Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

My friend wants Single Player games to die ''maybe'' cause he enjoys multiplayer more.

So with all the recent discussions over Single Player games are not populair enough and don't earn money for the publishers, many morons think these games should just all die and so far my knowledge goes this started with EA with their greed for money and their reasons why they cancelled a Star Wars linear Uncharted style game... cause they couldn't put loot boxes in them and linear doesn't earn money...

BUT THIS IS PROVEN WRONG: 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/3/17314880/god-of-war-ps4-sales-record

God of war was the most fast selling exclusive on the PS4 EVER in just a few days it sold over 3 million copy's under three days on JUST one console alone!

But now I go a bit of topic.

I have nothing against multiplayer I never really liked multiplayer except on a few occasions (I do say admit I like some co-op missions in Uncharted) and if I have to decide between an open world game or just a linear game with no multiplayer attached toit to a full fledged multiplayer game I grab the single player game in a heart beat! but I don't want multiplayer games to die! why should it die?

Multiplayer brings joy to so many people and while I do not like it there is no reason that it should DIE because I don't like it. Do these people want Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Batman, Spiderman, God of War to die? do they want 7 year olds to play Lego multiplayer games?

Yes this topic was inspired by what my friend said but I would like toknow your opinion and thought's and if you are a big multiplayer fan PLEASE write your thought's in the comment section down below.

Also one thing: Single player game lives forever you can Always return... Multiplayer maps die.

Sorry for English I use a different keyboard now and I have to smash the correct words xD

I personally don't play multiplayer at all. Maybe it would be fun to try someday, but generally I consider gaming "alone time", when I can just relax and do whatever I want, and certainly not deal with other people (I like people, don't get me wrong, but interacting with others is so draining!) Also, I don't consider myself pro at games, so co-op would probably just stress me out anyway.

I'm sure both single player and multiplayer games have their own markets. Nothing wrong with either, they simply cater to different needs. And most people probably enjoy both anyway.

Single player games are in no danger of dying. If anything, they are thriving in gaming society, and they will always thrive so long as gaming exists, ya know? I mean sure, multiplayer is fun and all, but having a great single player game with an amazing story, amazing voice acting, amazing music and overall fun gameplay to enjoy hours upon hours is easily better than just endlessly grinding on multiplayer games just to gain a higher rank or keep up with leaderboards!

Don't get me wrong, multiplayer isn't a bad thing! It's something that helps us connect with other gamers across the world, and it's a great way to bring people together! The only multiplayer games I have are the two Star Wars Battlefront games EA has published, Smash Bros. Brawl and 3DS, Mortal Kombat IX and Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2, and the only ones I really play frequently are Smash 3DS and Battlefront II. I'm more of a traditional, single player kind of gamer, ya know?

I believe that in today's gaming society, single player and multiplayer go hand in hand, balanced. You can have a game with both features, or have just a single player or just a multiplayer game. It all depends on a gamer's tastes! Which is why there's a varied market with something for everyone, ya know?

I'm not really into multiplayer myself.  I have nothing against it, but I also have no interest in it either (especially if pvp is included).  Like littleTSUBAME gaming for me is some alone time where I don't want to be disturbed when playing.  So single player games are when I have the most fun.