•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Spyro The Dragon HD Trilogy Leaked

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

I think people are overreacting on Toys for Bob. Was Skylanders really that bad? If it wouldn't have been for TLS I never would have been as open for new re-tellings of a character. 

I have avoided Skylanders ever since its inception. Not because I think it's bad; I'm sure it's a really fun series and it probably does deserve most of the praise. My problem with it is that even though the first game was called "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure", Spyro was apparently barely in it! Now I haven't played the game so maybe I was misinformed, but everyone I know who played it said that Spyro is not that important in the game. Then once it came out and attained such great success, any new "Spyro" game to be announced wasn't really a Spyro game at all, it was just more Skylanders with Spyro as a playable character. It just felt to me like they took such a beloved character, used him to make their game sell, and then tossed him aside.

This probably makes me sound petty, and I understand that. I haven't played Skylanders, so maybe I'm a hypocrite too. But I didn't like how they handled Spyro with Skylanders.

#42 IwasBornAsVentus

IwasBornAsVentus

Mozzarella King

• 469 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

I have avoided Skylanders ever since its inception. Not because I think it's bad; I'm sure it's a really fun series and it probably does deserve most of the praise. My problem with it is that even though the first game was called "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure", Spyro was apparently barely in it! Now I haven't played the game so maybe I was misinformed, but everyone I know who played it said that Spyro is not that important in the game. Then once it came out and attained such great success, any new "Spyro" game to be announced wasn't really a Spyro game at all, it was just more Skylanders with Spyro as a playable character. It just felt to me like they took such a beloved character, used him to make their game sell, and then tossed him aside.

This probably makes me sound petty, and I understand that. I haven't played Skylanders, so maybe I'm a hypocrite too. But I didn't like how they handled Spyro with Skylanders.

I can understand that. Just the game itself outside of Spyro's involvement, I think some are being way to hard on.

#43 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

I can understand that. Just the game itself outside of Spyro's involvement, I think some are being way to hard on.

Again, I haven't played the game, so I wouldn't know about that, but everyone I know who's played it has loved it. Apparently it's really fun.

#44 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

So, Spyro is to be a September game as well, eh? It'll be facing competition in the form of Insomniac's Spider-Man, so let's see how Spyro fares out!

#45 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

So, Spyro is to be a September game as well, eh? It'll be facing competition in the form of Insomniac's Spider-Man, so let's see how Spyro fares out!

I think Spyro will do just fine. A ton of people will buy it because they played the original trilogy as kids. Like me, for instance. :)

#46 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Think, think, think..."

• 13,657 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

I think Spyro will do just fine. A ton of people will buy it because they played the original trilogy as kids. Like me, for instance. :)

Yeah, that's something that helps the game, since nostalgia is a key factor when bringing back a long dormant video game franchise. So yeah, Spyro could enjoy some healthy sales!

#47 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:13 AM

As long as they fix the many bugs of Spyro 2, I'm good x)

I replayed the whole game yesterday, and using bugs and glitches lets you breeze through the game like no one's business xD

I heard there was a glitch in Spooky Swamp from Spyro 3 that made collecting the gems impossible.  I hope they fix all the glitches.

#48 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:04 AM

I heard there was a glitch in Spooky Swamp from Spyro 3 that made collecting the gems impossible.  I hope they fix all the glitches.

I don't remember any glitches from the original trilogy. And I've played it in recent years. Maybe I just lucked out and didn't run into any?

#49 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

I don't remember any glitches from the original trilogy. And I've played it in recent years. Maybe I just lucked out and didn't run into any?

The Spyro wikia lists the glitches though, it wasn't as glitchy as Spyro Enter the Dragonfly though.