Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
JTD95

Hearts grown by Nobodies

Kingdom Hearts has a story we all easily buy into in the moment of each scene but once we try to make sense of it all it becomes quite confusing. I've had a question for a while which I feel falls into this as well. I don't believe Nomura has an answer to what I'm about to ask nor do I think we'll ever get one. But its still fun none the less to ask these questions, and heck, maybe there is an answer and I just haven't paid enough attention.

My question is regarding something Xemnas said in KH3D. He said that Nobodies can develop hearts within them over a period of time. But what I wonder is what happens to this new heart once the Nobody is defeated and joins with its original heart from its Heartless counter part? Lea's Nobody is Axel and Lea's Heartless is some random Heartless (a Red Nocturne or Crimson Jazz perhaps). So over time Axel either potentially could or perhaps even did develop a heart of his own. But Axel and Lea's Heartless have both been defeated now and joined together to recreate their original self, Lea. So, what happens to the heart Axel developed during his time as a Nobody?

I just assumed in cases like this that the two hearts merged at some point (although that's just speculation).

Kingdom Hearts has a story we all easily buy into in the moment of each scene but once we try to make sense of it all it becomes quite confusing. I've had a question for a while which I feel falls into this as well. I don't believe Nomura has an answer to what I'm about to ask nor do I think we'll ever get one. But its still fun none the less to ask these questions, and heck, maybe there is an answer and I just haven't paid enough attention.

My question is regarding something Xemnas said in KH3D. He said that Nobodies can develop hearts within them over a period of time. But what I wonder is what happens to this new heart once the Nobody is defeated and joins with its original heart from its Heartless counter part? Lea's Nobody is Axel and Lea's Heartless is some random Heartless (a Red Nocturne or Crimson Jazz perhaps). So over time Axel either potentially could or perhaps even did develop a heart of his own. But Axel and Lea's Heartless have both been defeated now and joined together to recreate their original self, Lea. So, what happens to the heart Axel developed during his time as a Nobody?

Axel is your answer, they fuse together, Axel is Lea now but everything he gained when he was Axel is now present as Lea, he obviously kept everything from his life as Axel.

Axel is your answer, they fuse together, Axel is Lea now but everything he gained when he was Axel is now present as Lea, he obviously kept everything from his life as Axel.

But does Lea have two hearts now? His own original and the one Axel developed?

What happens if a Nobody is never defeated but grows its own heart?  Does it become its own person?  Axel did say in Re:com/Com "We Nobodies can never hope to be Somebodies."

That's what Axel and everyone else thought at the time. But Xemnas says in KH3D that Nobodies could grow hearts of their own over time.

But does Lea have two hearts now? His own original and the one Axel developed?

That's what Axel and everyone else thought at the time. But Xemnas says in KH3D that Nobodies could grow hearts of their own over time.

Just the one, but it contains everything from both his Heart from before he became an Heartless and everything he gaind when he lived as Axel

You could also say roxas is the answer to that question because when he and sora merged he most certantly was his own person with his own heart allreay. That is sora has or can have acces to all of roxas memories and feelings and roxas as a being also exists somewere in him but sora is in controll so pretty much the same thing we have now with axel and lea.

Thinking about this makes roxas whole ark in kh2 even more interesting though would roxas have eventually become sora if ansem waited long enough and when sora in the pot had came out we than had 2 of them?

You could also say roxas is the answer to that question because when he and sora merged he most certantly was his own person with his own heart allreay. That is sora has or can have acces to all of roxas memories and feelings and roxas as a being also exists somewere in him but sora is in controll so pretty much the same thing we have now with axel and lea.

Thinking about this makes roxas whole ark in kh2 even more interesting though would roxas have eventually become sora if ansem waited long enough and when sora in the pot had came out we than had 2 of them?

The thing with Roxas is that he never fused with Sora's Heart, he has his own Heart. That's because of his creation, since he never had the connection with Sora he had no basis to develop his Heart and thus has a brand new Heart.

You see, normally whan a Nobody his created he still has his memories from when he was normal, so Axel's heart for example is an extention of Lea's Heart and the heart he regrew is like a continuation of Lea's, like a Part 1 and a Part 2 if you will, so when he came back both their hearts, 2 parts of the same one, got back together and he gained every memory from both hearts. Now Roxas is different, because he never had Sora's memories his Heart was a blank slate and thus it's own thing, so when Roxas went back to Sora their Hearts continued to be independent from each other because they're not Part 1 and Part 2 like they should've been, you can say they're something like Part 1 and Part A for an easy example, don't forget that everything about Roxas is an anomaly. Same with Naminé and Kairi BTW, again because Naminé's an anomaly.