Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tails

So Now That E3 2018 Is Over...

What did you all think of this year's E3? Like, what were your overall thoughts on the event? We're there any game announcements that you liked? For me, I think this year's E3 was pretty good in comparison to the ones we had in the last two or three years. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo had equally good E3 conferences in my opinion.

I'm pretty satisfied with this year's E3. Got to see lots of Kingdom Hearts 3, a new trailer on Death Stranding, and Super Smash Bros has all of my favorite characters back!... Even though I won't be able to play the game cause I don't own a Switch xD (unless if it comes out on 3DS again I'd be pre-ordering it immediately). I didn't watch any of the live streams or Disney X D for the conferences cause I only wanted to see a few games. 

Edited by EchoFox23*

Overall, I was kind of disappointed. Microsoft was impressive and I look forward to what they do in the future. Sony's lineup was pretty stale, in that I don't know if they really convinced anyone on the fence to purchase their 1st party lineup, with the exception of Spider-Man. Nintendo was a huge letdown. My message to Nintendo, EA, Square, and Bethesda would be: If you don't have anything BIG to drop, then don't have a conference at all and save us the trouble.

As a KH fan I'm VERY HAPPY, but I noticed something troubling. Watching gamers who weren't diehard KH fans react to the trailers was very eye opening. Though there was much intrigue on the inclusion of Frozen and Pirates, many people were turned off by the "KH nonsense" being spewed. For example: "Will Elsa choose light or darkness?", "Roxas's heart is in MY heart!", and "Ansem the Wise would've made a copy in Data Twilight Town". I worry that people are either just not going to purchase KH3 at all, or give it a low rating due to its "non-sense story:

For KH news it was mindblowing I was scared to have some other announcement after Pirates and not being able to handle it! Plus the post-event interviews with Papa Nomura and the details he let fly by!

As an overall I think there were pretty good announcements but nothing that incredible, as Xanjoh stated I was really into Smash and Jump Force but not much more from there, The Last of Us Part II is also looking pretty good.

I just felt a little underwhelmed with Nintendo's Direct. Smash is nice, don't get me wrong, but did they really need to spend 2 thirds of the presentation on one game?

I didn't get a chance to see Nintendo's E3 Showcase. I was mostly focused on reacting to the PlayStation and Square Enix's KH3 trailers. I saw and reacted to the KH3 Xbox trailer. I have to say it's the first time I've recorded myself reacting to the whole showcase of Square Enix and PlayStation. 

I have to say, I really dug this year's E3! There were lots of amazing games shown, and the trailers for each of them were pretty darn awesome! I obviously and especially loved the triple threat of trailers we got for Kingdom Hearts III, as the entire community just combusted into an unending hype frenzy! The trailers were worth it, and we got the release date and just a big slew of epic information! It made me really happy!

There are a few games throughout E3 other than Kingdom Hearts III that caught my particular attention, those being:

• Tales Of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  • Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Babylon's Fall
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Ghost Of Tsushima
  • The Last Of Us Part II
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Marvel's Spider-Man

All of these games are on my radar, and little by little, I wanna get em! :D

It was good,but a bit disappointing,speaking as a Nintendo fan.Tales of Vesperia Definitive edition was awesome news,I love what we saw of KH3 for sure,I'm very happy about Frozen being confirmed in KH3,Dragon Ball Fighter Z coming to the Switch is awesome,the Xenoblade 2 DLC looks pretty good and of course there was SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE,the upcoming game I'm most excited about.

At the same time,it was a bit disappointing because I expected a bit more from Nintendo.Sony,Microsoft and the other guys had great games I'm sure,but I don't pay much attention to them,I don't have a PS4 or an Xbox 1. I know we can't expect Nintendo to make Masterpiece like Breath of the Wild every months,but I expected a bit more then Smash like Metroid Prime 4,what about some Odyssey DLC worlds,that'd be exciting,some 3DS ports would have been awesome,a new Donkey Kong game or whatever.It was still a great E3 though

Edited by Isaix