•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Channel Awesome

channel awesome doug walker nostalgia critic

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Scsigs

Scsigs
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

They're saying that because of how far in advance the episodes are recorded. Personally, I thought that that was only a week, but if the gap between filming dates & release dates increased, ok, but I don't know. That would explain why the last few episodes have been very minimally done, as if they had to shorten them to just the bare minimum of what people expect from the Critic. No sketches, no real anything, just Doug in character summing up the movies & making wisecracks. This could be him harkening back to the early days of the series, but even most of those had good gags in them. These feel like someone who's just getting into online video reviewing. It's weird, especially how Doug went into such a diatribe about his newest style of reviewing being better now than back then in the review of Christmas With the Cranks, so you'd expect him to throw in a few sketches minimum per review with another actor. I wonder why this is. We'll probably find out soon.

#22 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:43 AM

That would explain why the last few episodes have been very minimally done, as if they had to shorten them to just the bare minimum of what people expect from the Critic. No sketches, no real anything, just Doug in character summing up the movies & making wisecracks. 

Huh. I haven't been watching Nostalgia Critic ever since I discovered this whole controversy. It just isn't the same for me anymore. So I didn't know that this is what the new reviews are like. That does sound like he's slowly making his exit. 

#23 Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee
  • 847 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

Yep. No truth, vitriolic, & full of misinformation. Just like Donald Trump's Twitter account.

Or like anything from Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton.

#24 Dave

Dave

Mr. Money in the Bank

• 3,022 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Yep. No truth, vitriolic, & full of misinformation. Just like Donald Trump's Twitter account.

Or like anything from Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton.

Friendly reminder to keep things on topic.

#25 Scsigs

Scsigs
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Huh. I haven't been watching Nostalgia Critic ever since I discovered this whole controversy. It just isn't the same for me anymore. So I didn't know that this is what the new reviews are like. That does sound like he's slowly making his exit. 

Maybe. Then again, it's not like he really tore into those movies, so I don't know.