Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tyranto Rex

About there being more total worlds in KH3 than KH2

Remember in I think it was 2014 they said that KH3 would have more worlds then KH2? Well, I've been thinking about that, and I personally think that is no longer the case.

I really do think they originally planned on more, but later changed their minds and decided to have less worlds but more content instead. And yes, I am including original worlds with the total world count.

When they said KH3 would have less Disney worlds then KH2. People speculated that might mean more original worlds. Now they might include more original worlds in KH3 then in KH2 or KH1 but I don't think they would include THAT MANY more. And I really doubt they would have more total original worlds then Disney worlds. I firmly believe that Disney worlds will still be the vast majority of the game. And it looks like the Disney worlds will be more inclusive to the main plot this time around and I think having like ten original worlds would be backpedaling a lot.

Now, some of them might not be fully fledged worlds but I'm gonna assume most, if not all, are. That's a lot for one game. And we don't even know all the worlds yet. And if they were making 20+ worlds the game world be in development for probably another 3 years or so, give or take. And yeah, I know they should take they're time to make the best game possible, but you have to think about hype and whatnot and people waiting for a game 8+ years after it was announced is quite a lot to wait for a game from a major company (heck, even five years is a lot, but they already said they think they announced it too early). So they might have scrapped some of the worlds, both Disney and original (0.2 was original supposed to be in KH3 but they scrapped it and included it into a collection instead cause the game was already so big, which seems to me that Dark World would probably not be included in KH3 like some people have speculated, like it might if Riku is a playable character but I'm kinda iffy).

KH3 might still have more worlds than KH2 but I doubt it's gonna be that much more, maybe one or two more. But I don't think it's gonna be an extravagant amount. But I am only speculating here.

I remember Nomura said in an interview several months back that there would be a smaller amount of worlds than usual in KHIII, but that the worlds it does have will be much more fleshed out and bulky than in previous installments. I might be remembering that wrong, though. Maybe I'll try and dig up the interview. Honestly, as long as the worlds are engaging and full of story and stuff to do, I don't really mind if there's not as many as usual. 

He might have also been referring to DIsney worlds and not worlds in general. It seems that a number of original worlds will be making a return, like the Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, etc. Again, the interview is kind of old now, so I don't remember it super well. 

I remember Nomura said in an interview several months back that there would be a smaller amount of worlds than usual in KHIII, but that the worlds it does have will be much more fleshed out and bulky than in previous installments. I might be remembering that wrong, though. Maybe I'll try and dig up the interview. Honestly, as long as the worlds are engaging and full of story and stuff to do, I don't really mind if there's not as many as usual. 

He might have also been referring to DIsney worlds and not worlds in general. It seems that a number of original worlds will be making a return, like the Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, etc. Again, the interview is kind of old now, so I don't remember it super well. 

He did specify Disney worlds. I'm gonna make a guess that there are gonna be 9 or 10 Disney worlds, which is quite a bit considering the size of them. For original, I think it's gonna be about 4-6? I really don't see more than that if they want the game out on time. I know there are a few of the original worlds people mention I don't personally think will or even need to return. Some of them might show up in cut scenes though.

I much rather prefer quality over quantity too, so yeah I don't mind there being less worlds. But I will be honest, I think having less than eight Disney and like two original worlds would kinda upset me though. 

I much rather prefer quality over quantity too, so yeah I don't mind there being less worlds. But I will be honest, I think having less than eight Disney and like two original worlds would kinda upset me though. 

One of the drawbacks of this series is that with every new installment, there are literally dozens of movies that people want to see appear as worlds. So the more world slots, the more potential for people to see their favourites. Therefore, with less world slots, there will be more disappointment when certain films don't make the cut. My point is, I think no matter how many or how few worlds there are, there will always be a certain amount of disappointment for everyone because many films won't make it into the final product. I agree that the more worlds, the better, but if less worlds means more content in each one, I'm sure we'll all be at least satisfied.

Last time i heard ot was 9 worlds 6/7 of them will be dismey and 2/3 will be new ones. Which is fine kh1 had 10/11 worlds depending how you count. And remember they will be HUGE. My hope is that for kh4 we will get as many worlds as possible but half as big as what we get now I like the diversety

Nomura said that there'll be a smaller amount of DISNEY Worlds than KHII, so we can hope for 11 but I believe they'll between 9 and 10 (he didn't say nothing about KH1 so I think there'll be at least 8 disney worlds like KH1 -if we don't count the 100 acre woods-)

BTW I think there will be at the most 7 original worlds (I obviously included the announced ones), so an amount between 15 and 18 worlds.

