Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

The World That Never Was

That's actually a pretty good theory! We have never gotten any explanation about The World That Never Was aside from the fact that it's the homeworld of the Nobodies! But other than that, we really don't know how this world wound up being the way it is! So maybe you're onto something! We could get a big revelation about it in Kingdom Hearts III! :D

well it could be possible but i always took it to be the nobody of worlds in the same sense the end of the world is the heartless of worlds

That makes sense too, but the fact that the World that Never Was showed up in Kingdom Hearts 3D has got me wondering if there's something more to it. Again, it could very well be that it's simply the Nobody of worlds, but I can't help but wonder if there's a longer history there.

Edited by Allwil13

That makes sense too, but the fact that the World that Never Was showed up in Kingdom Hearts 3D has got me wondering if there's something more to it. Again, it could very well be that it's simply the Nobody of worlds, but I can't help but wonder if there's a longer history there.

well remember that it was in the sleeping realm with worlds that were destroyed by the heartless after it was seemingly destroyed in kh2

not saying that theres no chance of there being more to it, the world that never was having been daybrake town sounds like the sort of thing theyd do

well remember that it was in the sleeping realm with worlds that were destroyed by the heartless after it was seemingly destroyed in kh2

not saying that theres no chance of there being more to it, the world that never was having been daybrake town sounds like the sort of thing theyd do

It could be Daybreak Town, but it could also be Cable Town. We don't really know much about Cable Town right now, though there is a fan theory that Cable Town is the homeworld of Eraqus, and that it's where Xehanort learned to wield a keyblade. If this theory turns out to be true then maybe Cable Town was overrun by darkness and Xemnas decided to make it the Organization's headquarters because that was where his journey to becoming a keyblade master as a human started.

It could be Daybreak Town, but it could also be Cable Town. We don't really know much about Cable Town right now, though there is a fan theory that Cable Town is the homeworld of Eraqus, and that it's where Xehanort learned to wield a keyblade. If this theory turns out to be true then maybe Cable Town was overrun by darkness and Xemnas decided to make it the Organization's headquarters because that was where his journey to becoming a keyblade master as a human started.

that would be quite appropriate 

I would.love it if the worls that never was is the corrupted version of sibuya from the characters of the world ends with you

Yea but the question is whatis the world that never was? The end of the world clearly was a patchwork from all the worlds the heartless destroyed.

My guess is that the world that never was was build by the nobodys. And it was build for the.same reason the nobodys when they tried to Kidnapp roxas they stole.photos of him. They are only vaguely remember what it is like to be human and so they think by creating a town, because humans live in towns, they are closer to being human again one of the many attemps to regain their humanity. That way the whole.place becomes not only scary but tragic

I would.love it if the worls that never was is the corrupted version of sibuya from the characters of the world ends with you

That would explain the city part of it. Might be an interesting development. Although I feel like if the theory about the World that never Was being another worlk that fell to darkness turns out to be true then it would have originally been an original world. But you never know.

The sensible explanation as far as I'm concerned is that The World that Never Was is precisely what the name describes, a miscarried fetus of a world or the soul or in KH terms, the nobody of an unconceived world.

Ultimately it's the mirror image of End of the World which is essentially the world graveyard. 

The sensible explanation as far as I'm concerned is that The World that Never Was is precisely what the name describes, a miscarried fetus of a world or the soul or in KH terms, the nobody of an unconceived world.

Ultimately it's the mirror image of End of the World which is essentially the world graveyard. 

Fair enough. I just can't help but feel like there's something more to it. I think it's because it's a city scape, it makes me wonder whether that was an inhabited city at one point. And not just inhabited by the organization, but by thousands of people.

Fair enough. I just can't help but feel like there's something more to it. I think it's because it's a city scape, it makes me wonder whether that was an inhabited city at one point. And not just inhabited by the organization, but by thousands of people.

Valid point but that could still go with the 'world not fully conceived' theory. 

And when you stop to think, this is the world in Kingdom Hearts that visually simulates how Sora and the gang would look like in a modern-esque setting, cuz The World That Never Was is similar to real life cities, albeit with its obvious differences!

But yes, this world has a lot of potential to be something even more, already than it was! Or should I say, never was. ;)

And when you stop to think, this is the world in Kingdom Hearts that visually simulates how Sora and the gang would look like in a modern-esque setting, cuz The World That Never Was is similar to real life cities, albeit with its obvious differences!

But yes, this world has a lot of potential to be something even more, already than it was! Or should I say, never was. ;)

If my theory turns out to be true, then I suspect it will turn out to be a corrupted versoin of either Cable Town or Daybreak Town. If you look at pictures of Cable Town (what few we have) there's a castle-like building hovering in the center connected to the rest of the city with chains. Kind of like the Castle that Never Was, except that one doesn't have the chains connecting it. Really interesting, huh?

If my theory turns out to be true, then I suspect it will turn out to be a corrupted versoin of either Cable Town or Daybreak Town. If you look at pictures of Cable Town (what few we have) there's a castle-like building hovering in the center connected to the rest of the city with chains. Kind of like the Castle that Never Was, except that one doesn't have the chains connecting it. Really interesting, huh?

Yeah, it really is pretty darn interesting! And it would make sense if it turned out to be The World That Never Was! With Kingdom Hearts III so close by, I'm sure we'll get our answers one way or the other!

So as I was playing Birth By Sleep I noticed that the Land of Departure appears to bear some resemblance to the artwork we've seen of Cable Town, which indicates to me that the Land of Departure might be what's left of Cable Town. So The World that never Was probably isn't a dark version of Cable Town. I'm still hoping for it to be Daybreak Town.