Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Wan_Pisu

What is your favorite Utada Hikaru album?

What is your favorite Utada Hikaru album?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Utada Hikaru album?

• First Love
    • Distance
    • Deep River
    • Exodus
    • Ultra Blue
    • Heart Station
    • This Is The One
    • Fantome
    • I haven't listened to the full albums.

I'm not that much into her type of music to be honest. It wouldn't have mattered to me if she didn't do the openings either since I also like instrumental pieces. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind her doing them since they aren't bad and my favorite orchestrated track is based on her song, I just couldn't have cared less if she returned for KH3 or not.

That's why I don't have a favorite album either...

thanks for reminding me what  I was wanting to do for a long time now

What happens if you think twice?
..oh!

OOOOOHHHHH! "mic drop sharks jumping in the air explosions air horns Party on the street CSI Miami theme playing"

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

"How could I ever love another? How could you say you don't remember? God knows I'd give anything for just one more night together" Gosh I used to listen to "This Is the One" (the song) all the time! "Apple and Cinnamon" and "Taking my money back" too. To be honest, I heard a bunch of her tracks but don't know what album they belong to. The only one I listened to fully was "Fantôme" so I guess that would be my favorite by default. It has some really good tracks and then some that aren't really my cup of tea, but overall it's a good album.

My favorite album is Distance because it was the album that made me really connect with Hikaru's music and singing style after not getting into it for a long time and opened the door to liking much more though I always liked Goodbye Happiness. I just love the mix of r and B, Latin, rock, a touch of rap, backing harmonies, thick but smooth rhythmic samplings and how silky, agile, raw and emotional Hikaru's voice is through out this album with fantastic falsettos and a desperate plaintive sound that is appealing, sensual, sensitive, and subtle. It is a bit harder edge but also features the excellent ballad Eternally.  The sound and prodcution is really beautiful too with a dexterous use of overdubs that lends a lush density and harmonic complexity to the vocals. Ultra Blue is second. Deep River third and Heart Station fourth.  Fantome and her last album follow these.