Edited by The Key of the Brain

Actually, I think it's gonna end up surprising us. As of now it's not easy to know how many worlds that are left. However, with the recent trailer (introducing Classic shorts)

I found some hope that there could be at least a few more worlds that would differ from the CGI ones. 

Also, I do believe that there will end up being 10 Disney Worlds in total. With maybe 4 original ones. 

believe that Nomura and the team had planned for more World's (remember that world that was shown behind closed doors with chains and Sora was holding a chess piece, never heard of that anymore) but than they stumbled on some development issues and the hole engine switch 2 or 3 years ago so they had to scrap everything and do everything over again had effect on the development.

But whatever it was Nomura and the other's most likely put those story elements and ideas in the current world's they have now and the world's that were close to finish they kept so I don't think it matters that much maybe we see original worlds in DLC.

Last time i heard ot was 9 worlds 6/7 of them will be dismey and 2/3 will be new ones. Which is fine kh1 had 10/11 worlds depending how you count. And remember they will be HUGE. My hope is that for kh4 we will get as many worlds as possible but half as big as what we get now I like the diversety

They said the world were set up into three parts with about three worlds in each part. But they also added that was not mean that there are only nine worlds.

i never trust the interview because nomura often mislead us with his word.. i can't state exactly when.. but there's so much ambiguous thing he said before.. not counting the mistranslation that happen all the time in famitsu.

Anyway i believe we will get 1-2 more disney world (frozen and maybe jungle book or treasure planet) and 2-3 original world including the final world. So 10 world in total.. that's plenty considering how big the world are

When it comes to Disney words, i believe there will be 10. I say that because from what it looks like, an organization member will be involved in every world (aside from Mount Olumpus from the looks of it). Now we can exclude Master Xehanort, the thirteenth member, Ansem, and Xemnas due to their importance the story. That leaves 9 members. All 9 of these members will preside in each individual world (again, aside from mount Olumpus). That in turn means 10 total worlds and most likely 6 original worlds.

He did say back in 2014 that there would be more worlds than in KH2. However, take note that the strongest system they have released a game on was between the PS2 and the 3DS. That was probably during the time that they have decided to go with quality over quantity. So far, we only have 5 confirmed Disney worlds (Hercules, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Toy Story, and Monster's Inc). I'm guessing we are only going to have about 8-10 Disney Worlds and about 3-4 original worlds, 14 total worlds at the most and 11 at the least. At this point, Frozen is basically 97% confirmed to be a world (there's still a chance of it not making it in, but let's be real, Square would be idiots not to implement Frozen into the game). The Jungle Book and Treasure Planet may have a chance, but a very low one. I would think Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Wall-E, or even Star Wars have a better shot making it into KH3.

Other than that, modeling takes time, especially on a more developed console like the PS4 and Xbox One. Also, they listened to the fan requests on not making the worlds empty. Only time will tell how good these decisions were made.

Well, in my honest opinion, I believe that Kingdom Hearts III will end up having a total of 13 to 16 worlds, which I say is a reasonable amount! Heck, even if it's just 11 to 12 worlds, I won't complain! Nomura himself explained just how massive these worlds will be, and with so much stuff to do and with the bulk of the story alone, I have faith that we won't be disappointed with the amount of worlds the game will have, ya know?

I'm personally hoping that among the Disney worlds, Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire make it into the game! I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but these two films deserve to be in the KH Universe! They are too perfect! <3

I can see At least 10 of the Disney Worlds being in it (With Ralph and Pooh being in other Worlds like Radiant Garden and Disney Castle/Town (Since that World is a Disney Original World though it's not based on any Disney movie or Disney Animated Show) then at least 6-7 Original Worlds leading up to 16-17 Worlds and here's what i want (Though i don't know if There will be Atlantis The Lost Empire or Agrabah or The Princess and the Frog in the Game though here's what i want)...

World Order

Beginning (Meaning the Worlds that are finished)

Twilight Town

Mount Olympus (Hercules)

Galaxy Toys (Toy Story)

Monstropolis (Monsters Inc)

Unknown World (We don't know if it's a Disney World or an Original World)

Middle (60 to 70% Done)

Radiant Garden (100 Acre Wood as Optional World)

Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)

The Mysterious Jungle (The Jungle Book

Kingdom of Arendelle (Frozen)

Final (The Final Part of the Game)

San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)

Crescentia Spaceport (Treasure Planet) (Though it would have to work with the Gummi Ship)

Cable Town

Keyblade Graveyard/Kingdom Hearts (This one mentioned with Nomura and hoping to switch Party Members fighting alongside Sora)

Riku's Story: Realm of Darkness & Castle Oblivion