•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Spyro The Dragon HD Trilogy Leaked

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

Ripto's Rage was kind of mediocre.  I am looking forward to what the other two have to offer.

Ripto's Rage was the first playstation game I ever played, so I probably look at it through the nostalgia lens a bit. I loved Year of the Dragon almost as much as Ripto's Rage. The first game was the one that I felt wasn't too great, though that was mainly because I found Spyro's voice to be unbelievably grating.

#22 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Ripto's Rage was the first playstation game I ever played, so I probably look at it through the nostalgia lens a bit. I loved Year of the Dragon almost as much as Ripto's Rage. The first game was the one that I felt wasn't too great, though that was mainly because I found Spyro's voice to be unbelievably grating.

Yeah, Tom Kenny can be annoying at times but I think that's because Spyro is supposed to a teenage boy or something.  Of course, Sparx's voice in A Hero's Tail was too much.

#23 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

Of course, Sparx's voice in A Hero's Tail was too much.

Oh, yeah. Such a shame, too. A Hero's Tail was the last decent Spyro game, but Sparx's voice drove me nuts.

#24 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

Oh, yeah. Such a shame, too. A Hero's Tail was the last decent Spyro game, but Sparx's voice drove me nuts.

I mean, changing Sparx's voice was probably a bad idea.  I mean, he's a bug, so the voices that he had in the original trilogy is quite fitting unlike the voice he had in a Hero's Tail.  I also hope Blink the Mole makes a future appearance along with the Bendy the Yeti.

#25 IwasBornAsVentus

IwasBornAsVentus

Mozzarella King

• 449 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

Outside of Insominiac's trilogy I quite enjoyed TLOS trilogy as well. It will be great to play this remake on PS4.

#26 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Outside of Insominiac's trilogy I quite enjoyed TLOS trilogy as well. It will be great to play this remake on PS4.

Maybe, Year of the Dragonfly won't actually be rushed and get a second chance that will actually make it a good game for once.  I read on Wikipedia (yes I know not a reliable source) that said that Ripto and Gnasty Gnorc were going to join against Spyro and since the dragonflies were crucial to the dragons.  It would make a great plot since Sparx keeps track of your health.

#27 IwasBornAsVentus

IwasBornAsVentus

Mozzarella King

• 449 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Maybe, Year of the Dragonfly won't actually be rushed and get a second chance that will actually make it a good game for once.  I read on Wikipedia (yes I know not a reliable source) that said that Ripto and Gnasty Gnorc were going to join against Spyro and since the dragonflies were crucial to the dragons.  It would make a great plot since Sparx keeps track of your health.

If the remake proves to be a success, then anything is possible. Maybe even a brand new Spyro title.

#28 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

If the remake proves to be a success, then anything is possible. Maybe even a brand new Spyro title.

I hope so.  Spyro Enter the Dragonfly could be a great game if it's in the right hands.

#29 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

I hope so.  Spyro Enter the Dragonfly could be a great game if it's in the right hands.

If I recall correctly, Enter the Dragonfly was fairly decent; the problem was it was so buggy. But again, I might be remembering wrong. I played it years ago.

#30 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

If I recall correctly, Enter the Dragonfly was fairly decent; the problem was it was so buggy. But again, I might be remembering wrong. I played it years ago.

The gameplay was pretty glitchy and one could find ways around collecting the baby dragonflies, in order to face Ripto.  The dragonflies were pretty aggravating, especially with the bubble breath.  I had to keep switching between breaths just to catch those little buggers who kept flying off.

Edited by ienzo628, 17 April 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#31 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

The gameplay was pretty glitchy and one could find ways around collecting the baby dragonflies, in order to face Ripto.  The dragonflies were pretty aggravating, especially with the bubble breath.  I had to keep switching between breaths just to catch those little buggers who kept flying off.

Yeah, I remember I didn't play that much of the game, so I probably would have gotten frustrated if I'd continued.

#32 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

Yeah, I remember I didn't play that much of the game, so I probably would have gotten frustrated if I'd continued.

#33 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Well, hopefully more remakes won't be far behind.

#34 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Well, hopefully more remakes won't be far behind.

Hopefully, they don't remake Spyro into some chosen one like they did following the ending of A Hero's Tail. 

#35 Allwil13

Allwil13
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Hopefully, they don't remake Spyro into some chosen one like they did following the ending of A Hero's Tail. 

Ugh! I remember that.

#36 ienzo628

ienzo628
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

I think they were trying to change up the formula and make the series a little more serious whether than a comedic collect gem games.  I do hope Spyro Year of the Dragon at least has the cutscenes that Ripto's Rage had where a cutscene would show what type of conflict you're in for and how the inhabitants of that world dealt with it.

Ugh! I remember that.

#37 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Mad Titan"

• 13,030 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

I think it's pretty cool that Spyro is making a comeback! Looks like nowadays, beloved gaming icons of the 90's are making their return, and that's awesome!