppose their naming it the "Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures" bundle could partly be wanting to be transparent about its contents, so as to not create as much of a demand from scalpers perhaps, as the naming I feel speaks more to true collectors of the series rather than anyone buying it for the sake of it being called a "Collector's Edition". Might help to regulate demand too, since there isnt that same hype of having to pursue a "Collector's Edition" vs. thinking back to the hype from the preorder fiasco of the Ultimate Collector's Edition of FFXV was. The naming could also be a marketing tactic to promote the Bring Arts figures, since they seem to be releasing a lot of those lately.  All speculation though.

Edited by blue490246